Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patch Notes: October 27th, 2017

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    yeah the rented ghosts have always been super stingy. not sure why they have them set to such low drop rates. think is the only questing event that I have been around for that I didn't easily complete with extras by the end of it. still don't have the second boost yet from last year even.
    After 6 years of every day playing and always actively participation in this event I still don't have enough rented ghosts to craft enough leased ghosts even for the first bonus! 1 year ago I crafted the general, barely succeed!
    In these 2 days I replayed whole zone several times and got only few rented ghosts! WTF is going on?! 6 years and I cannot craft even the legion?! First one?! I always have damn bad luck, but this is too much even for me!

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by IllisShaki View Post
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: New quest zone
    I liked it because: New items

This week I didn't care for: Vexanna requirement to proceed in new quest zone.
    I didn't like it because: Vexanna material Shadow Elf Wrappings has insanly low drop rates which is why i gave up on her in the first place!!!
    Instead, let's: either not use such difficult items as a requirement, or stop making drop rates of certain items so low. I have spent way too much energy trying to get those glove.. i'm about to give up on it again.. (Still only have 5 of them!!)
    umm the "legendary" items are supposed to be kind of hard to get in the first place.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogall View Post
    It's pretty low in my opinion. 13k energy and got 3 ghosts (which is 1 drop). The alchemist was about 50% of the minibosses, so that lowered my changes of getting the troops too. Think he should be removed from appearing in z5 for this week.
    Average energy needed to quest in that zone is 111.5 which means, my drop-rate was 1 out of 116 quest clicks
    The drop rate is very low and hurt further by being only one of four concurrently running miniboss events (ghosts, hoof prints, masks, alchemist) in that zone. It's a problem found throughout the month, all the quest events are focused in a very few zones so each of those has multiple events running. Those event drops end up competing with each other with the player as the potential loser.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Simply put: I adore this new update. I'm just flabbergasted. Thank you for all the neat little things you put into it.

Lastly, please fix the rented/leased ghosts event. The drop rate is ludicrous, and always has been. Just make them fall.

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by IllisShaki View Post
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: New quest zone
    I liked it because: New items

This week I didn't care for: Vexanna requirement to proceed in new quest zone.
    I didn't like it because: Vexanna material Shadow Elf Wrappings has insanly low drop rates which is why i gave up on her in the first place!!!
    Instead, let's: either not use such difficult items as a requirement, or stop making drop rates of certain items so low. I have spent way too much energy trying to get those glove.. i'm about to give up on it again.. (Still only have 5 of them!!)
    I rather grind for a second Vex than waste 1 and a half KBs.
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Don't like the fact that a reward for a contest is now freely given away. You seem to discount efforts that players put into this game as if it was nothing.
    They didn't even announce those contests in game so many people didn't know about them until it was too late. You ***** about the stupidest crap.

Disciple of the Traveller
    one, seeing as we have the gauntlet back next week, I have to once again ask why do you not allow us to update out battalions at least the week before the gauntlet? would easy to put a button inside the gauntlet shop to access the battalion for editing would think. ideally don't see any reason why it shouldn't be accessable all the time, but the week before would give players time to poke around and update it before it starts.

two, why not add the rented ghosts as rare drops from the ghost master's tonic? it does fit in with the theme of it dropping ghosts. and it even would semi make up for the detail that the alchemist mini boss distracts from the chance to get the rented ghosts. also would be a simple way to at least be able to claim the rented ghosts are available year round.
    [curious does mathias or any other troop summoner summon the rented ghosts?]

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    I think since most people came too late or were not around for training ground scroll 2, you need to have that event again otherwise it is pointless to have a crafting behind an event that doesn't happen once or twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGStriker View Post
    After 6 years of every day playing and always actively participation in this event I still don't have enough rented ghosts to craft enough leased ghosts even for the first bonus! 1 year ago I crafted the general, barely succeed!
    In these 2 days I replayed whole zone several times and got only few rented ghosts! WTF is going on?! 6 years and I cannot craft even the legion?! First one?! I always have damn bad luck, but this is too much even for me!
    Totaly have to agree. The drop rates er just way to low.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Am I the only one who couldn't get any Vornstaag minibosses to drop the rented or leased troops? I dumped over 10k energy on all levels (per current statement and past statement) and nothing. What is the deal?

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottava View Post
    Am I the only one who couldn't get any Vornstaag minibosses to drop the rented or leased troops? I dumped over 10k energy on all levels (per current statement and past statement) and nothing. What is the deal?
    Maybe you have stealth turned on

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    I only hit the last area on nightmare (for AP), but I have gotten leased troops. I haven't tested any other area or difficulty though.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Didn't get even one single rented ghost in whole quest zone replayed (once and once and once and... again)!
    WTF?!

And this event is only once in an year?!

We can't get enough damn ghosts before we retire (in real life)!

Improve loot chance or make these rented f**ng ghost more than once!

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    I haven't tested any other area or difficulty though.
    Other areas of this zone works (I think years ago I read somewhere that other areas have higher chance to drop different ghosts) but I don't think non-nightmare difficulty works because banner says Nightmare mini boss drop

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayah View Post
    I don't think non-nightmare difficulty works because banner says Nightmare mini boss drop
    Fair enough.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Maybe you have stealth turned on
    Clearly not. I hit dozens of minibosses. Why such a disrespectful response, especially from a moderator? Have the rules suddenly disappeared?

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Clearly not. I hit dozens of minibosses. Why such a disrespectful response, especially from a moderator? Have the rules suddenly disappeared?
    Sorry for being disrespectful. I thought you didn't get any mini-boss encounters in the zone.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Sorry for being disrespectful. I thought you didn't get any mini-boss encounters in the zone.
    To be fair your response was not disrespectful but kudos for apologizing none the less. I commend you for your offering a possible solution to the poster's problem - and checking if stealth is on is a very real and valid suggestion. Especially since the poster didn't say they hit tons of mini-bosses, just "and nothing." This is similar to I.T. asking if you tried restarting your computer yet, and is a helpful gesture that often is a very real solution.

I seriously doubt in 10k energy not one dropped, but that the fact that rented ghosts are located in the Event craft tab; and have to be searched is the issue (that devs did not move it to the new tab for the event so it is readily accessible). People see leased ghost in the new tab and think that is the drop, but rented ghosts have to be crafted into leased ghosts.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    This event should be continued and fixed. We are encountering lot of alchemist minibosses, which are giving only tonic, also other minibosses gives lot of useless (now) masks and green hoofs. Too much miniquests at same time, in same zone! So as most people here I failed again to get enough rented ghost to upgrade even the legion! And of course it is not possibe to get enough to upgrade Verna, even for first bonus!
    Devs, please listen to us and don't let us wait for another year! And if there is another item to be crafted with leased ghosts - we are finished!

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Zone 9.10: Hymn of the Bell; Gate of the Underworld; ]
    I liked it because: [Awesome troop & general; good boosting and upgrading things on useful]
    Maybe we could: [-]

This week I didn't care for: [Pumpkin' Pickings]
    I didn't like it because: [A lot of players had a lot of work to get this familiars in the past. So now it looks like they did their works for nothing. Now this familiars are not so special, they are common and for free for everyone]
    Instead, let's: [Next competition should contains also PC, so atleast contestants will get something, that will not get anybody in future for free. Their creations will be evaluated]
    World server player

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123