Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MP math help please - I think I got screwed over by at least a factor of two

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    If it first rolled the tier with the stated 10/20/30/40 distribution and then the item in the tier (rerolling within the tier), a MP with all but one top row item unique would yield endless free PC after an initial investment. You'd have 10% chance at the red bag once you have all the uniques. The red bag's average value is 75 x .4 + 150 x .3 + 250 x .2 + 1000 x .1 or 287.5 PC. At 10 tries average to get one, you'd spend 150 PC to get those 287.5 PC - a positive expectation.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalain View Post
    If it first rolled the tier with the stated 10/20/30/40 distribution and then the item in the tier (rerolling within the tier), a MP with all but one top row item unique would yield endless free PC after an initial investment. You'd have 10% chance at the red bag once you have all the uniques. The red bag's average value is 75 x .4 + 150 x .3 + 250 x .2 + 1000 x .1 or 287.5 PC. At 10 tries average to get one, you'd spend 150 PC to get those 287.5 PC - a positive expectation.
    Additionally, it would require there to be a non-unique item on every tier. If it worked that way, the game would crash (or at least get stuck in an endless loop) with those relic packs that have all unique items in tiers 1, 2 and 3 and troops in tier 4.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    I know you are just trolling, but whatever. I'm bored at work...

There's just a slight difference between "throw a coin 100 times and tally how many heads you got." and "throw a coin 1 time and add it to an already existing result of 99 tails". Your position requires us to ignore the probability involved with having obtained those 99 consecutive tails. You just want to take them as a given and then say only the last throw matters and it is 50-50 therefore the entire process was 50-50.

Again, I know you're being a massive troll here and I shouldn't feed you, but as I said, I'm bored.

*shrug*
    But who said anything about those two scientific tests before you? Add on, didn't you just say it wasn't 50/50?! Ah, who cares! I am the troll saying flipping a coin does not yield a 50/50 chance for heads or tails!

*shrug*

Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    Ah, who cares!
    Works for me.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123