Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 121 to 135 of 135

Thread: State of the Game: October 2017

  1. #121
    Silver Arrow LordRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.
    Posts
    195


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Hey look everyone, it's the Workshop/Perc2.0 version of the SotG. All vague promises for the future with no real details. (Fair warning, I'm quite unimpressed with this SotG and am about to let you all know about it!)
    Hey look everyone, the person who complains more than me trash talking work the DEV team has done. Even I complained about my entire patch worth of Angel/Demon content for two-three Patch Notes with the new Demon set that came out and raid, but I don't trash talk everything the DEV team has done. This is just disrespectful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    4 vanity masks with no purpose. Not exactly burning content.

    We know you liked it, but it was actual work for us, so we're scrapping it. We'll just slap in a generic familiar at some point this month to make up for it instead.

    Hahaha. We know a lot of you saved up to be ready for this event this year... so we're scrapping it. We'll throw out something else at some point this month instead, promise.

    The ultimate Workshop/Perc2.0 promise!

    This isn't ready yet, so I cannot give you any details. We've only had a year to prepare for it, give us a break. We'll get something out before the month ends, promise!

    We'll give you one or two new raids (like we do pretty much every month) along with rerunning a bunch of old events (like we do pretty much every month), but at least we're putting a new spin on the description this month. That's something, right?

    Yeah, we know some players are guild hopping and getting loot from multiple camps and Vathiks. Meh, whatever. It's not worth it to try to do anything about it, so go ahead if that's what floats your boat. We don't care. (We'll say we do, but we don't.)

    Thank you for being distracted by the pretty lights and fancy words. We don't really have anything new or special planned for this month, but this SotG should at least keep you all mostly quiet. See you next SotG where we do the same thing for November.
    1. Basically free legion boost of 10% for new players and whales alike. Issue?
    2. Sorry they don't want to judge a pumpkin every year. At least they did it in the past. Let them have a month off or more?
    3. You saved up to get the mounts if you haven't already and a new haste neck which is claimed, and will most likely, to be upgraded like Jack. Again, issue?
    4. Treasure hunts give the community time to work together. Would you rather we turn this into a single-player game? I am sure you would love to solo all your Deadly raids and camps, hm?
    5. Quest zones take time to make, even I have that understanding. I made, as state, and entire patch with a quest zone in it. Mine wasn't even a mini-zone. You also have to account for making the raids of a zone and thinking about loot to go along with it.
    6. As stated about, not just quest zones take time to make. Raids are, from my eyes, the hardest thing to make perfect because of: Loot, Lore, Design and how we got here.
    7. Clearly they do care if they plan to make it so you can have multiple camps and Vathiks up. Being so rude as to claim they don't care shows how little you care about their work.
    8. They added a new neck into the game which will, hopefully, be like the Jack mounts. AKA, giving us reason to hit up all Jacks, Xaxs and Lost so we can be prepared. Welcome to the point of a game where you need to grind since you can pull out your wallet and get zero true content, but instead gear to make the content easier on your poor, poor soul...


    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    This should also provide a workaround for the small raids issue. If you are going to refuse to give us a damage limiting magic, then we can just create a couple dozen alts to feed the small raids to our main every few days instead.
    I agree a damage limiting magic is a good idea in theory only. Why? Because you are only thinking about yourself and all the whales in the game and not the new players who need to hit the raid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Maybe, but it might not be so easy. The "miss" hits don't even show any procs. Mach and Trollo never proc on those. The entire hit appears to be completely skipped. That's not what is desired here. We want the hit to be calculated and just the end damage to be capped. We don't even want it to default to the cap because some player might not be able to hit the cap normally. They shouldn't just be given the cap damage.

    So the situation isn't quite the same.
    You understand that this would be hard, but not making quest zones and World Raids/Event Raids? That is very odd for someone as wise as you...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Even though I was banned only because of the server merge and not because I had done anything wrong?

    Doesn't really matter I suppose since I'm barely playing at this point anyway. I was just curious.
    For shame, you were banned. I think that you should live with this fact. You abandoned your Kasan account as I have seen through Invasion, so why waste the money on World Server during Gauntlets when Gauntlets were the point where alts were allowed? This is like having a second ban, because now you don't even touch an account that has Tomb Mimic, Mach, Full Endless Dawn and I am sure many more prems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    If I were still actively playing I would. Thanks.

    I think it is time to revisit that discussion then. As Tito and others have said, there are plenty of ways to handle the trolling potential.

    It would also be COMPLETELY useless. Do you honestly not even understand why?

    You seem to have a very major disconnect between what you think the player's issues are and what they actually are if you think an individual item will in any way solve this issue!

    This would be a great start, but still wouldn't do anything about the problem. Not directly anyway. New players still won't be able to get the raids they need from WC, no matter how low you make the CD. Lowering the CD will allow them to summon their own raid more frequently to get the drops they need, but won't help with the WC problem at all.

    Please don't. It will be 100% useless for the issue you seem to believe it will solve.

    Just give us a damage limiting magic in any of the MANY forms that have been suggested that will work for the intended issue while also limiting the ability for trolls to abuse it. Here's a few of the suggestions, just to refresh your memory...
    1. In that case, don't whine over having your AG account banned. Simple.
    2. You can't handle magic trolling other than through the summoner. What? Ban people who cast LP on a raid? Say goodbye to new players.
    3. No it wouldn't. You keep your damn mind on the OLD players. You give no care for the NEW players. This game isn't JUST for people like you who think you have the rights to everything before anyone else because you pay hundreds of dollars on this game. Sure, your say might hold more power, but the newer players deserve to be though of more than the older ones at times. Grow up.
    4. Not from public, but how about thinking about guilds...?
    5. Useless to you, not others. A magic would be useless because people who can't hit tiers easily have a harder time. We had an issue with an player yelling at a player from LoTS who plays on Kasan complaining how this much stronger player killed a Deadly raid because the player couldn't hit their tier. This magic would bring more chaos than you could ever think of since you feel magics would be better. Surprise, it would be worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Trolls will be trolls and you can only do so much to limit their disruptiveness.

    I'm not necessarily opposed to any of that, but I also don't think all of it is necessary. The more you add to it, the more complicated you make it, the less likely the Devs will be willing to undertake the project. The "kiss" principle works many places, including here. Keep it simple, stupid!

    Again, trolls will be trolls and trying to implement something to stop them will just force them to develop some other method of trolling, possibly one even more annoying/disruptive.

    I am still opposed to a total damage cap and nothing you've said here has done anything to convince me otherwise.
    *shrug*

    Who died and made you God? Who put you in charge? What makes you so special that only suggestions which pass your muster will be considered valid?.. In other words, screw you, I'll suggest whatever I think will be best, regardless of whether it meets with your approval or not!

    As far as examples of real player behavior, citing specific examples of single individual's play styles and using that to dictate to everyone else how the game must behave is just ludicrous.

    The Devs do not want to do a lot of things. So what? We should just stop making requests? Sorry, but I do not see that as a reasonable conclusion to draw.

    A few months ago I started a new, completely f2p character on Elyssa. I was doing just fine finding things to do right up until last week when I decided to shut it down. Not because I wasn't able to find things to hit, but because the game has lost my interest overall.

    If you want to do it, you can start a new, f2p character on a server other than Kasan just fine and do perfectly well with it.
    1. Took you this many posts to figure that out? You can't stop trolls on the internet, no matter what you do. The only sure-fire way is to make it so the summoner can have a list of players who can only cast magics on their raid. Which would be favoring OLD players and not NEW players. And your ideas are ONLY for OLD players.
    2. Keep your own words smart. You are always saying the dumbest things.
    3. See #1.
    4. You go against the newer players, and this idea by Geela is smarter than your idea of a magic to reduce player damage. How dumb can you actually be to disagree with everyone who is clearly thinking, unlike you?
    5. Who died and made you the biggest jerk in this game? I am Sycall, the most hated player on all of Kasan, and even I have well-known players who side with me and are my friends. You dare to disrespect player who think about BOTH OLD and NEW players, where you continue to think about only your selfish self and whales only without a single eye batted at new players.
    6. See #5.
    7. No. You should continue trying to push your ideas, but to a limit. Don't be a ungrateful baby about things that don't favor you, your wallet and whales.
    8. Then don't come on the forums and complain if you don't even bother playing the game. It solves all your issues and then some, though your ego on how things should go and how DEVs should run their game will never be fixed.
    9. Yea. perfectly well until Gauntlet comes.


    Now to sum this off, you are the worst player I have ever met. And even I know how bad I am. You come onto these forums, after clearly stating you quit the game, and now trash talk it for no god damned reason. YOU don't play anymore, YOUR wallet doesn't get spent on the game anymore, and now YOU are not a part of the minority which is, and will always be, the WHALES of the game. Stop thinking about yourself, stop thinking on how the DEVs should run their game, stop siding with the minority and ignoring the majority and please. Screw the hell off.

    I hate coming to the forums only because I hear people claiming someone is being an a-hole to others. And the only reason I found out? The Kasan Server Discord. A place where Kasan players come and hang out in a nearly rule-free environment where we are happy and talk to each other on more than just the game. Do not disrespect my friends, do not disrespect the people I care for and most of all: Do not disrespect the people who can ban you in a god damned second. You don't deserve to play this game with how pathetic you are when you speak about the DEV team.

    Thank you Mouse and all the other DEVs who work on this wonderful game and thank you all the players who play this game. Thank you for caring about a game unlike some ungrateful players who only think of themselves.
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

    Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

  2. #122
    Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!
    Posts
    4,934


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    You can't stop trolls on the internet, no matter what you do.
    I was going to make a long post, responding to you, but I think you summed yourself up quite nicely with just that comment.

    *shrug*
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

  3. #123
    Silver Arrow LordRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.
    Posts
    195


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    I was going to make a long post, responding to you, but I think you summed yourself up quite nicely with just that comment.

    *shrug*
    Hard for you to respond to the cold hard truth from someone like me, eh? Not even having the guts to stand up for what you said when it was all shot down with facts. Sorry the truth counts as trolling.
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

    Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

  4. #124
    Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!
    Posts
    4,934


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    11
    Truth? Facts? Uh, yeah. Whatever.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

  5. #125
    World Mender Plundarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,359


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Truth? Facts? Uh, yeah. Whatever.
    Yeah, I read that long post. Wasted time on all parties there.

    All it really seems like is you did something to **** off Raven there. Oh well, I agree with you overall on the post he/she referenced and proceeded to complain about.

    Overall, in terms of the damage limiting option, I would prefer a magic that had a cap for damage. Could it be used to troll? Yes, but most things can be used to troll if used in the "right" way. An extra button will only help if people are willing to use it.

    Now onto the whole little piece of "Do you want this to be a single player game?" Mind you that is not a direct quote from Raven, but a question I believe the person asked. Single player used to be an option, and to a degree still is. With the release of quest zones, there were players who focused solely on questing. There were items to hunt and (I suppose) AP to grind. When the raids started being implemented without quest zones and there became a dearth of new quest zones, there was effectively nothing new for those players. Some like myself changed a little to fit the mold of Be a Raider, but it is not nearly as enjoyable as hunting for panoptica stuff or questing in general to me. I am a fan of questing because I can do it on my time as I want, but with a raid I am supposed to share it in order not to waste, as people say, resources. Not much of one to enjoy waiting on others to do something I can get done.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!


  6. #126
    Silver Arrow
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    164


    My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Rep Power
    5
    Easy way to stop some people from trolling is to get an option to ban them from hitting your raid easy and simple next time you summon you'll dodge a few trolls as time passes you'll build up a nice ban list and finally get good magics.Also that's a lesson for them and yeah I figured some people can missclick and cast a wrong spell but if they are smart enough to apologies in raid chat you won't add them to your list so everything is good at least it's a start

  7. #127
    Golden Garden Monk Bridget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    536


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    4
    Banning people from hitting raids is absolutely something not necessary, except maybe in the case of Deadly Horgrak, which can easily fail if too many low-level players hit it by accident.

  8. #128
    Silver Arrow
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    164


    My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Banning people from hitting raids is absolutely something not necessary, except maybe in the case of Deadly Horgrak, which can easily fail if too many low-level players hit it by accident.
    The time it takes me to control the magics from trolls and removing them it's something i wan't to avoid in future also the harms that this trolls does is making people waste more ene/stamina on raids then they have to.There is already a block option in chat so i don't see the harm putting a option that can restrict a specific individual from hitting your raids so you don't have to deal with their stupidity in future.All in all it saves resources,time and makes them think twice in future to do the same thing to someone else +++

  9. #129
    Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!
    Posts
    4,934


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    11
    As fun and funny as that might be, it's a bad idea overall to allow players to block people from hitting their raids. Social cliques and blacklists come immediately to mind. And not for trolls, but just for people you don't like for whatever reason.

    At most it should only allow you to block them from casting magics on your raids, not from hitting it entirely.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

  10. #130
    Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    4,962
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Plundarr View Post

    Overall, in terms of the damage limiting option, I would prefer a magic that had a cap for damage. Could it be used to troll?
    Not if it could only be cast by the summoner with a narrow effective time limit.
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

  11. #131
    Golden Garden Monk
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    579


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    5
    I have the solution to all of your dotd woes! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8d4198c628704758fad7fe0e796cc938007bb06b1fa4e2202d8839e5dac17543.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	9177

  12. #132
    Disciple of the Traveller
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,807
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitee View Post
    Easy way to stop some people from trolling is to get an option to ban them from hitting your raid easy and simple next time you summon you'll dodge a few trolls as time passes you'll build up a nice ban list and finally get good magics.Also that's a lesson for them and yeah I figured some people can missclick and cast a wrong spell but if they are smart enough to apologies in raid chat you won't add them to your list so everything is good at least it's a start
    as long as such a ban list automatically timed off, maybe after say 2 weeks or such, it could work. otherwise as you say, simple miss understandings could end up locking people out of raids and fragmenting the game.

    there is the still occasional debate about quick mind on aquatic or magical creature raids for example. it does serve a purpose for someone wanting to auto level, but it isn't exactly useful for someone just wanting straight damage. would we want those two groups of players slowly segmenting themselves into two separate sub groups of players?

  13. #133
    Farmhand
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    31


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    as long as such a ban list automatically timed off, maybe after say 2 weeks or such, it could work. otherwise as you say, simple miss understandings could end up locking people out of raids and fragmenting the game.

    there is the still occasional debate about quick mind on aquatic or magical creature raids for example. it does serve a purpose for someone wanting to auto level, but it isn't exactly useful for someone just wanting straight damage. would we want those two groups of players slowly segmenting themselves into two separate sub groups of players?
    Maybe they could ban certain magic when they created the raid.

  14. #134
    Town Guard
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Krasnystaw
    Posts
    87


    My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Rep Power
    4
    .There is already a block option in chat so i don't see the harm putting a option that can restrict a specific individual from hitting your raids so you don't have to deal with their stupidity in future.
    Sick idea, coming against the very essence of this game. luckily devs seem to understand that, so, no chance for this to happen.

    they were pretty reluctant even to blocking people from casting magic, though that would probably cause little if no harm. but there are other options.

  15. #135
    Disciple of the Traveller
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,807
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by haidao0923 View Post
    Maybe they could ban certain magic when they created the raid.
    we have been promised some form of magic controls for like 6 months now... its starting to sound like perception 2.0 really.

    not that some form of better control on magics wouldn't be nice, depending on how they do it, it could almost be worse than things are now.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Similar Threads

  1. State of the Game: May 2017
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 28th May 2017, 07:54
  2. State of the Game: October 2016
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 29th October 2016, 09:22
  3. State of the Game: October 2015
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 23rd October 2015, 01:38
  4. State of the Game: October 2014
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 13th November 2014, 20:50
  5. State of the Game: October 2013
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 21st October 2013, 05:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •