Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Guild" Invades Dawn of the Dragons!

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Felendis's Avatar

"The Guild" Invades Dawn of the Dragons!

It is my great pleasure to announce that the characters from the amazing web series “The Guild” starring Felicia Day are coming to Dawn of the Dragons! Starting today we will be featuring a new character every month for the next 6 months, which will be accompanied by a “Guild” themed event.

For those of you unfamiliar with “The Guild”, it is a very popular web series about the lives of a group of people that play an online game and are in the same guild together. The series has been viewed over 85,000,000 times on YouTube alone, not to mention premiering most of its episodes on the Xbox Live Marketplace. You can watch the guild here: http://theguild.geekandsundry.com/

This is the first time we have worked with any outside characters in any of our games, and it is also the first time that the characters from “The Guild” have appeared in a video game. Beyond being HUGE fans of the series and characters internally, we felt this brought a fun side narrative to the game and also provided us with an opportunity to work with a truly amazing group of people. Felicia and her team over at Geek & Sundry have been an absolute pleasure and it was great to see how much they care about “The Guild” and how passionately they cared about video games.

Today we are releasing the premium General Tinkerballa and will be summoning a new World Raid: Avinashi! For more information on the item and event, you can read the patch notes here: http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...July-26th-2013

We hope that you enjoy the “The Guild” content in Dawn, we have really enjoyed bringing it to life in our game.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Mitch Manning's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    This is awesome! I am a huge fan of the guild and even got my fiance interested in it. My question to you is will each one be premium?

edit: after all 6 are now going to be premiums...this is not awesome. this awful. awful awful awful. just go to a subscription already.
    Last edited by Mitch Manning; 26th July 2013 at 21:10.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    In need of money, are we?

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    This is nothing but a blatant money-grab. Introducing in content that has nothing to do with the lore of DotD is a terrible idea, and the fact that all it is is a way to cash in twice on the same item (once from The Guild's production company, once from all the players who will buy new premiums) makes it even worse.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I just plain don't like this idea either. And yes, 1st thing that came to my mind is that it's just for the cash.

Edit: Will reserve further comments till after I see the patch online. But 1st impression is really not a good one.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    In the distance someone just jumped over Scuttlegore wearing a pair of water skis....

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Does this mean that there will be a new premium general/troop every month until you get all the characters (so 6)?

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    What the hell? What about free players that have EXACTLY just enough time to gather 100PC between premiums.This came way too early.Don't get me wrong,I have said it once and will do so again,in Lebanon,a country without a ZIP code, you CAN NOT BUY PC. I missed out on Zumara and Tussao for this and I am currently at 78 PC with 3 idols.But I guess it's just good business...

TO BATTLE WE MARCH,IN NUMBERS WE GROW,AND IN ME THEY TRUST...JOIN "-THE DARK SIDE-"

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I have no clue what that series is & I would prefer to keep it that way. What's next? Spend PC on redbull instead of potions to improve energy?

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I want Pokemon familiars.

Silver Arrow
    So does this imply monthly premiums until the end of 2013? *boggle*

And really, do we need in-game promotions of a web series to make money here? And is 5PG annoying viewers of said web series with Dawn of the Dragons promotions and product placement? Will red-headed elf girl (sorry, I don't care about The Guild Web Series and can't be bothered to find out her name) be throwing Faustus' Shadowy Bolts of Time Ripping™ or Elyssa's Flames of Devastation™? Because if anything, I demand balance... if we're being annoyed by The Guild, at the very least, their viewers can be annoyed by Dawn of the Dragons.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    it seems like a fun idea to bring into the game but it should've been kept as a guild raid (the guild raids have no story relation and are just side things) and the generals should not have been premium. Just extremely rare guild raid drops off of massive guild raids.

This would've been great to introduce communities with and give guilds something to dump honor on.

As it is now, this really does seem like a simple money grab ploy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    Our business philosophy is to do what is best for our players. 100% of our players will never agree with any decision we make, but we feel if we do right by our players they will do right by us. I am not talking about only the currently paying players here, I am talking about everyone.
    Entered West Kruna Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by miztickow View Post
    I want Pokemon familiars.
    no no. have pokemon as random encounters in quest zones. you can fight and catch them and then they become troops in your legion. they have different procs based on the raid type. now that i could have fun with. burn those undead charmander!

Silver Arrow
    Just to provide a little counterpoint to the general caterwauling, I like it. Time will tell if I like the story that comes of it, of course.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I'm happy for you guyz.... BUT.. As far as I've seen the community is NOT thrilled about how you are handling this. Furthermore, I think by doing this you might actually chase away a ton of people from this game (even me if this becomes solely about profit rather than fun for the player). So I really hope you reconsider your choice.

Don't ask about the image^.... I Felt a little obligated to put it on.
    My name can stand for error 404 (but don't call me that because I hate it), 401k, and if it was completely binary (101011) it would mean +.
    Don't be afraid to give me positive or negative rep.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    I stand to be corrected but as far as I can see it is a monthly appearance on the other site not a monthly Prem, I could be wrong but I hope not

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaek View Post
    I stand to be corrected but as far as I can see it is a monthly appearance on the other site not a monthly Prem, I could be wrong but I hope not
    Cleo just told us in kong chat that they'll all be prems

I should be saving my PC to buy Felicia Day then, I take it.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbvd1993 View Post
    Cleo just told us in kong chat that they'll all be prems
    wow.... that's just awful. its going to hurt dawn more then help it.

Sargaash the Mighty equal miztickow's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaek View Post
    Cleo just said all 6 will be premiums and some will be troops.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast