Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patch Notes: September 14th, 2018

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    I think two haste necks is worth gambling on when it comes to the chests.
    Only if you didn't get the first Dragon one. Otherwise its a waste getting the 2nd
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Dear devs please fix your idiotic random, because 5 purple coins from 5 chest is ridiculous...

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by orc View Post
    Dear devs please fix your idiotic random, because 5 purple coins from 5 chest is ridiculous...
    we have said for years that they need to have a 2 purple to 1 orange and 2 orange to 1 purple crafts. or just a 2 purples to 1 orange/purple chest craft if nothing else.

but the said part is it isn't idiotic but somewhat design. its actually not that rare to get 5 purple out of 5 chests. is just around a 3% chance actually. bad luck yes, but a result a few players should be expected to get.

they know some players will have horrible luck and expect to earn a bit of extra coin from it.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Is the Celestial Dawn Pendant recraft meant to give Purified Spirits instead of Celestial Dawn Soldiers? Oversight? Doesn't make sense thematically...
    in saucy day and in noodly night, let flavor erupt from every bite
    to dance and jive, all hot and sweaty, taste the power of mom's spaghetti

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I wonder if they'll earn more with the current model, or if each coin can be bought separately, leading to more people potentially being tempted to buy them.

That being said, I'm not complaining, three new necks is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by orc View Post
    I just got 14 ORANGE with ABOUT 15 CHESTS

Quote Originally Posted by nichodemus View Post
    I wonder if they'll earn more with the current model, or if each coin can be bought separately, leading to more people potentially being tempted to buy them.

That being said, I'm not complaining, three new necks is fine by me.
    well considering how many spenders we know of that have left the game over the *gambles* screwing them.... you know people that dropped $100+ on the game trying to get one single thing and were unable to get it from some random part of the game being open ended and then quit.

the devs must think open ended gambles that can screw players with bad luck are a good thing to them at least.

and at this point in the game's life cycle they are probably right. long run they have traded some spikes in income up front with a shorter life span of the game probably as a result of this strategy, but the game was never meant to run for ever to begin with.

curious, we have lots of units that boost all troops by X amount. is there any chance we could have a sort option to bring them to the top?

you are using this as a sweetener to get players to buy some of the fancier troops obviously now. and yes it works. but we do need a way to pull out the ones that do this if its going to be come a common thing.

is several that give small legion boosts now as well, that likewise there should be a way to bring them to the top of the list. sometimes a 1500/1500 general could be worth more than a 2000/2000 general if the weaker one also has a 5% legion boost for example. just a sort by size of legion boost should be doable.

Sister of Radiance Achievements's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Could you please merge the huge amount of haste necks together? It's getting boring to constantly need to change it and that way we could cover more types and some people will probably spend their stuff to get the final ones missing!

Recipe 1: Aquatic Haste Neck + Abyssal + Terror + Qwiladrian + Underground = 5 in 1 "Under the Surface" Haste Neck
    Recipe 2: Beastman Haste Neck + Beast + Draconic + Insect + Giant = 5 in 1 "Monster Slayer" Haste Neck
    Recipe 3: Human Haste Neck + Siege + Construct + Black Hand + War = 5 in 1 "Mortal Scum" Haste Neck
    Recipe 4: Nightmare Queen Haste Neck + Undead + Demon + Magical Creature + Shadow Elf = 5 in 1 "Darkness Banisher" Haste Neck
    Recipe 5: Plant + Winter + Festival + Collosseum + Elite = 5 in 1 "Seasons of Fighters" Haste Neck

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Achievements View Post
    Could you please merge the huge amount of haste necks together? It's getting boring to constantly need to change it and that way we could cover more types and some people will probably spend their stuff to get the final ones missing!

Recipe 1: Aquatic Haste Neck + Abyssal + Terror + Qwiladrian + Underground = 5 in 1 "Under the Surface" Haste Neck
    Recipe 2: Beastman Haste Neck + Beast + Draconic + Insect + Giant = 5 in 1 "Monster Slayer" Haste Neck
    Recipe 3: Human Haste Neck + Siege + Construct + Black Hand + War = 5 in 1 "Mortal Scum" Haste Neck
    Recipe 4: Nightmare Queen Haste Neck + Undead + Demon + Magical Creature + Shadow Elf = 5 in 1 "Darkness Banisher" Haste Neck
    Recipe 5: Plant + Winter + Festival + Collosseum + Elite = 5 in 1 "Seasons of Fighters" Haste Neck
    please NO!!
    people use 2 haste necks at a time.... if you have them set up in your legions and in your gear sets its no different to changing your gear or legion for each raid type you hit.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

much better would just be to add the necks to the drop down menus where you change your equipment.

or maybe make a "necklace case" were we can place 4 or 5 of the necks into and just be able to quick change between them on the buff display with the legions and equipment slots. this to avoid over head of loading and displaying the entire neck list when bring up this list. not to mention would be a way to keep the ones you active switch between at the top of the list and not having to search for them.

lets be honest we change necks far more often than we change gear sets themselves. so it would make sense to have a quick change option just for them in addition to the quick change for the gear sets.

and many of us want to have 2 haste necks up at a time.

not to mention, a few of the haste necks are not trivial to obtain and/or are only from events. just consider omars collar and the headaches there being a craft for it would possibly create.

Disciple of the Traveller Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Could you please merge the huge amount of haste necks together? It's getting boring to constantly need to change it
    Why do you need to change it?

As snowstar mentioned, I have them as part of the gear set. Any time I switch gear sets, the neck is changed with it. No need to do it individually each time. Furthermore, most of the haste necks also have a specialized legion as well, so if you have 2 haste necks, the one for the legion should be put with the specialized legion.

The only time I could see this being an issue is if you have a generic legion you use instead of specialized ones and you keep switching the neck in and out of that one legion. But I think that's not the common case for most players who have both a need to use the necks and actually have the necks as well.

I'm with Insurgi and snowstar in that I don't see any real need for this.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Night Blade
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Just use Beast Whistle on all your legions and then set up ones for gear sets. Pretty much all of my gear sets are the same with just a different neck.

seriously mouse, why in hell does there have to be a chance to not get gauntlet strikes in the dialy assignments? got 3 daily tokens for them to day. granted the retry did come up strikes. but basically means 40 less strikes for the next go around.

I get that the code might require two items in the list, but with some other things you have shown before that both items can be the same items. or worst case make it 20 strikes and 19 or 21 strikes as the alternate item.

it really just seems like a weird random punishment for players the way this is done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12