Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: Patch Notes: November 22nd, 2017

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

Patch Notes: November 22nd, 2017

Scheduled Maintenance

Features

New Treasure Hunt: Season's Journey
    Solve riddles to collect Season's Vines to create the enchanted Season's Journey Off Hand!
    • This weapon is a permanent addition to the game.
    • Hints for this Treasure Hunt can be found on Brown, Grey, Green, Blue and Purple Season's Vines which you can preview from the crafting page.
    • Please be sure to leave your feedback in the forums for the dev team! We'd like to do more of these in the future and want to hear what you have to say about this hunt.

Limited Offers!
    Following the weekly Limited Offer rotation, the following are 20% off until December 1st, 2017.

Tundra Stalker's Gloves (Gloves)
    V.
    The arrow flew true and struck one of the bandits in the throat. He fell to the ground holding his neck as blood gushed forward with a sickening sound. Before the others could react Laurian had readied another shot and aimed it at a new foe. The arrow traveled through the air but its intended target was ready and raised a shield he had kept at his feet. Laurian cursed and took cover behind some snowcapped bushes as the bandits started moving in her direction.
    Attack: 3800
    Defense: 2500
    Frigid Land (Gloves):
    • 10% chance to deal 250,000 damage; Extra 25,000 damage for each unique piece of Tundra Stalker set owned; Extra 40% damage against Winter raids; Increases critical hit chance against Winter raids by 3%; 10% chance to discover a Slush on hit when complete set except Helm, Ring and Mount are worn against non-Guild related Winter raids

Tundra Stalker's Leggings (Pants)
    VI.
    The bandits started looking to where Laurian had fired from and spread out in search of her. She crept, silently as a cat in the snowy bushes and readied another arrow. Waiting for her chance until one of the brutes exposed his back to her and let the arrow fly free. It struck him in the back of the head but she didn't linger to ensure it was a killing blow; the silence that followed the heavy sound of a body hitting the snow was all the confirmation she needed. There were still four left.

No sooner had the thought entered her mind when she heard the whistling of steel singing in the the air and instinctively rolled to the side. A rusted blade cleaved the frozen earth where she had been lying but a moment before and as Laurian rose to her feet she let loose a hasty arrow, striking the bandit in the arm - wounded but not felled. He smiled wickedly through rotten teeth and approached her, sword in hand.
    Attack: 3800
    Defense: 2500
    Frigid Land (Leggings):
    • 10% chance to deal 250,000 damage; Extra 25,000 damage for each unique piece of Tundra Stalker set owned; Extra 40% damage against Winter raids; Increases critical hit chance against Winter raids by 3%; 10% chance to discover a Slush on hit when complete set except Helm, Ring and Mount are worn against non-Guild related Winter raids

Daily Login Update
    In addition to normal items, you'll receive Tracker's Mead Horn x4 in your daily login boxes until December 1st, 2017.

Resource Cooldowns
    Energy timers have been reduced until December 1st, 2017.
    • Energy Timers:
    • Peon - 60
    • Battlemaster - 60
    • Wanderer - 50
    • Adventurer - 60
    • Warlord - 60
    • Worldstrider - 50
    • Champion - 60
    • Warmaster - 60
    • Realmwalker - 55
    • Hero - 60
    • Luminary - 50
    • Immortal - 40
    • Immortal_Drake_Slayer - 40
    • Demigod - 35

Events

Quest Event: Red Hunting Trophy
    For one week only, Frost Wyrm Huscarl's (Zone 6: Bludheim) on Nightmare difficulty will drop Red Hunting Trophy collection items. These collections can be used to create the following new items:
    • Stat Points
    • Jolla II
    • Frida II
    • Braugord the Einherji II
    • Woodland Wisp

Fixes, Known Issues, and Updates
    • Fix - Gate of the Underworld no longer has a loot poster link to Echthros.
    • Fix - Gate of the Underworld should now correctly award SUMMONER exclusive loot if the Summoner simply hits the raid for any damage.

Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Insert your favorite thing]
    I liked it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Maybe we could: [Tell us if you want us to bring this event back, if you think we can do the same thing a new way, etc]

This week I didn't care for: [Insert what you didn't like]
    I didn't like it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Instead, let's: [Tell us how we can improve something like this in the future]

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    So are we still getting a patch on Friday then?

I was hoping for Festival of Drifting Dreams for month of November.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: Powered up version 2.0 for the 3 generals

This week I didn't care for: No eternal dawn chests and no promo codes
    I didn't like it because: Last year on Nov 23 you re-released the endless dawn chests until January and had 3 promo codes getting ready for Winter event
    Last edited by NightHunter; 22nd November 2017 at 21:22. Reason: adding to

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: Quest Event.
    I liked it because: I'm hoping its fun and takes a little while but has a decent reward.
    Maybe we could: Make the reward something besides an offhand? Usually gear needs to all be used for bonuses and I doubt I'll be using this offhand unless it's truely OP.

This week I didn't care for: Lack of a WR for the holiday. Maybe throw one out for holiday weekends, even a retread? (I'd like the ones that open citadel spots that are still locked after 2+ years of playing dotd!)
    I didn't like it because: QE sucks up the E, but that leaves everything else hanging on raids which are becoming rarer it seems.
    Instead, let's: throw down a WR on holidays when ppl have more time to play? Maybe that's just me.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    The patch is today due to Thanksgiving.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Another hunt? WOO!
    A hunt right before you leave? Hilarious!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

World Mender
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Quest Event: Red Hunting Trophy
    For one week only, Frost Wyrm Huscarl's on Nightmare difficulty will drop Red Hunting Trophy collection items. These collections can be used to create the following new items:
    • Stat Points
    • Jolla II
    • Frida II
    • Braugord the Einherji II
    • Woodland Wisp
    Since I had to look it up, I will save other people trouble.

Frost Wyrm Huscarl is the miniboss on Bludheim (quest zone 6).

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ODragon View Post

I have added this info to the patch notes in the forums now to avoid future confusion.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    @Devs

I found something a bit "weird" with Braugord II, but it's probably just intended. No need to look into it. It's nothing of importance. No need to fix anything.

DON'T LOOK INTO IT. It's most likely intended! Don't fix something that isn't broken!

^.^

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHunter View Post
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: Powered up version 2.0 for the 3 generals

This week I didn't care for: No eternal dawn chests and no promo codes
    I didn't like it because: Last year on Nov 23 you re-released the endless dawn chests until January and had 3 promo codes getting ready for Winter event
    pretty sure they just want to wait until after the thanksgiving holiday this Thursday before they officially begin the winter festival (aka dawn's Christmas festival). is consider a bit of a social miss-step to jump over thanksgiving with Christmas in some quarters.

but there is almost no doubt that they will release the current coin chests next week through the end of the holiday season. along with probably a new set to craft even.

think you have made the same mistake you make with the rented ghosts again. the snow man beast pack becomes an annoyance when it comes up. why would you not have both of the mini bosses drop the items?

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    You know, given how frequent the drops drop--I'm not worried about the beastman pack at all. Thanks, devs, for giving us a quest event that's actually able to be completed.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    This week I didn't care for: The treasure hunt
    I didn't like it because: Just like every year, there is no way to complete it unless you have played since the beginning. I've been playing 4 years and I still never have all things needed.
    Instead, let's: Perhaps make different tiers so all players can have a chance at getting something. I'm not sure how that would work. I know a lot of early players get upset when things are made too easy, but making an event unplayable for a large portion of players is also not a great way to keep players happy.
    Last edited by GARZ; 23rd November 2017 at 20:14. Reason: couldn't see everything I posted

Quote Originally Posted by GARZ View Post
    This week I didn't care for: The treasure hunt
    I didn't like it because: Just like every year, there is no way to complete it unless you have played since the beginning. I've been playing 4 years and I still never have all things needed.
    Instead, let's: Perhaps make different tiers so all players can have a chance at getting something. I'm not sure how that would work. I know a lot of early players get upset when things are made too easy, but making an event unplayable for a large portion of players is also not a great way to keep players happy.
    you do realize *all* of the riddle hunts have been permanent additions to the game right? and for all of them the *end* solutions are only premanently freely available items (granted some of them are vexing to get, but they are freely available). [in fairness they goofed on this once and the next patch inserted a troop into the citadel to fix it if remember right]

so yes as a newer player, you may well find some items in the solutions that are going to take some time/effort to get. but you have literally til the game ends to finish them. so even a player starting today can complete any of the riddle hunts in time.

that aside, they could easily have it be instead of 5 craft pieces to make 1 item, it could be 5 craft pieces that each make one item of a set of 5 pieces. so could be making all 5 pieces of a basic armour set say. each piece could have some minor passive like a small boost to attack or defense or perception or such. then all 5 pieces of that set could be crafted into making the actual legendary item. interesting side effect of this is that you would then need to go back and remake the pieces of the set if wanted their minor boosts.

that way they could easily make a couple of the pieces intentionally require very early/easy items and you could feel like have completed part of the hunt at least. it even would allow them to intentionally make one of the pieces super vexing....

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    it is a pity that I can not show a translation in my language in the game or a copier is not possible, so I hardly have a chance to contribute anything ... if I could

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by ODragon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I have added this info to the patch notes in the forums now to avoid future confusion.
    I made this nearly four years ago and had forgotten about it until now. If anyone finds it mildly amusing, mission accomplished!
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Near Wild Things Beset on all side by human infecting the world as we know it.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: Quest event? It was the only event. Nice to bring back something alot of the new players had not seen.
    I liked it because: It gave Questing value, and encouraged positive player interaction.
    Maybe we could:Do this more often? And include two area's?

This week I didn't care for: The lack of Beast events.
    I didn't like it because We worked hard to get the new Beast gear, and there is a lack of runes, and other uses. We should be questing for Citadel scrolls to create Beast runes. We could have a full set of sizes of Beast raids, as I don't think there was value in Talon. Concerned this will go the way of the Beastman stuff, where its not fully developed, and forgotten.
    Instead, let's:The Daily Challenges need an update and with the shorter cool downs it is possible to do an upgrade and summon 20 in 24 hour period.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [New Treasure Hunt; Quest Event: Red Hunting Trophy]
    I liked it because: [New hunt is something that I wanted for a whole year, because previous one was fun; New quest event makes unuseful generals useful again]
    Maybe we could: [Event: Resource Rampage!; Update of the Rising Hero Chest. Something like was in LOTS]

This week I didn't care for: [That this patch notes are too early]
    I didn't like it because: [Normally it is in friday]
    Instead, let's: [I know it is only occasionally, so it is not a big deal]
    World server player

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Good work on quest event: red trophy! apreciated
    Omer's Collar: proof that 5pg does bait and switch. never forget!
    Guster fault: just so you know, 5pg can and will reset or modify our characters whenever they see fit.
    "we'd like you, the community, to decide which Magics should appear on this raid."... uh, huh.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: upgraded generals and a new familiar is ok..... i guess....

This week I didn't care for: Questing
    I didn't like it because: Stop making me quest. I hate it, i hate it everytime. Everytime you do a quest event it makes me hate playing.
    Instead, let's: When you make quest events you make me choose between My BSI and participating in the new content that you work hard to put into the game, please find a way to provide content that doesnt put me on the edge of that choice. Give me a way to quest without gaining XP I'll do it. Give me a general that halves quest XP like Gibbo does for raiding. put drops in questing that yield relevant SP returns..... literally so many possibilities, but instead you roll out content after content in the form of quest events that i hate participating in.

Also announce what area(s) of Blundheim Frost Wyrm Huscarl appears in next time please