Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: State of the Game: October 2017

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalain View Post
    The main problem is that it is almost impossible to hit the older raids, which is especially a problem for newer players. You can't for example share a Ryndor raid to World Chat and expect a new player to have any chance at getting the loot because one hit by a stronger player will kill it. The community has long since come up with an idea how to lessen this problem, using technology that should almost completely exist:

Create a magic that will limit 1-hits (and only 1-hits; 5s and 20s resolve normally) to fair share on the raid. Concerns about the magic being used for trolling could always be alleviated by giving it a different effect on the bigger hits (e.g. a flat 30% damage bonus like the one on Eternal Sight). Magics having different effects on different hit sizes exist (GF), so the only thing new would be the "check and cap after resolving all procs" call. It should still be a relatively quick implementation that solves this problem.

well we know they have code to do the "miss" hits from the whelps and swarms. so their must already be code to replace a hit with a zero damage. it shouldn't be all that difficult to modify that to instead replace the damage with the capped damage.

Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Quote Originally Posted by Aapje View Post
    I would like an upgrade for GF too. That seems fair after it was nerfed so badly before.
    It was overpowered before and nerfed appropriately as can be seen by how often it's still cast.
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoBandito View Post
    It was overpowered before and nerfed appropriately as can be seen by how often it's still cast.
    That was very true at the time. Now, the drops should stay the same, but giving it a slight damage buff would be nice.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    That was very true at the time. Now, the drops should stay the same, but giving it a slight damage buff would be nice.
    they could easily just rerun the WR that dropped the magic and each iteration of the WR drop a new familiar, each one could describe something that guster did for lore text. then let owning each familiar boost the damage by some amount. again is something we have seen them do as the gauntlet magics already work this way.

would lead to the magic doing varing amounts of damage depending on how often a player had caught the reruns of the WR.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    well we know they have code to do the "miss" hits from the whelps and swarms. so their must already be code to replace a hit with a zero damage. it shouldn't be all that difficult to modify that to instead replace the damage with the capped damage.
    Maybe, but it might not be so easy. The "miss" hits don't even show any procs. Mach and Trollo never proc on those. The entire hit appears to be completely skipped. That's not what is desired here. We want the hit to be calculated and just the end damage to be capped. We don't even want it to default to the cap because some player might not be able to hit the cap normally. They shouldn't just be given the cap damage.

So the situation isn't quite the same.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    I guess, but I'd just as soon have a new magic come out than buff an older one.
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Multiple Summons: Vathik and Campaigns
    This has come up quite a bit in my personal inbox so addressing it via SoTG seems prudent at this stage.

The short of it: “clever” guilds and players can summon multiple Vathik raids and Campaigns at the same time resulting (especially for Vathik) in higher than intended gains. That said, we haven’t taken action against players for this and haven’t made any plans to.

Why we’re not making changes
    This is a problem that has existed within Dawn since guilds were first introduced. It just happens that now it matters because Vathik and Campaigns exist. This is something the tech team has looked into multiple times and explored a couple of potential fixes.

While some possible fixes do exist for this they would require a significant amount of tech work to implement and could come at the cost of usability and convenience within the guild page specifically with summoning guild raids.

In this instance we’ve had to really weigh out: is this an issue worth investing our time and resources into? Is this an issue that is worth possibly inconveniencing other parts of the game to maybe fix? And, is this really an issue to begin with?

While it certainly does result in some unintended things like multiple Vathiks in quick succession, our findings show that it doesn’t have a significant impact on the game’s health in a negative fashion. With all of this in mind we really can’t justify the time and resources to make changes to the summoning system for this.

What this means for the future?
    We’re taking a closer look at the Campaign summon system and Vathik and investigating possible adjustments. We haven’t made any final decisions but we’re currently looking at things such as cooldown adjustments for example. Right now this isn’t an immediate priority on our plate but that doesn’t mean we aren’t looking into it.

Hopefully this adequately explains our stance on this topic and provides some clarity on our decisions.
    So pretty much your saying you don't care about people cheating.. And yes it is cheating when your getting "higher than intended gains". I don't see how this isn't worth your time to fix since it is technically cheating. might as well just give everyone 1000 pc while your at it. Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with it if you gave everyone a way to get unlimited vols without a cd. Perhaps removing Thurmavus' cooldown to give people who don't want to exploit this cheat to get vols like the people who are using it get pretty much unlimited vols from guild hopping for MaM campaigns.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    On a related note what about guild raids in general? It takes too long to resummon raids. We need an x100 option at the most for the same raid so it can quickly be spammed. An internal raid filtering system would also help with that too to reduce clutter. Oh and I forgot to mention Doppelganger is still missing red AP.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by IllisShaki View Post
    So pretty much your saying you don't care about people cheating.. And yes it is cheating when your getting "higher than intended gains". I don't see how this isn't worth your time to fix since it is technically cheating. might as well just give everyone 1000 pc while your at it. Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with it if you gave everyone a way to get unlimited vols without a cd. Perhaps removing Thurmavus' cooldown to give people who don't want to exploit this cheat to get vols like the people who are using it get pretty much unlimited vols from guild hopping for MaM campaigns.
    FWI, guild hopping won't get you far, there is a cd to how many guilds you can join in a short period of time(I wanna say either 72, or 84 hrs).

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

Sister of Radiance Achievements's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    An instant summon-button within the raid to refill its health would be marvellous, or at least put 1 spot on top of the graid list of your last summoned one, so you can skip the scrolling and searching

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoBandito View Post
    Maybe damage wise but they messed up with the box nerf.

DotD Council Member

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrolizard View Post
    FWI, guild hopping won't get you far, there is a cd to how many guilds you can join in a short period of time(I wanna say either 72, or 84 hrs).
    I think it's 72. I really doubt there's a large amount of people hopping guilds to exploit this anyways.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I have to say , Very disappointing SotG. No Pumpkin carving contest....sad, a blind eye to bug exploiters (you banned me, remember) very sad. Please make up for this disappointment by giving us a new Guild ER each month til we say stop ( and make top tier much higher than 70t).

Non SotG related :Please supply a boost for my very lack luster troop, who knew it would be obsolete in such a short time.

Katrina's powers and origin are mysterious, and her knowledge of events to come has led some to believe
    that she has the gift of prophecy, and others to claim she hails from a far off and undiscovered land of oracles.

something you do kind of need to answer mouse.

you kind of implied that there wont ever be any kind of damage limiting mechanic put in place. this is rather important, because without some form of that new players have a near impossible time finding any raids they can hit outside of their own personal summons (or it seems now alts, are you really serous about that?) when they are first starting out.

not finding some kind of solution to the small raids and new players problem pretty much ends any true new players joining the game, surely you must know this. and no new players triggers the games death spiral to speed up (if we are honest it has already started to a small extent).

so is anything going to be done about this issue at all? if there really is no serious attempt to deal with it, it does make people wonder if you really do care about the game anymore at all.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrolizard View Post
    Dunno if that's true or not, I just know when Valthik was released someone on my server said he had 4 or 5 of them active at once. I assumed he was guild hopping since he joined my guild hit it and left. I wont say any names tho.
    Also, if guild hopping isn't the method being used, then i think whatever method being used should be made public if the devs are going to allow it. Keeping the method secret when devs say they aren't going to do anything about is worse then people cheating. It is the devs allowing a certain group of people to get unlimited loot whether it be vols or craft items while other have to wait for cooldowns

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by IllisShaki View Post
    Dunno if that's true or not, I just know when Valthik was released someone on my server said he had 4 or 5 of them active at once. I assumed he was guild hopping since he joined my guild hit it and left. I wont say any names tho.
    Also, if guild hopping isn't the method being used, then i think whatever method being used should be made public if the devs are going to allow it. Keeping the method secret when devs say they aren't going to do anything about is worse then people cheating. It is the devs allowing a certain group of people to get unlimited loot whether it be vols or craft items while other have to wait for cooldowns
    The method was posted earlier in this very thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    well since it been officially green lighted, guess is no harm in explaining the basic concept. in short there is a time window after a raid is summoned where the game doesn't fully know its been summoned to know to not allow someone else to summon one. so if two people hit the summon raid button at essentially the same time both sometimes will go through. its not a for certain thing, the time window is only a second or two, so it takes lots of luck of lots of organization to make it happen. and to be honest this has been a known thing for ages by the player base, its only become an issue at all here because you can speed up the crafting and get around the planned timed delay. normally having say 2 or 3 N'rlux up at one time really didn't help much more than summoning them back to back as they died.

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis
    What?!?!

Since when?
    I believe roughly six months or so ago. I'd need to ask the CM team about any additional timing details.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis
    Does this mean I can get my AG account unbanned and run it alongside my NG account?
    Afraid not. I remember very specifically not retroactively applying this to already banned accounts. If, however, you made a new one today there'd be no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Achievements
    For the contest: I'd vote for a monthly contest in the forum! Seems much but you could go really creative on those ones:
    Monthly might be difficult but I like a lot of these suggestions. A few are quite similar to some things we had in mind already. Effectively 'non seasonal' contests though they could easily be run with a theme in mind down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by snowstar
    though am kind of curious just since when they devs have allowed alts again? but here we have mouse openly saying its ok to use them now?
    Obviously I mentioned some of this above, but: I'll look into exactly what went down communication wise on this one. I wasn't as involved with direct community communication at the time so I can't really say why we didn't make a bigger announcement about this. I'll see what I can find out but it's not a new policy but obviously an important change in our stance which is why I felt it was a relevant comparison.

Regarding Guser's Fault: no plans to buff it or upgrade it; that could change but it was never intended to be a magic with years of "top tier" staying power. It's a gimmick magic with some useful additions. We may release something similar someday but still no immediate plans for that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegfarms
    On a related note what about guild raids in general? It takes too long to resummon raids. We need an x100 option at the most for the same raid so it can quickly be spammed. An internal raid filtering system would also help with that too to reduce clutter.
    Tech has made some backend adjustments to improve the guild page but I would like us to get a little more in depth with the convenience improvements for sure. Don't have any sort of ETA right now but the team agrees this could be better.

Will try to drop by later and reply to a few more questions but am short on time this morning.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I remember very specifically not retroactively applying this to already banned accounts. If, however, you made a new one today there'd be no issues.
    Even though I was banned only because of the server merge and not because I had done anything wrong?

Doesn't really matter I suppose since I'm barely playing at this point anyway. I was just curious.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Does this method of summoning multiple cooldown-possessing guild raids work with camp too?

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by eevee View Post
    Does this method of summoning multiple cooldown-possessing guild raids work with camp too?
    Yep. If you could log on to your account with multiple computers/devices you might even be able to multi-summon with stam raids.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast