Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes: December 8th, 2017

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

Patch Notes: December 8th, 2017

Scheduled Maintenance

Features

New Premium: Ylva Frostblood
    Bring honor and glory to the Frostblood clan with the latest Premium General! Available until December 22nd, 2017. You can read The Bloody Tundra short story and see other information in Ylva Frostblood's teaser post.
    Ylva Frostblood (General - Human, Any, Any)
    Born and raised in the harsh climate of the north, Ylva rose to the rank of Jarl through a series of bloody conflicts which left her tribe upon the brink of decimation. Her strength in both combat and leadership has seen the Frostbloods through terrible times, and she continues to be a pinnacle of inspiration for her people and a figure of fear for her foes.

Though young, some have taken to calling her the Mother of the Tundra as she watches over her people as a mother might watch over her children.
    Cost: 120 Planet Coins
    Attack: 3,000
    Defense: 3,000
    Jarl of Frost:
    • 10% chance to deal 200,000 damage; Extra 6,000 damage for every unique Troop or General owned; Whenever a Mount, General or Troop deals damage, Ylva Frostblood repeats 70% of that damage (Note: This does not apply to damage mimic abilities); Gains 20 Attack and Defense for every unique Troop or General owned; Increases the Attack and Defense of Generals and Troops in the active legion by 200

New Guild Campaign: Ironpeak Halls
    The Ironpeak Halls Campaign has been added! This is a permanent addition to the game.
    A dwarven stronghold of renown has been besieged by a vile black drake and her minions.
    Name Length Available Challenges Node Information
    Ironpeak Halls Normal: 120 hours Speed Run No Collection nodes
    Hard: 96 hours Fatigue No Doppelganger nodes
    Hailstorm

Nodes
    • This Campaign features nodes of the following sizes.

Eternal Dawn Chests Return!
    The Eternal Dawn Chests have returned! Available until January 5th, 2018 they return with many new recipes for boosts which will augment the power of your Eternal Dawn set.

Information for all of these items can be found on the crafting page.
    Component 1 Component 2 Component 3 Component 4 Component 5 Component 6 = Result
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Green Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Warhammer of the Eternal Dawn Damage Boost
    Grey Eternal Dawn Coin Blue Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Warhammer of the Eternal Dawn Crit Boost
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Green Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Fist of the Eternal Dawn Damage Boost
    Grey Eternal Dawn Coin Blue Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Fist of the Eternal Dawn Crit Boost
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Green Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Helm of the Eternal Dawn Damage Boost
    Grey Eternal Dawn Coin Blue Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Helm of the Eternal Dawn Crit Boost
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Green Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Soul of the Eternal Dawn Damage Boost
    Grey Eternal Dawn Coin Blue Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Soul of the Eternal Dawn Crit Boost
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Green Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Gauntlets of the Eternal Dawn Damage Boost
    Grey Eternal Dawn Coin Blue Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Gauntlets of the Eternal Dawn Crit Boost
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Green Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Leggings of the Eternal Dawn Damage Boost
    Grey Eternal Dawn Coin Blue Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Leggings of the Eternal Dawn Crit Boost
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Green Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Sabatons of the Eternal Dawn Damage Boost
    Grey Eternal Dawn Coin Blue Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Sabatons of the Eternal Dawn Crit Boost
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Green Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Signet of the Eternal Dawn Damage Boost
    Grey Eternal Dawn Coin Blue Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Signet of the Eternal Dawn Crit Boost
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Green Eternal Dawn Coin Purple Eternal Dawn Coin - - - = Pendant of the Eternal Dawn Damage Boost
    Grey Eternal Dawn Coin Blue Eternal Dawn Coin Orange Eternal Dawn Coin - - - = Pendant of the Eternal Dawn Crit Boost
    Blue Eternal Dawn Coin Purple Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Drake of the Eternal Dawn Damage Boost
    Green Eternal Dawn Coin Orange Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Drake of the Eternal Dawn Crit Boost
    Blue Eternal Dawn Coin Orange Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Thayne of the Eternal Dawn Damage Boost
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Grey Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Thayne of the Eternal Dawn Stat Boost
    Green Eternal Dawn Coin Blue Eternal Dawn Coin Purple Eternal Dawn Coin - - - = Chalice of the Eternal Dawn Damage Boost
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Grey Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Chalice of the Eternal Dawn Stat Boost
    Green Eternal Dawn Coin Purple Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Hymn Cannon of the Eternal Dawn Damage Boost
    Grey Eternal Dawn Coin Blue Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = Hymn Cannon of the Eternal Dawn Stat Boost
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Green Eternal Dawn Coin - - - - = History of the Eternal Dawn Stat Boost
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Grey Eternal Dawn Coin Green Eternal Dawn Coin - - - = Ascended Champion of the Eternal Dawn
    Brown Eternal Dawn Coin Grey Eternal Dawn Coin Green Eternal Dawn Coin Blue Eternal Dawn Coin Purple Eternal Dawn Coin Orange Eternal Dawn Coin = The Eternal Dawn II

New Recipes: Campaign Collection Node Items
    The Following recipes have been added!

Guild Token x1 = Rack of Swords
    Guild Token x1 = Bundle of Arrows
    Guild Token x1 = Pile of Bandages

Volatile Honor Bundles
    Until December 15th Volatile Honor Potion Bundles are available for purchase from the Bazaar!

Daily Login Update
    In addition to normal items, you'll receive Winter Festival Pudding x4 in your daily login boxes until December 15th, 2017.

Resource Cooldowns
    For one week only Honor timers have been reduced!
    • All classes except Demigod: 60
    • Demigod: 30

Promo Code
    The following is valid until January 1st, 2018
    • WINTPUD17 (Winter Festival Pudding x6)
    • ETERNALDEC (Awards 2 Brown-Grey Eternal Dawn Chest, 2 Green-Blue Eternal Dawn Chest, 2 Purple-Orange Eternal Dawn Chest)

Events

Kessov: Blood Will Run Cold
    Kessov Castle was rebuilt after the great siege which tore its walls asunder. Golem laborers were set to work to undo the destruction and make the proud bastion rise again. But perhaps D'rach's foul presence tainted the very stones and ground, for soon new darkness came to replace old. A force of beastmen laid claim to the castle, slaughtering its defenders and manning its ramparts as the traitors once did. Again you're thrust into the role of besieger, venturing through the winter snow to take the fortress back and put the dragons' minions to the sword.
    This is a 288 hour, timed event, starting on Friday, December 8th, 2017.
    This year, as a special treat we'll be casting the Guster's Fault Magic on this raid as well.
    Kessov: Blood Will Run Cold is categorized as Colossal, Dragon, Siege, Winter.
    • On Hit Drops: Brown Kessov Banner, Grey Kessov Banner, Green Kessov Banner, Blue Kessov Banner, Purple Kessov Banner, Orange Kessov Banner, Brown Kessov, Treasure Key, Grey Kessov Treasure Key, Green Kessov Treasure Key, Blue Kessov Treasure Key, Purple Kessov Treasure Key, Orange Kessov Treasure Key, Mail, Leather Straps, Steel Spikes, Besieger Shield Base, Besieger Sword Hilt, Besieger Sword Blade, Elven Besieger, Dwarven Besieger, Felpuur Besieger, Gnomish Besieger, Oroc Besieger, Goblin Besieger, Solus Coin Fragment, Besiegers' Banner
    • Common Loot: Brown and Grey Kessov Banner
    • Uncommon Loot: Green and Blue Kessov Banner
    • Rare Loot: Purple and Orange Kessov Banner
    • This raid also contains guaranteed drops as you make your way up the Loot Tiers.

Evil Yule Tribe
    The Yule Present Bearer may appear as a miniboss in any of the following zones on Nightmare difficulty only: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18.
    • The Yule Present Bearer will have a chance to appear until January 5th, 2018
    • New recipes have been added!

Item + Item = Result
    Sleet Warlord Ice Sword x3 + Coal x3 = Tundra Warlord Ice Sword
    Sleet Warlord Ice Shield x3 + Coal x3 = Tundra Warlord Ice Shield
    Sleet Warlord Head x3 + Coal x3 = Tundra Warlord Head
    Sleet Warlord Torso x3 + Coal x3 = Tundra Warlord Torso
    Sleet Warlord Hands x3 + Coal x3 = Tundra Warlord Hands
    Sleet Warlord Legs x3 + Coal x3 = Tundra Warlord Legs
    Sleet Warlord Feet x3 + Coal x3 = Tundra Warlord Feet
    Sleet Warlord Ring x3 + Coal x3 = Tundra Warlord Ring
    Sleet Warlord Drake x3 + Coal x3 = Tundra Warlord's Drake

Tundra Warlord Set (Information is the same for each equipment piece)
    Attack: 2,950
    Defense: 2,000
    • Frozen War: 10% chance to deal 80,000 damage; Extra 30,000 damage for each piece of Tundra Warlord set equipped; Extra 200,000 damage against Winter raids; 6% chance to discover Firewood on hit while all items of Tundra Warlord set except Mount and Helm are worn against non-Guild related Winter raids

Tundra Warlord's Drake (Mount)
    Attack: 3,924
    Defense: 2,660
    • Frozen War: 11% chance to deal 200% damage; Extra 50% damage for each piece of Tundra Warlord set equipped; Extra 550% damage against Winter raids

Fixes, Known Issues, and Updates
    • Update - Yule Present Bearer miniboss now drops Yule Tribe Gift 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 in a quantity of 3. (Further clarity: Yule Present Bearers always drop 3 items in total. This changes those items (excluding the Yule Present Sack) to always be in quantity of 3. So you could potentially receive as many as 9 of a single item for example).

Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Insert your favorite thing]
    I liked it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Maybe we could: [Tell us if you want us to bring this event back, if you think we can do the same thing a new way, etc]

This week I didn't care for: [Insert what you didn't like]
    I didn't like it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Instead, let's: [Tell us how we can improve something like this in the future]

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Got to say running Winter Kessov from 8 Dec to 20 Dec kinda defeats the purpose of having a long leisurely raid to hit over the holidays.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    The Yules still stink. Also, while I won't have need of the timer--as Michaek said, I miss the leisurely epic raid over the holidays. Will something else big be summoned following Kessov? Maybe a war raid with an extended timer? I can't think of anything holiday themed like Kessov. Hitting Kessov with hot cocoa by a fire is Christmas.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: The "fix" (buff) for yule drops.
    I liked it because: It's so hard to get that new *and very useful* set otherwise.
    Maybe we could: Add some citadel scrolls for new runes to craft?

This week I didn't care for: WR
    I didn't like it because: It will stay so long at the top of my active raids...
    Instead, let's: Summon Winter Kessov on Nightmare so we can get AP from it?

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    You forgot to lower the cooldown of Punishment and Bearer again.

Spell Slinger

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Hehe, i just ran out of arrows for collection nodes
    Na ArmorGames hledáme členy pro naší gildu CZ+SK !

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [New camp and premium]
    I liked it because: [Good honor dump, and premium provides a great boost]
    Maybe we could: [Run corrupted erebus?]

This week I didn't care for: [New camp not having beast tag]
    I didn't like it because: [Why make the camp beastman tag? Nothing good for that. NIP should not only be useful for Deadly Ragetalon.]
    Instead, let's: [Make the new camp have BEAST tag rather than BEASTMAN.]

Quote Originally Posted by veny View Post
    such thing can actually happen?

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    We could run the GF WR over the holidays, I should be free to do 90T, hopefully
    (1:23) Mehmonkie: I still cast my vote for Sycall as mod

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Geela View Post
    We could run the GF WR over the holidays, I should be free to do 90T, hopefully
    1000000000000000001% agree. Also, can you make any [and all] Dragon World Raids have GF with a tier of 90t? I would be so, so, so, so happy <3
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by veny View Post
    of course they forgot to add a crafting for the keys for the frozen war collection node. those are the ones that seem the hardest to keep ahead of the need for.

granted that craft might need to be more than 1 to 1 given what they open up.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: New Camp and improved Yule drops
    I liked it because: A new campaign was very much needed so glad that we something shiny to play with. Yule drops are better, but I think the encounter rates in some zones are still way too low.
    Maybe we could: Increase the encounter rate so that a higher percentage of mini-bosses are Yule instead of normal. Also, adding in FW keys for collection crafts would be nice, as those are in the highest demand.

This week I didn't care for: The lack of any new crafts or drops for Kessov.
    I didn't like it because: Part of what makes these annual events exciting is looking forward to what new loot has been added. So not having anything new is quite disappointing. As far as new content goes the rest of the month is looking to be the best in quite some time, so the lack of at least one or two new items/crafts here stands out.
    Instead, let's: Keep the big yearly events exciting, make sure that they have at least a couple new aspects each time around. Also, I'm in the camp that thinks kessov is running a bit early this year, too.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: Acid flask magic
    I liked it because: nostalgia. I was gone for a couple year and missed end of clash and was disappointed and this reminded me of some good times with friends

Farmhand
    The 5x20 on loop still doesn't work in Camps (not mentioned in known bugs).

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Bug or Intended: Three of the Six campaign nodes are underground and vice versa. The gear from here seems to be meant to use it on the campaign itself. Just a question after looking over the legion and gear.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Premium, New Camp, Kessov]
    I liked it because: [Rerunning old camps gets monotonous. Wouldn't feel like winter holiday without Kessov.]
    Maybe we could: [Increase the rate of appearance for Yule Santa. Adding in the 3x drop is a great step forward, but a lot of people aren't farming for him for crafts due to the sheer amount of Energy resource needed to obtain enough crafts not just for new items, but to finish older sets still left over... from previous year(s)]

This week I didn't care for: [Guild tokens for Bundle of Arrows, Pile of Bandages, Rack of Swords.]
    I didn't like it because: [I'm sorry, but these are a waste of crafting page space. And as a collective community, one mention of these in the World Chat sparked a few people into an unwelcoming reply about them. Mainly because anyone can hit the multiple raids that drop these, and can also get them from the campaigns themselves. ]
    Instead, let's: [Remove the Guild Tokens for above mentioned, and instead add Guild Tokens for Shorewatch Keep's Keys. I believe that it would be more appealing to new, and old players.]

I would also add in that I'd loooooove to see Adventures come back into play. A couple changes would make them fun!! I know these may not be a top priority for devs, but a lot of people in chat have agreed that these would definitely make them reconsider a second chance at them:

1. Allowing ANYONE to join with the Adventure Code would fix a lot of issues of nobody wanting to even touch them. If 5 people in the world chat could join in a collective adventure, they may become more common... instead of just sitting in the corner of the Guild page looking lonely.

2. Instead of PC for boons, add in a currency that, only on completion of and looting an adventure, would be obtainable. Not from bosses inside the actual Adventure.

3. Like the Bazaar -> Gauntlet shop link, we could have a Bazaar -> Adventure link to spend said new currency.

4. 48hr cooldown on individual Adventurers dropped to 24hr. For the Honor cost, I doubt many people would run every single Adventurer through an adventure in 24 hours let alone every 48 hours.

And omg... please please add a search function to find generals and troops by name when editing legions.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: New Campaign. *edit* Oh, and increase santa drops
    I liked it because: New guild challenge. And who doesn't want more from santa?
    Maybe we could: Run the WRs/ERs/events that drop items for people to craft / collect citadel scrolls. Been a while...

This week I didn't care for:
    New Recipes: Campaign Collection Node Items
    The Following recipes have been added!

Guild Token x1 = Rack of Swords
    Guild Token x1 = Bundle of Arrows
    Guild Token x1 = Pile of Bandages
    I didn't like it because: Really? I've got over 10,000 of two of them, over 9000 of the third. I can't do camps fast enough to use them... and you'll let me craft them?
    Instead, let's: How about crafting shorewatch keys? Those are actually hard to come by, unlike the other three donation items.
    I thought I was wrong once... but I was mistaken..

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Lambretta View Post
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: New Campaign. *edit* Oh, and increase santa drops
    I liked it because: New guild challenge. And who doesn't want more from santa?
    Maybe we could: Run the WRs/ERs/events that drop items for people to craft / collect citadel scrolls. Been a while...

This week I didn't care for:
    I didn't like it because: Really? I've got over 10,000 of two of them, over 9000 of the third. I can't do camps fast enough to use them... and you'll let me craft them?
    Instead, let's: How about crafting shorewatch keys? Those are actually hard to come by, unlike the other three donation items.
    Being in a guild that doesn't​ multi-summon, I am happy with this.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I am revising my comments on Yules somewhat. The drop rate is drastically improved. The summon rate still stinks.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Alrighty.

New Premium, love her.
    New Campaign, love it.
    Dwarven Warrior's Battleboar is great. 100% generic and 150% deadly max. Very nice. This reskin is actually better than the original Orange Knight set IMO.
    Upgraded Dwarven Captain's Battleboar is awesome. 140% generic, 168% campaign, and 210% deadly. While not as good as Spectral Howler, it's solid, and beats out other free gear (with the exception of vs camps). No doubt a lot of free players will be hunting these. Also, adding a cape to the armor and swapping in the Helm of Command reskin are nice touches.
    Early Winter Kessov, seems odd, as Michaek said, but whatever. I'll wait and see what comes Christmas.
    Yule Tribe x3 gifts, love it. The current set is still abominably hard and garbage, but at least it's no harder to get than the set last year was. And the old stuff is now much easier to get.

Ein the Excitable, Mob Mentality, Titan's Downfall, and Ornerin are still in Misc instead of Events/Festival.
    BoM and SMITE still say (This effect does not stack with other magics.) despite stacking.
    Auto-hit toggle + 5x20 does not work in campaign.
    Button-canceling auto-hit 5x20 does not work. (Toggling auto-hit off works, of course)

Master Ninja Bakku has this text: Whenever a Main Hand or Off Hand Item does damage Master Ninja Bakku does a larger amount of damage
    Claudia Bloodwyn has this text: Whenever a General does damage Claudia does a larger amount of damage (Note: This does not apply to damage mimic abilities)

With Grimborin, the Worldshaper, we now have a main-hand item that mimics. Either Bakku should mimic this mimic, or he needs the same note that Claudia Bloodwyn has appended to his proc text as such:

Whenever a Main Hand or Off Hand Item does damage Master Ninja Bakku does a larger amount of damage (Note: This does not apply to damage mimic abilities)
    Last edited by GriffonSpade; 9th December 2017 at 10:23.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast