Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Premium Preview: Ylva Frostblood

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Woof! Is that price right?

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    This has the be the the only game where people complain about something being too powerful in non multiplayer settings.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by jonamse View Post
    Nah, she is only 23K att / def gen - not even close to Uty or Mire - and 70% damage copy isn't much for crit set up player (which is the trend nowadays) - so I should say she is under-power for current standard. I agree that the rework is necessary : increase 45 Att/Def for every gen owned: Increase 35 Att / Def for every troop owned. - this will scale her to 40K range : dmg copy @ 80%, increase crit chance by 1% ;Oh Joy, I like it
    One of us is possibly misreading the stats for me I'm showing something like

1. Base A/D 28k (728 troops & 450 generals)
    2. Plus a further 102x200A/D or 20,400 A&D to the rest of the legion assuming TED2
    3. Damage for me on a RageTalon (7 magic slots) would equate to an additional 7.5t which beats all but WormLord for damage for me

and you think it needs a boost?

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    you know what i regret the most in this game?
    devs don't give enough credits to the artists
    you should at least give their names
    Everything is relative, and this is the only absolute thing.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    For the people who are saying she's "too strong" --- she's not.

Powercreep has been increasing at an increasing rate; and so has HP for new Raids.

We need the damage to kill most recent raids, and future raids.

Powercreep and Raid HP are the two things that will always be increasing. It's inevitable.

(also, Deadly Ragetalons are failing left and right on the Kong Server)

Not enough people/damage to kill Ragetalons..

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by michaek View Post
    2. Plus a further 102x200A/D or 20,400 A&D to the rest of the legion assuming TED2
    Nope because troops stats are weaker than generals stats

Generals = 2*Attack + .4*Defense

Troops = 1.44*Attack + .36*Defense

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by K2-Toine View Post
    Instead of more damage, try to make something that spawns old content.. this is a collection game after all. Something with consumables .. or a troop that spawns EVERY possible craft.
    Let's tone it back a bit... Let's start with a troop or general that spawns gear. Maybe a re-work for Morth to spawn gloves? This way Zum and other boosted by clothing can get a big boost for newer players [And World Server]
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by K2-Toine View Post
    Instead of more damage, try to make something that spawns old content.. this is a collection game after all. Something with consumables .. or a troop that spawns EVERY possible craft.
    since they seem bent on not even trying to make any kind of damage limiting system and instead use cool downs as their "fix" to the problem, we could have some trinket (a troop, a neck piece, random armour, anything that can be equipped) that when you are using that trinket you have a small chance to have a zero cool down when your own personal raid dies by your own hand. this would be the typical case for the fragile old raids, the summoners first hit blowing them away. ideally could have it so that they are basic to advanced versions of the trinket that slowly gives higher and higher chances of zero cool down

(could have the item have a chance at a longer one as a balance out issue, so say a 10% chance to have 0 cool down, a 10% chance to have 24 hour cool down and 80% chance at 6 hour cool down type thing as opposed to the generic 6 hour cool down on small fry raids now)

does have issue that would either have to have the trinket generic to all and/or large classes of raids or have a trinket per raid type. one per type, even with reused art, would be a bunch of items have to add so not particularly desirable. having a trinket that applies to say all small type raids could cut the number down to 6 or 7 total but opens up the possibility of players intentionally on say a deadly horgrak letting the summoner get the last whack on it to take a chance on an immediate resummons. not necessary a bad thing but could create issues for how they want the raid economy to flow with the larger raids.

is a work around for this in that they could add a "small fry" raid tag to the smallest of the fragile raids and then just have a single trinket that is keyed to that raid tag. would just mean every month or so they might have to consider adding more raids to the small fry raid tag. a little updating on their end and one single items is only usable on the weakest of raids.

that said, some premium/freemiums that can summon, say one year old plus, equipment items is something that has been strangely missing for a long time. granted with generals or legions there is the need to deal with the unique problem, though a work around for that would be to assign a non-unique item to each unique item and if you own the unique item rolled for you get the default paired with it, some up front work on the dev end true that may be more than they want to tackle. but for general equipment items, there is really no reason we can't have a ring maker or boot maker troop that has a small chance to summon either a ring or boots, weighted to free items heavily as already summon units do of course, that are over 1 year old. assume the same normal summon restrictions of no unique equipment or no "special" or "event" equipment as we see with the troop and mount summoners as well.
    Last edited by snowstar; 7th December 2017 at 00:03.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegfarms View Post
    This has the be the the only game where people complain about something being too powerful in non multiplayer settings.
    its the combination of old weak raids and equivalent of nuke level equipment that is the issue. very few of the raids truly require a massive power spike to handle and those few raids have actually been put in place to soak up *previous* power creep jumps... is a downward spiral of boost power, boost raid health to match new power, boost power to match new raid health, boost raid health to match new power... endlessly. is called the age old chicken and egg problem in a modern setting.

if they would give us any kind of damage limiting system to deal with the old weak raids it wouldn't be an issue. but each new power jump like this just expands the number of quasi personal raids (I am up to 60ish raids that I can predictable 1 resource hit insta kill, this general would probably push it up to the upper 70;s) that players will be one hitting and *removing* from the public pool of raids forcing the need to even more power jumps as all that is available in the public pool becomes the high end raids.

but the issue is not a new powerful shinny, the issue is how the new powerful shinny affects the raid economy of the game and the viability of the public raiding pool. honestly when nothing below 10M FS raids survive in the public pool, how does a newer/weaker player hope to find the weaker raids or do we just consign them to 1 or 2 personal summons a day with the occasional lucky chance of catching 1 or 2 more from WC? the answer is they find the game impossible and just walk away.
    Last edited by snowstar; 7th December 2017 at 00:03.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaek View Post
    Plus a further 102x200A/D or 20,400 A&D to the rest of the legion assuming TED2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayah View Post
    Nope because troops stats are weaker than generals stats

Generals = 2*Attack + .4*Defense

Troops = 1.44*Attack + .36*Defense
    My apologies, I believe it does add an actual 20,400 A&D across the the rest of the legion (200 A&D per troop and general assuming TED2) the impact that has on LP is shown in your formulas which is a different thing.

I'm very happy to be corrected if I have misread though.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by unitedx View Post
    For the people who are saying she's "too strong" --- she's not.

Powercreep has been increasing at an increasing rate; and so has HP for new Raids.

We need the damage to kill most recent raids, and future raids.

Powercreep and Raid HP are the two things that will always be increasing. It's inevitable.

(also, Deadly Ragetalons are failing left and right on the Kong Server)

Not enough people/damage to kill Ragetalons..
    I only say she is strong because of her mimics. Troop and Gen or just Mount would be good, believe me I am happy she is strong, but all three...

That is at least SEVEN damage too good, Johnson!

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    gotta get her
    Azure Bonds

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    She's a strong girl.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    So since I don't believe her mimic works with this person... Here is a question.

We have Claudia Bloodwyn, a troop who has a single proc that is to mimic the proc of a general. This is specifically stated to be a mimic due to this line: Whenever a General does damage Claudia does a larger amount of damage (Note: This does not apply to damage mimic abilities)

Now my question is, what of Bakku? For him we have two procs:Chance for bonus damage; Extra damage for every unique main hand or off hand item owned; Whenever a main hand or off hand item does damage, Master Ninja Bakku does a larger amount of damage
    Now, yes, you can argue that this does and doesn't count as a mimic. In my eyes, his second proc is a clear mimic like Claudia's proc. Both will deal a larger amount of damage, but only one is clearly stated to be a mimic proc. I may be looking a bit too much into this, but Bakku is a rather good troop with a rather good proc. I am just wonder if his proc is a mimic or not because the text is kinda similar to Claudia, but without the clearly stated "Does not apply to damage mimic abilities" text.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    So since I don't believe her mimic works with this person... Here is a question.

We have Claudia Bloodwyn, a troop who has a single proc that is to mimic the proc of a general. This is specifically stated to be a mimic due to this line: [FONT="]Whenever a General does damage Claudia does a larger amount of damage (Note: This does not apply to damage mimic abilities)[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT]
    Now my question is, what of Bakku? For him we have two procs:Chance for bonus damage; Extra damage for every unique main hand or off hand item owned; Whenever a main hand or off hand item does damage, Master Ninja Bakku does a larger amount of damage
    Now, yes, you can argue that this does and doesn't count as a mimic. In my eyes, his second proc is a clear mimic like Claudia's proc. Both will deal a larger amount of damage, but only one is clearly stated to be a mimic proc. I may be looking a bit too much into this, but Bakku is a rather good troop with a rather good proc. I am just wonder if his proc is a mimic or not because the text is kinda similar to Claudia, but without the clearly stated "Does not apply to damage mimic abilities" text.
    That's not correct. Claudia says she doesn't mimic mimics, but weapons don't mimic, so that's not necessary in Bakku's description.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSpade View Post
    That's not correct. Claudia says she doesn't mimic mimics, but weapons don't mimic, so that's not necessary in Bakku's description.
    This is no longer true. We now have a weapon that mimics.

http://mutik.erley.org/enc/#task=itm_1_3471

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    Now, yes, you can argue that this does and doesn't count as a mimic. In my eyes, his second proc is a clear mimic like Claudia's proc. Both will deal a larger amount of damage, but only one is clearly stated to be a mimic proc.
    i'm not quite following, how is Bakku's one not ,clearly stated' to be a mimic? it repeats other procs - that's the definition of mimic in dotd.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaek View Post
    My apologies, I believe it does add an actual 20,400 A&D across the the rest of the legion (200 A&D per troop and general assuming TED2) the impact that has on LP is shown in your formulas which is a different thing.
    5400 att/def to gens and 15000 to troops, that will be rougly 40k base lp, so about 800k / 1,2m lp assuming 2000 lb.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by czaka View Post
    i'm not quite following, how is Bakku's one not ,clearly stated' to be a mimic? it repeats other procs - that's the definition of mimic in dotd.
    Because he is not stated as a mimic like others [I.E Claudia, Ylva, Ect.] And with Grimborin now in game, we have a weapon mimic. So right now he needs to be updated text-wise OR it needs to be stated he does not count in the mimic pool. Thus making him work with Ylva.

Spell Slinger

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    With... how many? 4 premiums who mimic mounts?... how huge is the difference between player who owns none and player who owns all?
    I dont think this amount of limited time OP premiums is healthy. I would not call it pay to win, more like startplayingsoonenough to win
    Na ArmorGames hledáme členy pro naší gildu CZ+SK !

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by veny View Post
    With... how many? 4 premiums who mimic mounts?... how huge is the difference between player who owns none and player who owns all?
    I dont think this amount of limited time OP premiums is healthy. I would not call it pay to win, more like startplayingsoonenough to win
    There is no difference since mimics don't work in PVP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast