Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Premium Preview: Ylva Frostblood

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

Premium Preview: Ylva Frostblood

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloody Tundra
    Snow fell in great, large puffs from the sky, falling gently upon the field of a recent battle in an attempt to hide the evidence of the atrocities committed in the name of war. The sky was dark and night was a short time away. It was cold but Ylva’s blood ran hot despite the frigid climate.

She brushed the cold blankets away to reveal the truth beneath. Saying a silent prayer to the gods above she motioned for her band to move onward. Her people were strong, born and raised in one of the harshest climates in West Kruna, perhaps all of Tor’gyyl itself. The cold and the beasts were in her blood and the pace of her war band never slowed.

Onward they pressed, their foes would be close now. Her people had fallen victim to a betrayal most bloody and she would repay their enemies cut for cut, blood for blood.

Cresting a hill she peered out icily at the camp below. She motioned for her warriors, some twenty stalwart against a swelling force of a hundred, to halt as she examined the tents pitched below. Her people, the Frostblood Tribe, had forged an alliance with several Nordic tribes in the neighboring hilltops. She could have called upon more stalwart and trustworthy allies to assist her in what needed done, but this was a Frostblood matter to be handled by Frostblood blades. The Frozen Spear Tribe could not go unpunished.

Quietly they crept closer to the camp, silent as snow leopards. Ylva took one of her axes and slowly cut open a tent to reveal a soldier resting inside next to a low burning fire. She slit the warrior’s throat and moved on. One by one her warriors crept from tent to tent dispatching all they could until the sounds of a struggle broke out. The cover of their surprise attack now blown, Ylva kicked the embers of a nearby fire up to set the tents ablaze. Warriors ran and started arming themselves.

One warrior came at her, screaming a battle cry. He brought his blade down with both hands and met Ylva’s axe. She twisted her blade in such a way that the warrior could not break free. The shock of the blow rang throughout her arm; it was an ache she longed for, the pain of a battle just beginning. She kicked the man’s knee in, bending it inward with an audible crack. His screams of pain were cut short as Ylva brought her second axe in and slit the man’s throat.

Another Frozen Spear warrior was close behind and came at her with a bloodied spear. She aimed the spear at Ylva’s chest. Ylva came in low, spinning as she went and bringing her blades low she cut the tendons of another warrior’s calves. The assailant went down in agony and found her life ebbing from her body as Ylva’s axe found its way into the warrior’s spinal cord. A tall woman, clad in heavy furs and wielding a wicked greataxe, looked at Ylva cooly.

“You should not have come here, Frostblood. I left the wreckage of your people upon the field as a warning.” Ylva smiled and twirled her axes in her hands, a deep hunger dancing in her eyes.

“You betrayed my people. What Jarl allows such a slight to go unpunished?” She spit into the snow for emphasis. The woman smiled back, “A wise one.” And with a quickness belying her armored self, the woman threw an axe at Ylva, nearly catching her in the chest. But as Ylva dodged the blow, her assailant was now upon her and the greataxe wooshed overhead nearly decapitating her.

Ylva brought her axes down low, aiming for the shins but thick, steel plating is all her blades tasted. She rolled on the ground avoiding another deathblow from the mighty axe. Ylva sprang to her feet and readied herself. Her opponent would tire but so would she if she did not mind her pacing well enough.

Both women had wicked smiles upon their faces. The smile that is comfortable in dealing death, the smile which welcomes it gladly into one's heart. Ylva rushed forward and as the woman swung her axe to respond, Ylva threw the hatchet in her left hand and reached out to catch the handle of the greataxe.

Her arm let out a resounding *crunch!* as she caught the weapon. She could feel bone protruding from her arm where the force of the impact had split flesh and bone. But her opponent stared, eyes wide as she looked down. One axe was embedded in her side from when Ylva had thrown it, the other had caught her under the armpit. Blood, dark and deadly flowed from both wounds as the life began to drain from her body in great torrents.

Ylva looked to her broken arm and with a painful grunt she reset the bone back where it belonged. It would take healers most skilled to mend it fully, but for now this would do. She pulled both axes free from the corpse of the slain chieftain. Much of the enemy forces ran and one by one Ylva’s twenty reappeared around her, chanting “Frostblood! Frostblood!”

She wiped the blood and spittle from her lips, and stowed her axes. The Frostblood Tribe would not stand for betrayal.

Not now.

Not ever.
    Ylva Frostblood - General - Human, Any, Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    Born and raised in the harsh climate of the north, Ylva rose to the rank of Jarl through a series of bloody conflicts which left her tribe upon the brink of decimation. Her strength in both combat and leadership has seen the Frostbloods through terrible times, and she continues to be a pinnacle of inspiration for her people and a figure of fear for her foes.

Though young, some have taken to calling her the Mother of the Tundra as she watches over her people as a mother might watch over her children.
    Cost: 120 Planet Coins
    Attack: 3,000
    Defense: 3,000
    • Jarl of Frost: 10% chance to deal 200,000 damage; Extra 6,000 damage for every unique Troop or General owned; Whenever a Mount, General or Troop deals damage, Ylva Frostblood repeats 70% of that damage (Note: This does not apply to damage mimic abilities); Gains 20 Attack and Defense for every unique Troop or General owned; Increases the Attack and Defense of Generals and Troops in the active legion by 200

Ylva Frostblood: Jarl of the Frostblood Clan, Mother of the Tundra, Slayer of Oathbreakers, Warrior, and Leader arrives this Friday, December 8th, 2017 and is available until Friday, December 22nd, 2017.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    It's a general, BTW.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Mathias the Masterer is too weak to make my TED2 legion. Now this. I'll need to check to see which is the next Premium about to get bumped out. The stats on Ylva are going to be insane, and that 200/200 boost to both troops and generals is crazy.

Power sprint is in full effect and shows no signs of stopping or even slowing any time soon.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Mathias the Masterer is too weak to make my TED2 legion. Now this. I'll need to check to see which is the next Premium about to get bumped out. The stats on Ylva are going to be insane, and that 200/200 boost to both troops and generals is crazy.

Power sprint is in full effect and shows no signs of stopping or even slowing any time soon.
    still think a 1T+ hit without magic isn't possible

but they have boxed themselves into a corner. since they know this general will have to replace another premium, they have to keep upping the ante on the premiums power just to make sure it is worth bumping an older premium. its either that or expand the size of legions rapidly. pick your poison.

this is exactly why some of us have for so long tried to get them to do something to let more generals be active at once. would have loved to see them let us have multiple active legions with the code from invasion. just use the fatigue code from the campaigns to weight/restrict each legion to 50% power to keep a rough balance. or just let some generals be able to fill advisor spots or something that only allows their procs to work, but not actually be in the legion or legion power.

but this hyper speed power increase is a spiral they can't help but keep chasing down to keep a new premium interesting. have been having to avoid stronger stat generals to keep mathias for some time. may soon have to just give up on him, only keep him in for his troop summons. actually considering dropping machoan out now that so many haste effects are available.

so just how strong can a 0/0 troop or general be now if have all the stat boosting units pretty sure it would be close to 1500/1500 or more once this one is out.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    too op

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Even at this power creep, she is ​quite a bit too strong...
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I don't want to pay more, probably won't be able to afford her on Solus, but it's worrisome how much this reminds me of the end of LoTS :/
    (1:23) Mehmonkie: I still cast my vote for Sycall as mod

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    No such thing.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    agreed.

Please rework her.
    alea iacta est

70% more mount damage. a time for crit user to get power jump again

It's fine for me cuz i can effort it. but i can see who can't effort it whines. :P (esp someone that's always whine...)

The lack of creativity is what i would be complain though.
    Last edited by Fiel; 6th December 2017 at 03:50.

World Mender
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Will be very strong. I'm fine with that; I do with the ability was a bit more unique.

Didn't a couple of the last premiums have the same ability?

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    The end of LOTS was b/c too many where trying to predict the future of the game , they got scared off with the many premiums being release. But, they cause the game demise. By thinking they knew everything and understood how businesses work. Which they did not. Prems coming out is not the predicting of a games failure but actually showing the game is productively making money plus keeping us players of dotd stronger to hit these massive deadlies. On the other hand if 5pg did nothing most players would complain anyways. As far as being to strong Sycall, try main leveling the D Talon once maybe than, you will see we need more even stronger prems.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Nah, she is only 23K att / def gen - not even close to Uty or Mire - and 70% damage copy isn't much for crit set up player (which is the trend nowadays) - so I should say she is under-power for current standard. I agree that the rework is necessary : increase 45 Att/Def for every gen owned: Increase 35 Att / Def for every troop owned. - this will scale her to 40K range : dmg copy @ 80%, increase crit chance by 1% ;Oh Joy, I like it
    J_DapperChap | Officer of Kronos II

^
    FYI 70% mount damage also count when crits damage boost from mount happen. so i would say it is somewhat massive bonus. (worm lord did this before and it was BIG boost)

Golden Garden Monk
    id actually buy this one it helps people that are behind please no nerf.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    that's crazy, for the sake of game's future, please, consider cutting mimic to, say, 30%, she will be still well worth the price.
    and by that i mean, everyone will buy her. if there are some moro... er, ,deep casuals' among us, they will be enlighten :)

(just a few months ago someone called Lotheri ,too op for web version'... that wasn't quite smart, but still...)

giving her 100k stats is not a problem. stacking another huge chunk of mount mimic is like totally different dimension of powercreep.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiel View Post
    ^
    FYI 70% mount damage also count when crits damage boost from mount happen. so i would say it is somewhat massive bonus. (worm lord did this before and it was BIG boost)
    true - but don't we want more power anyway? - we just need a bigger raid for bigger health for bigger SP return. We all need to kill D.Reg one way or the other, so I WANT POWER lol
    J_DapperChap | Officer of Kronos II

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    We have Pies of bones , demonic gateways , D talons and D horgs.. so yeah , we need fire power

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Poor older raids...they will insta die even faster.
    So AP farming will be even harder then it is now, so less KB's....smart girl 5pg.

Fix: Create summoner AP, can even be 50% of AP or less, but that will create bigger raid pool I hope, since we need new players. And new players wont stick around with no ability to farm raids or even hit any raids at all when there are only raids available that are suitable for end game
    Last edited by Superzooi; 6th December 2017 at 12:48.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean I am not after you!

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Instead of more damage, try to make something that spawns old content.. this is a collection game after all. Something with consumables .. or a troop that spawns EVERY possible craft.

Leader of Kronos II

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast