Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes: August 31st, 2018

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

Patch Notes: August 31st, 2018

Features

New Item Pack Update
    The New Item Pack has been updated with the Dune Stalker set! Put Elite raids in their place with this desert and venom themed set.
    Tier 1 Type
    Dune Tears Magic
    Azir Sandstorm General
    Dune Stalkers Legion
    Tier 2 Type
    Dune Stalker’s Sandbarb Mount
    Dune Stalker's Venomlash Main Hand
    Dune Stalker's Deathbite Off Hand
    Dune Stalker's Cover Helmet
    Tier 3 Type
    Dune Stalker's Chest Chest
    Dune Stalker's Gloves Gloves
    Dune Stalker's Pants Pants
    Dune Stalker's Boots Boots
    Tier 4 Type
    Dune Stalker's Band Ring
    Dune Amalgamation Troop

Mystery Pack Update
    The contents of the Mystery Pack have been updated!
    Tier 1 Type
    Enigmatic Enigma Consumable
    Violet Storm Magic
    Assassin's Delight Magic
    Insanity Laughs Magic
    Rage of the Twilight Magic
    Master of Monsters Magic
    Stanzas of Slaughter Magic
    Tier 2 Type
    Mysterious Mystery Consumable
    Blood Moon Magic
    Fearless Advance Magic
    Boil Magic
    Shadowstep Magic
    Mark of the Raven's Wing Magic
    Dragon's Breath Magic
    Tier 3 Type
    Squire x2 Troop
    Guardian Angel x2 Troop
    Exorcist x2 Troop
    Interrogator x2 Troop
    Rune Merchant x2 Troop
    Sleepwalker x2 Troop
    Red Company Player x2 Troop
    Tier 4 Type
    Gauntlet Rookie x2 Troop
    Gauntlet Veteran x2 Troop
    Blast Furnace x2 Troop
    Wee Warrior x2 Troop
    Centaur Lancer x2 Troop
    Battle Mage x2 Troop
    Knight of the Sunken Throne x2 Troop

Limited Offers!
    Following the weekly Limited Offer rotation, the following are 20% off until September 7th, 2018.

Ancient Feud Gloves (Gloves)
    Kobolds have certainly plagued West and East Kruna almost as much as beastmen have, but since the end of the Dragon War they seem to have retreated into their dens, biding their time for a future uprising no doubt.
    Attack: 6,550
    Defense: 4,500
    Ancestral Bloodbath:
    • 10% chance to deal 25% damage against Beastman raids; Extra 5% damage against Beastman raids for each unique piece of Ancient Feud set owned; Increases Player's Health by 5,000; Increases critical hit chance against Beastman raids by 2%; Set 7: Increases critical hit chance by 2%

Ancient Feud Leggings (Pants)
    Though they were soundly defeated during the Dragon War and many other legendary battles, beastmen still thrive on the idea that their rule should be uncontested and their strength unmatched. While it is true their bestial fury is unique among their kind, strong Krunan steel and potent spells of old seem to send them scurrying back to the shadows.
    Attack: 6,550
    Defense: 4,500
    Ancestral Bloodbath:
    • 10% chance to deal 25% damage against Beastman raids; Extra 5% damage against Beastman raids for each unique piece of Ancient Feud set owned; Increases Player's Health by 5,000; Increases critical hit chance against Beastman raids by 2%; Set 7: Increases critical hit chance by 2%

Deadly Bloodmane
    Acquired from the Wizard's Tower within the Citadel.
    Name Size Race Max Players Magics Timer Cooldown Raid Health Stat Swap Loot
    Deadly Bloodmane Small Deadly, Beastman 120 4 96 160 HP: 30q Attack x5 Common: Stats
    Defense x4 Uncommon: Brown Severed Beastman's Spine, Grey Severed Beastman's Spine, Green Severed Beastman's Spine, Blue Severed Beastman's Spine, Purple Severed Beastman's Spine, Orange Severed Beastman's Spine
    Health x4

Deadly Reaper Mantis
    Acquired via crafting.
    Name Size Race Max Players Magics Timer Cooldown Raid Health Stat Swap Loot
    Deadly Reaper Mantis Epic Deadly, Insect 270 6 96 160 HP: 40q Attack x5 Common: Stats
    Defense x4 Uncommon: Brown Chitinous Leg, Grey Chitinous Leg, Green Chitinous Leg, Blue Chitinous Leg, Purple Chitinous Leg, Orange Chitinous Leg
    Perception x5

Events

Event Raid: Engines of War!
    This is a 24 hour, timed event which will be summoned on twice on Tuesday, September 4th and Wednesday September 5th.
    This raid is categorized as Colossal, Siege.
    • Common Loot: Brown Torn Cloak Scrap, Grey Torn Cloak Scrap, Brown Dragon-Rider Chronicle, Grey Dragon-Rider Chronicle, Brown Cape Scrap, Grey Cape Scrap
    • Uncommon Loot: Green Torn Cloak Scrap, Blue Torn Cloak Scrap, Green Dragon-Rider Chronicle, Blue Dragon-Rider Chronicle, Green Cape Scrap, Blue Cape Scrap
    • Rare Loot: Purple Torn Cloak Scrap, Purple Dragon-Rider Chronicle, Purple Cape Scrap, Launched Golem
    • Epic Loot: Orange Torn Cloak Scrap, Orange Dragon-Rider Chronicle, Orange Cape Scrap, Launched Golem
    • This raid also contains guaranteed drops as you make your way up the Loot Tiers.

All That Glitters
    This is a 24 hour, timed event which will be summoned on twice on Tuesday, September 4th and Wednesday September 5th.
    All That Glitters is categorized as Colossal, Dragon.
    • Common Loot: Brown Dragon's Tooth, Grey Dragon's Tooth
    • Uncommon Loot: Green Dragon's Tooth, Blue Dragon's Tooth
    • Rare Loot: Purple Dragon's Tooth, Orange Dragon's Tooth
    • This raid also contains guaranteed drops as you make your way up the loot tiers.

Fixes, Known Issues, and Updates
    • Update - Significant backend changes will be rolled out over the coming weeks. Today we've focused our backend changes on Kongregate specifically. This should fix some serious performance and stability problems that have come up recently.
    • Update - The bulk of the Dawn team will be off Monday, September 3rd so the Event Tiles have been updated to reflect new summon dates for Engines of War and All that Glitters (now summoned the 4th instead of the 3rd)

Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Insert your favorite thing]
    I liked it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Maybe we could: [Tell us if you want us to bring this event back, if you think we can do the same thing a new way, etc]

This week I didn't care for: [Insert what you didn't like]
    I didn't like it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Instead, let's: [Tell us how we can improve something like this in the future]

Sister of Radiance Achievements's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Could you please think about introducing a 1000 stam/ene/hon button for ERs/WRs?

Disciple of the Traveller Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    If the new NIP is strong against Elite raids, why did you give us 2 new Deadly raids instead?

Just curious.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    All That Glitters
    This is a 24 hour, timed event, timed event...
    Are we in the military now, doing double time marches?
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    If the new NIP is strong against Elite raids, why did you give us 2 new Deadly raids instead?

Just curious.
    Perhaps SotG will explain more. September will be Demon and Elite month maybe?
    Began DotD June 6th, 2013

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Deadly Bloodmane, where is Deadly Ataxis?

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    i know ya'll ain't gon' make us wait until tuesday for SotG! pump that **** out chop chop

Glad to see the ridiculous CD timers for the new deadly have been reduced. We'll see if the sps rewards are worthy of 160 hour cool down and at least comparable in magnitude to the recent massive non-deadly raids that have been released.. if not, this will be complete waste of another 2 deadly raids (again).

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Entire NIP that is only usable on Elites...? I say this even knowing the fact the set has 2% crit like many other crit sets, but only Elite? Seriously? When has an Elite raid been so hard that standard crit gear didn't do that job?

Overall, meh patch. Kinda sad we have an MP with 2 rows of troops that is focused on magic. Yes, even with the PC-Gaining potential... Maybe leave magic Packs in the Relic Packs?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Im glad that the game is still open, now you are adding new sets nip, and bazar ones that are really unuseful, the sets are almost made to hit just 1 raid.
    we have had problems with the servers down for like 2h or more and the staff did not say anything so annoying.....
    no compensation no explication, that is what nice job...

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    If a new Elite raid was released with reasonable health, it would essentially just be a Deadly raid for which 5PG wanted to screw players out of AP. I hope we never see another new Elite raid.

The question might be why bother releasing a set strong against Elite raids.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Pretty crappy new magic in the NIP. Oh, it will be wonderful against Elite raids, but total garbage against anything else. I suppose that's fair since the entire set fits that description.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    The Bad: Two weak ERs this week, a similarly weak repeat quest event announced for next week

The Good: I guess that means they're REALLY busy with the back-end improvements. That's of course worth a few weeks of unexciting content - after all, what good does an exciting event do us if we can't log in or hit.

The Ugly: An essence to keep the Wizard tower busy for 15 days (most backlogged building gets another long craft), another to take 33+ days' worth of daily tokens hot on the heels of a big daily token eating update and then a 25+ day troop (yeah, hoarders will be happy). Still nothing to use the masses of Sergeant and Officer manuals, Steels, Fodders and Leathers on. Now those would have been some good materials for these two raids!

The Beautiful but pointless: I really wish I could get that sweet Dune Stalker art on a set worth buying. One of the most beautiful sets ever made, with one of the worst value for money propositions.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I'm really surprised they released another Elite set, they're not necessary and I can't believe they sell much of them. Elite's just aren't that hard to kill, so powerful gear is not needed and a waste of pc.

I'm also surprised to see Deadly Reaper Mantis considering there's already the Elite Reaper. First time doing an elite and deadly for the same monster, seems weird. And no haste necks so not going to be as popular as the other deadlies.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalain View Post
    The Bad: Two weak ERs this week, a similarly weak repeat quest event announced for next week

The Good: I guess that means they're REALLY busy with the back-end improvements. That's of course worth a few weeks of unexciting content - after all, what good does an exciting event do us if we can't log in or hit.

The Ugly: An essence to keep the Wizard tower busy for 15 days (most backlogged building gets another long craft), another to take 33+ days' worth of daily tokens hot on the heels of a big daily token eating update and then a 25+ day troop (yeah, hoarders will be happy). Still nothing to use the masses of Sergeant and Officer manuals, Steels, Fodders and Leathers on. Now those would have been some good materials for these two raids!

The Beautiful but pointless: I really wish I could get that sweet Dune Stalker art on a set worth buying. One of the most beautiful sets ever made, with one of the worst value for money propositions.
    To The Bad: I mean... Gold Event Raids doe.

To The Good: Fixing lag and other horrid things in the game would be very nice.

To The Ugly: As a player who has all of Wizard [Save for Magics] finished, all I see is another large amount of wasted time since my Arcane Jewels are still low in supply. However, I do understand the pain for any remotely new players. Wizard Tower is horrid. Along with this, the grind for Daily Tokens has now become another form of Wizard Tower. A painful grind that will most likely get another long and painful one. Would rather see the Citadel Crafts used once again so I can stop having over 400 of them [Please no 200 per crafts doe]

To The Beautiful, but still pointless: I will admit, the Dune Stalker set is rather stunning. Would love for them to make a cosplay set of sorts. A set based on the current NIP or Bazaar set. Sure, they would have to find a way to make it annoying to get, but just for the visuals I would love it. Dune Stalker would most likely make it onto my Vanity.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHunter View Post
    I'm really surprised they released another Elite set, they're not necessary and I can't believe they sell much of them. Elite's just aren't that hard to kill, so powerful gear is not needed and a waste of pc.

I'm also surprised to see Deadly Reaper Mantis considering there's already the Elite Reaper. First time doing an elite and deadly for the same monster, seems weird. And no haste necks so not going to be as popular as the other deadlies.
    They know that Elite Sets are a waste of time if they cost PC, but that won't stop them. Chance at money is a chance at money. If anything, this set was made to look rather divine just to use the appearance as a selling point.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    About the new Elite set, since Elite raids give no AP, Elite set is NOT in the buying schedule! So simple!
    I don't owe you my money, you'll have to convince me, to entice me, to woo me to get it! Got it?
    (Corrected!)
    And you have to end Capital Controls in Greece!
    (Updated!)

Near Wild Things Beset on all side by human infecting the world as we know it.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    My favorite thing is the deadly raids, more raids more ap. Hopefully the sp is good for them and nice to see some variety for the other types.
    Maybe we could get some smaller raids out of quest events for lower levels and more to do.

This week I am not interested in the New Item Pack. Still work on ap and really still do not hit elites, shrug. I do realize you try to appeal to others but I would like to see more combination gear. For instance the beast, beastman was a good combo and seemed very worthwhile.
    Thanks for all you do.. Cantrip.

I thonk if NIP is Deadly tag boost instead of Elite, it will be much more interesting for people and make sense why they release 2 deadly today. Really not a fan of it and pretty pointless NIP.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    no compensation no explication, that is what nice job...
    Lmao imagine asking for compensation for a little delay...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast