Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State of the Game: November 2017

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

State of the Game: November 2017

Introduction
    Welcome to the November 2017 State of the Game post! Today we’ll be primarily reviewing upcoming content for November, so without further delay let’s get to it!

Celebration of the Hunt
    The hounds are anxious and the bowstrings tended to, November heralds the arrival of the Celebration of the Hunt! A month filled with revelry and festivities to celebrate the many beast slayers of West Kruna.

Starting November 10th we’ll be introducing new content that focuses on the Beast raid race. Throughout the month this will include the New Item Pack set: Prey Seeker, lowered cooldown timers, a new world raid and more.

While some of this content will be limited to November there will be new additions (such as new raids) which will be permanent to the game.

Treasure Hunt
    Unfurl your maps and put on your hiking boots, a brand new Treasure Hunt arrives this month!

For those unfamiliar with how the treasure hunt works:
    • A new item of legendary quality will be added to the game.
    • The components used in the creation of this legendary item will have hints written on their descriptions.
    • Players will come together to solve these clues which could include any piece of content in the game! From Quests to Raids and other recipes.
    • Once solved the item shall be yours! Once the drop location and requirements are figured out for each item and acquired you can craft the legendary as usual.

This hunt is being added this month but will be available as a permanent addition to the game. Happy hunting, adventurers!

Event Scheduling
    Starting November off will be the West Kruna Gauntlet. We’ve added three new items to the Gauntlet Shop with this release and have added an additional hour to the West Kruna Gauntlet event as a whole. During this period Daily Logins will contain Gauntlet Strikes and new Daily Assignments will as well.

The Ultimate Loot Lair Event Raid will be returning this month, and as is tradition with Event Raids it will be summoned twice during its respective summon week.

A brand new, beast focused World Raid will arrive this month. While the raid will be thematically appropriate to the Celebration of the Hunt it will be designed in such a way that it could see summons outside of November as well.

And finally we’ll be adding a new Quest Event that thematically ties together with the Celebration of the Hunt near the end of the month.

Office Hours
    As Thanksgiving is nearly upon us the standard build at the end of this month will occur on Wednesday, November 22nd and 5pg offices will be closed on Thursday, November 23rd. Support staff will still be active during this extended week but responses may be slightly delayed.

Happy Thanksgiving, Dragon-Riders!

Raid Cooldowns
    During October we significantly lowered the cooldown of raids from Zone 1 to Zone 10 with additional cooldowns to a few other raids from the Citadel and side zones. We’re very pleased with how these cooldown reductions have been received by the community and what it has done to the overall raid economy.

We have plans to reduce other raid cooldowns as well but likely won’t do any of these (permanent) reductions for November.

In addition to raid cooldowns we’re also looking at Campaigns for potential adjustment. In particular we’re looking at Bastion of Blood, Monsters and Magma, The Grey Death, Giants of Chalua and The Frozen War. We may make additional tweaks to other Campaigns but for now those 5 are our focus.

And while we’re still in the early stages: we’d like to take another look at Citadel build times. Mostly focusing on older sets or army items that have extensive build times which no longer really make sense for their power levels. We will look at component build times (IE Arcane Essence) but those may receive no adjustments - as I said, we haven’t quite gotten to this yet but I wanted to let you know it’s on our radar.

Conclusion
    That concludes the November 2017 State of the Game post! Thank you for taking the time to read it. We’ll see you again for the December SoTG next month.

Until next time, adventurers.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    First! wait is this still a thing?

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Excited for the new World Raid, though I'm disappointed to not see any mention of UI improvements or optimizations, especially to guild-related features like summoning.
    ~Shakezoola ~ ~Immortal~ ~Kronos II~

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Greetings and congratulations to everyone who made it to november. hope the game is still alive in december.
    Omer's Collar: proof that 5pg does bait and switch. never forget!
    Guster fault: just so you know, 5pg can and will reset or modify our characters whenever they see fit.
    "we'd like you, the community, to decide which Magics should appear on this raid."... uh, huh.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    hope there's a surprise prem coming soon. also corrupted erebus, kasan has never seen it

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
    hope there's a surprise prem coming soon. also corrupted erebus, kasan has never seen it

+ in need of new premium

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    hope there's a surprise prem coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitee View Post
    + in need of new premium
    Last premium was Worm-Lord (September 15th -29th) and premium in December is pretty much guaranteed so I'll say only half-premium this month that is connected with Beast raids (because Kiani, Houndmaster, Jorik and Fury are not enough )

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    New questing event immediately makes me grown considering how bad all the October questing events were. questing is not fun and bad for stats.

and while the treasure hunt is kind of cool, my inclination is that only a small fraction of the player base enjoys it and i would guess your efforts are probably better spent elsewhere.

I posted in suggestions also but more raid cooldowns means my summoning tab is more and more congested... would really like a qol upgrade in the form of ability to hide raids or possibly muliple summon tabs so you can arrange raids by usefulness.

otherwise everything else in SotG is ok, thanks for keeping us up to date w/ your plans.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by JiggleTease View Post
    New questing event immediately makes me grown considering how bad all the October questing events were. questing is not fun and bad for stats.

and while the treasure hunt is kind of cool, my inclination is that only a small fraction of the player base enjoys it and i would guess your efforts are probably better spent elsewhere.

I posted in suggestions also but more raid cooldowns means my summoning tab is more and more congested... would really like a qol upgrade in the form of ability to hide raids or possibly muliple summon tabs so you can arrange raids by usefulness.

otherwise everything else in SotG is ok, thanks for keeping us up to date w/ your plans.
    + really wanted to craft that undead legion but simply can't get the ghosts cuz of the low drop rates

Disciple of the Traveller
    can we get access the gauntlet battalions at least the week before the gauntlet? it takes long enough updating them as it is, but to also have that time taken from the gauntlet is really unnecessary. just put a link inside the gauntlet shop to the battalion. if need be put in a warning message to make sure people know it is only for the gauntlet in case someone can't figure that out.

you made the shop accessable outside of the gauntlet, so really not much reason to not do the same with the battalion.

and fix the rented ghost event....

yeah now that some of us have 50+ "personal" raids resetting every 6 hours, we need a means to sort the raid list by AP levels in some way if nothing else. of course it is sad that the focus on cool down adjustments just underscores that there is almost no chance the proper fix of a damage limiting system will even be done.

the number of raids that will defacto become personal raids will just keep growing and they will be seen as more clutter than anything else.

as for the treasure hunt, it is fun for maybe a week I admit, but the reality is after that week or at most 2, the legendary item becomes a cook book recipe found in the wiki or forum posts to make and the "hunt" itself is long forgotten. do wonder if the time might not be better spent elsewhere in the long run. and this is from someone that does actively try to help with the solving, can only imagine what the ones that just wait for the answers think of it.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    can we get access the gauntlet battalions at least the week before the gauntlet? it takes long enough updating them as it is, but to also have that time taken from the gauntlet is really unnecessary. just put a link inside the gauntlet shop to the battalion. if need be put in a warning message to make sure people know it is only for the gauntlet in case someone can't figure that out.
    You keep asking for this and I just cannot figure out why.

How long does it take you to fill your battalion? 72 hours? If it is taking more than 1 hour, something is wrong on your end. Hell, if it takes more than 10 seconds something may be wrong. Auto-fill, while terrible for regular legions actually works quite well for Gauntlet. You might need to manually add a handful of troops or generals due to their ability to boost others. But other than that, just use auto-fill and be done with it. No reason I can fathom that you need access to this early.

*shrug*
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    You keep asking for this and I just cannot figure out why.

How long does it take you to fill your battalion? 72 hours? If it is taking more than 1 hour, something is wrong on your end. Hell, if it takes more than 10 seconds something may be wrong. Auto-fill, while terrible for regular legions actually works quite well for Gauntlet. You might need to manually add a handful of troops or generals due to their ability to boost others. But other than that, just use auto-fill and be done with it. No reason I can fathom that you need access to this early.

*shrug*
    there is lots of players that don't know how to set them up that then end up wasting half the thing with a messed up battalion. know of several that forget to even update them during the event at times.

never mind the few mythical new players we supposedly get.

the main thing is, it is a harmless thing to add in a link to edit the battalion. and one less hassle to deal with during the event. and it is in the same vein as allowing the gauntlet shop to be accessable all the time, it is something you rarely have to spend much time in but it is better now that it is always there.

and to be honest, would prefer it just be opened up a day or two before the gauntlet starts, but that is likely a tech restriction so hence asking to have it accessable a week before.

and a few of us actually try to sort out which generals and troops aren't quite showing up right in the battalion as well. I know there is something screwy with the displayed battalion power, unless it isn't meant to be the average strike damage for instance. every time I check them I end up with a damage range that is -6.5% to +3.5% of the displayed power with an average hit roughly -1.5% below it. been checking this for the last 3 or 4 of them, it has stayed consistent the entire time. would like to figure out if that is actually a display error or it is a calculation error on the back end. trying to move things around to attempt to sort that out is time consuming. considering everyone is assuming the battalion damage is meant to be the average strike damage, something is off. and we know they have goofed several of the scaling items in invasion, so its not like there is not a good chance they have made the same goofs here.

granted, what ever this is, it is staying consistent and scaleing up with the battalion power so it not a major problem, but all the same do have to wonder why it is.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    can we get a reward on old premiums,their MP value vs box drop no longer make any sense compared to the new ones, with the portal like general and troops this old aditions that carried value had ther worth reduced to 0. I want to get all premiums that I missed in the passed but I find it hard to be entushiastic about old premiums due to low power levles. I am ofc super fine with skiping them and saving for the new 10k+ ones, but it just makes little sense adding them to MP, why try for them any more when 3-4 MP's will give you 10k/10k units, sometimes troops. Also I want to bring up end game content, WR's and events are super welcomed but there is a lack of stuff to do passed 2500 or 5k, I believe that there is plenty to do untill luminary, why not make some content for the end game something diffrent super hard and rewarding for high level players. 1 shoting raids and 100T to do in 10 lvls for relatively small rewards are....mmm not exciting... we need more usefull end game content, we alredy maxed troops legions items and camps and there is little else to look forward to, missing 1 item from a set is not a bother when you have much better. So I would like to see some contet tailored for 5k 10k lvl players, a strugle to keep our minds in the game. I picked about 2 years ago another game - a mobile swgoh game- and even now after 2 years I am nit satissfied with the colection. Point is newer players will stay if you give them a challange and old players will stay if they have something to work on, like the new zone, that was awesome and tiered, but mina 3 was added over 1 year ago so many finished nightmare day one and that's it, I like the legendary events and the hunts and would like to see a bunch of such items added to the game, then an event that requires them all or sets/parts of it, requirements that make me go trough the wiki and ask around and force me to engage with the comunity. I like that we still don't have real money only in this game and that we have f2p aspects competing with WR tiers, I like the inclusion but entertainment comes from challanges as well, I would like to see a game mod or event that puts all this together in a friendly way something that luminary's will work for years and immortals months and demigods weeks, It would add some life into the game and keep ppl invested, but most importantly give all players something to look forward to. Dominating teritorys as a guild vs guild would also sound good - made in WR like tiers to get points then make tiers for guilds based on points rather then pvp. just brainstorming but there is so much that can be done. 10% legion boost counts little at level 2500 so that could be quite a reward while lvl 1000 could work on the side and get it sooner, based on SP spent on a stat as entry lvl

Anyways what I'm saying is more end game content please I thin the new guys would hate it but would end up loving it in a year or 2 anyways...it feels like I have worked on my character preparing him for something and now that I took challange after challange I'm a bit stuck on the same lvl as other high lvl players whitout any chalanges left. I still max everything out but end up missing a reason,sometimes I feel like hitting 2 deadlys for the extra sp rather then the WR, but I do it out of habbit rather then need or pleasure

Also you devs seem to be D&D fans why not design a dungeon with 99+ lvls in a similar way as quests is done, with entry on 10 lvls based on stat points in which we don't have a story, reuse artwork, fight things like traps get a small WR like thing at lvl 10 20 ... and just add more stuff there as needed, smething that lvl 1 can do at lvl 1 but that will kill a level 5000 at level 69, with a liniar dificulty between them and unique items that will be required for events in the future, like exchanging an item from a class (scepter of power, scepter of might scepter of defense scepter of light) at the festival for a unique mount or troop and then need that lvl of the troop to get some other item on a diffrent floor, something where secrets could be added, you could give us hints about what flors (10-20 or 50-60) the secret requirement was added. anyways ty for reading, excited about november

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    it is in the same vein as allowing the gauntlet shop to be accessable all the time
    The Gauntlet shop was needed to be accessible after the Gauntlet ended because you got Gauntlet tokens as part of the end loot. That was the primary reason for making the shop available later. That they made it available all the time instead of just for a few days is just gravy.

Your request doesn't fit the same need.

a few of us actually try to sort out which generals and troops aren't quite showing up right in the battalion as well. I know there is something screwy with the displayed battalion power, unless it isn't meant to be the average strike damage for instance. every time I check them I end up with a damage range that is -6.5% to +3.5% of the displayed power with an average hit roughly -1.5% below it. been checking this for the last 3 or 4 of them, it has stayed consistent the entire time. would like to figure out if that is actually a display error or it is a calculation error on the back end. trying to move things around to attempt to sort that out is time consuming.
    This is a completely flawed argument!

Having early access will not help you identify whether changing this general for that one or this troop for that one affects your average hit because you need to actually make hits with each setup!

we know they have goofed several of the scaling items in invasion, so its not like there is not a good chance they have made the same goofs here.
    True, but again, just how much time does it take you to slot someone in and check their effect on the battalion power? Even if you spend the first 6 hours of the event going through every single general and troop you own, you haven't hurt your ability to complete the event. Hell, take 3 full days to do a thorough analysis and you STILL have plenty of time to complete the event!

I really cannot see any valid argument for why you need early access other than simply because you want it. Nothing wrong with wanting early access, but trying to justify it as something that is actually necessary...

*shrug*
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    for gods sake, fix the bloody rented ghosts er drop rate.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    agreed its been a long time since we had a CE. Also to keep Ultimate in its title the ULL needs to be updated and expanded. new items and teirs need to be add to it bringing it into the modern era

Quote Originally Posted by mohawk_cgg View Post
    for gods sake, fix the bloody rented ghosts er drop rate.
    can think of a few easy fixes for the rented ghost event.

1) run it by itself. I still stand by my thoughts that the devs just never ran the numbers considering the other Halloween events. drop the ghostly alchemist and you would add 33% or so to the drop rate of the rented ghosts probably. something similar for converting the hoof and mask drops into ghost drops.

2) since the ghostly alchemist it seems must steal mini boss slots.... why not allow us to convert say 3 ghost tonic potions into a rented ghost?

3) in same vein, why not add rented ghosts as an extra rare drop from the ghost tonic potions. would semi allow year round chances at them and still keep them rare. also would drop off some of the pressure to have to spend massive amounts of energy in a single week.

or just of course you know increase the blasted drop rate to something doable by an average player.

it makes one have to ask a simple question, is the event really running as intended with a near impossible drop rate for a legion that in best cases is fodder and a general that for almost no one would make their legions (certainly not for anyone able to get her fully boosted).

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    amen. my ocd is acting up over this

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    2) since the ghostly alchemist it seems must steal mini boss slots.... why not allow us to convert say 3 ghost tonic potions into a rented ghost?

3) in same vein, why not add rented ghosts as an extra rare drop from the ghost tonic potions. would semi allow year round chances at them and still keep them rare. also would drop off some of the pressure to have to spend massive amounts of energy in a single week.
    This is everything I wanted to say. Crafting from potions, or having them drop from potions, doesn't change a single thing about the theme or mechanics of the event, and gives us a chance to score the items. You could even have a craft where potions are consumed into, say, an upgraded potion that drops them.

snowstar, absolutely fab post.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Than View Post
    This is everything I wanted to say. Crafting from potions, or having them drop from potions, doesn't change a single thing about the theme or mechanics of the event, and gives us a chance to score the items. You could even have a craft where potions are consumed into, say, an upgraded potion that drops them.

snowstar, absolutely fab post.
    + this and make the event longer with higher chance pls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast