Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes: December 1st, 2017

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    http://prntscr.com/hhxm3o

Can someone explain this to me? Specifically, look at the bottom. How does one achieve NEGATIVE damage?
    Any chance you clocked the log - e.g. 1q damage?

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    My favorite thing this month: Not worrying for the REALLY good rewards as I won't get them in a million years so it's going to be a very relaxed month! Happy December every1
    I don't owe you my money, you'll have to convince me, to entice me, to woo me to get it! Got it?
    (Corrected!)
    And you have to end Capital Controls in Greece!
    (Updated!)

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaek View Post
    Any chance you clocked the log - e.g. 1q damage?
    Buh?
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    http://prntscr.com/hhxm3o

Can someone explain this to me? Specifically, look at the bottom. How does one achieve NEGATIVE damage?
    Mine is broken too, says I only have 753m damage when I actually have 2t

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Regaris View Post
    Mine is broken too, says I only have 753m damage when I actually have 2t
    Someone suggested that it is only recording your first hit on the bottom value... which might make sense for most, but still doesn't explain how I got a negative value!
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Usually during the Festival, we receive Tickets in our Daily Rewards. Why not this time?

Disciple of the Traveller
    Buh?
    well the max value for a 48 bit (6 byte) integer would be 281T. or half of that if it is considered signed (ie positive or negative values), which would be 140T.

you could be seeing the same "bug" that we had with buying castles when they pasted the 2B and change cost before. it exceeded the max value for an integer value that is signed and rolled over to negatives because of that.

this could be the same thing happening with some form of long integer value. though why damage would be done as an integer with all of the percentage boosts have no clue.

one possibility is that the actual damage is properly calculated as a real data type but for some of the display functions it is being converted into an integer before being displayed?

of course even a real type data value can have an over flow condition.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    well the max value for a 48 bit (6 byte) integer would be 281T. or half of that if it is considered signed (ie positive or negative values), which would be 140T.

you could be seeing the same "bug" that we had with buying castles when they pasted the 2B and change cost before. it exceeded the max value for an integer value that is signed and rolled over to negatives because of that.

this could be the same thing happening with some form of long integer value. though why damage would be done as an integer with all of the percentage boosts have no clue.

one possibility is that the actual damage is properly calculated as a real data type but for some of the display functions it is being converted into an integer before being displayed?

of course even a real type data value can have an over flow condition.
    If I could hit 140T with a single swing on a raid with no magics... that's probably at least a few weeks away, even given the power sprint going on!

Disciple of the Traveller
    If I could hit 140T with a single swing on a raid with no magics... that's probably at least a few weeks away, even given the power sprint going on!

thought this was off of the destoryer's board that you saw the negative number?

that said, just guessing that the code might be using a 48 bit integer for some reason, the size could be smaller.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    thought this was off of the destoryer's board that you saw the negative number?
    Ah, no. that's from the Festival Training Dummy WR leaderboard on NAG.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Sentient Training Dummy
    Interesting. Prize-chasers will no doubt like this, though I hope you have plans to add additional rewards. Seems like the easiest one would have been making the legion power boosts non-unique.
    Training Dummy Updates
    Ranks 22 and 23 have had additional rewards added!
    • Rank 22 - Pitchfork Token x2
    • Rank 23 - Disintegrate
    Nice, good to see additional rewards for these.

Disintegrate (Magic)

• Attacks by any raid member have a 9% chance to deal 300% damage; Extra 200% damage for each of the following owned: Volcanic Enigma, Celestial Enigma and High Seas Enigma; Extra 400% damage against Festival raids
    God damnit. More punishment magics? And this time it even affects me! For reference, the damage is 27% base, with each magic going up to 45/63/81%. Not including that it's always good against Festival raids. Would it have been too much to ask to make it start at 40% and go up from there? Really?
    Vortex Updates
    New items have been added to the Vortex!
    • Red Eternal Dawn Coin
    • Uncle Shamshir
    • Sic Semper Tyrannis
    The new items are interesting, but I sure as hell hope you've removed the oldest red coin in there as compensation for forcing a new red coin on us.
    Eternal Dawn Chests Return!
    The Eternal Dawn Chests have returned! Available until January 5th, 2018 they return with many new recipes for boosts which will augment the power of your Eternal Dawn set.
    Promo Code
    The following is valid until January 1st, 2018
    • ETERNALDEC (Awards 2 Brown-Grey Eternal Dawn Chest, 2 Green-Blue Eternal Dawn Chest, 2 Purple-Orange Eternal Dawn Chest)
    Yay. Except I got a red coin from one of my purple-orange boxes. Kinda pissed about that. Love the chests regardless.
    Event Raid: Cedric the Smashable!

This is a 24 hour, timed event which will be summoned on Monday, December 4th and Wednesday, December 6th.
    Cedric the Smashable is categorized as Colossal, Construct.
    • Common Loot: Energy and Stamina Potions
    • Uncommon Loot: Greater Energy and Stamina Potions
    • Rare Loot: Grand Energy and Stamina Potions
    • Epic Loot: Volatile Energy and Stamina Potions
    • This raid also contains Drifting Dreams Envelopes, Harvested Crystals, and the Festival Familiar as guaranteed drops as you make your way up the Loot Poster.
    Good to see Cedric back.
    Very not good to see no tickets in daily logins or daily assignments is also back.
    Evil Yule Tribe
    The Yule Present Bearer may appear as a miniboss in any of the following zones on Nightmare difficulty only: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18.
    • The Yule Present Bearer will have a chance to appear until January 5th, 2018
    • New recipes have been added!
    Unless you actually fixed the drop rate, the vast majority of us don't care. The new equipment is complete garbage anyway. The mount only gives out 66% generic max and 126.5% vs winter max. That's great, as of about 2 years ago. Now we have things like Spectral Howlers that give 225% against everything. This is the worst part, because 30 seconds with a calculator can figure this out. Why even bother if it's just going to be garbage?
    Fixes, Known Issues, and Updates[LIST][*] Update - 5x20 now works with the auto hit toggle functionality just as 1x, 5x and 20x do! [*] Update - LEGION PAGE: Troops and Generals can now be sorted by "Any" Race, Role and Attribute. "All" is a new option which functions as "Any" used to, allowing you to sort by all Race, Role or Attribute.
    Huzzah! This should make messing with legion much better. Also, any plans of adding Armaments to Invasion?
    Last edited by GriffonSpade; 6th December 2017 at 10:59.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Interesting nice new magic. Superb for players owning all 3 enigmas. The festival part of it is useless tough...what about a festival raid with some more HP.

That quest event is useless. But due to the Elite Yules we are not in a hurry. Collect colored coals from those and we have all year to complete the set.

That legion boost from leaderboard really suck tough. Most of us will just give up. It is just for the whales anyway.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Found a separate issue: Ornerin, Titan's Downfall, Ein the Excitable, and Mob Mentality crafts are in Misc instead of Events/Festival.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by IllisShaki View Post
    Update - 5x20 now works with the auto hit toggle functionality just as 1x, 5x and 20x do!

wont turn off unless i leave raid or uncheck continuous click
    won't turn on in camps for me
    Shall we have a Dance of Death, or Doom?
    Either way, it doesn't matter, because I can't dance anyway.

Love all of them except Featival gauntlet.

At least , Festival on hit drop should be better. so player who just login regular every 10 hour has 5 attempt to get something.

The possible list (Drop rate to be balance, not equal):
    Solus Fragment
    Small E/H/S potion (5-100)
    2% Ration
    Urn
    Attack boost % item
    Old grab bag

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    seems the 5X20 continuous clic has already been removed

edit: my bad. in fact, it doesn't work for campaigns
    Everything is relative, and this is the only absolute thing.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: Update - 5x20 now works with the auto hit toggle functionality just as 1x, 5x and 20x do!
    I liked it because: Because regular continuous 20 hit is slow as hell and I've recently had troubles with the usual right mouseclick to get it automatically hold the 5x20. I've actually been doing stuff like resetting the game when the button wouldn't hold in the past.
    Maybe we could: [Tell us if you want us to bring this event back, if you think we can do the same thing a new way, etc]

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I wish intoxicate too boost the new festival magic too
    J_DapperChap | Officer of Kronos II

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Thank you for the continuous 5x20. Much appreciated!
    ~Shakezoola ~ ~Immortal~ ~Kronos II~

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    https://prnt.sc/hif5dt either i'm a god or theres' a bug somewhere in the sentient dummy

this doesn't seem like it really effects anything but figured i'd point it out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast