Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AP bags - are they worth purchasing?

AP bags - are they worth purchasing?

The King's Bounty bag takes so long to get that you invariably have better equipment than what you get out of it. Do the Devs have any intention of upgrading or changing the gear that you get out of these bags in the future?

It's a bit of a waste of time purchasing them at the moment. Even the craftable items that you get from the components in these bags are subpar and don't hold up against Bludheim equipment which can be collected a lot earlier and more easily.

Just a thought.

I guess right now the only useful thing is another piece of individual equipment to the list. Personally, I'm holding out for new AP bags, if and when they come.

Feel free to add me on Facebook, Click HERE I am currently level 539 and Leader of the Dragon Dynasty Guild

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    I think of AP as an in-game chance to gamble for PC.

100AP for a spin of the wheel, about a 1 in 8 shot for 2-5PC.

With average luck you can get a 30PC item after about 8000AP

Being a collector, then yes.
    Click on the pic to add me

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleotto View Post
    I think of AP as an in-game chance to gamble for PC.

100AP for a spin of the wheel, about a 1 in 8 shot for 2-5PC.

With average luck you can get a 30PC item after about 8000AP
    did u try this theory or u just guessing?

Golden Garden Monk Michaelsoftman's Avatar
    I bought several 100 AP bags because I got lucky with getting PC out of them.

I don't plan on buying any of the other bags though.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Mitch Manning's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    i did one 10k bag and was really let down. it was just the blade. really there is nothing else to use them for so might as well.

I just spent 1300 on the 100's to test the PC theory, and I got a bunch o'crap and two 5pc sets. not exactly worth it but, better than waiting to be let down with the 2500 bag

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Ah, finally a thread on this topic. I kinda wanted to wait for the King's Bounty, but I'm glad I didn't. The odds of getting that 150PC weren't worth the effort, so what I did instead was I bought a bunch of 100AP bag. 42, to be more accurate, since I had 4200AP. Like angeluspike said 1 in 7-8 bags is a PCs winner! I currently have 27PCs, very glad with the decision to get the small bags!

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    after a few kings bounties you only get 150pc out of them.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    10k bag is best shot for the long run, but you need 70k+ AP, that is some massive AP farming required.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Gotten 450 pc so far from the 10k bags, I dont regret waiting.

If the devs are a bit fair, they will give players a chance to spend their AP's before the implementing of a new system (by anouncing the change or by having both systems in place for a while)

So your best is probably to save AP for now. I you can't make it to the 70k before the new AP system, then buy the 100ap bags. Otherwise buy the 10k packs.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Blublublub View Post
    If the devs are a bit fair, they will give players a chance to spend their AP's before the implementing of a new system (by anouncing the change or by having both systems in place for a while)

So your best is probably to save AP for now. I you can't make it to the 70k before the new AP system, then buy the 100ap bags. Otherwise buy the 10k packs.
    They have already said that the new AP system will be separate from the old one, so you will still be able to spend your old AP on the bags after the new system is implemented; you just won't be able to earn any more old AP.

World Mender
    The devs said that the AP revamp won't affect the current AP in possession.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    i thought they said the new system is a separate system, so we still have the old system and a new system.

they should not take away the old system, that would be bs. some people should not be able to get pc's while others will never be able to access to .

in the january state of the game is says the new system in independant of the old one, so i don't see why the old one would be taken away

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by icecab21 View Post
    i thought they said the new system is a separate system, so we still have the old system and a new system.

they should not take away the old system, that would be bs. some people should not be able to get pc's while others will never be able to access to .

in the january state of the game is says the new system in independant of the old one, so i don't see why the old one would be taken away
    They're going to stop us from earning the old AP or change the rewards because they're losing money by letting people get massive amounts of free PC from them.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    They're going to stop us from earning the old AP or change the rewards because they're losing money by letting people get massive amounts of free PC from them.
    where have they said this?

people are not getting massive amounts of free sp
    people work to get the sp by playing the game . i should not lose something by have 999 kills and then all of a sudden my 999 kills don't give me anything when other people got stuff for 1000 kills

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by miztickow View Post
    Your full of it. They are adding a new system that runs along side the old system.

Also, how nice of someone to revive a two year old thread -.-

The 10k AP is the best bet. Yes out of 70k AP you might be able to get more than 300pc from the 100ap bags, but at 80k its 450pc, 90k is 600pc.... and it rises and rises. 100 peasants bags (10k ap) will not get you 150pc. Sorry.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    where have they said this?
    I don't think they've explicitly said it, but if they continue to give free PC in the King's Bounty bags, then people like me (people without much recreational spending money) have 0 incentive to spend a single penny on this game and it's losing them possible profit. They maintain this game so that they can make a profit, so it only makes sense that they would do everything possible (within reason) to increase that profit.

people are not getting massive amounts of free sp
    people work to get the sp by playing the game . i should not lose something by have 999 kills and then all of a sudden my 999 kills don't give me anything when other people got stuff for 1000 kills
    This smells a bit like entitlement to me. You will get something for getting 1k nm kills after the new system is in place, just not the massive amounts of free PC that older players have gotten. There is an inherent problem of older players having an advantage on newer players with things like AP, premium generals/troops, old magics/item sets, etc. because they've been around longer and had more opportunities, but it's not really the kind of thing that can be avoided unless they want to remove the "limited time" part of limited time offers, which they don't seem inclined to do right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast