Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the "World of Dawn of the Dragons" Forum

Introducing the "World of Dawn of the Dragons" Forum

As you’ve been playing Dawn of the Dragons, perhaps some of you have yearned to know a little more about the world and its inhabitants. Who exactly was the Red Prince? What’s an oroc? What did Roland get up to before he retired?

On this forum we hope to answer some of those questions, and give you all the opportunity to learn a little more about the vibrant world in which the game is set.

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Felendis's Avatar
    I yearn I yearn!

What are we waiting for......?
    All are welcome to join us - We are an active group that help and rely on each other - Click Here to go to Guild Page - DotD rocks!!

My hobbies include reading and studying. I started reading Roland's story. I loved it. I'll be sticking around this part of the forums.

I don't know .. I just pressing the buttons and the rank goes up
    "Sometimes when we point out to the moon, people just examine our fingers"
    ---Confucius

Sister of Radiance
    I thought there's going to be a WoDoTD mmorpg =X

Yay storytime!
    Darkness Devours,Light Shines,Earth Rages,Wind Howls,Lighting Roars,Water Cries,Fire Burns, Ice Freezes

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Sigune's Avatar
    YES
    ...I mean... I did not just dance.

WoDotD is fun to pronounce.

Sister of Radiance
    First it starts with WoDotD, then they make comic books, novels, an mmorpg, movies, t-shirts, a game for the 360, collectables (real ones!), and... nah, we just wish that stuff existed.

Silver Arrow
    Well since this is a thread to learn more about the world... What exactly is a ooroc? How many of the races of dragons do you acknowledge? And how do the world raids tie into the story of the game?

World Mender
    All i know is the oroc one., they came into being when orcs bred with earth elementals.., no idea if it mattered which one was the paternal or maternal on that one..

Quote Originally Posted by garebear View Post
    Well since this is a thread to learn more about the world... What exactly is a ooroc? How many of the races of dragons do you acknowledge? And how do the world raids tie into the story of the game?

Silver Arrow
    All i know is the oroc one., they came into being when orcs bred with earth elementals.., no idea if it mattered which one was the paternal or maternal on that one..
    Well that just brings up more questions! Would the "creation" come from a earth elemental taking on a humanoid form, like when you end up with a half-dragon or half-fiend? Or would the earth elemental stay in its natural form and do the "buttering of the bread"? What would happen if an oroc was born in a human village instead of a oroc village?

Quote Originally Posted by garebear View Post
    What exactly is a ooroc?
    As noted above, orocs were originally created when orcs bred with earth elementals - the latter's magical nature compensating for the differences in their physiognomy.

How many of the races of dragons do you acknowledge?
    Only one.

And how do the world raids tie into the story of the game?
    They don't tie into the quest storyline. They just tie into the broader setting.

Hey Cleomedes, are you going to be releasing chunks of story like you did for Roland's story, or are you simply answering questions like you did for garebear? 'cause if you're only answering questions ha I'm gonna start firing away :P but I can wait if you're currently writing up some more awesome material.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Boy View Post
    Hey Cleomedes, are you going to be releasing chunks of story like you did for Roland's story, or are you simply answering questions like you did for garebear? 'cause if you're only answering questions ha I'm gonna start firing away :P but I can wait if you're currently writing up some more awesome material.
    I'm not planning on writing any more forum stories. These days working on all of our games keeps me much too busy for that. Plus I now have more space to put story content within the games themselves (e.g. because quest text is displayed in a window with a scroll bar rather than on a tool-tip, and we have a lot more sets).

You can ask questions if you like, though in some cases they might be things I haven't established yet (for the most part I just create lore as needed - I don't write up backstory / history stuff in advance, since there isn't really time for that).

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    But I've been waiting like a year for an update on the Adventures of Roland and the Legend of Terracles!

My member number is superior to yours.

I may have missed something but where are the orcs?
    Ive seen goblins, kobolds ( i think ), and beastmen but no mention of orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefSupreme View Post
    They've been mentioned in a few lore blurbs, but they haven't made an appearance yet.

Players who play Clash as well will have fought them.

@Cleomedes I have a couple questions that maybe you could possibly answer. Ill post them in a list and you can answer likewise please.

1. Who is faustus the wizard, how did he join the war effort, and what is his role specifically?

2. This ties into both dotd and lots but how is it that both heroes manage to meet each other in the dream/psychic realm and manage to learn yet forget so easily about each other?

3. my last for now is how did Mathias the Masterer, Fontella D'Tang, and claudia bloodwyn get brought into the story, how they fit into the world and plot, and how was it decided they would be super strong?

World Mender
    @Beef, don`t forget the severely dis-proportioned women from the comic books who make an appearance in LoTs as well..oh, and trolls..
    I am also still waiting on an appearance from fraggles(i kind of kid) or smurfs(no seriously, where are they) myself.

"yet", sweeettttt

@pandora. woots! spoilers, sweet! thank you so much for that, if only you had done something to prevent people from not reading what perhaps they wanted to work their way up to, yay! always love a good spoiler..
    As far as the premiums, the same way as any other general/troop,. the text gives the backstory, probably there because they have to..

Quote Originally Posted by BeefSupreme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleomedes View Post
    They've been mentioned in a few lore blurbs, but they haven't made an appearance yet.

Players who play Clash as well will have fought them.
    Quote Originally Posted by pandora's guardian View Post
    @Cleomedes I have a couple questions that maybe you could possibly answer. Ill post them in a list and you can answer likewise please.

1. Who is faustus the wizard, how did he join the war effort, and what is his role specifically?

2. This ties into both dotd and lots but how is it that both heroes manage to meet each other in the dream/psychic realm and manage to learn yet forget so easily about each other?

3. my last for now is how did Mathias the Masterer, Fontella D'Tang, and claudia bloodwyn get brought into the story, how they fit into the world and plot, and how was it decided they would be super strong?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast