Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: State of the Game: December 2017

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

State of the Game: December 2017

Introduction
    Greetings and welcome to the December State of the Game post! Though we’ll soon bid 2017 a fond farewell there’s still plenty of dragon slaying ahead. Without further delay let’s jump right in.

Festival of Drifting Dreams
    The Festival has returned! And with it, comes a brand new game.

The sound of crashing tents and terrified attendees ring throughout the air. You grab your weapon and run with all the haste you can muster but stop dead in your tracks as a massive, well armed training dummy begins destroying everything around it. To the side you spot the familiar face of Bosso, his arms crossed over his chest and a satisfied expression resting upon his face.

He spots you and his smile widens, "I do so love the sound of success!" he begins walking away and you let out a heavy sigh. Weapon in hand you prepare yourself for what must be done. You'll have words with the gnome another time...
    The Sentient Training Dummy is a mixture between the Training Dummys you’re already familiar with and World Raids.

Many details can be found in the December 1st, 2017 Patch Notes if you’d like to learn more about the Sentient Training Dummy.

New Guild Campaign: Ironpeak Halls
    Deep within the mountains the Ironpeak dwarves have toiled away for countless years, mastering their craft and bringing their goods to the many corners of West Kruna. But their shipments have ceased and no word has come from their mighty halls. What has befallen this mighty dwarven city?
    The latest Guild Campaign comes this month! Featuring a dwarven themed Campaign overrun by Beastmen and a more sinister foe.

As with all Campaigns this is a permanent addition to the game which will arrive early this month. It will feature two new equipment sets, a troop, a general and more.

Will you delve into the depths of the ancient Dwarven hold? (I sure hope you do.)

Raids and Events for December
    With December will arrive a mixture of events both old and new! We’ll be kicking the month off with the ever familiar Evil Yule Tribe quest event.

For this event we’re introducing an upgrade to the Sleet Warlord set: Tundra Warlord.

Details about this set can be found in both the crafting page as well as the December 1st, 2017 Patch Notes.

It wouldn’t be December without the arrival of Winter Kessov! This raid will return as it has in years past.

Desisaav’s Citadel will return again this year alongside the Frost the Snow Dragon Event Raid. These will return near the middle of the month.

Finally, we’re going to add a brand new World Raid near the end of the month. The details of this raid are being kept under wraps for now, but be on the lookout!

New Minizone: Escape from Yeurfrost
    The Yule Tribe is well known for rampaging across the frozen tundras of the north, stealing creatures and forcing them to toil away in their workshops. There is little love lost between the Yule Tribe and many of the denizens of West Kruna, least of all gnomes.

This new minizone will be winter inspired and takes place in the hidden workshop of Yeurfrost in the north. It will be available starting this month and is a peppermint permanent addition to the game. Though we thoroughly enjoyed how Hymn of the Bell worked out in terms of requiring Legendary items, we won’t be placing any strict requirements for this zone as it’s the first time we’ve done a truly December themed minizone we’d like it to be available for most players to enjoy early in their Dawn careers.

Eternal Dawn Chests: Return
    This month will herald the return of the Eternal Dawn Chests from May! This time their return comes with new recipes which will increase the potency of your Eternal Dawn items, empowering them with additional crit chance and percentage damage. In addition to this we’re also adding upgrades to other parts of the set including an upgraded legion, troop and stat boosts for Thayne and other items.

These chests will return starting today, December 1st, and be available until January 5th of next year.

While we did consider providing some boosts for the Inner Demon set it felt a little early as those weren’t released very long ago. It also felt like an unreasonable amount of boosts to collect alongside the Eternal Dawn boosts given the time available to do so.

Be sure to get your Eternal Dawn boosts while they’re available!

New Premium: Ylva Frostblood
    The north is a harsh environment, surrounded by snow and monstrous beasts. The humans that make their home there have been forged by the land and are a force to be reckoned with. Few are so fierce as Ylva Frostblood, a mighty warrior with many honors upon her name.

Ylva will be a Human General and will cost 120 Planet Coins. She’ll be available early this month for the standard period of 2 weeks. Her proc information is unavailable at this time as she’s undergoing some final tweaks.

PvP Event
    The Duel event will return this month with a handful of new items and it will be joined by a new Colosseum Event as well! The Colosseum event will function very similarly to the Duel event, dropping exclusive items during a brief period of time which can be redeemed for new items as well.

Both of these events will only be available for one week at a time.

Improvements for 5x20
    This month (today, actually!) we’re allowing the 5x20 button to function with the Autohit Toggle. This is functionality that we originally had concerns about, but we’ve alleviated many of those concerns by this stage. Internal tests found no hit to the game’s overall performance so we feel comfortable rolling this functionality out now.

Conclusion
    Thank you for reading the December 2017 State of the Game Post! Be sure to check back next year (January) for another edition. Have a great Holiday, be safe, have fun.

Until next time, adventurers.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Freaking awesome SotG. If everything listed here actually happens, this will be the first month in a long time which actually feels cram packed with "stuff"!
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    This looks like it's going to be an awesome month!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

New Minizone: Escape from Yeurfrost
    The Yule Tribe is well known for rampaging across the frozen tundras of the north, stealing creatures and forcing them to toil away in their workshops. There is little love lost between the Yule Tribe and many of the denizens of West Kruna, least of all gnomes.

This new minizone will be winter inspired and takes place in the hidden workshop of Yeurfrost in the north. It will be available starting this month and is a peppermint permanent addition to the game. Though we thoroughly enjoyed how Hymn of the Bell worked out in terms of requiring Legendary items, we wonít be placing any strict requirements for this zone as itís the first time weíve done a truly December themed minizone weíd like it to be available for most players to enjoy early in their Dawn careers.
    *snickers* Love the peppermi-, er, permanent joke.

Conclusion
    Thank you for reading the December 2017 State of the Game Post! Be sure to check back next year (January) for another edition. Have a great Holiday, be safe, have fun.

Until next time, adventurers.
    Merry Christmas to you Devs, and have a happy new year!

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Yes, this is a good 'un.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    ehem.. i tried the new 5x20 improvement, i couldnt turn it off unless i left raid or probably turn off the continuous click....

Good and eventful month. Thank you.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    @Devs

Can you please update us (make a post on this thread) when you have finalized the New Premium's ability information? Would love to know before I buy her. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IllisShaki View Post
    ehem.. i tried the new 5x20 improvement, i couldnt turn it off unless i left raid or probably turn off the continuous click....
    Hitting the infinite button will stop it or hitting another resource if it's a multiple,resource raid such as deadlies.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    wow awesome OO

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    This is rly a great SoTG! Gj, keep it up!

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeJ View Post
    Hitting the infinite button will stop it or hitting another resource if it's a multiple,resource raid such as deadlies.
    Ya, I know.. Im just use to clicking the 1,5, or 20 to stop them so it just trips me up and i end up over hitting lol

Silver Arrow
    1 question with the Collo event - will it favour those players who've not been active in it much? So if you're level 44 you have a lesser chance of getting those items?

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Custard View Post
    1 question with the Collo event - will it favour those players who've not been active in it much? So if you're level 44 you have a lesser chance of getting those items?
    Nope, it will favor those people prepared to purchase extra tickets the rest of us will be at 35ish tickets per day

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I'd Like to quickly rant about your planned PvP event...... I am in the level 1000-1500 bracket on elyssa server, am top rank in duel and rank 39 in Colosseum. As such I HAVE NO OPPONENTS IN DUEL OR COLOSSEUM. please find away for me to participate in PvP content or stop focusing on content that i cannot participate in.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    For next festival can you please add a loot table to vortex? I have no idea what I'm still missing.