Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes: October 27th, 2017

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    What about the Jack troop? -Cough- New Z9.# -Cough-
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by blub View Post
    why wasn't ap awarded retroactively for the new zone?
    pretty sure they can't, but in the past when they added new AP tiers, like the red ones, it just took doing one more of the task to make it pick up the new tiers.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Don't like the fact that a reward for a contest is now freely given away. You seem to discount efforts that players put into this game as if it was nothing.

Katrina's powers and origin are mysterious, and her knowledge of events to come has led some to believe
    that she has the gift of prophecy, and others to claim she hails from a far off and undiscovered land of oracles.

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: Quest zone
    I liked it because: It's a Z9.#, so a boost for Jack... Hopefully?
    Maybe we could: Make sure this boosts the Jack troop. We could also...

This week I didn't care for: Quest Zone :0
    I didn't like it because: Mina 3. 16k AP wasted on three things total when you could get a KB [Love me some 150pc]
    Instead, let's: Maybe... Please don't do this again? I'm beggin' ya 5PG. I needs my PC so people can stop saying I break ToS by jokingly asking for PC in WC and then I get yelled out for saying it. [Even though I have the people who say I beg for it muted...]
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Can we get the wr/er that drops stinging scorpion gear b/c a lot of new players need that gear for n'rlux eyes for better drop rate

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    One of the best updates ever. You need to do more of these.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!

Portal time baby!

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by blub View Post
    I'm not sure you understand - the items are requirements for starting the zone. Those of us who have slogged through it all have a huge head start. The only way that folks are going to complete all of them by Monday is by doing truly MASSIVE amounts of questing this weekend. If anything, this increases the value of these items.
    Thanks for making me take another look, Blub. I totally misinterpreted what it said... I've corrected my post.

And for those who get to this point scratching their heads, War Snail, Mina III, and... what's her face are requirements for the three harder levels. When you complete each one, you'll get a guaranteed unique drop upon killing the boss.

Much better than what I first though.
    I thought I was wrong once... but I was mistaken..

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Don't like the fact that a reward for a contest is now freely given away. You seem to discount efforts that players put into this game as if it was nothing.
    From memory that's how it was when originally created - contestants got it immediately for free. Lazy bums had to build it, that was supposed to happen again, then to confuse matters last years was supposed to be entry only.

I have all three of them and it really doesn't bother me that some can get the same boosts that I've had for one and two years particularly as it means tying up a slot for a while. Think of them of the old PC gear that's also available in the citadel

Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    I didn't like it because: Mina 3. 16k AP wasted on three things total when you could get a KB [Love me some 150pc]
    Instead, let's: Maybe... Please don't do this again? I'm beggin' ya 5PG. I needs my PC so people can stop saying I break ToS by jokingly asking for PC in WC and then I get yelled out for saying it. [Even though I have the people who say I beg for it muted...]
    There is a choice in the above, I had Mina 3 from a long while back - and yes she cost a lot of AP - you have a choice to complete the zone instead of taking PC from AP awards or not. What do you get in return a troop & general (that are any/any/any) that add 500 A/D to your all generals and 700 A/D to all troops in your active legion plus a combined passive 30%LP. I've assumed War Snail is free for most, if not all, players but not without a grind.

Given how 5PG could have implemented this, I think they should be applauded for adding extra value to Mina, and those who spent AP to unlock all of the AP zone. Nice work to my mind.
    Last edited by Michaek; 28th October 2017 at 06:58. Reason: added a response to LordRaven

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitee View Post
    what is the drop rate on Rented Ghosts in Vornstaag NM? i can't seem to get any of them and i wasted over 30k energy already
    It's pretty low in my opinion. 13k energy and got 3 ghosts (which is 1 drop). The alchemist was about 50% of the minibosses, so that lowered my changes of getting the troops too. Think he should be removed from appearing in z5 for this week.
    Average energy needed to quest in that zone is 111.5 which means, my drop-rate was 1 out of 116 quest clicks

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I hate this update beause I hate questing and will continue to hate questing until you adjust questing to have comparable SP return to raiding.

Thumbs down from this pleb.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Okay, this week we are missing the following items in the "New" craft-tab:
    Least Ghost (all 4)
    Verna the Ghost Mistress
    Verna the Ghost Mistress Boost
    Verna the Ghost Mistress Boost 2
    Haunts For Hire

I offered you to do this before each patch via PM

My regards,
    Keyki
    Last edited by Keyki; 28th October 2017 at 11:07.
    - Best equipment vs a certain raid type
    - Magic calculator
    - Expedition chances
    - Leveling and Perception summaries (made with the help if LanderZ's data)
    Keyki's Contraptions

Sister of Radiance Achievements's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Only thing I strongly dislike is that you now need to spend AP/PC to continue with other zones. If the items in AP shop would go on a 50% sale one day I'd consider buying them (7500 AP instead of 15000AP required for the two big items is still 112.5 PC, which sounds more affordable than 225 PC!)

I am very happy about new item on new zone. Finally my effort try to get Vex and Mina3 really paid off this time. Any Any Any item is wildcard on many legion that require some weak Race. my legion roughly +3m this update.

What's not love about having a 30,000+/30,000+ troop (just like that) with 15% legion bonus passive and 10,000+/10,000+ gen with 15% legion bonus passive and boost 200 all troop

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    can someone upload them for everyone to see? still can't find pictures of them the gen and troop

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitee View Post
    can someone upload them for everyone to see? still can't find pictures of them the gen and troop
    http://mutik.erley.org/enc/#task=upd_2017-10-27

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: New zone
    I liked it because: Nice new stuff to farm for
    Maybe we could: Not require AP to unlock it or make Crimson Shadows or Mina III cheaper to unlock

This week I didn't care for: Quest event
    I didn't like it because: Drop rate is horrible
    Instead, let's: Increase the drop rate and not have the event when another quest event is running

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Fav this week: New zone and rewards. TY.

Worst: Quest Event. Done badly. Same as last time despite complaints. Drop rates should be increased or other drops eliminated so as all can enjoy.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Kick **** updates back to back! Great job listening to the community and thank you for your hard work and dedication to a game we love and enjoy!

My very favorite thing about this week's update is:
    More raids at 6hr cd/ and new zone has a lot of very great free rewards!
    I liked it because: helps people farm ap better and gives good free items to reward time/effort in the game.
    Maybe we could: move rented ghost craft to new tab (still in event tab), put rented ghost in the new zone too where the other ghost event isn't so drop rate is better there / add a raid like yule tide to help with these drops through the year. (or add as a rare drop to elite alchemist raid)

This week I didn't care for: all the whining in wc over rented ghost drop rates - looks at Vash
    I didn't like it because: this is one of the best updates!
    Instead, let's: just pass on our suggestion to make great updates even better in this format provided in the patch notes, and truck on.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: New quest zone
    I liked it because: New items

This week I didn't care for: Vexanna requirement to proceed in new quest zone.
    I didn't like it because: Vexanna material Shadow Elf Wrappings has insanly low drop rates which is why i gave up on her in the first place!!!
    Instead, let's: either not use such difficult items as a requirement, or stop making drop rates of certain items so low. I have spent way too much energy trying to get those glove.. i'm about to give up on it again.. (Still only have 5 of them!!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast