Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patch Notes: December 1st, 2017

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: Festival in general
    I liked it because: I always enjoy when the festival is around, and you usually do a good job at adding the right amount of content each time

This week I didn't care for: New festival set and sentient dummy leaderboard
    I didn't like it because: Firstly on the tyrants downfall set: i would like the set if i had a new big ole festival class deadly raid to use it against, im too weak to stand a chance in sentient dummy so i feel like i would have no use for the set if i were to spend my kasan tokens on it. I'm not entirely against the sentient dummy, but many players me included will be targeting the top 50% tier, of which there is no way of knowing how we're doing as the leaderboard cuts off and doesnt tell how many players exist on the leaderboard.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by JiggleTease View Post
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: Festival in general
    I liked it because: I always enjoy when the festival is around, and you usually do a good job at adding the right amount of content each time

This week I didn't care for: New festival set and sentient dummy leaderboard
    I didn't like it because: Firstly on the tyrants downfall set: i would like the set if i had a new big ole festival class deadly raid to use it against, im too weak to stand a chance in sentient dummy so i feel like i would have no use for the set if i were to spend my kasan tokens on it. I'm not entirely against the sentient dummy, but many players me included will be targeting the top 50% tier, of which there is no way of knowing how we're doing as the leaderboard cuts off and doesnt tell how many players exist on the leaderboard.
    Love the festival, never seems long enough, but that is fine!! Wondering if event Days with multiple past events would be fun for newer players and those that have missed events for crafting could be a Christmas/ Yule Treat?

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by SetoKaiba View Post
    Love the festival, never seems long enough, but that is fine!! Wondering if event Days with multiple past events would be fun for newer players and those that have missed events for crafting could be a Christmas/ Yule Treat?
    definitely would be nice to see most of the old event reran, but am not really sure running multiple one events at the same time is all that good for the newer players really. ones that been around 6+ months it might not be so bad but ones that not fully gotten their game legs yet may find multiple events too much to do and in effect it would be more annoying to not be able to do all of them because there is multiple ones up.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    definitely would be nice to see most of the old event reran, but am not really sure running multiple one events at the same time is all that good for the newer players really. ones that been around 6+ months it might not be so bad but ones that not fully gotten their game legs yet may find multiple events too much to do and in effect it would be more annoying to not be able to do all of them because there is multiple ones up.
    Agreed, maybe a throwback thursday or Windback Wesnesday event, every Wednesday orThursday and old Raid is put up, that way the newer players can plan their resources to get through it. Still leaves room for the big events on the weekend

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Just because

In truth I do a lot of jousting but this is the first time I've seen that

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Yay for having Festival back--surprised at how long it has been, but how little has changed. I kind of like it, since I'm always playing catch up, but it still was a bit of a let down. Not thrilled with the sentient dummy's loot tiers, but that's life. I'd still enjoy seeing some kind of perception element being added to the festival, it just seems very thematic.

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaek View Post
    Just because

At least you see perc hit slots ;w;
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaek View Post
    Just because

Got that on knight #10 for easy victory.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Can I ask, WTH is going on with the sentient dummy? My time ran out, I'm 46th place, it says victory, but there's no loot button. Then I reload and the sentient dummy is active again with 5 hours. I go to edit my legion to hit it again, come back, the dummy says Victory and the time is out. I reload, come back, still no loot button, the clock is on again. Now over an hour later, the clock is at 3:38, my position is down to 47th and it still goes to victory when I leave. I've also heard from others that their time is at 10 hours remaining.

I got my victory, I spent pc to get more tickets to ensure I was at top 50th to get the hammer, and now because of a glitch I'm at risk of loosing that or have to spend more tickets to keep it, when I already had it? That's not fair and I'd like an answer from the devs as how to proceed.
    Last edited by NightHunter; 7th December 2017 at 18:52. Reason: edit spelling

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHunter View Post
    Can I ask, WTH is going on with the sentient dummy? My time ran out, I'm 46th place, it says victory, but there's no loot button. Then I reload and the sentient dummy is active again with 5 hours. I got to edit my legion to hit it again, come back, the dummy says Victory and the time is out. I reload, come back, still no loot button, the clock is on again. Now over an hour later, the clock is at 3:38, my position is down to 47th and it still goes to victory when I leave. I've also heard from others that their time is at 10 hours remaining.

I got my victory, I spent pc to get more tickets to ensure I was at top 50th to get the hammer, and now because of a glitch I'm at risk of loosing that or have to spend more tickets to keep it, when I already had it? That's not fair and I'd like an answer from the devs as how to proceed.

Yeah there is absolutely no way a bunch of people all of a sudden hit 10t+ overnight when nobody was close.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    That's not fair and I'd like an answer from the devs as how to proceed.
    Well, I said screw it and got more tickets, so was at 37th place with this additional time, now I'm at 39. Still got some hits left over, I know I can use them to better cement my placement, but I'd like to hear some kind of response before I use them. Would be nice to get a refund since I shouldn't have had to get them in the first place.

And for the record, I'm not whining about some "unfairness". The raid was over, and still shows over, and yet it's not. That's a big glitch in a raid that rewards by placement.

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Can I ask, WTH is going on with the sentient dummy? My time ran out, I'm 46th place, it says victory, but there's no loot button. Then I reload and the sentient dummy is active again with 5 hours. I go to edit my legion to hit it again, come back, the dummy says Victory and the time is out. I reload, come back, still no loot button, the clock is on again. Now over an hour later, the clock is at 3:38, my position is down to 47th and it still goes to victory when I leave. I've also heard from others that their time is at 10 hours remaining.

There's a bug that can occur with the timer if you go to your raid page and then visit the Sentient Dummy. Refreshing your game and going directly to the Sentient Dummy should fix the issue at least until you visit your raid page again. If it doesn't, try clearing your cache and trying again - both of these have worked for us internally as well as other players we've spoken with.

The timer should line up almost exactly with the Gambits in terms of time remaining.

Tech believes they have a fix, but it won't be able to go into effect in time for this summon and will need to wait for next time.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Happy to see festival returning but I'm a little disappointed in the new content. Hiding most of the few nice things behind another PTW mini-event is not appreciated. For most years since I started I've been dumping my tickets in vortex but it seems even that well has dried up.
    Yule quest event is kinda poor too, for the amount of energy it takes you could have at least given us something worthwhile and not just equipment set #1651.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    There's a bug that can occur with the timer if you go to your raid page and then visit the Sentient Dummy. Refreshing your game and going directly to the Sentient Dummy should fix the issue at least until you visit your raid page again. If it doesn't, try clearing your cache and trying again - both of these have worked for us internally as well as other players we've spoken with.

The timer should line up almost exactly with the Gambits in terms of time remaining.

Tech believes they have a fix, but it won't be able to go into effect in time for this summon and will need to wait for next time.
    I think we need to discuss some form of resolution for the issues this glitch created. Many people, including myself and my wife, don't read the forums constantly. When our raid said it was dead, we assumed it was. Relic was 49th when her raid "died" and we have screenshotted proof of that. As she was no longer able to hit the raid, I think it's fair that she, and anyone else ranked top 50 when the raid "died" initially, get the top 50 rewards.

The fact of the matter is that not everyone could continue hitting the raid while some could and unless you're big into the forums you had no idea there was even an issue, much less a resolution for that issue posted here.

The moment the raid glitched, leaderboards should have been frozen and loot payouts processed.

While I am disappointed that did not happen, as a long time paying customer, I will be watching very closely how you choose to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your time.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook

Alright, now that the week's over, some more comments in addition to my previous ones.

Love the Sentient Dummy. It was great. There was some issue with the timer, but that was figured out to be solvable with a refresh. On the other hand, the only new items for Kasan Tokens were the festival set, but there are no new festival raids. Could we get at least get a new big Elite raid or two? Rekkr, Ragunt, Valley, Jershanthun, Valley, Satyrs, and Vortex are all still lacking Elite versions.

Edit: Am thankful for the extra 200 tickets as well.

Edit2: Also, Blessing of Mathala and SMITE still say that they don't stack in their descriptions despite stacking.
    Last edited by GriffonSpade; 8th December 2017 at 05:27.

DotD Council Member

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Festival was quite good for me. I used my free tickets in the Vortex and ended up pulling Uncle Shamshir, Sic Semper legion, 15% legion tactic boost, Volcanic and Celestial Enigma, Kassandra, and overall enough coins for 44 Downfall revelers. 40 bil on the raid and I got the familiar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123