Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scheduled Maintenance

Scheduled Maintenance

Dawn of the Dragons will be down for scheduled maintenance on Fridays starting at noon Pacific Daylight Time, downtime should be minimal.
    Last edited by Felendis; 24th September 2010 at 20:28. Reason: Updated times

Is there going to be any kind of gift for the players because of maintenence? I just summoned the scorpion boss and he is immense comared to the first boss. This downtime will severely effect my battle. Been trying to get a bigger army but everyone has other fights going on too and will be near impossible to finish this fight without as much time for fighting as possible. I know they give stuff out for this on other apps and was just wondering. Will suck if we lose this fight by just a little bit.

Dawn of the Dragons is still undergoing maintenance, we should be down for approximately 1 more hour to make sure the things we added are working properly. As soon as the servers are ready, we will make another post. Sorry for the inconvenience, we appreciate you patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Samson View Post
    Is there going to be any kind of gift for the players because of maintenence? I just summoned the scorpion boss and he is immense comared to the first boss. This downtime will severely effect my battle. Been trying to get a bigger army but everyone has other fights going on too and will be near impossible to finish this fight without as much time for fighting as possible. I know they give stuff out for this on other apps and was just wondering. Will suck if we lose this fight by just a little bit.
    Hi Lord Samson, as far as I am aware your raids will be unaffected by the Scheduled Maintenance. Once the servers are back up you should be able to proceed as before.
    Im sure someone will confirm this when they have time, but they are working hard to get the maintenance finished (unless your timer was due to run out during the maintenance, and unfortunately there is little that can be done about that). If it has effected you, send me a PM with your Raid link, and I'll see if I can help you a little.

This is regular, scheduled maintenance, this is required by all games to maintain their performance, and is also used as a time to roll out new patches and upgrade. I have to admit, I have never seen any online game offer their user base free gifts for regular scheduled weekly maintenance, it is something that, as a user, you expect to happen if the game you play is to function as it should.
    Last edited by Stewie Doo; 7th June 2010 at 09:51.

I thought you needed heavy hitters or strong spells to finish the battle seeing as there is such a big difference between him and the first boss battle but I was wrong. Great to see someone pays attention. Thanks and keep up the good work. Am enjoying this app a lot.

Moving it to reports.
    Last edited by Lawrence; 9th June 2010 at 18:23.

Join the Royal Imperial Crusaders.
    [The Crusaders] - [The Paladins] - [The Templars]
    And be one of us.

At least we know when now.

Feel free to add me on Facebook, Click HERE I am currently level 539 and Leader of the Dragon Dynasty Guild

The new gifting section is great

"You must join the DSG forum before you apply to our guild or you will not be accepted"
    Considering joining a guild? Look no further CLICK ME and follow the first post instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowalk View Post
    The new gifting section is great
    Agreed gonna be really helpful!

Feel free to add me on Facebook, Click HERE I am currently level 539 and Leader of the Dragon Dynasty Guild

I'm with them, the new gifting features are awesome, thanks

Connectivity Issues

Facing connectivity issues fr the past 2 days... starting from about 30 minutes ago... (i.e) issues start 11 am EST to 12 pm EST... . Quests show less exp when done.. Raids do not load.. Maybe its time to upgrade those servers to accomodate the load

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Facing connectivity issues fr the past 2 days... starting from about 30 minutes ago... (i.e) issues start 11 am EST to 12 pm EST... . Quests show less exp when done.. Raids do not load.. Maybe its time to upgrade those servers to accomodate the load
    Ok.. the problem is still persisting... im getting a server side shut down when im attempting a raid!
    also in the Raid.. above the "attack" buttons im seeing a new message which says "cooldown". not sure if its something to do with the servers... and just FYI i've experienced the same thing on Google Chrome, Firefox and skyfire. This is getting kind of frustrating.... and also... not sure if i've posted in the right section..
    Admin.. request you to kindly move to appropriate section... Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Ok.. the problem is still persisting... im getting a server side shut down when im attempting a raid!
    also in the Raid.. above the "attack" buttons im seeing a new message which says "cooldown". not sure if its something to do with the servers... and just FYI i've experienced the same thing on Google Chrome, Firefox and skyfire. This is getting kind of frustrating.... and also... not sure if i've posted in the right section..
    Admin.. request you to kindly move to appropriate section... Many thanks.
    Ok.. i've just seen the message posted above.. i'm sorry for the trouble

Looks like the server is down for emergency maintenance right now?
    I no longer play so please dont send me any friend requests..

Linden, you are flooding dear

MSG me for a link to the FB group

Quote Originally Posted by Lillibeth View Post
    Linden, you are flooding dear
    I'm sowwy Lilly! i pwomise i won't do it again...

See. This is the kind of thing I was talking about earlier. Not nessesarily the scheduled maint but the surprise stuff and this lag is killing the raids. Kinda turning me off. Not trying to be a pain because I realize this is a new app but it could potentially turn off other players too. My buddy already said he was quitting. Thats why I asked if there would be any kind of compensation for all these problems. Don't want to lose players this early in the development of a cool new app. Thanks for your time and cosideration.

But the issue isn't the dev's Samson, the issue is society.

Things will have teething problems, that's why most apps on facebook have "beta" in their name, because its an ongoing project. Dev's are doing there best and can only learn how to fix things by facing the problem. In closed beta we obviously never hit peak traffic latency so its not something they anticipated, and what they and everyone needs now is patience and understanding. People leaving because of lag 2 weeks into the launch of something isn't the answer.

Compensation for lost loot due to lag isn't going to happen as were all in the same boat here, no one has gained an advantage therefore they have nothing to compensate for.... The game is free so they have no obligation to do anything, however they're striving for a useable/playable and somewhat addictive game.

The latency issues have only been over the last few days, obviously the games more popular, and lots of people on together.

This all points to a necessity for larger/more powerful servers. Which of course costs money.

"You must join the DSG forum before you apply to our guild or you will not be accepted"
    Considering joining a guild? Look no further CLICK ME and follow the first post instructions.

I agree with you on the compensation part. Maybe if it was happening to a small group of people and not everyone else then maybe they would have an argument.

Turns out they will be compensating:

Update: We are still working on the issues and will continue to do so until they are resolved. As soon as we have more information, it will be posted here and on the forums. We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We will be compensating our awesome ~29,000 users when we get this fixed.

So guess i'll shut up now LOL.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast