Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes: October 27th, 2017

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

Patch Notes: October 27th, 2017

Scheduled Maintenance

Features

Zone 9.10: Hymn of the Bell
    "Helsyph's gate only opens for those souls who are truly worthy of her honors."
    • New, one area zone (aka Minizone)
    • Unlocked by defeating Lost in Zone 9.9 on Normal difficulty
    • Hard difficulty requires the Legendary item Vexanna, and has a guaranteed drop off the final boss that is unique to this zone and difficulty
    • Legendary difficulty requires the Legendary item Mina von Richten III, and has a guaranteed drop off the final boss that is unique to this zone and difficulty
    • Nightmare difficulty requires the Legendary item War Snail, and has a guaranteed drop off the final boss that is unique to this zone and difficulty
    • One new raid comes from completing this zone on Normal difficulty: Gate of the Underworld

Name Size Race Max Players Magics Timer Cooldown Raid Health Stat Swap Loot
    Gate of the Underworld Epic Undead, Magical Creature 250 5 96 48 Normal: 200,000,000,000,000 N/A Common: Brown Portal Essence, Grey Portal Essence
    Hard: 250,000,000,000,000 Uncommon: Green Portal Essence, Blue Portal Essence
    Legendary: 325,000,000,000,000 Rare: Purple Portal Essence, Orange Portal Essence
    Nightmare: 520,000,000,000,000 Epic: Brown Portal Essence, Grey Portal Essence, Green Portal Essence, Blue Portal Essence, Purple Portal Essence, Orange Portal Essence, Red Portal Essence
    Summoner: Red Portal Essence
    This raid has a cooldown of 24 hours until November 3rd to celebrate its release!

Limited Offers!
    Following the weekly Limited Offer rotation, the following are 20% off until November 3rd, 2017.

Eska Rune (Enchant)

• Adds a bonus of 1,000-1,200 to Item's Attack, Defense, and Perception; 25% chance to deal 35,000 Damage; Extra 90,000 damage against Undead raids

Nakkah Rune (Enchant)

• Adds a bonus of 1,000-1,200 to Item's Attack, Defense, and Perception; 25% chance to deal 35,000 Damage; Extra 90,000 damage against Guild raids

Permanent Cooldown Reductions II
    The following raids have had their cooldowns permanently reduced to six (6) hours.
    • Thaltherda the Sea-Slitherer
    • The Baroness
    • Hurkus the Eviscerator
    • Malleus Vivorum
    • Yydian's Sanctuary
    • Kr'xunara of the Bloody Waves
    • Clockwork Dragon

Pumpkin' Pickings
    The following Familiars have been added to Pet Emporium Scroll 3:
    • Pumpkin Prize Familiar
    • Pumpkin Prize II

Magic Caster Names
    Now when you hover your mouse over a Magic on a raid you can see the caster's name right below the magic's name.
    NOTE: In some cases this may only work for newly summoned raids since the update went live.

Mystery Pack Update
    The Mystery Pack has been updated with the following items.
    Tier 1 Type
    Enigmatic Enigma Consumable
    Inspire Magic
    Phoenix Lord Ah’kesh General
    Forge General
    March of the Phoenix Legion
    The Reclaimers Legion
    Charms of the Devoted Support
    Tier 2 Type
    Mysterious Mystery Consumable
    Blast Furnace Mount Mount
    Phoenix Lord's Phoenix Mount
    Phoenix Lord’s Right Talon Main Hand
    Blast Furnace Blade Main Hand
    Phoenix Lord’s Left Talon Off Hand
    Blast Furnace Bow Off Hand
    Tier 3 Type
    Phoenix Lord’s Visor Helmet
    Blast Furnace Head Helmet
    Phoenix Lord’s Heart Chest
    Blast Furnace Chest Chest
    Phoenix Lord’s Gloves Gloves
    Blast Furnace Hands Gloves
    Phoenix Lord’s Cuisses Pants
    Tier 4 Type
    Blast Furnace Legs Pants
    Phoenix Lord’s Greaves Boots
    Blast Furnace Feet Boots
    Phoenix Lord’s Signet Ring
    Blast Furnace Ring Ring
    Phoenix Supplicant Troop
    Blast Furnace Troop

Events

Rented Ghosts: Quest Event
    For one week only the Rented Ghosts event is available in Vornstaag! This year we've added two new recipes:
    • Verna the Ghost Mistress Boost III
    • Haunts for Hire II

Legendary Necklace!

Charm of the Night (Neck)
    “Filled with the promises of dark delights and terrifying nights.” --Inscription on the back of this heavy pendant
    Attack: 4,000
    Defense: 3,000
    Terror of the Night:
    • 15% chance to deal 30% damage against Undead raids; 10% chance to discover a Forgotten Gravestone on hit against non-Compaign Undead raids; Each attack has a chance to trigger a second attack against Undead raids without additional cost while worn (this effect does not function if Haste is applied to the raid)
    • The Charm of the Night Neck slot legendary can now be crafted! This is a new craft for 2017 which will require items only available during the month of October each year. Crafts are available until November 3rd, 2017!
      • Brown Restless Soul may drop from Lord Xax'zisz on Nightmare difficulty.
      • Grey Restless Soul may drop from Lost on Nightmare difficulty.
      • Green Restless Soul can drop from minibosses within the Lost Things Zone (Zone 9.9) on Nightmare difficulty.
      • Blue Restless Soul can drop from minibosses within the Pumpkin Nightmares Zone (Zone 9.8) on Nightmare difficulty.
      • Purple Restless Soul can be crafted using Fodder x5, Arcane Essence x5, Arcane Oil x5, Xessus Mask x5, Brown Burning Hoof Print x5, Blue Burning Hoof Print x5
      • Orange Restless Soul can be crafted using Bloodthirst Potion x5, Ironhide Potion x5, Zombie Mask x5, Chieftain Horgrak Mask x5, Utym Mask x5, Z'ralk'thalat Mask x5

Quest Event: Ghostly Alchemist!
    For the remainder of October (until Maintenance on November 3rd, 2017) the Ghostly Alchemist miniboss can appear in the following zones on Nightmare only:
    • Zone 5, Vornstaag
    • Zone 9.5, Peril of the Pumpkin Patch
    • Zone 9.6, Tales from the Pumpkin Patch
    • Sanguine Stories

Now features a new recipe for 2017: Elite Ghostly Alchemist!
    Name Size Race Max Players Magics Timer Cooldown Raid Health Stat Swap Loot
    Elite Ghostly Alchemist Small Elite 75 5 96 48 HP: 350,000,000,000,000 N/A Common: Stats

Ghastly Attire
    Old masks from previous Halloween events are available from the Bazaar until November 3rd, 2017.

Spectral Threads
    Four brand new Halloween masks are available from the Bazaar until November 3rd, 2017!

These masks can be used to craft the Tactics of the Mask I which increases your Legion Power Bonus by 10%.

Death Rides Again
    • Jack's Grim Steed is once again available to be crafted! Available until November 3rd, 2017!
      • Caracalla Mask can drop from Hurkus the Eviscerator (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty
      • Frogman-Assassin Mask can drop from Jack (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty
      • Lyrpan Mask can drop from Vornstaag minibosses on Nightmare difficulty
      • Sluriasma Mask can drop from Peril of the Pumpkin Patch minibosses on Nightmare difficulty
      • Vhaliribdis Mask can drop from Tales from the Pumpkin Patch minibosses on Nightmare difficulty
      • Z'ralk'thalat Mask can drop from Count Siculus' Phantom (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty

• Jack's Grim Steed can be upgraded to Jack's Nightmare Steed by acquiring Burning Hoof Prints. Available until November 3rd, 2017.
      • Brown Burning Hoof Print can drop from Jack (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty
      • Grey Burning Hoof Print can drop from Jack's Revenge (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty
      • Green Burning Hoof Print can drop from Vornstaag minibosses on Nightmare difficulty
      • Blue Burning Hoof Print can drop from Peril in the Pumpkin Patch minibosses on Nightmare difficulty
      • Purple Burning Hoof Print can drop from Apocolocyntosised Demon (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty

• In addition, Jack's Nightmare Steed can be upgraded to Jack's Deathly Steed by acquiring 3 special Masks and existing Hoof Prints. Available until November 3rd, 2017.
      • Abyss Mask can drop from Jormungan the Sea-Storm (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty
      • Way Warden Mask can drop from Way Warden (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty
      • Utym Mask can drop from Sanguine Stories minibosses on Nightmare difficulty

• You can craft the Jack's Dead Steed! Also available until November 3rd, 2017.
      • Fodder (crafted from the Citadel Pet Emporium)
      • Brown Burning Hoof Print (Jack (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty)
      • Grey Burning Hoof Print (Jack's Revenge (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty)
      • Jack's Deathly Steed

Jack's Cooldown
    The following raids have had their cooldown timers reduced to 24 hours until November 3rd, 2017.
    • Jack
    • Jack's Revenge

Siculus and Lost Cooldown
    The following raids have had their cooldown timers reduced to 24 hours until November 3rd, 2017.
    • Count Siculus' Phantom
    • Lost

Sugar Rush
    For one week only Candy Corn, Bright Orange Candy and Pumpkin Candy have been added to the daily login boxes! You'll receive one of each of these alongside your other normal daily login items.

Fixes, Known Issues, and Updates
    • Fix - The following items have been added to the buff display panel: Thayne of the Eternal Dawn, Bone Amalgamation, Ser Calith, Warlock, Jorik Trophytaker, Scepter of Rassys, Golden Pitchfork

Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Insert your favorite thing]
    I liked it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Maybe we could: [Tell us if you want us to bring this event back, if you think we can do the same thing a new way, etc]

This week I didn't care for: [Insert what you didn't like]
    I didn't like it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Instead, let's: [Tell us how we can improve something like this in the future]

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    To reiterate my comment from last week:

:O

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Love it!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    seems like dotd is moving slowly toward the right path
    if only we could get some items like the crit mounts etc buyable in some form ( wich is not another chest xD)
    and other stuff cuz for players like me who returned after the crit mounts were here it means beeing stuck without the trillion crit builds xD

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Very nice. Two thumbs up!
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Great update, no complaints here!
    ~Shakezoola ~ ~Immortal~ ~Kronos II~

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    You forgot to add AP to the new zone.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: The additional requirements for quest zone. Nice!
    I liked it because: Makes questing a bit harder, with better rewards!
    Maybe we could: Find a way to stop 1shotting small raids? Short cd is nice, but...

This week I didn't care for: The comment below me.
    I didn't like it because: It was slower than mine.
    Instead, let's: Can we make questing more rewarding? More hard legendary items? Like Vexanna^2?

Quote Originally Posted by Kegfarms View Post
    You forgot to add AP to the new zone.
    Checking it out now, thanks for the report.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    what is the drop rate on Rented Ghosts in Vornstaag NM? i can't seem to get any of them and i wasted over 30k energy already

World Mender
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitee View Post
    what is the drop rate on Rented Ghosts in Vornstaag NM? i can't seem to get any of them and i wasted over 30k energy already
    Yeah, I also ran about that much and got none...

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitee View Post
    i think i did the event 2 times already ( 2 years ? )and still far from half completing the craft

Achievement issue should now be fixed. Happy slaying!

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Oh, very nice! Baroness cooldown reduced!

Rather wish the rented ghosts dropped off NM z9.10, though.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Achievement issue should now be fixed. Happy slaying!
    Will it register on the 2nd run or at the 5th? Since one way would mean we would get less AP overall.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    what is the drop rate on Vhaliribdis Mask from Tales from the pumpin patch- spend more than 70K Energy and NOONE.... ( NM diff...?)

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Like: Additional reduced CD raids, caster names on magic (so I can find mine on guild raids or know who to bark at for others ), and new pet citadel items.

Don't like:
    Hard difficulty requires the Legendary item Vexanna, and has a guaranteed drop off the final boss that is unique to this zone and difficulty
    Legendary difficulty requires the Legendary item Mina von Richten III, and has a guaranteed drop off the final boss that is unique to this zone and difficulty
    Nightmare difficulty requires the Legendary item War Snail, and has a guaranteed drop off the final boss that is unique to this zone and difficulty
    Way to cheapen Vexanna, Mina III, and War Snail! Much as I hated slogging through raids, quests, and puzzles for craftables, it was a worthy goal. Now everyone can just forget it.... you'll have it by Monday. Why not drop some of the crafting items you need instead?

Move that back up to the "Likes"... I misread that as saying that you'd get those items when you completed the zone and difficulty. I did NOT read it as saying that each difficulty level has a guaranteed unique drop when you beat the boss.

Need... more... Dew....
    Last edited by Franky Lambretta; 28th October 2017 at 03:00. Reason: Correcting my misunderstanding
    I thought I was wrong once... but I was mistaken..

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    why wasn't ap awarded retroactively for the new zone?

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Lambretta View Post
    Like: Additional reduced CD raids, caster names on magic (so I can find mine on guild raids or know who to bark at for others ), and new pet citadel items.

Don't like: Way to cheapen Vexanna, Mina III, and War Snail! Much as I hated slogging through raids, quests, and puzzles for craftables, it was a worthy goal. Now everyone can just forget it.... you'll have it by Monday. Why not drop some of the crafting items you need instead?
    I'm not sure you understand - the items are requirements for starting the zone. Those of us who have slogged through it all have a huge head start. The only way that folks are going to complete all of them by Monday is by doing truly MASSIVE amounts of questing this weekend. If anything, this increases the value of these items.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Tudi View Post
    i think i did the event 2 times already ( 2 years ? )and still far from half completing the craft
    yeah the rented ghosts have always been super stingy. not sure why they have them set to such low drop rates. think is the only questing event that I have been around for that I didn't easily complete with extras by the end of it. still don't have the second boost yet from last year even.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast