Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes: October 13th, 2017

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

Patch Notes: October 13th, 2017

Features

Special Troop: Sir Heinrich von Malhaven
    Until October 20th, 2017 this special troop is available for purchase for 50 Planet Coins!
    Sir Heinrich von Malhaven (Unique Troop - Undead, Any, Any)
    While reclusive and aloof, the Malhaven family is a proud and well known vampire lineage that has spanned many life times. Though most Malhavens prefer a life of luxury and vampiric political intrigue, some never lost their lust to brandish cold steel on the field of battle.
    Attack: 2,500
    Defense: 3,000
    Crimson Honor:
    • 10% chance to deal 200,000 damage; Extra 25,000 damage for each Undead troop owned; Extra 200,000 damage against Undead raids; Gains 300 Attack and Defense for each Undead essence owned; Chance to discover a Tombstone on hit against non-Guild Undead raids

Limited Offers!
    Following the weekly Limited Offer rotation, the following are 20% off until October 20th, 2017.
    Wretched Ring (Ring)
    9. Eventually, only the Champion of Dawn resided in that desolate country. Not even ghosts remained.

Although Putrefaction's power granted the man strength and extended his life, it could not stave off death itself. No one knows exactly how long that twisted being lasted, but when explorers returned centuries later they found his skeletal remains sitting on the desolated throne.

Unsurprisingly, the armor made from Putrefaction's remains was just as strong as the day it was created. No one has dared to wear it since.

Until now.
    Attack: 2,900
    Insidious Corruption:
    • 10% chance to deal 50,000 damage; Extra 10,000 damage for each unique piece of Putrefaction set owned; Extra 32% damage against Guild raids; Increases Player's Honor by 190

Forgotten Knight Set
    Until October 20th, 2017 the Relic Pack has been replaced with the Forgotten Knight set! These items cost 25 Planet Coins and the pack utilizes New Item Pack rules meaning you won't receive duplicates until you own everything from the chance buy phase.
    Tier 1 Type
    Sands of Eternity Legion
    Ser Calith General
    Forgotten Knight’s Valor Mount
    Tier 2 Type
    Forgotten Knight’s Justice Main Hand
    Forgotten Knight’s Wrath Off Hand
    Forgotten Knight’s Memory Helmet
    Tier 3 Type
    Forgotten Knight’s Soul Chest
    Forgotten Knight’s Grasp Gloves
    Forgotten Knight’s Journey Pants
    Tier 4 Type
    Forgotten Knight’s Stride Boots
    Forgotten Knight’s Pact Ring
    Risen Bannerman Troop

Black Cat
    No ill omens here, adventurers! The Black Cat familiar is available from the Bazaar until November 3rd, 2017.

Promo Code
    The following code is valid until October 20th, 2017.
    • OCT17MUSH (Awards: 2 Green Mushroom, 2 Mushroom of Grand Defense)

Events
    New Legendary Necklace!

Charm of the Night (Neck)
    “Filled with the promises of dark delights and terrifying nights.” --Inscription on the back of this heavy pendant
    Attack: 4,000
    Terror of the Night:
    • 15% chance to deal 30% damage against Undead raids; 10% chance to discover a Forgotten Gravestone on hit against non-Compaign Undead raids; Each attack has a chance to trigger a second attack against Undead raids without additional cost while worn (this effect does not function if Haste is applied to the raid)
    • The all new Charm of the Night Neck slot legendary can now be crafted! This is a new craft which will require items only available during the month of October each year. Crafts are available until November 3rd, 2017!
      • Brown Restless Soul may drop from Lord Xax'zisz on Nightmare difficulty.
      • Grey Restless Soul may drop from Lost on Nightmare difficulty.
      • Green Restless Soul can drop from minibosses within the Lost Things Zone (Zone 9.9) on Nightmare difficulty.
      • Blue Restless Soul can drop from minibosses within the Pumpkin Nightmares Zone (Zone 9.8) on Nightmare difficulty.
      • Purple Restless Soul can be crafted using Fodder x5, Arcane Essence x5, Arcane Oil x5, Xessus Mask x5, Brown Burning Hoof Print x5, Blue Burning Hoof Print x5
      • Orange Restless Soul can be crafted using Bloodthirst Potion x5, Ironhide Potion x5, Zombie Mask x5, Chieftain Horgrak Mask x5, Utym Mask x5, Z'ralk'thalat Mask x5

Castle Mandrake Event Raid Chain!
    Warriors wanted! Dead or alive. Siege expertise preferred but not essential. Must be willing to fight alongside bands of undead, whilst battling larger hordes of undead." -- A notice circulated in numerous towns and cities, accompanied by helpful woodcut illustrations for the benefit of the illiterate
    This is a series of 24 hour, timed event raids which will be summoned on different days.
    Castle Mandrake raids are categorized as Colossal, Siege, Undead.

Castle Mandrake - Phase I
    Summoned Monday, October 16th.
    • On Hit Drops: Brown, Grey, Green, Blue, Purple, and Orange Skeleton Arm, Flesh Golem Archer, Skeleton Swordsman, Headless Horseman
    • Common Loot: Brown and Grey Skeleton Arm
    • Uncommon Loot: Green and Blue Skeleton Arm
    • Rare Loot: Purple and Orange Skeleton Arm
    • Epic Loot: Field Rations (Poor), Field Rations (Moderate), Field Rations (Excellent)
    • This raid also contains guaranteed drops as you make your way up the Loot Tiers.

Castle Mandrake - Phase II
    Summoned Tuesday, October 17th.
    • On Hit Drops: Brown, Grey, Green, Blue, Purple, and Orange Skeleton Arm, Osteo Engineer
    • Epic Loot: Field Rations (Poor), Field Rations (Moderate), Field Rations (Excellent)
    • This raid also contains guaranteed drops as you make your way up the Loot Tiers.

Castle Mandrake - Phase III
    Summoned Wednesday, October 18th.
    • On Hit Drops: Brown, Grey, Green, Blue, Purple, and Orange Skeleton Arm

Castle Mandrake - Phase IV
    Summoned Thursday, October 19th.
    • On Hit Drops: Brown, Grey, Green, Blue, Purple, and Orange Skeleton Arm, Flesh Golem Archer, Skeleton Swordsman, Headless Horseman, Osteo Engineer

Quest Event: Ghostly Alchemist!
    For the remainder of October (until Maintenance on November 3rd, 2017) the Ghostly Alchemist miniboss can appear in the following zones on Nightmare only:
    • Zone 5, Vornstaag
    • Zone 9.5, Peril of the Pumpkin Patch
    • Zone 9.6, Tales from the Pumpkin Patch
    • Sanguine Stories

Now features a new recipe: Elite Ghostly Alchemist!
    Name Size Race Max Players Magics Timer Cooldown Raid Health Stat Swap Loot
    Elite Ghostly Alchemist Small Elite 75 5 96 48 HP: 350,000,000,000,000 N/A Common: Stats

Ghastly Attire
    Old masks from previous Halloween events are available from the Bazaar until November 3rd, 2017.

Spectral Threads
    Four brand new Halloween masks are available from the Bazaar until November 3rd, 2017!

These masks can be used to craft the Tactics of the Mask I which increases your Legion Power Bonus by 10%.

Death Rides Again
    • Jack's Grim Steed is once again available to be crafted! Available until November 3rd, 2017!
      • Caracalla Mask can drop from Hurkus the Eviscerator (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty
      • Frogman-Assassin Mask can drop from Jack (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty
      • Lyrpan Mask can drop from Vornstaag minibosses on Nightmare difficulty
      • Sluriasma Mask can drop from Peril of the Pumpkin Patch minibosses on Nightmare difficulty
      • Vhaliribdis Mask can drop from Tales from the Pumpkin Patch minibosses on Nightmare difficulty
      • Z'ralk'thalat Mask can drop from Count Siculus' Phantom (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty

• Jack's Grim Steed can be upgraded to Jack's Nightmare Steed by acquiring Burning Hoof Prints. Available until November 3rd, 2017.
      • Brown Burning Hoof Print can drop from Jack (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty
      • Grey Burning Hoof Print can drop from Jack's Revenge (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty
      • Green Burning Hoof Print can drop from Vornstaag minibosses on Nightmare difficulty
      • Blue Burning Hoof Print can drop from Peril in the Pumpkin Patch minibosses on Nightmare difficulty
      • Purple Burning Hoof Print can drop from Apocolocyntosised Demon (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty

• In addition, Jack's Nightmare Steed can be upgraded to Jack's Deathly Steed by acquiring 3 special Masks and existing Hoof Prints. Available until November 3rd, 2017.
      • Abyss Mask can drop from Jormungan the Sea-Storm (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty
      • Way Warden Mask can drop from Way Warden (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty
      • Utym Mask can drop from Sanguine Stories minibosses on Nightmare difficulty

• You can craft the Jack's Dead Steed! Also available until November 3rd, 2017.
      • Fodder (crafted from the Citadel Pet Emporium)
      • Brown Burning Hoof Print (Jack (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty)
      • Grey Burning Hoof Print (Jack's Revenge (Raid) on Nightmare difficulty)
      • Jack's Deathly Steed

Jack's Cooldown
    The following raids have had their cooldown timers reduced to 24 hours until November 3rd, 2017.
    • Jack
    • Jack's Revenge

Sweeter Tooth
    For one week only Bright Orange Candy has been added to the daily login boxes! You'll receive a Bright Orange Candy alongside your other normal daily login items.

Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Insert your favorite thing]
    I liked it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Maybe we could: [Tell us if you want us to bring this event back, if you think we can do the same thing a new way, etc]

This week I didn't care for: [Insert what you didn't like]
    I didn't like it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Instead, let's: [Tell us how we can improve something like this in the future]

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Has the Relic Pack general been added to the Passive window yet? Last patch wasn't in the Passive window.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: New task to use energy for (some neck craftables)
    I liked it because: There is not so much use for energy in a questing way otherwise
    Maybe we could: Add more questing rewards?

This week I didn't care for: The need for even more arcane essence... you need arcane essence for bloody everything!
    I didn't like it because: i dont have enough and it takes months to get enough of those for all the items that use them
    Instead, let's: add a magic that prevents doing dmg to 2x FS or something to save the small raids??

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Hello, fellow Mouse.
    First up, thank you for making an effort, but you have missed to bring back some items to the "New" Tab.

Burning Bone Bombarder
    K'ton the Avenger II
    Kyrose the Vampiress II
    Day of the Dead II
    Spectral Oroc
    Spectral Gnome
    Spectral Felpuur
    Spectral Elf
    (Plus their respective Veteran Versions)
    Ghostly Alchemist Essence
    Undead Alchemy

I also sent you a PM^^

My regards,
    Keyki
    - Best equipment vs a certain raid type
    - Magic calculator
    - Expedition chances
    - Leveling and Perception summaries (made with the help if LanderZ's data)
    Keyki's Contraptions

^ how?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by bicho View Post
    How about extending these fixes to Thayne, Worm Lord, and Bone Amalgamation as well please =P. Thank you for the weekly updates.
    Just think it would be nice if they fixed these. Thanks for the updates.

Please consider a new tier on Hecate Revenge next week.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    So based on the October SotG that says "However! While Jack’s steed may be at an end we’re introducing a new Legendary item this year which will start a new tradition of upgrades. This item will not be added with the first build but will instead come later in the month. The intention is to make this item something which can be upgraded in future Halloween events just like Jack’s steed was." can we assume that the necklace will be upgradable next year, meaning we'll have 2 undead haste necks if we recraft this one?

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHunter View Post
    So based on the October SotG that says "However! While Jack’s steed may be at an end we’re introducing a new Legendary item this year which will start a new tradition of upgrades. This item will not be added with the first build but will instead come later in the month. The intention is to make this item something which can be upgraded in future Halloween events just like Jack’s steed was." can we assume that the necklace will be upgradable next year, meaning we'll have 2 undead haste necks if we recraft this one?
    I agree with this. If this truly will be a new tradition of upgrades, then this neck had best be (Not trying to sound rude) a recraft such as Jack's mounts. Would hate for it to be a case of us just farming the mats for something "like" the neck in the form of a "Set" with the same name theme.
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    The last week was great however I have one gripe, Utym Mask drop rates are horrendous and you just increased the number required, thank you very much.

Disciple of the Traveller
    also the zone 9.8 mini boss bump in the night, for some odd reason still takes 3 hits to kill. I thought sometime way back you fixed the mini bosses to not have damage caps to avoid that.

is one thing for the final boss to be capped, but on the mni bosses it is kind of annoying.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Purple Restless Soul can be crafted using Fodder x5, Arcane Essence x5, Arcane Oil x5, Xessus Mask x5, Brown Burning Hoof Print x5, Blue Burning Hoof Print x5

Who's bright idea was it to have low lvl raids be required for this??? these devs understand how hard it is to find these raids in public even without an event up??

Night Blade

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Z'ralk masks are another stopping point. They drop from Count Siculus and you need 10 of them just for the legendary. Plus they're a part of the older steed recipes. And Siculus MS is almost half the health of the raid, in addition to it being an old raid and dying quickly. And since it's not a guaranteed drop, you need to farm a ton of them in 3 weeks just to get the 10 for the new legendary, and the raid has a 4 day cooldown.

So unless you started this week already having enough Z'ralk masks, chances are you won't be able to get enough masks in the 3 weeks to complete the new legendary, unless they drop the cooldown to something like 6 hours or less.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by IllisShaki View Post
    Purple Restless Soul can be crafted using Fodder x5, Arcane Essence x5, Arcane Oil x5, Xessus Mask x5, Brown Burning Hoof Print x5, Blue Burning Hoof Print x5

Who's bright idea was it to have low lvl raids be required for this??? these devs understand how hard it is to find these raids in public even without an event up??
    If your guild is unable to keep Jacks private within the guild and your guild lacks ES, you could always bribe someone outside the guild. Jack is not an issue at all. Now for lacking the ability to keep it private... Well that is a guild trust issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LyreAB View Post
    Z'ralk masks are another stopping point. They drop from Count Siculus and you need 10 of them just for the legendary. Plus they're a part of the older steed recipes. And Siculus MS is almost half the health of the raid, in addition to it being an old raid and dying quickly. And since it's not a guaranteed drop, you need to farm a ton of them in 3 weeks just to get the 10 for the new legendary, and the raid has a 4 day cooldown.

So unless you started this week already having enough Z'ralk masks, chances are you won't be able to get enough masks in the 3 weeks to complete the new legendary, unless they drop the cooldown to something like 6 hours or less.
    As stated above, if your guild is unable to keep Count Siculus private and your guild lacks ES, you could always bribe someone outside the guild for ES. And with being unable to keep raids private, that is a guild issue and guild issue alone.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Muireach View Post
    The last week was great however I have one gripe, Utym Mask drop rates are horrendous and you just increased the number required, thank you very much.
    I kinda like the low, though unfairly low, drop rate on Uytm masks. More minibosses means more chance to get the Ghostly Alchs for the new raid after all. Plus Ap!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyki View Post
    Hello, fellow Mouse.
    First up, thank you for making an effort, but you have missed to bring back some items to the "New" Tab.

Burning Bone Bombarder
    K'ton the Avenger II
    Kyrose the Vampiress II
    Day of the Dead II
    Spectral Oroc
    Spectral Gnome
    Spectral Felpuur
    Spectral Elf
    (Plus their respective Veteran Versions)
    Ghostly Alchemist Essence
    Undead Alchemy

I also sent you a PM^^

My regards,
    Keyki
    But these aren't "new". These are "event" craftables.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by LyreAB View Post

Just got 7 masks from 2 MT siculus, so shouldn't be hard to get those masks just by summoning them yourself

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by IllisShaki View Post

Amen brother .. This only Proves the Fact the Devs dont play there own Game any more 100 % ... .. dont know its just mind boggling ... try taping a Jack i dare ya .. its killed with in 5-6 sec of posting and now there is more reason to kill it .... they got a Ton of Raids but no this is the One they picked again... yay .. add to it the Low drop rate of Brown hoofs loool.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadstory View Post
    Amen brother .. This only Proves the Fact the Devs dont play there own Game any more 100 % ... .. dont know its just mind boggling ... try taping a Jack i dare ya .. its killed with in 5-6 sec of posting and now there is more reason to kill it .... they got a Ton of Raids but no this is the One they picked again... yay .. add to it the Low drop rate of Brown hoofs loool.
    What a "interesting" post, consider the following:
    • The four mounts are part of a chain, which started in 2013, switching raids - would only serve to hack off players who just missed one of the previous the mounts.
    • Brown hoofs were introduced in 2014 when players were significantly weaker than they are now - the raid dies very quickly when it goes to world chat. Can you see a clue in that sentence?
    • Raids do not need to go to world chat - share in guild/farm groups where players will use more restraint.
    • The cool downs on both jacks has been reduced to 24 hours so that would be 28 of them during the event? Add that to your guildies raids and that is a very significant number of raids.
    • I'm not convinced with your assertion that the drop rate is low - do you have any statistical valid evidence to support your claim?

As an indicator below is my current crafts - please note I haven't stock-plied raids for looting nor have I gone out of my way to hit Jacks:

For the mounts I have

So you can see that I have been able to re craft previous mounts as well.

I'm conscious that you seem to new, at least to the forum, can I suggest that you ask around before posting in future. /Flame

Please reduce Siculus cooldown as well...

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunert View Post
    Please reduce Siculus cooldown as well...
    +

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast