Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the "World of Dawn of the Dragons" Forum

But what is the likely old that you will ever use this area for that purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by idea bulb View Post
    But what is the likely old that you will ever use this area for that purpose?
    I'm not sure I follow. That's what the current things I've posted here are - official canon. I'm not planning on posting more, but the stuff I've already posted is part of the game's story and setting.

"...the game in general seems to have a wanton disregard for human life."
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleomedes View Post
    Now that I'm working on four games, time is in much shorter supply.
    Four? Okay, Dotd+Lots+Clash, and the fourth is LoH (League of Heroes)? It will be released in June?

Four? Okay, Dotd+Lots+Clash, and the fourth is LoH (League of Heroes)? It will be released in June?
    June was an unofficial release date. It may take a little longer to get it right, but be warned: it will be released on Kongregate first.

I am currious about the names of the continents and the orbiting moons of whatever the planets name is, could you please tell us the names of them?

Quote Originally Posted by idea bulb View Post
    I am currious about the names of the continents and the orbiting moons of whatever the planets name is, could you please tell us the names of them?
    Tor'gyyl is the planet.

West Kruna, East Kruna, and Chalua are the only continents which have been named in existing material. Lunar names haven't arisen yet in the story or lore.

I have a policy of not giving out info, and thus creating canon, until things arise in the games themselves. It gives me more freedom for future content.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

I want to know if the LoaTS character is the descendant of the DotD character... Is it?
    ~So we're outnumbered, outgunned, and half-starved.~
    ~~You aren't concerned?~~
    ~Concerned? Are you insane? These are the best odds I've had in my life!~

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    I want to know if the LoaTS character is the descendant of the DotD character... Is it?
    Yes.

(Not bothering with spoiler tags, since that information used to be revealed in the Suns tutorial - before we revamped it to the current system.)

Farmhand
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleomedes View Post
    Yes.

(Not bothering with spoiler tags, since that information used to be revealed in the Suns tutorial - before we revamped it to the current system.)
    But if it's the same universe, what happened to the other races of Tor'gyll and with all the magic?

Quote Originally Posted by felipe970421 View Post
    But if it's the same universe, what happened to the other races of Tor'gyll and with all the magic?
    That may or may not be revealed.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Wow, dead thread is dead.
    Cleomedes, I just wanna let you know that my favorite aspect of the DotD and LoTS games is your lore blurbs and the questline.
    Is it all your handiwork, or are there other Dev's who write as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazarus View Post
    Wow, dead thread is dead.
    Cleomedes, I just wanna let you know that my favorite aspect of the DotD and LoTS games is your lore blurbs and the questline.
    Is it all your handiwork, or are there other Dev's who write as well?
    Thanks. I'm glad you like them.

I do all the creative writing for Dawn, Suns, and Clash. The only other current team member who writes for any of the games is Brian David-Marshall. He does the story text for Legacy of Heroes (whereas I do the card flavour text and item lore there). Though we'll hopefully have another writer soon, who's going to handle the next game.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Since it was in the original post

Who exactly was the Red Prince?
    What did Roland get up to before he retired?

Quote Originally Posted by mesh View Post
    Since it was in the original post

Who exactly was the Red Prince?
    What did Roland get up to before he retired?
    Those stories are posted in this part of the forum.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I have a policy of not giving out info, and thus creating canon, until things arise in the games themselves. It gives me more freedom for future content.
    In this case, I'd like to ask about the existing content.
    Guild raids. All of them. Well, all of them but Prince Obyron, he's explained pretty well. The rest of them, though, I'd like to hear about - compared to usual raids, which have their debuts in the storyline, they have almost nothing.

This is roughly what I know by now:

Celeano - might be just a generic harpy
    Groblar - implied to be a deep gnome by the fairy pants, different from the other gnomes. Connection to possibly poisonous mushrooms unexplained. Also a killer of other shorty kinds
    Arachna - might be just a generic giant spider
    Al-Azab - might be just a generic djinn, with that Arabian-sounding name - called 'doomed one' in one of the SoR2 hints for a reason unexplained.
    Batiatus' Gladiators - who's Batiatus?
    Tithrasia - might just be a generic gorgon or whatever that species is
    Slaughterers Six - two names are known by now. The mage guy is Joon, and he has a quite the impressive backstory going. More elaboration of those would be really nice.
    Deathglare - likely just a generic basilisk.
    Tetrarchos - likely just a generic chimera, similar to the Final Fantasy ones.
    Black Moon Pack - likely just generic werewolves.
    Lunatics - The demon Dlease is visible by the end. He came over to an asylum or similar, we can see the cells along the corridor, and made the crazies even more crazy, as if it was needed - crazy enough that they require up to fifty people to be taken down.
    Hammer - magic mutates pig into blue red-bristled armor-wearing murderous monster with actual fingers instead of hooves. Wow.
    Ragetalon - might just be a generic roc. Has four wings - must be normal for Tor'gyylian rocs.
    Scuttlegore - fish crab. Shambleshark. Funny how you had that idea before MtG did. A colosseum beast, albeit its origins are unknown.
    Varlachleth - seems to be a snail-like demon with a bunch of eyes and holy hell is that part in the distance a continuation of that thing? Called 'a mage's folly' in one of the SoR2 hints - I'd sure like to know why.
    Felendis & Shaoquin - Felendis seems to be a developer here, and his avatar is oddly similar to the raid boss - while the raid boss then gets a human-like head, likely Felendis the developer's real life look. Coupled with the unorthodox HP, I'd say the raid is meant to be not necessarily canon or anything, just funny. Shaoquin is a mystery.
    Dirthax - likely just a genetic giant anglerfish thing. I like the woman-shaped esca - shows it hunts sailors rather than anything else.
    Krasgore - likely just a genetic manticore.
    Xessus - likely just a generic centaur, albeit that makes generic centaurs of Tor'gyyl pretty damn strong.
    Malchar - it seems demons don't really get to be generic. Some are just fiery and brimstony, some are huge eye-studded slugs, some are humanoid yet tentacled, and then some are deceptively human-looking archers.
    Euphronios - seems like a colossus, a construct. Why are the fingers hollow, I don't know. Dahrizon's guardian golems appear to be made of a similar material, this one's just bigger.
    Agony - so there's those four guys. Well, I say guys. There's Vayan the some kind of magician with a doll, the possibly unnamed fallen angel, Zoltan the... Blackguard? What's a Blackguard, and he sure does change between weapons a lot. The axe explains the bow, the twin daggers aren't. There's also the tentatively named Leech the body hijacker purple sorcerer. And they work together, and none of them fall over, unlike the Slaughterers, and the entire raid is tagged 'Undead' and goes on at night... it's all very perplexing.
    Giant Dreadbloom - likely a generic monstrous plant, generic to the point of not getting a name.
    Rhalmarius - seems like a dragon which likes setting villages on fire. A legion of village extinguishers is the best weapon against him.
    N'rlux - some absolutely huge moth, barely molting during the raid and yet still the strongest thing before zone 10.

So yeah. Many of the raids seem to be just generic monsters, their backstory being that they're that kind of monster - I find that sufficient. With the group raids or rather human raids like Slaughterers and Agony, there's much to explain - they all likely have names and stories. Al-Azab and Varlachleth also seem to have more going on than meets the eye.

Or is it possible that you've answered this question already in the past, and I've merely failed to find that answer?

For guild raids the Rallying Cry text sometimes reveals a bit of backstory, where it exists.

Down the line we'll hopefully be able to put that information on tool-tips in the war room, like we did in Suns - so it's conveniently accessible to everyone, including the people who play on other platforms (since only Facebook players see the RC text).

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    including the people who play on other platforms (since only Facebook players see the RC text).
    So yeah, that's me. Is there any repository where I could find the backstories? I haven't found them on the wiki, although I don't know if it's because I didn't look hard enough or because they never were there.
    It seems that the backstories could have been referred to in the SoCK hints, and as such... well, it doesn't matter anymore, since I don't think anyone will be refinding the answer if it's known already, but for a new event like that it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnakht View Post
    Is there any repository where I could find the backstories?
    I think they might be on the forum somewhere, as they currently stand.

Though I'll probably tweak them a bit - in particular the early ones - before they end up appearing on the war room tool-tips. Originally I just wrote them as calls to action. Typical Facebook viral stuff ("Come here and kill this!"). It's only in the more recent ones that I started including some degree of background info.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rally cry text doesn't work, at least last I checked on kong. Can you make a thread with those stories for us please? It would finally be nice to get the context for us. Since its been a year without it being fixed, doing it here would at least be something for us.
    LEON DOTD Compendium: Guides, TNL Estimator, Raid Epic Ranges and More: : http://leon-dotd.rhcloud.com
    old version: http://leon.dx.am
    (note: clanteam appears dead, sadly)

Quote Originally Posted by cryophallion View Post
    Rally cry text doesn't work, at least last I checked on kong. Can you make a thread with those stories for us please? It would finally be nice to get the context for us. Since its been a year without it being fixed, doing it here would at least be something for us.
    Sure. Though as mentioned above, most of them are just generic "help kill this!" Facebook viral type messages.

If and when we do what we did in Suns, and make these blurbs accessible in the war room, I'd probably tweak them first.

---------------------------

Celeano

The harpy Celeano ({*DIFF*}) has plagued the land for too long. {*actor*} aims to put an end to her, and calls for fellow {*guild*} members to heed the call to arms.

Arachna

{*actor*} of {*guild*} is attempting to slay Arachna ({*DIFF*}), the fearsome giant spider. Will you lend your blade to this noble endeavor, or does your arachnophobia hold you paralyzed?

Al-Azab

The powerful djinn known as Al-Azab ({*DIFF*}) has appeared, and turned both his strength and his dark magic against the people of the land. {*actor*} of {*guild*} rises to defend them, and cries out for allies.

Groblar Deathcap

Within the diminutive body of Groblar Deathcap ({*DIFF*}) lurks malevolent power. {*actor*} of {*guild*} seeks to destroy the wicked gnome, and asks for aid.

Deathglare

{*actor*} of {*guild*} is assembling a band of warriors to slay the basilisk known across the land as Deathglare ({*DIFF*}). Will you join the fight? If so, be careful not to meet the beast's gaze!

Ragetalon

Ragetalon ({*DIFF*}) swoops across the land, devouring livestock and slaying villagers. {*actor*} of {*guild*} yearns to put an end to this, and calls for your help.

Batiatus' Gladiators

Batiatus boasts that his team of gladiators ({*DIFF*}) cannot be defeated. {*actor*} wishes to prove him wrong, and calls for members of {*guild*} to enter the Colosseum.

Tetrarchos

The vicious chimera Tetrarchos ({*DIFF*}) has slaughtered many gladiators on the sands of the Colosseum. Now {*actor*} calls for fellow members of {*guild*} to put a stop to the beast's reign of terror.

Scuttlegore

{*actor*} stands in a flooded arena, and gazes into the soulless black eyes of Scuttlegore ({*DIFF*}). Will other {*guild*} members join the fight, or will {*actor*} be devoured?

Tithrasia

With snakes hissing around her head, and death in her malevolent eyes, Tithrasia ({*DIFF*}) emerges from the ruined temple in which she lurks. Will more victims fall to the cruel gorgon, or will other members of {*guild*} help {*actor*} vanquish her?

The Black Moon Pack

{*actor*} has journeyed into the forest depths, in search of a bloodthirsty group of bandits who have preyed upon travelers for weeks. But there's more to the Black Moon Pack ({*DIFF*}) than it first appears, and without help from {*guild*} {*actor*} may soon number among their victims.

Varlachleth

A mage opened a portal to a demonic realm, in search of infernal power which she could bend to her will. But her sorceries could not hold Varlachleth ({*DIFF*}) at bay, and she paid for her foolishness with her life. Now the hideous creature writhes across the land, destroying all in its path. {*actor*} calls for the rest of {*guild*} to gather and slay this foul abomination.

Euphronios

For centuries Euphronios ({*DIFF*}) stood upon a small island off the coast of West Kruna. He was thought to be a magnificent statue erected by a vanished civilization, a true wonder inherited from the ancient world. But when lightning struck him, his true nature was revealed. Now the reactivated golem is on a rampage, carving out a seemingly mindless path of desolation. Can {*actor*} and {*guild*} bring down this gigantic foe, or will their smashed bodies be strewn across the ground?

Slaughterers Six

The path of an adventurer is fraught with perils, and not merely to one's flesh. Such a lifestyle can also corrupt mind and soul. So it was with Slaughterers Six ({*DIFF*}). They were once a band of virtuous wanderers, before their slaying of monsters and plundering of dungeons gave them a taste for murder and thievery. Now they revel in evil, and {*actor*} of {*guild*} is determined to bring an end to them.

Lunatics

A philanthropic nobleman built a keep to house deranged men and women, a place where they could live out their days without posing a threat to their fellows. But the cries of insanity from within those stone walls attracted the attention of the demon Dlease ({*DIFF*}). Wishing to cause havoc, he further twisted the inmates' minds -- and gave them a fraction of his power with which to break out of their cells and slaughter the guards. {*actor*} has gone to restore order to the asylum, and calls on the rest of {*guild*} for help.

Felendis and Shaoquin

Countless adventurers have yearned to strike Felendis and Shaoquin ({*DIFF*}) down, to punish them for their many crimes. Yet the insidious duo had always lain hidden, far from the reach of those who sought them. Until now. On this day {*actor*} has come face to face with the murderous pair, and has sent messengers to summon the other members of {*guild*}.

Agony

Hordes of malefactors gathered beneath a full moon, and battled to prove their might before the dark gods. They fought and killed until corpses lay in great heaps, and only four remained standing. That quartet had earned the favor of the sinister powers, and became bound together in their quest to bring horror and carnage to West Kruna. In but a short time Vayan, Zoltan, Angel, and Leech ({*DIFF*}) have spread their wickedness across the kingdom. Will {*actor*} be the one to end this blight, or will all of {*guild*} be slaughtered by the terrible tetrad?

Prince Obyron

There have been tales of a malevolent fairy prince ({*DIFF*}) who seduces innocent maidens with his eldritch beauty, and lures them deep into the forest. In time their mutilated bodies are found, with the eyes torn from their faces. Outraged by such evil, {*actor*} intends to slay the murderous sprite -- and cries out for {*guild*} to help ensure that harsh retribution falls upon him.

Hammer

Stromhamre has always been famed for its sausages, and every butcher in the province yearns to be named the winner of the annual contests in which such foodstuffs are presented for judgment. So one of them fed magical artifacts and alchemical mixtures to a pig, believing that this would give its meat an unrivaled taste. Alas, the foolish man only brought about his own destruction. For the hog ({*DIFF*}) became an unholy abomination -- with a cunning, savage mind and a taste for human flesh. {*actor*} is hunting for the creature, and urges the rest of {*guild*} to lend their aid.

Dirthax

Many ships have been lost off the coast of West Kruna, leading to rumors that a great sea monster lurks within the briny depths. {*actor*} has taken a ship, and seeks to patrol those waters in search of the mysterious creature ({*DIFF*}). Will the other members of {*guild*} take part in this dangerous voyage?

Giant Dreadbloom

Dreadblooms are terrible carnivorous plants, capable of ensnaring people with their tendrils and drawing them into their maws -- where a slow, agonizing digestion awaits them. These ferocious flora are destroyed on sight, and had been thought eradicated from most of the kingdom. Yet now a gigantic dreadbloom ({*DIFF*}) has emerged from the swamp, and is laying waste to a village. {*actor*} does battle with the perilous plant, but faces certain death unless the other warriors of {*guild*} join the fray.

Rhalmarius the Despoiler

Rhalmarius ({*DIFF*}), the dreaded drake, has murdered countless innocents since the war began. He shuns the battlefield, for he seeks slaughter instead of combat. His way is to find unguarded towns and villages, and raze them to the ground. Scouts have spotted him in the skies, heading towards yet another settlement. {*actor*} seeks to intercept him there. Join the battle! Let {*guild*} be known throughout the land as the band of heroes who saved the kingdom from Rhalmarius!

Krasgore

The corpses told the tale, for those of the woodsmen with the fortitude to look upon them and the knowledge to read their signs. Bloody torsos and severed limbs bore gaping rents that could have been the work of either blade or claw. But there were the marks of teeth also, of great savage jaws that belonged to no civilized being. So there it was, written in blood and gore. A monster attack. And the channel which punctured one woman's chest told the rest. The wound had been inflicted and her life taken by a barbed tail. Each woodsman looked to the others, all their faces pale. A manticore ({*DIFF*})... They had to seek help.

Xessus of the Grim Wood

"He killed him! He just... He... He ran my uncle through with his sword. And then he... He made me watch... Oh, gods! I saw him eat Uncle Gurn's heart! He tore it out of his body and ate it! Then he told me to run and tell the others. He said the woods were his, and he'd kill anyone who didn't pay the toll! Help us! Please! The centaur's a... a monster ({*DIFF*})! We can't fight him. He'll murder us all! But you're strong. We've heard about you, going around killing monsters and saving folk. You can slay him. Please, help us!" -- A peasant girl

Malchar the Tri-Eyed

Malchar ({*DIFF*}) smiled. One of her eyes had glimpsed the figures in the distance, and the other two turned to feast their gazes upon them as well. Warriors. Come to battle her, to avenge the others she'd slain with her infernal shafts. These ones looked strong. Good... They would make fine sport. She raised her bow, and let her eyes pick out the first to die.

N'rlux the Devourer

N'rlux's ({*DIFF*}) gigantic carapace grinds against rocky crags as the monstrous insect crawls and scuttles through the desolate mountains. Behind that terrible creature lie the ruins of a village, where hardy men and women once tended their goats and eked out an existence amongst the stone. Their flesh bubbles inside the insect's guts now. And still the creature hungers, filled with an insatiable appetite by the foul magic which twisted its body into a gargantuan abomination. It seeks the plains down below, where more populous settlements wait to feed its hunger.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast