Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raid Share Fix

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

Raid Share Fix

Greetings community.

We have deployed a build that will resolve the guild share error. As it stands you should now be able to freely share a raid to your guild and then to world chat or through other means without receiving this error. However, keep in mind that a raid may only be shared to one guild at a time and this is done on a first come first serve basis. This means if you give your raid link out and somebody else shares that raid to their guild nobody else will be able to share that raid directly to their guild from then on.

This fix unfortunately will not be retroactive and raids created prior to this build may still suffer from the original error.

We have also re-enabled the ability to “Shift+Click” the Rallying Cry button for ease and convenience of sharing.

Thank you.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    If we share a raid public, will others still be able to share with their guild? IMO this should only be done by the summoner...

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Cant you like see which raids are affected and reset the timers (since most of the raids will fail)

I dont know how your system works and dont know if its possible, but it would be nice to lower the effect of this bug

but thanks for fixing this anyway

teufel: "However, keep in mind that a raid may only be shared to one guild at a time and this is done on a first come first serve basis. This means if you give your raid link out and somebody else shares that raid to their guild nobody else will be able to share that raid directly to their guild from then on."

so only 1 guild per raid

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    ... However, keep in mind that a raid may only be shared to one guild at a time and this is done on a first come first serve basis...
    Will this be changed in the future or will it stay like this?

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    ok so if a person shares a raid on WC. then a person joins and then shares that raid to their guild, it will still lock everyone out? i don't see how that's much different than it was before. :/ gonna be a lot of failed cara out there....

Quote Originally Posted by Emanonevahi View Post
    Will this be changed in the future or will it stay like this?
    We'd like to collect some more feedback before making a final decision. We have discussed approaching it similarly to how Teufeldog0231 suggested where the summoner is the only one who can share to their guild.

There are currently no plans to allow a raid to be shared to multiple guilds though.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsbohannon View Post
    ok so if a person shares a raid on WC. then a person joins and then shares that raid to their guild, it will still lock everyone out? i don't see how that's much different than it was before. :/ gonna be a lot of failed cara out there....
    It won't lock players out, it will just prevent them from sharing it to their guild via the new share to guild function.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    aha! ok ty Sir Mouse. appreciate the clarification. so anyone could still hit if shared in a group page or wc. it just won't copy to the "guild" raids. that'll work.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    It should definitely be only available to the summoner to share their raid with their guild. I really can't picture a situation where the summoner would legitimately want their raid to be stuck in another guild's raid list. In it's current state it just seems like just some way you can get mildly trolled because you thought the mechanics worked intuitively, and now you can't share with your guild because some other person in chat did...

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    So, I'm still going to be able to post the link to guild chat? MUAHAHAHA!

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Thank you Mouse for getting a hotfix out instead of waiting until Friday.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I'm mixed. I would rather anyone be able to share any raid with their guild, since that's the easiest way to respond to "Hey, does anyone have a NM Baroness I can join?"

But if you're limiting to just one guild, then it should be the summoner's guild, and no other. So that's where my vote goes, and of course, my vote and 50 cents will get you an incredibly amused look at Starbucks...

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    I don't understand why a raid can not be in as many guild lists as possible, This change is to help share raids IN-GAME for the first time ever, which is very awesome!
    Why would we want to limit this?
    What harm in having the raid in more than on guild list?
    Restricting this ability just seems to take away from all the positives this new sharing tool wants to accomplish.

I dream of one day being able to share all my raids i'm in with my guild mates with the click of one button.

This new feature in its current form is easily forgettable, and not worth checking the tab in most cases now.
    Last edited by eagleotto; 25th June 2013 at 06:16. Reason: fixed typo

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleotto View Post
    This new feature in its current form is easily forgettable, and not worth checking the tab in most cases now.
    It would be rather nice if the guild tab had another color when someone shared a raid with the guild. I'd say the same thing about the citadel tab as well, it's easy to neglect too -- but that's a little off topic I guess

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    So, I'm still going to be able to post the link to guild chat? MUAHAHAHA!
    I didn't think of that Nice thinking

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    It still isnt working correctly for me (havent noticed if the 'you are not a member of the guild' has gone away as I had limited time this morning. But joining Guild raids is once again a real chore, click to join, wait 10-15 seconds for it to register, click the next one and so on and so on. Also when clicking on a normal raid shared with the guild the tab shows the available GUILD raids after every click. I have to then click the Guild Tab, and then the Share tab to get back to any shared raids, each and every time.
    Im not sure what 5PG intended with this 'upgrade' but it sure as hell isnt working correctly.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    This means if you give your raid link out and somebody else shares that raid to their guild nobody else will be able to share that raid directly to their guild from then on.
    To be honest: this is just the dumbest "fix" I've ever seen.
    Only good solution for this new sharing option is to make it more similiar to Raid Catcher. Other way it's pretty much useless.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I didn't read every comment fully so I may have missed it,

The idea of only allowing the Summoner to share with their Guild is a good one.
    My first thought on how that would be done is to tag the raid with the summoners game ID - the one that tells the server which character to display, and if someone tries to share that raid to their guild it will compare the character ID with the raid tag and then say yay or nay depending on if the sharer is the summoner.

If it were to be made so that only members of the summoners Guild can share raids to that guild, then you tag the raid with the guild ID and then same as before; share raid to guild, are you a member of the summoners guild? (check ID's), yes or no.

Character and Guild ID's already exist, so to add a couple of lines to the Summon code to allow the raid to be tagged "should" be pretty simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lena Gk View Post
    Dawn welcomes you to your doom
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    I really don't understand why you are in this thread, you are not actually helping in any way. At this point its borderline spam.
    Playing for 4 years, through thick and thin. I've been there, done that and I have some t-shirts to prove it.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    When I go into the raid share tab it takes a very long time for it to load. When I join a raid, the rest of the raids disappear for up to a minute and then finally reappear. I know y'all are trying to streamline but maybe this could be a bit more functional before going public? Otherwise it's an awesome idea (although I agree only the summoner should be able to share with guild). Cheers
    Lighter of the Grail-Shaped Beacon (TM) and Spanking expert.
    Dawn Guild 1.0 - We Used to Care

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishok View Post
    I didn't read every comment fully so I may have missed it,

The idea of only allowing the Summoner to share with their Guild is a good one.
    My first thought on how that would be done is to tag the raid with the summoners game ID - the one that tells the server which character to display, and if someone tries to share that raid to their guild it will compare the character ID with the raid tag and then say yay or nay depending on if the sharer is the summoner.

If it were to be made so that only members of the summoners Guild can share raids to that guild, then you tag the raid with the guild ID and then same as before; share raid to guild, are you a member of the summoners guild? (check ID's), yes or no.

Character and Guild ID's already exist, so to add a couple of lines to the Summon code to allow the raid to be tagged "should" be pretty simple.
    This is interesting, but I can see situations in which someone would want a raid shared with another guild. For example, I might want to whisper a Cara or other big raid to someone in a guild with lots of heavy hitters. If my Cara gets posted to his guild, it may get more attention and better buffs than it would posted to my pvp guild.

As long as people are aware of how this works, the current system isn't that troubling. If you want a raid shared to guild, it's not hard to share to guild before posting to WC or RC. If you whisper a raid to some friends before sharing to guild, there is some risk of a friend being a jerk or an idiot, but imo that's an acceptable risk that we can control. You may lose a raid that way, but then you know not to whisper that person raids anymore. My experience has been that anyone I consider a friend on here is very considerate about not sharing my raids with others unless asked to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast