Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: Bring Back Limited-Time Consumables

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    World Server

Lightbulb Bring Back Limited-Time Consumables

So I noticed that there is one achievement in the game that is pretty simple to get maxed, but it quickly came to my mind that a majority of things needed to boost the number of the achievement are more often than not locked behind a PC wall.

Be Prepared's Red level is set to 400 consumables and, currently, there are 462 consumables in the game. So you are saved of 62 consumables in the game to collect which helps make it a bit more simple in the long run, however I have looked over all consumables in the game and noticed a shockingly large amount of these are actually never going to return. At least in the sense that there is little to no reason to since no prem is boosted by consumables. [Yet ]

I may have counted a few that appear, rarely, in Misery Packs, but I would say roughly 130 [Give or take a few] consumables are never going to return. I believe 25~30 of these are related to old Dawni sets, up to Crystal Dawn. The issue with all these missing ones is the fact that it is technically impossible to obtain Red AP for Be Prepared due to how more than 62 consumables are missing. Now, this may not be an issue for the Day 1 players, but for new players or the World Server, this is a major issue... At least for people who like their badges red.

Do you think we could, at some point, get a chest in the bazaar that costs gold [Please not PC] which contains some, if not all of these consumables that were locked to very specific events such as Death Candy or the Winter Chests from 2011?
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    So I noticed that there is one achievement in the game that is pretty simple to get maxed, but it quickly came to my mind that a majority of things needed to boost the number of the achievement are more often than not locked behind a PC wall.

Be Prepared's Red level is set to 400 consumables and, currently, there are 462 consumables in the game. So you are saved of 62 consumables in the game to collect which helps make it a bit more simple in the long run, however I have looked over all consumables in the game and noticed a shockingly large amount of these are actually never going to return. At least in the sense that there is little to no reason to since no prem is boosted by consumables. [Yet ]

I may have counted a few that appear, rarely, in Misery Packs, but I would say roughly 130 [Give or take a few] consumables are never going to return. I believe 25~30 of these are related to old Dawni sets, up to Crystal Dawn. The issue with all these missing ones is the fact that it is technically impossible to obtain Red AP for Be Prepared due to how more than 62 consumables are missing. Now, this may not be an issue for the Day 1 players, but for new players or the World Server, this is a major issue... At least for people who like their badges red.

Do you think we could, at some point, get a chest in the bazaar that costs gold [Please not PC] which contains some, if not all of these consumables that were locked to very specific events such as Death Candy or the Winter Chests from 2011?

while do generally agree that they should bring back older items more frequently, you do realize going forward there will be more *new* consumables created with an almost certainity. the game is around 400 weeks old, so that means that they are averaging more than 1 new consumable per week.

so as long as the game maintains its must have a new shinny every week update stand, its just a matter of time until you would get enough consumables.

there are far worse issues of badges that literally can't be done, like the ones for adventures, to worry about.

actually the troop one wasn't even possible to get to red until sometime after the last anniversary (7th). and think how much fun it can be to get some of the old troops. as long as they are adding more of what counts for that badge its not really that bad.

but yeah still not saying it a bad idea to bring things back more regular as well.

Disciple of the Traveller Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    there are far worse issues of badges that literally can't be done, like the ones for adventures, to worry about.
    To add to several Adventure related badges, there's also the Festival Dummy which nobody is even close to red on, nor will be for years to come. Better still is the Skirmish PvP badges, which if you don't already have them you won't EVER get them. At least the Festival Dummy and Consumables badges keep growing, albeit slowly.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!