Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Blue Season's Vine

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    After reading the lore, I have to agree that Lady Vas'ok is an excellent candidate. I still think it could be Tenebra, Shadow Mistress, but I'm leaning more towards Lady Vas'ok.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    This is what I have right now as possibilities:

Music is a wonderful gift, Songstress' Gift or Medea (leaning towards Songstress')
    Though it could not mend his wounded honor, Roland or Hoton (Hoton seems more likely)
    The shields of her order would protect the weak, Aelfthryth or Shield Maiden
    And the glimmer never faded, Ascendant's Raminent Gear
    Their acts would not go unnoticed nor unpunished by the grasp of the heavens, Grim Goddess' Grasp
    The warning signs were before their eyes, red and lethal for all to see but heed the signs they did not.

She had come and none would stand before the shadow. Raid: Lady Vas'ok or Tenebra (Leaning towards Lady Vas'ok)

---

Credit for some of these ideas goes to various players on Solus.

Edit: "The warning signs were before their eyes, red and lethal for all to see but heed the signs they did not." is likely only one line because of the capitalization in the image.
    Last edited by Celebrian; 2nd December 2017 at 07:24.

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrian View Post
    This is what I have right now as possibilities:

Music is a wonderful gift, Songstress' Gift or Medea (leaning towards Songstress')
    Though it could not mend his wounded honor, Roland or Hoton (Hoton seems more likely)
    The shields of her order would protect the weak, Aelfthryth or Shield Maiden
    And the glimmer never faded, Acendant's Raminent Gear
    Their acts would not go unnoticed nor unpunished by the grasp of the heavens, Grim Goddess' Grasp
    The warning signs were before their eyes, red and lethal for all to see but heed the signs they did not.

She had come and none would stand before the shadow. Raid: Lady Vas'ok or Tenebra (Leaning towards Lady Vas'ok)

---

Credit for some of these ideas goes to various players on Solus.
    Shields of her order. Most likely Aelfthryth?
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    Shields of her order. Most likely Aelfthryth?
    Most likely

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Vexanna's lore fits in a way with "Their acts would not go unnoticed nor unpunished by the grasp of the heavens"

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Capadokis View Post
    Vexanna's lore fits in a way with "Their acts would not go unnoticed nor unpunished by the grasp of the heavens"
    Very correct, I doubt she wouldn't be included.
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I was sorta hoping people would've figured it out by now... XD Wishful thinking I guess. :P

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrian View Post
    I was sorta hoping people would've figured it out by now... XD Wishful thinking I guess. :P
    What if we did and aren't telling you?

While it seems as if the last thing remaining to be decoded is, "The warning signs were before their eyes, red and lethal for all to see but heed the signs they did not," it's possible there are two more sources of information. The first is the filename, "RoyallyGrimGift.jpg." The second is the image background; I think the only elements there are the Season's Vine, the mist, and the sun, but it's possible further analysis of the graphic will turn up something. I'd guess the former is more likely than the latter.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Adding few things for the last line.

1. Warning Ring
    ( Doubt it though )

2. Manticore

"According to scholars, when creatures have red flesh it represents a warning from nature that one should stay well clear of them if one wishes to live. No doubt nature intended the fearsome claws, teeth, an barbed tail to provide similar warning signs"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manticore.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	9208

Manticore is also red and quite lethal if you read the description.

3. Thersites' Boots ( Just maybe )

"They say that the tread of Thersites' enchanted boots was as soundless as that of a cat. He would walk amongst his victims like a shadow, his silent footfalls giving no warning of the doom which was about to befall them"

4. Lion's Roar ( Probably silly )

"The imperial legions that conquered parts of West Kruna in ancient times were feared and despised by the native populace. But none instilled so much dread or inspired so much hatred as the Leonine Guard, the empire's elite warriors. The sight of their imposing helms on the battlefield was often enough to break an enemy's morale, even before their lethal blades reddened the ground"

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    keep in mind though that the sentence ends with "but heed the signs they did not" so i think whatever item it is the lore needs to state (or imply) a consequence of a warning that was seen yet not acted upon

Silver Arrow
    I like Lady Vas'ok for the raid, the red warning signs is something I've been trying to find a more concrete mention. Not sure how this would lead to Red Snow, but lore on the Red Snow Axe is closest I've found so far:
    http://dotd.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Snow_Axe

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBishop View Post
    keep in mind though that the sentence ends with "but heed the signs they did not" so i think whatever item it is the lore needs to state (or imply) a consequence of a warning that was seen yet not acted upon

One part of the Lore which might be considered is the Intro to Uncharted Zone. Or pretty much any lore with the sight from Solus. But that zone intro especially.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace_Wolf View Post
    One part of the Lore which might be considered is the Intro to Uncharted Zone. Or pretty much any lore with the sight from Solus. But that zone intro especially.
    i was actually thinking that a couple days ago when the clue was discovered but didnt press on it because i cant think of any specific items that follow the rest of the clue as well

edit: do you think Lucian may be involved? He saw all the signs which included the murder of a man "red and lethal" yet did nothing to stop or even try to prevent further action until the real realm walker showed up

its a stretch though as the Lucian stuff we have is based off the real Lucian while the Lucian in uncharted is merely named after our Lucian

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Can't hang around and check stuff, but stopped by to see if anything happened--WOW, awesome work, Wade!!!

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    What if we did and aren't telling you?

While it seems as if the last thing remaining to be decoded is, "The warning signs were before their eyes, red and lethal for all to see but heed the signs they did not," it's possible there are two more sources of information. The first is the filename, "RoyallyGrimGift.jpg." The second is the image background; I think the only elements there are the Season's Vine, the mist, and the sun, but it's possible further analysis of the graphic will turn up something. I'd guess the former is more likely than the latter.
    That would be hurtful, and mean, and cruel, and hurtful.

*side note* HOLY HANNAH! Some of the emoticons (as I've always referred to them as such, not emojis :P ), are emoticons I used to use on MSN/WLM. -- Good memories.... I miss that program......

*clears throat* Ahem.

I think you may be right about that; the image name itself is interesting, Royal(ly)? King Jamus? Our own bloodline? Grim? Grim news?.... Gift? Guster's Fault? lol....

I'll leave others to ponder this, as my brain is getting mushy from thinking about it too much - I need a bit of a break. ^_^'

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    A couple of things that came to mind:

"The warning signs were before their eyes, red and lethal for all to see but heed the signs they did not."

Mask of the Red Death - "red and lethal" - right in the name. "heed the signs they did not" - having a ball during a plague/having someone attend dressed as an embodiment of that plague

"RoyallyGrimGift.jpg"

1. Mina or Legions of Darkness(raid) - Zone "Crimson Shadows", last part of the Legions of Darkness story: Mina (a baroness/noblewoman) offers you a gift of vampirism.

2. Count Siculus (raid) or (set) - Could refer to Mina getting the same gift as above from Count Siculus (referenced here)

3. Kasan set or King Jamus - Zone 15, last few parts of the Xerkara story: King Jamus bestows the honor of a new bloodline upon you... and it's a pretty grim part of the story (drinking to a dead friend right beforehand... maybe a stretch there).
    Last edited by yruablaze; 3rd December 2017 at 07:40. Reason: fixed a couple links

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    So far, I have tried several different combinations of these ideas and no luck.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I just thought of another possible "RoyallyGrimGift.jpg"

Veil-Walker's Mask - Zone 16, area "The Masks We Wear". The queen gives you this mask, saying "I have a gift for you, pet." It is a symbol of your subservience and the "death of your humanity".

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    I'm stumped. We really could use another hint from Mouse.
    I think we should compile a list of the possible items we have mentioned and playtest them to see if anything pops up.
    Last edited by tyron; 3rd December 2017 at 22:59.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by LyreAB View Post
    The shields of her order would protect the weak
    Maybe the Shield Maiden (dwarf tank troop, quite early)