Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: In-Game Naming Policy

Unhappy In-Game Naming Policy

I just saw someone with the same name as me only they had spaces between each letter and in all caps. If I choose a character name I would like for it to be as unique as possible. Some names are nearly impossible to get because so many people play.

If he had the name first with all spaces that's cool, but can I get a name change to something else if that's the case?

With the current system I could apparently create a character named: F e l e n d i s or any other mod, developer, gm, etc so long as I put spaces between the letters.

That just doesn't seem right to me. LoL on the bright side that emoticon CRACKS ME UP!!!

Yeah thats true... I mean I got a pretty unique name... Would hate for it to be used in different ways...

Feel free to add me on Facebook, Click HERE I am currently level 539 and Leader of the Dragon Dynasty Guild

Are you sure you saw someone with spaces in their name? That shouldn't be possible. I reset my test server character to try it out, and when I tried including spaces in the name it said, "Name may only contain alphanumeric characters".

Quote Originally Posted by Cleomedes View Post
    Are you sure you saw someone with spaces in their name? That shouldn't be possible. I reset my test server character to try it out, and when I tried including spaces in the name it said, "Name may only contain alphanumeric characters".
    I re-looked and at first I thought it was spaces. What it looks like is their name is in ALL CAPS so it appears to have spaces. So they have the same exact name as me only in all caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Yeah thats true... I mean I got a pretty unique name... Would hate for it to be used in different ways...
    Love your sarcasm!!! You're missing the point entirely though. I guess "different" is relative- all caps or no caps it's the same to me.

Player: Hrmmm, hey devs, this person was cheating, think their name was Angelus or something and they were (insert naughty behavior here).

Devs: Ok, we'll look into it.

(a little while later...)

Devs: Hrmm, ok well was it Angelus, ANGELUS, AngelUs, AnGeLuS, ANGelus, ANGeLUS, ANGELus, etc.

Felendis: I say we slap 'em all with the Banhammer and sweat the pig out!

Unfortunately you cannot help that some people will leach - money, energy, ideas, names ... you get the picture. I though my name was pretty unique a few times, and had to change it a few times already - just today signed up with *some other real time based fantasy game* and my name was taken - I was like in #(*$&#(*$, but yeah ...

Point being, you cannot stop it, and I am sure the logs are more extensive than your example above - for example, in most cases when the devs ask for your info to fix something account wise in-game, they want the toon name, as well as your FB ID ...

Yeah, that's true Alzarian. Oh well, I'll just have to resort to committing impostor hate crimes in PvP I guess!!!

For what it's worth, I do love this game and can't wait to see what the future holds!

Oh, on a funny side note. I love those awesome pictures you see of the universe so for years in various games my chosen name was Quasar and it was ALWAYS available. Then I was informed why it was always available:

A) Quasar is the brand name of a really cheap toilet.

and

B) Also the name of this super-duper-ghey blond superhero (I also happen to be blond)

It wasn't sarcasm.

Feel free to add me on Facebook, Click HERE I am currently level 539 and Leader of the Dragon Dynasty Guild

Hmmm, I wasn't even aware names were unique in this game... I figured the primary key for users was our facebook ids.

Having a unique name isn't really that important anyways, unless the devs create leaders boards and enable profile searches by name. I think it would be cool to have those features down the road though.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    It wasn't sarcasm.
    Oh, I apologize. I thought you were being funny. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Mist View Post
    I think it would be cool to have those features down the road though.
    Totally agree with that. I assumed they were unique since the first one I chose wasn't available.

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Felendis's Avatar
    Names are not unique, there is a word filter and some things are blocked though.