Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: WR and ER on-hit drops affected by player Perception

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

Lightbulb WR and ER on-hit drops affected by player Perception

<p>
    The recent Cantankus WR has given me some trouble, but not with hitting MT. Instead me and many players I&#39;ve been speaking with have had trouble getting enough of the troops for the equipment. The addition of some troops in the Community Tiers was very helpful but many higher level players have to drop quadrillions of dmg to get more than 1 or 2 pieces of equipment.</p>
    <p>
    I was thinking that boosts to the drop rate of the troops would give another reason to invest in perception, limit the amount of overhitting needed to complete these sets, and ultimatly help newer players to also complete older sets faster.</p>
    <p>
    I was thinking maybe an additional 1% drop chance for every 100k perc up to 1 mil for a total of 10% boost making it 50% on a 20 hit. Then an addition .5% for every 250k perception, making someone at 10mil perc have 28% boost from perc or around 68% drop chance for the Demigods in the game.</p>
    <p>
    As only an immortal myself, the grind those highher levels have to put up with sounds awful. This boost would allow them to do only 10 to 20 times MT to get the sets or loot from the on-hit drops. It would take alot of time for new and lower level players to get these boosts but Centy mathed out the original Cantankus&#39; MT to on-hit ratio came to the conclussion that just hitting mt would only get you enough troops if you did just over 1billion damage per hit (the amount of health Dragon Lairs have). That is just ridiculous at this point.</p>
    <p>
    I would appreciate any comments and concerns; as well as any addition to make this idea viable.</p>
    Last edited by Cliron; 13th January 2019 at 00:15. Reason: Math for the on-hits were incorrect.
    Guild Leader of Kronos 1

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    chance is 40% on 20-hit i belive, so you need to correct all those numbers.

but what matters, if someone has to overhit WR 20 times now, raising the chance to 60% or even 70% wont change much.
    it would be better to add bonus drops. say, one per million perc... up to ten, then it could slow down.
    (may be more during the first million)

but much better is just not to rely on on-hit, and include al, or almost all required stuff in some kind of end loot.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    <p>
    Boosting the drop chance would halve the amount needed to overhit for those players in the middle. However, I agree that guaranteed drops of the on hits would be much better, like how many of the other WRs and ERs do contain those drops in the Community tiers. I have little hope for abolishing them in general though as that is one of the primary ways that 5pg can slow power creep a little, as a sink where powerful players dump their resources with less sp returns than the other raids available.</p>
    Guild Leader of Kronos 1