Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Introducing the "World of Dawn of the Dragons" Forum

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Was there one for EG?

Quote Originally Posted by Kegfarms View Post
    Was there one for EG?
    Elite Gladiators? For that one, I think we either just used the same RC as the regular one or we put in something gameplay related - saying it was a limited time raid etc.

"...the game in general seems to have a wanton disregard for human life."
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    What I would like to see is the Family tree of the Dragons

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Android
    hi,
    welcome guys here lots of game suggestion which can play online and offline thanks for that.

My Platform(s)
    Other
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleomedes View Post
    This area likely won't be used again.

Back when Dawn was our only game, it was easy to add a story extract every so often. Now that I'm working on four games, time is in much shorter supply.

Plus I have a strong preference for telling stories inside the games rather than outside them. Originally Dawn only had a small amount of space for story text (which is why Zones 1 to 6 are so short in terms of word count) - whereas now it's essentially unlimited. So, I can unload longer storytelling there instead. And we also have a lot more sets, which enables me to tell stories across their lore blurbs instead.
    I do have a question about this though.

Will the z1-6 quest texts be rewritten to more expanded versions to be more in line with the higher zones or will they be kept as-is?

"That which is not slightly distorted lacks sensible appeal: From which it follows that irregularity -- that is to say, the unexpected, surprise and astonishment, are an essential part and characteristic of beauty." ~ Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Scylla View Post
    I do have a question about this though.

Will the z1-6 quest texts be rewritten to more expanded versions to be more in line with the higher zones or will they be kept as-is?
    My plan is to keep them as-is.

It's one thing to fix typos or actual mistakes, but I'm not a fan of going back and revamping existing story material. To me that's the kind of thing that eventually leads to radios instead of guns, and Greedo shooting first.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Sure. Though as mentioned above, most of them are just generic "help kill this!" Facebook viral type messages.

If and when we do what we did in Suns, and make these blurbs accessible in the war room, I'd probably tweak them first.
    Thanks Cleo! I was looking for these today.

i have played Dawn of the Dragons and it doesnt even bored me! just love it

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Is there going to be another story soon? I loved the past ones so far, good job cleo

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeancee View Post
    Is there going to be another story soon? I loved the past ones so far, good job cleo
    Thanks.

I don't plan to add any more stories here. These days there are enough opportunities to include them in the games instead.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Thanks.

I don't plan to add any more stories here. These days there are enough opportunities to include them in the games instead.
    They've been getting rather long @_@''
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Sorry for the confusion! I blame the beardmice.

*Note: One of my guildmates called Tollo "Trollo," and I haven't been able to get that out of my head, considering all the chaos that specific premium caused. It just feels... right, no?

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    pro tip for story writers and 5th Planet Game owner, write story books with the lore of DOTD and clash and add these to the market and make some more profits. People like the lore behind your games

Preferably a downloadable Ebook, paper has its cost

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    My plan is to keep them as-is.

It's one thing to fix typos or actual mistakes, but I'm not a fan of going back and revamping existing story material. To me that's the kind of thing that eventually leads to radios instead of guns, and Greedo shooting first.
    greedo did shoot first.
    Han Solo isn't a murderer!
    http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...ression-thread -> Progression thread, everyone submit one!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolithe View Post
    greedo did shoot first.
    Han Solo isn't a murderer!
    Proof that Han Solo was smart enough to shoot first, but George Lucas thinks we are confused. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu-TZpGdszA

Han Solo is my all time favorite movie character above all others. My dragon (African Grey Parrot) is named after him. Han Solo (Solo for short). But he shot first in 1977 but in 1997, Greedo shot first thanks to digital editing.

Logann and Solo
    Lets the Wookie Win

(22:00) Bright: rumour has it; a stare from Logann is like being pummeled by a million yotsuba's

(22:01) Sheetuya: i've heard Logann has tied with Chuck Norris in a round house battle!

(21:13) Limi: Logann hugs da best.

(19:12) Thanatos: Logann and Chuck Norris faced off thus became known as the The Big Bang!!!

(4:09) Viskadel: Logann wants to shank the lag beast

(0:24) Sycall: I hear the Logann Chat Ban is so strong, it makes you mute in the real world until the time is over

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    So we can expect the lore from now on to be in new armor sets and possible some new questing zones or raids and logann was te round house battle with Chuck Norris building a round house or round house kicking?

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    I yearn I yearn!
    I'm here
    I want Everyone to Follow the Rules, ??,??? PC's Spent,Please Fix the Raid UI or Rollback to the Old one.

Tns Compliant.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    can some one lots of time volunteer to coordinate(so the extracts don't get to off base with whats happening in the game) with you and write these?

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Logann View Post
    Proof that Han Solo was smart enough to shoot first, but George Lucas thinks we are confused. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu-TZpGdszA

Han Solo is my all time favorite movie character above all others. My dragon (African Grey Parrot) is named after him. Han Solo (Solo for short). But he shot first in 1977 but in 1997, Greedo shot first thanks to digital editing.

Logann and Solo
    Lets the Wookie Win
    I wonder whether this has any connection with solus??

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

Quote Originally Posted by pyrolizard View Post
    can some one lots of time volunteer to coordinate(so the extracts don't get to off base with whats happening in the game) with you and write these?
    Players are welcome to post fan-fiction on the Off-Topic forum, but I don't plan to include player-written works in this part of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrolizard View Post
    I wonder whether this has any connection with solus??
    No, I named Solus long before Logann joined 5PG - and he'd already named his parrot by then too.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    I am nobody! Who are you? Are you nobody too?

found in Forest Spirit Hands, reference to Emily Dickinson's Poem, "I am nobody, who are you?"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234