Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Game: October 2017

Pleasant Hill California, Honollulu, Hawaii, and Albuquerque NM

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    My guild does not have the ability to do multiple Vathiks. but I believe that if others can do it --- good for them; they are not hurting anybody for this. Heck, If my guild can do it, I would do it.
    Il buono buono, ma il migliore meglio.
    Good is good but best is better - an Italian proverb

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

Thumbs down will you

thanks for keeping the game up, its apreciated.
    Hope that dotd will still be up in november.
    Last edited by Namagderas; 3rd October 2017 at 01:21. Reason: changing the meaning of my post
    Omer's Collar: proof that 5pg does bait and switch. never forget!
    Guster fault: just so you know, 5pg can and will reset or modify our characters whenever they see fit.
    "we'd like you, the community, to decide which Magics should appear on this raid."... uh, huh.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Every year I have crafted all the Jack's steeds (at once), now I have a new tradition of crafting stuff in October, yay!
    Excellent! A new mini-zone!
    Hey Mouse can we have a Mystery Pack Flash sale where tier 1 is all the premiums from the last six months please? I thought I was done with this game six months ago but I guess I was wrong because I came back...
    Also, a festival please.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    rerunning all these old raids is there any plans of rerunning Orphan drake so the more people can get gusters fault? As it is falling behind newer magics in utility people are foregoing tit more and more often for stronger magics but some people still need/want the boxes so it would be nice for more players to have it for personal/guild raids

yes i know this could cause people to gripe as more people would be able to troll around and throw it on raids where it's unwanted but i thin it could alleviate far more people than it could end up harming (also it would be nice to finally have a GF eh?)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quite a lackluster SOTG , very dissapointed. IF its not a mount we get this time then it better be a haste neck or a crown that is a stronger version of the rankings crown , or else its going to be just fodder or vanity like all other legendaries. There is nothing exciting about this month after looking at this sotg , did you guys give up? o.O . All i see is old WRs being summoned again , some vanity masks , no deadlies , no jack's mount , no contest , bleh

As far as vathik and camp multisummon goes , reduce camp timers , give us new camps or else ignore this and let it go on. If we keep getting such boring and dull SOTG's then i guess atleast multisummon may help keep players intrested in doing SOMETHING.

Another issue that has not been looked into are the low health AP raids that die in a flash when shared out in public. This is really annoying because by the time they load (due to lag), they are already dead and getting AP for them is very tough unless shared in guild. Some kind of magic that nerfs damage on these raids would be good , although this will go hand in hand with magic policing which was mentioned months back. I feel these 2 features would bring some Quality of Life to dotd.

Overall:
    1) A boring SOTG with nothing intresting.
    2) Multi summon of vathiks and camps will keep game intresting because of better loot and something fun to do. Will keep people occupied and intrested.
    3) Magic policing and nerf damage done on AP raids.
    4) More deadlies and haste necks please!

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitee View Post
    if it's a magic it will take grimoire slot and you know how ppl love to troll the raids with their guilters more like a option when you click summon you can choose the max damage by player to be AP,FS or ML. Also imagine someone putting this magic on a deadly by mistake or intentionally just to see others reactions it will be the end of public raiding
    the last round of discussion on this worked out a way to make the magic almost unusable by trolls. take the code we know exists to scale effects for different size hits like gusters fault does. for 1 hits, cap at fair share. for 5 hits, cap at 5%, or some other percentage that may vary a bit, of raids health. and for 20 hits, simply have it uncapped.

any raid that is intended to be hit hard would just in effect have a zero magic slot (and actually it could be set up that for the 20 hits the magic actually does give some boost) as in such a case most if not all would be hitting with 20's anyway.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Well little disappointed here too:

I like: New thing instead of Jacks mount (but we will see if its actual worth it) when its a item, where we need to hunt for in all different game-things (guild/quest/raid/...).

I dont like: New Elite Raids. THey give no AP. They dont give good SP (I hit them, but just because they are there) compared to Deadlys. And thats the Main-issue: There are far too many. I see they dont need much to do. Just a old raid with new HP and tiers and SP as loot. Done. Nothing to design. But we got enough of them.

Instead: Do new raids! And dont reuse so much old content. To be honest i was disapointed with a few of the last raids and the new camp cause they just reused old art (same with BHH). Not too much of a deal as long as there is new items to get, but it doesnt feel that special to hit a Bella or a Winter Wyrm with another name. So lets do new raids with new art! And it feels like you are not working the same way at this game like you did before when this happens.

I hope all the things you promised here are going to get released this month else it will be a very sad month i fear.

Multi-Summons your going to do nothing about is not really a thing i need to see in a Sotg btw. Make a short forum post if you feel it needs to be adressed.

Well now lets see how this month is going to be! Sometimes there were Sotgs i didnt liked too much and then the month ended to be much better than expected. I hope this month will be a month like this cause i allways liked the october-events!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    summon multiple Vathik raids and Campaigns at the same time resulting (especially for Vathik) in higher than intended gains.
    Not sure why this highlights Vathik as the "higher than intended" part. Apart from SP and guild coins (both of which can be had from ample sources), Vathik only has two unique items. The only effect of mu,ltiple Vathiks is that players get these a few weeks earlier. Once that's done, there's no benefit from the raid. Campaigns on the other hand, especially MaM and the two big ones, have repeatable loot that players can't ever have enough of (pots).

In my opinion, the only issue is with MaM. It is easily defeated and yields potions. Fatigued BHH and CC are big drains on resources and only a handful of guilds can complete multiples of these in a short time without it costing more pots than they gain (and those guild probably need them anyway to cover the Honor sink needs of their players who will quickly max any Vathiks that get summoned). Reducing the cooldown on MaM and other low HP campaigns would be something that would help everyone and essentially make the issue of multisummons nonexistent - you don't need to do it if you can get practically the same payout with consecutive campaigns and having a shorter CD would make things much easier for guilds with wide power disparities - right now, providing enough stuff for the lower levels is an important concern.

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegfarms
    No mention of raids dying too fast yet again.
    This is something that has existed for a pretty long time and something we discussed at length multiple times throughout Dawn’s history. The short of it: there is no magic or other special solution for this. As players get stronger new and harder content is released to challenge them and provide value - eventually older raids begins to lose that value as they’re eclipsed my newer raids. It’s nothing new and unlikely to change.

If your feedback is more focused on that you feel as though the value of recent raids isn’t up to par that’s much more addressable and something we’d like to know more of your thoughts on. If you could get more detailed with your feedback that’d be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Than
    I completely misunderstood where you were going with the "multiple Vathiks and campaigns" comment at first.
    To expand on this: we are not taking action because we do not feel this is a real issue. Ultimately we’d prefer that this was just a part of the game in some capacity and more accessible - that is something we’ll look at but it’s nothing we’ve put resources towards at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Claytonde
    It would be very much appreciated - if during say like the rented ghost type events that all crafts associated thereto (new and old) be put in the new tab for the duration of said event. For example this week's confession would have included the troop craft too. It is just nice to have ready access to these crafts to make educated crafting and time investment decisions (especially for new players or those who may have come back to the game).
    Absolutely agree. Working on something internally to make this a little more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis
    Hey look everyone, it's the Workshop/Perc2.0 version of the SotG. All vague promises for the future with no real details. (Fair warning, I'm quite unimpressed with this SotG and am about to let you all know about it!)
    Those features you quoted are 100% why there are fewer “guarantees” in almost every SoTG we create now. They were obviously over promised and under delivered features and have led to years of frustration from both the development team and the community. Easily avoided by simply not bringing those features up unless they were in a state worth discussing. A hard but important lesson for us as a company.

Worth noting that we did “cancel” workshop publicly a long time ago. I don’t know if the forums still have the post talking about it but I remember it pretty clearly as the first Dawn council under my watch talked a lot about how best to publicly “rip the bandaid” as it were. I believe this was alongside the Communities feature as well.

As developers we want to get you as excited about something we’re working on as we are. Excited players really fuels us from a creative standpoint but unfortunately for those features you mentioned (and others) we simply spoke about them too soon. Maybe we thought something would be very easy but it simply wasn’t. Maybe it was a great idea on paper but in practice it was a really bad addition to the game. Maybe adding that system broke something we didn’t predict - there’s a ton of different reasons for why something might get canceled at different stages of development and it’s normally not a big issue unless it’s something the community actively anticipates. We’ve stopped work on a multitude of features and additions that you’ve never heard about over the years for similar reasons.

This has led us to be much more cautious in regards to announcing what’s coming because things can and do change. Zones for example demand a great deal of art and other resources and while we feel pretty dialed into the zone there’s still a lot of work left to be done on it which means I could be sharing false information that may get changed for balance, art needing redone or any number of reasons. I would love to give you more info on this stuff in advance but it’s simply not ready for that yet.

I’ve tried to mitigate these things by giving more insight into why we may do something or go into more transparent details overall (such as this post).

Quote Originally Posted by funboystu
    im afraid that answer is not good enough, you still have not explicitly said whether we can use this "clever" method, only you have not punished and do not intend to.
    To be crystal clear on this: go ahead and utilize this method as you wish. If we feel this needs to be changed we’ll be pretty public about announcing a change in stance on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ’Beta Nu’
    though was a few Banned for it when Rahl came out and it was done
    Sure, I vaguely recall some of that. Times change though and the game is very different than it was back then. I think it’s pretty natural that as the game evolves so to do some of our policies. Alts are a great example of that actually: was bannable for a long time now we openly allow alts.

Quote Originally Posted by TitoBandito
    You forgot about PvP.

Again.
    Wish I had better news but: nothing on the schedule for PvP this year outside of something like the Duel event.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBishop
    rerunning all these old raids is there any plans of rerunning Orphan drake so the more people can get gusters fault?
    Thought for sure we had resummoned Orphan Drake not that long ago but I see that’s not the case. Thank you for bringing this up, will get it scheduled.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    However! While Jack’s steed may be at an end we’re introducing a new Legendary item this year which will start a new tradition of upgrades. This item will not be added with the first build but will instead come later in the month.
    Inasmuch as the perennial complaint about Jack's Steed was people who felt like they didn't have enough time to gather all of the components, releasing this item later in the month is not going to make this better.

I'd suggest considering letting us know what raids any drops will come from, so people can start stockpiling, at the least. Perhaps you can add the components to the raids in the next patch, even if the rest of the event will come later on.

The short of it: “clever” guilds and players can summon multiple Vathik raids and Campaigns at the same time resulting (especially for Vathik) in higher than intended gains. That said, we haven’t taken action against players for this and haven’t made any plans to.
    I find it odd for you to play coy about what the exact mechanism is to do this. If some guilds are getting away with it and you're officially saying that you're fine with it, why not just let everyone know?

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    No plans for Adventures, I guess?

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    This is something that has existed for a pretty long time and something we discussed at length multiple times throughout Dawn’s history. The short of it: there is no magic or other special solution for this. As players get stronger new and harder content is released to challenge them and provide value - eventually older raids begins to lose that value as they’re eclipsed my newer raids. It’s nothing new and unlikely to change.
    The main problem is that it is almost impossible to hit the older raids, which is especially a problem for newer players. You can't for example share a Ryndor raid to World Chat and expect a new player to have any chance at getting the loot because one hit by a stronger player will kill it. The community has long since come up with an idea how to lessen this problem, using technology that should almost completely exist:

Create a magic that will limit 1-hits (and only 1-hits; 5s and 20s resolve normally) to fair share on the raid. Concerns about the magic being used for trolling could always be alleviated by giving it a different effect on the bigger hits (e.g. a flat 30% damage bonus like the one on Eternal Sight). Magics having different effects on different hit sizes exist (GF), so the only thing new would be the "check and cap after resolving all procs" call. It should still be a relatively quick implementation that solves this problem.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Thought for sure we had resummoned Orphan Drake not that long ago but I see that’s not the case. Thank you for bringing this up, will get it scheduled.
    Please add Vampiric Wyrm to the list as well =P

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

If your feedback is more focused on that you feel as though the value of recent raids isn’t up to par that’s much more addressable and something we’d like to know more of your thoughts on. If you could get more detailed with your feedback that’d be helpful.

To expand on this: we are not taking action because we do not feel this is a real issue. Ultimately we’d prefer that this was just a part of the game in some capacity and more accessible - that is something we’ll look at but it’s nothing we’ve put resources towards at this moment.
    The issue is the older raids dying too fast. The cooldowns are way too long to ever get max AP especially on raids like z1-z9 due to powercreep. z1-z2 in particular. We need a damage limit so people can actually get AP on these raids.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Alts are a great example of that actually: was bannable for a long time now we openly allow alts.
    What?!?!

Since when?

Does this mean I can get my AG account unbanned and run it alongside my NG account?

EDIT: This should also provide a workaround for the small raids issue. If you are going to refuse to give us a damage limiting magic, then we can just create a couple dozen alts to feed the small raids to our main every few days instead.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Sister of Radiance Achievements's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    With new/better magics I feel like Guster's is getting obsolete since the relevant drops are also too low (having to get a thousand boxes to get like 7-8 %-att boost items isn't really the cherry on top when the other 99% of the drops are useless). Can't you update the magic to link the drops with the player's perception? That way the Immortals and above could at least get red, bronze, silver, gold and platin drops, while the low-level players will get their according bronze-silver drops to not get a rocketing quick-start!

For the contest: I'd vote for a monthly contest in the forum! Seems much but you could go really creative on those ones:
    - PCs for Fanart
    - PCs for designing simpler new items in Photoshop (just make a quick tutorial what settings, sizes etc you need)
    - Items for poetic texts, jokes, stories,...
    - Unlocking things for reaching a community tier (like 100, 200, 500 posts in the contest thread)
    - PCs for tweeting out sth about the game with a hashtag
    - Consumables for saying what you like about the game, dislike,...

P.S: Could you bring up a special Pack again like the Bag-Palooza with row 2 to 4 being bags/chests and no equips/pots again? I haven't tried MP for ages since the chances for Tuss and Mathias are way too low and the pots/equips simply aren't worth gambling anymore after the amount I spent already... With the bags I could at least have a chance to get more useful stuff like magics, mounts and generals
    Last edited by Achievements; 3rd October 2017 at 20:33.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I would like an upgrade for GF too. That seems fair after it was nerfed so badly before.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Sure, I vaguely recall some of that. Times change though and the game is very different than it was back then. I think it’s pretty natural that as the game evolves so to do some of our policies. Alts are a great example of that actually: was bannable for a long time now we openly allow alts.
    This response just makes me sad.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Beta Nu' View Post
    This response just makes me sad.
    Seconded.
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesuji View Post
    Inasmuch as the perennial complaint about Jack's Steed was people who felt like they didn't have enough time to gather all of the components, releasing this item later in the month is not going to make this better.

I'd suggest considering letting us know what raids any drops will come from, so people can start stockpiling, at the least. Perhaps you can add the components to the raids in the next patch, even if the rest of the event will come later on.

I find it odd for you to play coy about what the exact mechanism is to do this. If some guilds are getting away with it and you're officially saying that you're fine with it, why not just let everyone know?

well a better way to handle the "Halloween" crafts would be to just leave them in year round, but at intentionally mythic drop rates outside of the Halloween events themselves. they have kind of done this with the coal drops to make the winter festival presents from the yule punishment bearer. if you are patient you can collect up the winter festival crafts from that raid over the whole year.

well since it been officially green lighted, guess is no harm in explaining the basic concept. in short there is a time window after a raid is summoned where the game doesn't fully know its been summoned to know to not allow someone else to summon one. so if two people hit the summon raid button at essentially the same time both sometimes will go through. its not a for certain thing, the time window is only a second or two, so it takes lots of luck of lots of organization to make it happen. and to be honest this has been a known thing for ages by the player base, its only become an issue at all here because you can speed up the crafting and get around the planned timed delay. normally having say 2 or 3 N'rlux up at one time really didn't help much more than summoning them back to back as they died.

though am kind of curious just since when they devs have allowed alts again? but here we have mouse openly saying its ok to use them now?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast