Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Game: January 2018

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

State of the Game: January 2018

Introduction
    Greetings and welcome to the first State of the Game post of 2018! Today we’ll take a look back at 2017 while looking ahead to what’s to come in 2018.

Without further delay, let’s get to it.

2017: Year In Review
    Early in 2017 West Kruna was besieged by a seemingly ordinary foe as members of the Black Hand Bandits grew bolder with their raiding and pillaging. But our heroes would not be so easily duped and through strength of arms and stout hearts you prevailed against what would be the vanguard of the Shadow Elf invasion. Though the Black Hand Bandits are not truly slain, their forces are scattered to the winds. For now.

The Black Hand Bandit event started with a series of new Event and regular Raids and a War event which culminated with the Captain Gnarlhorn World Raid. And while many Shadow Elves have met West Krunans upon the field of battle, quite a few have also been sympathetic to your plight and have pledged their swords and sorcery to your banners with the introduction of the Shadow Elf General and Troop race.

Players saw things beyond the sight of most mortals with Perception receiving a bit of a facelift early last year with updates adding over 6 new tiers, all new consumables and the V'rilk'thanosh The Watcher raid. This raid came with a plethora of new drops to collect, all of which had some thematic tie to the Perception stat.

2017 also introduced quite a few brand new Event and World raids including the bizarre Qwiladrian Cow… Abduction?, The Dark Smith, Black Hand Bandits, Shadow Behemoth, Helsyph the Gravewarden, Gloomfang, and Cantakus mixed in with many older raids throughout the year. A few older World/Event raids received some minor additions, but new raids was the bigger focus last year.

We saw the largest number of new zone releases that Dawn has had in a single year for quite some time. Featuring Shadows of the Past, a full zone and continuation of the main storyline, as well as Hymn of the Bell, a mini zone and continuation of the annual Halloween tradition, and the beginning of a new tradition for a December themed zone with Escape from Yeurfrost. We also changed how AP was handled for Shadows of the Past by providing credit regardless of the area the player completed.

Not to be outshone by its sister months, November forged its own traditions and followed the example of October and December with a new themed month! The Celebration of the Hunt officially started in 2017 with a focus on Beast raids and items that have synergy against such creatures. This included a new World Raid, Quest Event and a Treasure Hunt! Players banded together, collected and examined clues and quickly put together the necessary pieces needed to make the mighty Season’s Journey weapon.

Guilds are the centerpiece for many player’s experiences in Dawn. They’re social, active environments where knowledge is shared (alongside raids) and discussions are had. But they’re also a place filled with the drums of war and battle, and these sounds of combat could be heard throughout the year with the addition of three brand new campaigns: Black Hand Holdout, Covetous Cavern and Ironpeak Halls. In addition to fighting monstrous foes in these new Campaigns, players outfitted themselves with new items from the Guild shop including the continuation of the Raven lineage set.

The aroma of candied lizards and the sound of revelry filled the air as the Festival of Drifting Dreams once against visited and with it came many new items as well as the addition of the first new game in quite some time: The Sentient Training Dummy. The Festival was summoned twice in 2017, bringing the total number of summons since its release up to nine!

And of course Dawn of the Dragons celebrated its 7th anniversary. Each year we are humbled by your support, your passion and your dedication to this game, this world and this community. You’ve slain dragons, ridden countless beasts and been with us through many trials and tribulations. Dawn wouldn’t be here without your support and we absolutely cannot thank you enough for everything. We’re eager and delighted to be looking ahead to the 8th year of Dawn of the Dragons and we’re happy to have you with us.

While we raise a flagon in joy to the good things of 2017, let’s now look ahead to 2018 and talk about what’s to come.

January Events
    While many raids and events made a triumphant return in 2017, there were a number that haven’t seen a summon in a very long time. Sometimes this is because a raid is severely outdated and perhaps warrants additional design time before we feel it’s really ready to come back, sometimes it simply couldn't be fit into the schedule as it stood. Regardless of the reasoning, we have several raids lined up this month that haven’t seen the sheen of a player’s blade in far too long.

We’ll be kicking things off with the Orphan Drake World Raid, a much requested and beloved raid partly because it’s the origin of the ever chaotic Guster’s Fault magic. Orphan Dake returns this Friday, January 5th to kick off the new year.

Though many of their vile kind have been thrown back to the chittering shadows deep within the corners of Tor’gyyl, many gigantic insectoids have found that they much prefer West Kruna to their previous dwellings and have taken up a more permanent residence here. January will focus in part on the Insect race with the return of the Firebugs Event Raid and Metkulu, the Sixth Terror World Raid.

The Swarm quest event will return this month but will receive a number of changes, including an overall reduction in runtime. While this quest event originally ran through the entire month, we’ll be reducing it to 2 weeks for this run. We’re also investigating the zones the quest was active in. We haven’t settled on a final decision as of yet but the initial plan was to adjust their appearance and only allow them to appear from a select few zones.

And finally the Karaduchi Gauntlet will return once again! This Gauntlet features the unique troop, Tibius Sprightspring along with special rings and other rewards. As is usual with the Gauntlet’s return we’ll be looking to the Gauntlet shop for new additions and updates.

The Focus
    Whenever I get the opportunity to chat with players the question will inevitably arise: “What’s the team’s current focus? What are your plans?” Which can be a tricky question since our plans and focus changes frequently throughout development. But there are some things I think it’s worth touching on today that the team is working on.

Better World/Event Raid Updates
    One of the nice things about summoning an old World or Event raid is that they don’t need much from us to bring back and depending on the raid players are perfectly happy to just have it run again as it was. That said, some raids are extremely long in the tooth and warrant updates. Raids like Orphan Drake provide a lot of value as they are, but for raids such as Metkulu we’re trying to step back and look at ways to improve these raids so they have better value for the community as a whole. It’s unreasonable to update every single World Raid each time it returns, but we’d like to at least take some of the pre-2017 raids and give them an update.

Corrupted Erebus hasn’t been seen in a very long time and that’s something we mean to remedy this year, but the raid will require some tweaks to bring it into a more modern Dawn of the Dragons era.

Along those lines we’re also tracking raids and events that haven’t been seen in far too long with the purpose of getting them into the rotation this year where possible.

These are both ongoing goals and something we’ve taken steps towards improving last year but would like to redouble our efforts in 2018.

Raid Economy/Raids in General
    This is a big and complicated topic and something I want to manage expectations about upfront: this is ongoing and a lot isn’t set in stone as of right now, so please keep that in mind.

In general the Dawn raid economy is in a decent place, but some servers experience much larger draughts than others, and many raids simply have no value outside of AP at best. Raiding is the life blood of Dawn, it has a lot of important social ties and contributes to your character’s growth.

Last year we reduced a number of raid cooldowns with the intention of making raids more accessible, and while that has helped a great deal there’s still more to be done. This year we’re going to be taking a bigger look at raids in Dawn as a whole and revisiting some raids that simply aren’t getting summoned.

I don’t want to delve too deeply into details as many of those details are shifting a great deal, but this is a big focus for us as a team and something we’re absolutely going to be talking with the community and the council as we continue forward.

The end goal for us on this subject is to improve the number of raids available for players while also improving several raids along the way to make them more desirable. And yes, we are discussing the oft requested damage limiting systems that the community has brought up but have no details to offer just yet; be on the lookout for more on this in the near future.

More Guild Updates
    Guilds are a vital feature for Dawn and something that we have focused a lot of our efforts and resources into over the years. While we were delighted to get so many new Campaigns into your hands last year, among other updates, there’s still a lot more we’d like to do for Guilds. Including filling out the shop.

We want to take a closer look at the Guild system and see what improvements we can introduce while also simply adding more. More raids, more campaigns and then some. This year you can expect the Raven set to receive at least one new upgrade if not more along with more items in the shop and things to spend your Guild Tokens on.

More
    We’re always looking at many areas of the game and focusing on a variety of different topics. For example we’re always making changes and tweaks to encourage new players to join the game, to that end it’s not something we’re going to bring up every single month but it’s just something we’re always forging ahead with, and there are other topics we’re discussing or examining but may not be in a position to disclose many details just yet. So, while this list may lack something you were hoping was our “focus” just keep in mind that it very well may be on our longer list, but isn’t on our immediate list or we simply aren’t at a stage to discuss it more right now.

Stay tuned to future SoTGs as we continue to delve into what we’re focusing on as a team.

Closing
    2017 was a big year for Dawn and 5pg as a whole. A lot happened, far too much to write into the SoTG, and it has given us some mighty big shoes to fill in terms of expectations both for us and for the community. But as I finish writing this post my heart is filled with excitement as the prospect of upcoming content for Dawn and what the future holds.

I said earlier that none of this would be possible without your passion, and I just want to repeat that for emphasis. We’re here because of you and Dawn is here after 7 years because of your love for the world, the community and the game.

In a world where there are hundreds of thousands of distractions and games available at your fingertips, we’re honored and humbled that you continue to choose to spend any of your time here and are excited to continue to see Dawn grow and evolve as the year goes on.

I raise a mug of coffee (after picking some beard hairs from it) to you, to Dawn and to 2018. To memories gone by and those yet to be forged in this new year.

Until next time, adventurers.

Disciple of the Traveller Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Perc could use another update. And as I previously requested, it shouldn't just be Grey Infused. You should go ahead and give us Grey, Green, Blue, Purple and Orange Infused tiers. They can go significantly higher on the required Perc, but should also be more rewarding than the abysmal returns granted from Brown infused, especially the Tomes.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    ty for all the updates in 2017. It was a good year and felt better than 2016 (and probably 2015). I also enjoyed the latest legendary hunt; even though I never said so in this forum.

My only real wish goes in the same direction as Ahlyis: please overhaul perc questing or even questing in general. I understand that raiding is a more important aspect to keep the game going, but it just feels too unrewarding to spend any E on a quest once you got all unique items. I'd really fancy some unique or consumable perc items, that may help to reduce E cost of questing (maybe as a boost to abyss, which may also help to increase her sale ). With guster's fault, it's so easy to farm 2 15% atk boost, 10% atk boost, and 10% def boost, which can greatly reduce raiding costs. But no such thing exists for questing. Every IDS spends the same E as a newly born farmhand to progress. That just doesn't feel right as you have no sense of progression except the AP counter.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    2017 Was a fun progression year.

I agree with Anarcho & Ahlyis, a Perception update/overhaul would be a nice touch to the game this year. Higher perception tiers & far more rewarding consumables would be ideal.
    A possible WR return suggestion would be Blood in the water, I feel like a lot of people could benefit off the max tier from that raid, especially anyone new to the game from last year.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Just some quick suggestions and issues:

1) Tisi needs a 6 hour CD.

2) Doppelganger is still missing red AP.

3) For next festivals please add a loot table to vortex so we know exactly what we are missing.

4) Crafting needs a sort by uncrafted option so we can see any items we are missing or want to recraft.

5) You should rerun the original Kessov raid or add the loot from it to the new one. We haven't seen those honor banners in years and many people never had that consumable.
    Last edited by Kegfarms; 3rd January 2018 at 00:47.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegfarms View Post
    Just some quick suggestions and issues:

1) Tisi needs a 6 hour CD.

2) Doppelganger is still missing red AP.

3) For nextfestivals please add a loot table to vortex so we know exactly what we are missing.

4) Crafting needs a sort by uncrafted option so we can see any items we are missing or want to recraft.

5) You should rerun the original Kessov raid or add the loot from it to the new one. We haven't seen those honor banners in years and many people never had that consumable.
    +1 to all of these.

Tisi is one of the least common raids to be summoned.

But also: thanks to the devs for all the hard work!

Disciple of the Traveller
    some ways to make the less common raids more desirable.

one, add more AP rewards, not AP points though. keep the tiers where AP points are the same (not that would object to more, just not the point of my thought here). the gap from 500 to 1000 kill and then from 1000 kills to 5000 kills is often so long that players actively don't see it as something that is going to happen. I have literally dozens of raids from the first few zones that are still floating around in the 2K to 3K kill range, while I know there is an AP reward at 5K kills, it is just so far out that there is not point actively chasing it.

so why not add in some kind of reward/acknowledgement for every 100 kills between 500 to 1K and for every 200 or 250 kills between 1K and 5K. this again does not need to be actual AP points (the elites have well proves an AP tier can give no AP points.... still don't understand why they don't, but that another issue). this could be something as simple as a splash screen saying "we see you making progress", but ideally should be something of minor value. say for the ones between 500 to 1000, a "box" with random healing potions heavily weighted to the 5 or 10 point refills or perhaps just a stat point bag. for the ones between 1000 to 5000, you could include a chance to drop 2+ year old equipment items maybe in addition to the small healing potions or stat point bags. like maybe have it such that by the time you reach 5K kills on a raid you would have completed an old 5 item PC set (something that now is purely only of value for collection purposes).

really what these middle non AP point tiers gave could be just about anything. it more the point to keep a reachable goal in the players view, even if it the goal is just for a very minor reward as a stepping stone to one of more value.

[of course adding in a 10K kill AP point tier could help some of the older players, but realize that might screw with income streams some. also, there is no reason not to include some non AP point tiers past 5K kills for the older players to poke at so that there is no actual end to AP tiers that way, just a point where no more AP points are awarded]

two, you could create two new freemium troops(generals? probably too crowded in legions already though). one an "elite slayer" and the other a "deadly slayer". exactly names and lore you guys I am sure can have fun coming up with. but those two troops would gain power based off of how many AP badges of either elites or deadlies you have earned. say like each brown badge gives +5/5 to them, each grey ones could give +15/15, each green +30/30 and up the colors. each color badge giving a better boost of course. they could gain things other than stats from the badges as well. something like each green badge might give a 1% chance to proc twice instead of boosting the stats (could be an issue if there is ever over 100 elites/deadlies granted, but that some ways down the road yet I think). the more creative you are with what the badges do to boost the troops the better, the point just being make the badges be a direct boost to a players power if they are using the troop.

while it is easy to pull out the elites and deadlies this way, other classes of raids could also be pulled out in theory. could have a "beast slayer" or "aquatic slayer" that was tied to the badges for those raid tags. not sure how easily you can group raids on the back end, but is lots of ways can have fun with this and make something that could encourage the players to chase AP badges for off the beaten path raids.

and this could accomplish that without having to change the current raid structure, the new added scaling troops would provide the desire to chase them where their direct loot might not have. this or course depends on how desirable the scaling aspects of these troops ends up being. no one is likely to chase a red AP badge for just +5/5 attack/defense to one troop. but some would if it was maybe +1000/1000 to a troop or maybe a +1% chance at a crit against a certain type of raid or maybe a +1% legion boost when the troop is in the legion (ie, keep in mind how much work the orange and red badges can take to reach, there should be some reasonable value to getting them)

of course the reality is there a few players that would try to make out such troops even if the rewards were just +5/5 for every color badge, but those are fairly few.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Good State of the Game. 2017 saw a lot of nice additions, and for that I'd like to thank the whole Dev team. Well done!

While I like a lot of the suggestions already put forth for future improvements, my big request would be in regards to guild updates. I like what you've stated you're going to add, but I have a couple specific requests...

1.) Please, please, please fix the guild raid summoning interface. It's terrible and clunky, and has been for a long time. This is a request I've seen many players make over the years, let's have 2018 be the year it gets taken care of

2.) Now that multi-summoning campaigns is no longer taboo, why not just change the interface so that it can be done without having to resort to tricking the system? Would be a nice way to allow smaller or less coordinated guilds to receive the same benefits that the big kids are already getting.

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I say give all achievements that don't already have it up to and including red AP. Very needed.
    Along with this, some more things we need/want:
    1. More lowered raid Cooldowns
    2. Raid Type Specific AP
    3. Upgrade to the Spirit Raven set. We still have NOT seen a neck piece for this set and it would be perfect to have a camp haste neck. It would not out-value the QM neck for camps, I pray, adding on a design for it has been made.
    4. As stated by snowstar, Elite-Slayer and Deadly-Slayer AP. This is a PERFECT idea. Even more-so when added with the fact Elites give no AP [And reasonably speaking, Deadlies shouldn't give AP and Elites should, but that is just my 2 Copper]
    5. More OLD World Raids and Event Raids. Specifically for World Server/Kasan
    6. More free gear for specific raid types. I can not stress this one enough. There are some raid types that have free and good sets, others... Nothing. Human, Qwil, Beast and Beastman have not see many good free sets, so maybe add some?
    7. Along with Sentient Golem in mind, sets should be reduced again from 7 to 6 pieces or removed fully [Crit Set Wise] due to the hammer, Grimborin. We have a mount-mimic ring, [BSI-Player Only] Crowns for +% attack and Crit mounts [Duh]. Personally, I want this for Season's Journey since I will never bother going for a crown due to the fact I value perc, for crit damage, over attack.
    8. Maybe not everyone, but please, please change questing from defense to perception. I think you understand why.

Aside from these, more personal hopes:
    1. More player-made content [Stone me for saying something like this again]
    2. Another chest to "replace" Vampiric Lockboxes. Maybe add a new one to the poll of Guster's Random Apologies and replace something in it? I don't want Vamp Box gone fully, just something new.

For the chest, I have looked through and gather up what I believe is a rather large, but fair, selection of bags. Items in them can be changed of course. [One would most likely due to two prem generals...]
    • Deathrune's Chest [Less likely due to Dragon Mar]
    • Eclipse Circus Box [Less likely due to 25% Legion Boost]
    • Eldred's Experiment Chest [Moderate chance, nothing too amazing due to all mounts having a 20% chance to drop once Von Eldred is owned making full boosting harder]
    • Constructed Converts Bag [Likely due to Nightmare Queen specific troops, runs and generals being outdated]
    • Horn of Plenty [Less likely due to festival having areas to obtain it]
    • Raid Bag [VERY Unlikely unless Mathias and/or Machaon were removed]
    • Raven's Wing Chest [Likely due to outdated demon gear]
    • Roland's Legacy [Likely due to outdated general use gear and gens]
    • Swift Courier Bag [Less likely due to festival having areas to obtain it]

Overall, just hope this year we get some more player suggested content in general and general purpose gear.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Flick View Post
    Now that multi-summoning campaigns is no longer taboo, why not just change the interface so that it can be done without having to resort to tricking the system? Would be a nice way to allow smaller or less coordinated guilds to receive the same benefits that the big kids are already getting.
    Don't forget guilds who still find this as exploiting a mechanic that was never intended/made to be done through proper means. Then we won't seem like little kids mad about people doing things they claim that we claim to be "hard"

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    Don't forget guilds who still find this as exploiting a mechanic that was never intended/made to be done through proper means. Then we won't seem like little kids mad about people doing things they claim that we claim to be "hard"

probably the easiest fix at this point would be just to lower the camp cool down timers. it clearly was never intended for two copies of any guild raid to be up at once, so who knows how hard it might be to fix it to just allow multiple copies. for the regular raids, its largely a non-issue anyway, but for the camps you would run into issues with the cool down timers. ie, when/how long til a second person can be allowed to summon the same camp? as long as there is a cool down in place the "trick" may be the only way to make the system let two copies be up at once.

though, one fix could be to allow both a hard camp and a normal camp to be summoned at once. doesn't fix all of the problem but would dent it some and just might be easily done on the code level, who knows with their code though.

but it is rather wildly unbalancing to allow some players access to something and other not. particularly when players figure out the trick pretty much makes infinite (well for all practical purposes) refill potions available.

not to mention on the guild front, an update to the adventures would be nice if nothing else maybe just add a couple new adventurers and/or maps to collect items from. ideally make the adventurers be customizable in some way, but just some new maps to play with would help.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Multisummoning of camps saved this game - made camps interesting for guilds again, made it possible for guilds to have strong players again.

I agree that the method is terrible. zero CD on camps would be far nicer and have a similar effect. At the moment you can only see multisummoning as a feature to improve guild coordination.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by SG8888 View Post
    Multisummoning of camps saved this game - made camps interesting for guilds again, made it possible for guilds to have strong players again.
    Please do not say the game was "saved" by multi-summoning unless you mean "free unlimited leveling saved the game"... To say the saved the game is basically to say that without it people would have quit. No one would quit over "not having campaigns to hit". That's just moronic. Adding on I have already stated some guilds do not do this because they still feel this is exploiting that harms the game. And I am one of the people who feel it does harm the game due to the fact people of basically any level can now free auto-level... Levels are the last thing we really have to show of a feat only some players can get to, but not anyone who is in a multi-summon guild can get any level. If it anything it ruined a part of the game that tore apart one of the last things to show off a player's determination.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Please do not say the game was "saved" by multi-summoning unless you mean "free unlimited leveling saved the game"... To say the saved the game is basically to say that without it people would have quit. No one would quit over "not having campaigns to hit". That's just moronic. Adding on I have already stated some guilds do not do this because they still feel this is exploiting that harms the game. And I am one of the people who feel it does harm the game due to the fact people of basically any level can now free auto-level... Levels are the last thing we really have to show of a feat only some players can get to, but not anyone who is in a multi-summon guild can get any level. If it anything it ruined a part of the game that tore apart one of the last things to show off a player's determination.
    Totally agree with LordRaven on this!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Indeed, I would also like to see multisummoning effectively officialized by simply reducing cooldowns a whole lot. There is no real reason to have a CD on MaM or BoB any more - it was good at the beginning so that guilds would not just spam the same campaign over and over when there were only two or three, but now we have so many and parallel ones that stronger guilds could just have a copy of everything up to Risen Temple up at all times and having no CD would do just that. (Having the option to summon a Normal along with a Hard would be good as well, but might be much harder).

Multi-Vathik (the only other major multisummon) needs would be effectively served by having more SP tiers above 70t. If we could get 140, 210, 350 and 700 with comparable efficiency as 70 already has, that multi would also pretty much be no longer required.

I'll echo the sentiments of others - having a significant Perc upgrade (ranging to at least 2-2.5m with several valuable tiers - not a doubling for each consumable level) would be very welcome. Questing should be comparable in efficiency to maxing Deadlies at higher levels - that's still a fraction of what you get for dealing OS, but at least it makes questing something more than a chore you only do voluntarily if it's an event or you're working on something like Vexanna. Rethinking quest AP might also be on the table - the amount of time and energy needed to complete a higher zone 250 times is way too high! Maybe some special "bonus AP" for quests that are on top of the normal ones but can be spent only on non-bag items? That would allow for a retrofit without giving some players 5k PC at once and it would also make the non-PC rewards in the shop far more interesting.

And yes, guild raid summoning. You said it yourself, guilds are at the heart of things. I am hardly even hitting those special time limited guild raids, much less the normal ones, because of the endless hassle to make them compared to the 1 or 5 Honor that will be spent. Ideally, guilds could simply allow auto-summon and players could choose auto-rejoin for guild raids. A raid dies, get a new one.

As a more eclectic wish, but tying into the "raid availability" issue: Is there any chance we could get a formal way to request raids and one-click summon from these requests? I imagine this such that I could effectively ask "Any Doppelganger?" in WC and anyone could click that - if they have medium open and Doppel is owned and not on CD; it would create and publish the raid, regardless of where the player is in their own game. Answering a raid request right now is "drop whatever you are doing, go to summon, find the raid, call it, enter it, publish it, go back to the quest / raid / camp node you were at". This long sequence of clicks reduces the number of times players are willing or able to do it per day if they also want to spend their own bars (really - try answering every request during a busy hour and getting anything done for yourself! It's impossible...)

Keep the updates coming! To a Dawnilicious future at least into 2020 (Yes, I know, that Flash deadline looms... but we can at least get there)!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Levels are the last thing we really have to show of a feat only some players can get to, but not anyone who is in a multi-summon guild can get any level. If it anything it ruined a part of the game that tore apart one of the last things to show off a player's determination.
    Actually, I completely disagree here. Level is a measure of only one thing in Dawn of the Dragons: How often you pushed a button (or had autohit push it for you). Every hit on a 220 Energy zone is 360 XP, every 5x20 Stamina hit is rolling XP with an expected return of 300 (plus Haste/QM necks). Since you need 18 times level (after 1000) in XP, that means you'll have to push n buttons to level up, with n being roughly 1/20 to 1/15 of your current level.

If all you want is a high level, all you need to do is to go all Energy or all Stamina, get some SP for Health and then endlessly attack the same thing (high energy quest or big raid). Low damage output is a plus if you raid, because you won't need to switch raids often. Then spend a bunch of dollars on potions (and Mach in MP) and bingo, any level you want, the quickest way. You'll just ignore Honor of course - it's slower than Energy or Stamina. Just buy and down an extra pot. (Or if you want to spend less money, just overhit Vathik or a WR into the quintillions).

That's however not how the vast majority of our IDS and Demigods got there. They got there by building stats, saving thousands of raids and generally playing an active, varied game while contributing to the community. They also got a significantly lower raw level number out of it than if they had used the "optimal" (utterly boring) path I outlined above. Now, partially thanks to multisummons, this path is open to everyone and dedication - time spent actively and intelligently playing the game - can be rewarded because you can spend all three of your bars on increasing your power and that of other players in your guild and server community, not only your button push count, whether you are a whale, a free player or anywhere in between. Having a method to keep playing as much as you want if you play an intelligent, variable game and use your opportunities rewards dedication in the true sense - and it's a reward in and of itself.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalain View Post
    Actually, I completely disagree here. Level is a measure of only one thing in Dawn of the Dragons: How often you pushed a button (or had autohit push it for you). Every hit on a 220 Energy zone is 360 XP, every 5x20 Stamina hit is rolling XP with an expected return of 300 (plus Haste/QM necks). Since you need 18 times level (after 1000) in XP, that means you'll have to push n buttons to level up, with n being roughly 1/20 to 1/15 of your current level.

If all you want is a high level, all you need to do is to go all Energy or all Stamina, get some SP for Health and then endlessly attack the same thing (high energy quest or big raid). Low damage output is a plus if you raid, because you won't need to switch raids often. Then spend a bunch of dollars on potions (and Mach in MP) and bingo, any level you want, the quickest way. You'll just ignore Honor of course - it's slower than Energy or Stamina. Just buy and down an extra pot. (Or if you want to spend less money, just overhit Vathik or a WR into the quintillions).

That's however not how the vast majority of our IDS and Demigods got there. They got there by building stats, saving thousands of raids and generally playing an active, varied game while contributing to the community. They also got a significantly lower raw level number out of it than if they had used the "optimal" (utterly boring) path I outlined above. Now, partially thanks to multisummons, this path is open to everyone and dedication - time spent actively and intelligently playing the game - can be rewarded because you can spend all three of your bars on increasing your power and that of other players in your guild and server community, not only your button push count, whether you are a whale, a free player or anywhere in between. Having a method to keep playing as much as you want if you play an intelligent, variable game and use your opportunities rewards dedication in the true sense - and it's a reward in and of itself.
    Please then, tell me the greatest feat you can get in this game without money and ignoring the egotistical Destroyer's Board.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Raids like Orphan Drake provide a lot of value as they are, but for raids such as Metkulu we’re trying to step back and look at ways to improve these raids so they have better value for the community as a whole. It’s unreasonable to update every single World Raid each time it returns, but we’d like to at least take some of the pre-2017 raids and give them an update.
    One easy thing of note that can be done is adding a new, unstacking version of a boost every time you rerun a world/event raid. This fixes one of the bigger issues, and that is obsolescence of drops. IE first rerun, you add a 'Boost I', then next time 'Boost II', etc. These boosts can be bigger or smaller in comparison with each other as necessary due to time between summonings. Ideally, repeats of old World/Event raids would be kept up to date with at least normal free drops, not necessarily new event drops.

For campaigns, you might as well just get rid of the timer. It only disadvantages those who do not deliberately exploit the game to 'multisummon', so you might as well just make it fair for everyone and remove the resummon timer from campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Perc could use another update. And as I previously requested, it shouldn't just be Grey Infused. You should go ahead and give us Grey, Green, Blue, Purple and Orange Infused tiers. They can go significantly higher on the required Perc, but should also be more rewarding than the abysmal returns granted from Brown infused, especially the Tomes.
    This is a huge problem, and has only been getting worse and worse. It started with two things: Elite raids and Platinum tiers being HUGE. This has only gotten worse with Deadly raids, Pseudo-deadly raids, and Brown Infused tiers.

It's not even close to feasible to raise perception with points obtained from perception. A point of energy spent on questing is a point that would get a hundred times more stats from deadlies. Platinum should be guaranteed at 250k perception, and Brown Infused at 400k.

This system is set up to fail. It's set up to fail on PROGRESSION, much less end rewards! All the while, raiding continues increasing returns, while quests undergo diminishing returns. The obvious solution is simple: Stop using the books, or at least stop using them the way you have been.

Instead, create a new item. We'll call it...Crystal Ball. Now, each (x1) Crystal Ball can be crafted into 100 stat points.
    They begin dropping once you reach 10k perception.
    At 10k perception, they would drop 1 per 10k perception. (1 Crystal Ball, 100 SP per drop)
    At 100k perception, they drop 2 per 10k perception. (20 Crystal Balls, 2k SP per drop)
    At 250k perception, they drop 3 per 10k perception. (75 Crystal Balls, 7.5k SP per drop)
    At 500k perception, they drop 4 per 10k perception. (200 Crystal Balls, 20k SP per drop)
    At 2M perception, it would be capped...for now. (800 Crystal Balls, 80k SP per drop)

Of course, even with this, it's still not competitive with OSing deadlies, but should be comparable to MSing deadlies...for now. Assuming a similar drop rate as current books. Further gains could be obtained just by raising the cap to a higher tier.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSpade View Post
    Instead, create a new item. We'll call it...Crystal Ball. Now, each (x1) Crystal Ball can be crafted into 100 stat points.
    They begin dropping once you reach 10k perception.
    At 10k perception, they would drop 1 per 10k perception. (1 Crystal Ball, 100 SP per drop)
    At 100k perception, they drop 2 per 10k perception. (20 Crystal Balls, 2k SP per drop)
    At 250k perception, they drop 3 per 10k perception. (75 Crystal Balls, 7.5k SP per drop)
    At 500k perception, they drop 4 per 10k perception. (200 Crystal Balls, 20k SP per drop)
    At 2M perception, it would be capped...for now. (800 Crystal Balls, 80k SP per drop)

Of course, even with this, it's still not competitive with OSing deadlies, but should be comparable to MSing deadlies...for now. Assuming a similar drop rate as current books. Further gains could be obtained just by raising the cap to a higher tier.
    As a devote perception builder, I feel that if they do any form of stat point crafting from perception now, then it should be on par with deadlies for OS. 80k SP is NOTHING at this point of the game. Even with your idea on their drops it is STILL not enough to be considered viable. Reducing the 2 million Perc requirement for 80k stat points is the first thing to fix. Reduce that to 800k for double the reward, 160k. Questing as it is now is fodder collecting and after that just AP farming till the new zones come out and that ruins a key part of the game: The questing and lore. Questing is neglected when you loot to raiding. Both are core parts, but raiding is given more praise, the same can be said for stamina builds over energy builds. We need more return for a REASONABLE cost, not 80k stat points for a whole damn 2 MILLION perc. That basically makes questing worse than it already is [Which is unspeakably bad]

As an add to this, do you know how much return you would get for 2 Million Boosted perc alone? If we talk your average player, the return is NOT worth anything. If we believe you get 100 Perc Points per 100k SP, your idea would not pay the investment. If we talk about your whale however... At least top 10 neck and ring from gauntlet on person, then your return might be better, but this requires you to get top 10 in gauntlet and we already know how fun that is. It is easy to think up ideas that can "fix" an issue, but it is a test to think up ideas that actually make things balanced. If you balanced questing to give SP, now hear me out, close to or equal to OS/5t on deadlies then you make the system MUCH better, MUCH more balanced and a lot more fair. This way you are not tied down to the "best" SP gain. We also need to account for drop rate of these Crystal Balls. They would have to be double that of books. With about 20k energy I am on average getting 2-3 books for a full bar, 4-5 on a good RNGesus day. The return is horrible unless it is both buffed in drop rate and made close to or equal to OS/5t on deadlies...

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Will there be any premium coming this month? would be nice to know if, and if so, how much so we can budget things like flash sales, thx. Also, it would be nice to see more quick gear setup slots.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast