Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the "World of Dawn of the Dragons" Forum

When it comes to characters and story events, the in-game text reveals everything I want to reveal at this point.

I have a question but if it's a spoiler don't answer it please. On the top of the forums there is a black dragon with blue eyes being embraced by a woman. Is this Erebus? Who is she? What is their story? Again if you have plans to release it in game or you already have no spoilers ha Thanks Cleomedes

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Boy View Post
    I have a question but if it's a spoiler don't answer it please. On the top of the forums there is a black dragon with blue eyes being embraced by a woman. Is this Erebus? Who is she? What is their story? Again if you have plans to release it in game or you already have no spoilers ha Thanks Cleomedes
    That's just a pic Jeff (our lead artist and art director) came up with when he was designing possible loading screens.

aw. Slightly disappointed ha. But that's cool too. Does that go for the homepage artwork with the man and erebus as well?

World Mender
    "Possible .. screens." that means more than 1? Why not change it? or show the different types and let us purchase/change it as well. I would be interested to know what other possibilities there are/were.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleomedes View Post
    That's just a pic Jeff (our lead artist and art director) came up with when he was designing possible loading screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Boy View Post
    aw. Slightly disappointed ha. But that's cool too. Does that go for the homepage artwork with the man and erebus as well?
    Spoiler related (for content already in the game).

Quote Originally Posted by Tarstark View Post
    "Possible .. screens." that means more than 1? Why not change it? or show the different types and let us purchase/change it as well. I would be interested to know what other possibilities there are/were.
    At one point we talked about having multiple loading screens which would be toggled between at random, but the tech isn't in place for that.

Not sure if this will be implemented at some point down the line.

on a related note to this topic I submitted some 'story works' of my own in suggestions I know tey are not perfect and have, sometimes major, flaws relating to your current story lines but they are interesting at least to read

Sister of Radiance Marcus Rynund's Avatar
    I know this is a super late question to ask: but is there any story at all for the various Honor raids? Or Tainted Erebus? I know you said that the world raids don't tie into the story line, but they usually have some sort of story to accompany them. If there's a place where that's already posted, then I'll greatly appreciate a link! Thanks for all the awesome writing, and I look forward to a Zone 10 or whatever's next!
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    Don't troll, don't flame, don't stir up ****, you will be fine.
    - Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Rynund View Post
    I know this is a super late question to ask: but is there any story at all for the various Honor raids? Or Tainted Erebus?
    Only what's in the Rallying Cry text. Or on the essence tool-tip in the case of Tainted Erebus.

"...the game in general seems to have a wanton disregard for human life."
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

Sister of Radiance Marcus Rynund's Avatar
    Thanks! I had no idea there was even tool-tip text for a few of the essences. Now to make a list of raids to join and RC so I can read them all, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felendis View Post
    Don't troll, don't flame, don't stir up ****, you will be fine.
    - Words to live by.

When are there going to be any more additions to this area because so far, it seems to have been forgotten? I hope that there will be some additions to this area soon.

Quote Originally Posted by idea bulb View Post
    When are there going to be any more additions to this area because so far, it seems to have been forgotten? I hope that there will be some additions to this area soon.
    Sorry, I don't currently have any plans to write more content for this section.

These days working on our games keeps me a lot busier than it did back when this sub-forum was created. Plus I have more opportunities to tell stories within the games themselves (longer quest text, more sets etc.), which has always been my preference.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fAThousandSuns (Warning: There are Suns story spoilers on that page.)

I apologize for the needless distraction. I know that every second you spend talking to us is a second less you have to work on your games yet why aren't you more active on the wiki for your games?

I apologize for the needless distraction. I know that every second you spend talking to us is a second less you have to work on your games yet why aren't you more active on the wiki for your games?
    We don't have official wikis for the games. The ones which exist are made and filled out by dedicated members of the player base.

I must ask, has this entire area been abandoned and if so, what shall it's new use be?

I must ask, has this entire area been abandoned and if so, what shall it's new use be?
    This area likely won't be used again.

Back when Dawn was our only game, it was easy to add a story extract every so often. Now that I'm working on four games, time is in much shorter supply.

Plus I have a strong preference for telling stories inside the games rather than outside them. Originally Dawn only had a small amount of space for story text (which is why Zones 1 to 6 are so short in terms of word count) - whereas now it's essentially unlimited. So, I can unload longer storytelling there instead. And we also have a lot more sets, which enables me to tell stories across their lore blurbs instead.

So again I ask, what shall this area be used for now? I am not a fan of wasted space and this area, if unused, is a huge amount of wasted space. Shall there be a repurposing of this area or shall it be removed completely?

If we removed this sub-forum, people who might want to read the content here wouldn't be able to.

So, it will probably just remain as it is.

Ok then but how about we change it's purpose to it storing all fan created content or storyline that you have no intention of placing in game, would that be a good use for this area?

Ok then but how about we change it's purpose to it storing all fan created content or storyline that you have no intention of placing in game, would that be a good use for this area?
    I only want official content in this section - things that are actually part of the setting and its lore.

If players enjoy writing stories and the like, that's great. But I wouldn't put that material here, since it's not canon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast