Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patch Notes: November, 3rd, 2017

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    On a related note...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Wolpertinger Venom (Magic)
    75 Gauntlet Tokens

Proc: Attacks by any raid member have a 20% chance to deal 15% damage; Extra 70% damage if Death Echo or Deadly Strike is owned; Extra 100% damage if Wolpertinger Venom is owned; Extra 30% damage if Lesser Poison, Poison, Greater Poison, Assassin's Delight or Manticore Venom is owned
    Why word these abilities like that, which is very ambiguous if not outright misleading. Why not word them like this instead...

Extra 30% damage for each of Lesser Poison, Poison, Greater Poison, Assassin's Delight or Manticore Venom owned.

It's only a few characters longer (5 including spaces), but is very clear in meaning.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Why word these abilities like that, which is very ambiguous if not outright misleading. Why not word them like this instead....
    The wording could be clearer, agreed. Will see about updating the Wolpertinger description to better communicate how it benefits from these items. In the past we've done something similar to what you've suggested - Boil for example says: "Extra 10% damage for each of the following Generals owned: Ranina, Laocon's Ghost, Lord Verne, Captain Tiphantes, and First Mate Braeus".

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawk_cgg View Post
    tundra stalkers quiver is missing the new prefix, might confuse some of the slower players
    Items that have been discounted on the first week as LTO have never had the "new" prefix - normally they however had "special" instead of nothing...

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    You offer the new Tundra set but no legion? why mot?

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    • 15% base.
    • 70% if Death Echo is owned and/or Deadly Strike is owned (140% if you own both in this case.)
    • 100% if you own the magic itself (stacking with the above, so now we're at 255% including the 15% base.)
    • 30% for each of those listed poison magic's owned for a total bonus of 150%.

So, if you own all that stuff it comes out to 405% in total.
    1. Only 20% of the above

2. Extra 30% damage if Lesser Poison, Poison, Greater Poison, Assassin's Delight or Manticore Venom is owned

If it is 30% for each of those listed poison magic's owned for a total bonus of 150% above then someone please update that description. Anyone who studied Maths knows that "if A or B or C or D or E then Z", it means that if any of the ABCDE conditions is met, you will have Z. If all 5 conditions met, you still only have Z, not 5Z. Update that description as it is confusing, please.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    On a related note...

Why word these abilities like that, which is very ambiguous if not outright misleading. Why not word them like this instead...

Extra 30% damage for each of Lesser Poison, Poison, Greater Poison, Assassin's Delight or Manticore Venom owned.

It's only a few characters longer (5 including spaces), but is very clear in meaning.
    Exactly

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook

75 Gauntlet Tokens

Proc: Attacks by any raid member have a 20% chance to deal 15% damage; Extra 70% damage if Death Echo or Deadly Strike is owned; Extra 100% damage if Wolpertinger Venom is owned; Extra 30% damage if Lesser Poison, Poison, Greater Poison, Assassin's Delight or Manticore Venom is owned
    Alright, first off, why are you adding bonuses for owning Lesser Poison and Poison? While cute, it doesn't add anything to the game; Don't overcomplicate just for the hell of it, just build it into the base. Also, you forgot Nela's Kiss.

Next, why have you regressed back to punishment magics? Weaker players are only likely to have Lesser Poison and Poison, making this magic 20% for +75% damage, or in other words, a crappy +15% magic. As in something that is obsolete as of about 3 years ago. At a time when most magics start out at 35%+, you're really pushing a magic with only 15% base that is only available from an event?

Why not have it more like this? --

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSpade

75 Gauntlet Tokens

Proc: Attacks by any raid member have a 20% chance to deal 175% damage; Extra 40% damage if Death Echo or Deadly Strike is owned; Extra 60% damage if Wolpertinger Venom is owned; Extra 30% damage if Greater Poison, Assassin's Delight or Manticore Venom is owned
    The only thing it did was built in the 30% from Lesser Poison and Poison, 30% of Death Echo and Deadly Strike, and 40% of Wolpertinger Venom. This would put it at 35% base with exactly the same maximum. Everybody wins instead of a zero sum game.

Next is the new Quadfecta Boost II. It's every bit as useless as the Infantry Plow Boost. (Really? +500/500 for the unique armament with half as much damage factor as relics?) There's just no way another 50% boost can make Quadfecta worthwhile. It now costs 50 gauntlet tokens to make Quadfecta into a legion that is half as powerful of a legion as Quadfecta was when it came out with a 20 token cost.

This, unfortunately, is a pattern I have noticed in events: Instead of bringing out something new that costs the same as the old and is as relatively powerful as the previous rewards in their time, it is assumed we already have every previous reward, and the new reward is a boost that also requires the previous reward. Sometimes the result is as good relatively as previous, sometimes it's worse, sometimes it's better. Almost never does the reward actually reflect that if you don't already have all the previous rewards, it's multiple times harder to get than the previous reward for something that is about the same relative power!

What I'm getting at is this: Don't charge us two-and-a-half times as much for something that's half-as-powerful today (Relatively!) as what you offered before. A Quadfecta III with only +100% legion power over Quadfecta just isn't worth 50 gauntlet tokens, so don't sell a Quadfecta III with only +100% legion power for 50 gauntlet tokens!

Instead, do this: Add a Quadfecta II legion into gauntlet for 20 tokens. (And do rather more than just adding +50% legion power!) Then, add a craft for Quadfecta + Quadfecta Boost = Quadfecta II craft. Then add a Quadfecta III legion into gauntlet for 20 tokens. (Again, do more than adding +100% legion power) Then add a Quadfecta II + Quadfecta Boost II = Quadfecta III craft. Do all this at once.
    This would allow new buy-ins at cost, but also allow people to upgrade from the older to the newer and save 5 tokens per upgrade, so those who already bought the legion and both boosts won't have to spend any more.
    Last edited by GriffonSpade; 8th November 2017 at 06:24.

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Gauntlet Winners (Checked within a couple minutes of end)

DRAGON: WYRM: WHELPLING:
    1 Saint Dorje Enahe
    2 Ghost_Ripper Lisugera DoctorHoo
    3 Banisher DivaKatya MrDrug
    4 BeastModeBob Farmfoot Immortimer
    5 AoH_TPat_CPO Celebrian DarkRyune
    6 Ryan_AWE Dahlen BlueZero
    7 Ady1Kin0Bie Insouciant Alexandra_G4
    8 AOH_Riggs Thorned Dennis
    9 Benny AvatarC Ionu
    10 LaSheeda Skyrie Sanguine

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSpade View Post
    Gauntlet Winners (Checked within a couple minutes of end)

DRAGON: WYRM: WHELPLING:
    1 Saint Dorje Enahe
    2 Ghost_Ripper Lisugera DoctorHoo
    3 Banisher DivaKatya MrDrug
    4 BeastModeBob Farmfoot Immortimer
    5 AoH_TPat_CPO Celebrian DarkRyune
    6 Ryan_AWE Dahlen BlueZero
    7 Ady1Kin0Bie Insouciant Alexandra_G4
    8 AOH_Riggs Thorned Dennis
    9 Benny AvatarC Ionu
    10 LaSheeda Skyrie Sanguine

still don't understand why the final leader board of the gauntlet can't be made accessable from the gauntlet shop until the next gauntlet. would just be a static list generated at the conclusion of the event and then add a link to bring it up. the current code that displays the leader board would work for it most likely.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    still don't understand why the final leader board of the gauntlet can't be made accessable from the gauntlet shop until the next gauntlet. would just be a static list generated at the conclusion of the event and then add a link to bring it up. the current code that displays the leader board would work for it most likely.
    Agreed. We should have some way to see where we finished after the event ends and not have to hope that we didn't get bumped down a bracket in the final moments!
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Can we get a camp CD reduction to 24h?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Camp CD reduction wont make a diffrence unless they do it on CC or BHH. The others are blasted quickly away and barely counts as dumps anymore. Powercreep has been huge lately.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Agreed, CD on old camps changes nothing except faster AP for everyone.
    Anyway up to GOC (maybe except few) most of us already have red AP.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Gauntlet: West Kruna]
    I liked it because: [Good things for free]
    Maybe we could: [Next gauntlet should not have so many new things. A lot of players do not have even all the old ones]

This week I didn't care for: [Relic Pack Update]
    I didn't like it because: [Nothing for me]
    Instead, let's: [-]
    World server player

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12