Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes: September 29th, 2017

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

Patch Notes: September 29th, 2017

Scheduled Maintenance
    Features

Limited Offers!
    Following the weekly Limited Offer rotation, the following are 20% off until October 6th, 2017.

Hands of Corruption (Gloves)
    5. His cruelty grew more extreme. He no longer protected the people, he terrorized them by mounting the gruesome remains of his foes for public display.

The realm he was sworn to protect began to crumble and fade, its glory eroding under the weight of fear that began to settle across the land.
    Attack: 2,900
    Defense: 3,000
    Insidious Corruption:
    • 10% chance to deal 50,000 damage; Extra 10,000 damage for each unique piece of Putrefaction set owned; Extra 32% damage against Guild raids; Increases Player's Honor by 190

Relic Pack Update!
    The Relic Pack has been updated with Troops and Legions!
    Tier 1 Type
    Whispering Blades Legion
    Darkwall Mining Company Legion
    Priests of the Sword Legion
    Sentient Blades Legion
    Portrait of Many Souls Legion
    Eternal Celebration Legion
    Fey Hunt Legion
    Tier 2 Type
    Warrior Poetry Legion
    Warriors of the Purple Mansion Legion
    Magic of the Purple Mansion Legion
    Tenderness of the Purple Mansion Legion
    Mummy's Grasp Legion
    Flagellants Legion
    Dreadnaught Legion
    Tier 3 Type
    Multi-Headed Horrors Legion
    Press-gang Infantry Legion
    Sunstones Legion
    Apex Predators Legion
    Azarel's Regiment Legion
    Elven Fury Legion
    Hunting Party Legion
    Tier 4 Type
    Dawnblaze Vanguard x2 Troop
    Sea-Hunter x2 Troop
    Shadow Walker x2 Troop
    Drake Tracker x2 Troop
    Lightning Elemental x2 Troop
    Blade Seer x2 Troop
    Hulking Abomination x2 Troop

Promo Code
    The following code is valid until October 6th, 2017.
    • S17ENG (Awards 2 Volatile Energy Potions)

Volatile Energy Potion Bundle
    For one week only, the Volatile Energy Potion Bundle is available for purchase!

New Guild Raid: Lord Xax'zisz
    In the dark corners of Gregory's mind there lurked a darkness. One which he could not see but felt within his heart. He did not know it at the time but that darkness bore a name.

It wielded a blade.

It felt hatred.

It would break out of its prison and before long it would walk the world of mortals and spread its vileness to all corners of Tor'gyyl.
    Name Size Race Max Players Magics Timer Cooldown Raid Health Stat Swap Loot
    Lord Xax'zisz Gigantic Demon, Underground 100 5 96 0 Normal: 2,000,000,000,000 N/A Common: Flag 1, Flag 2
    Hard: 2,500,000,000,000 Uncommon: Flag 3, Flag 4
    Legendary: 3,250,000,000,000 Rare: Flag 5
    Nightmare: 5,200,000,000,000 Epic: Flag 6, Flag 7, Flag 8, Flag 9, Flag 10, Eternal Crusader’s Hammer, Eternal Crusader’s Club, Eternal Crusader’s Helmet, Eternal Crusader’s Chest, Eternal Crusader’s Gloves, Eternal Crusader’s Pants, Eternal Crusader’s Boots, Eternal Crusader’s Ring, Eternal Crusader's Ram Beast

Events

Quest Event: Ryndor Confessions
    Until Maintenance on October 6th, 2017, Demon Knight Minibosses in Zone 4: Ryndor on Nightmare Difficulty, may drop Confessions, which can be used to craft the following items:
    • Kaiadas (General)
    • Angel of Empathy (Troop)
    • Kaiadas Boost I (NEW!)
    • Stride of the Meek (Legion) (NEW)

Fixes, Known Issues, and Updates
    • Fix - Inquisitor Marieth now displays in the buff display panel if you own her.

Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Insert your favorite thing]
    I liked it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Maybe we could: [Tell us if you want us to bring this event back, if you think we can do the same thing a new way, etc]

This week I didn't care for: [Insert what you didn't like]
    I didn't like it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Instead, let's: [Tell us how we can improve something like this in the future]

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    New guild raid looks nice. Seems like a quiet week overall, which is fine.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: New Guild Raid: Lord Xax'zisz

This week I didn't care for: The Relic Pack has been updated with Troops and Legions!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    • Fix - Inquisitor Marieth now displays in the buff display panel if you own her.
    How about extending these fixes to Thayne, Worm Lord, and Bone Amalgamation as well please =P. Thank you for the weekly updates.
    Last edited by bicho; 29th September 2017 at 21:11.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Natsumi View Post
    Quest Zone should be Ryndor Zone 5; not Zone 4
    Zone 5 is Vornstaag

World Mender
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Natsumi View Post
    Quest Zone should be Ryndor Zone 5; not Zone 4
    Ryndor is Zone 4....

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Maybe this time:

Quote Originally Posted by Ayah View Post
    Maybe it's time for Warlock

World Mender
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    A little disappointed (and happy) to complete the new Eternal Crusader's set in 3 raids...

My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [New GR]
    I liked it because: Love vathik as an honor dump but we've been overdue for a new GR and as demon/underground it will be great for urn farming.. thank you.
    Maybe we could: considering the power and reward curve of the game (ie sps/stats explosion, gear/magic) and current gear specific to GRs and demons (ie GR type gear in bazaar and new dawn chest demon set), this new GR's HP pool and rewards seem a bit low. Would be great if you could adjust Lord Xax rewards and HP upward but if not, i hope the next GR will come out soon and be larger in reward and HP.. a new elite, or even better a deadly, GR would be great

This week I didn't care for:
    What i'll speak to wasnt for the week exactly.. this week closes the demon month and all that that was released was one semi-large regular demon and one fairly small GR. I love getting new raids, my issue is 5pg selling an expensive dawn chest armor set for essentially one raid (GR is so small doesn't really matter what you hit it with).
    I didn't like it because: 2nd year in a row of selling a pricey demon gear set without much reason (ie reasonable number of raids/reward) for buying it. After buying last year's set demon dawn chest set and only getting balor and e.balor to use it on, I did not bother to buy this year's set (except the general for passive +2% to stats). Now looking back at the 2 demon raids released this month i am extremely glad that i didnt waste the pc.. my crit gear will get me through just fine.
    Instead, let's: i have no problem spending pc on gear if there is a reasonable return and utility for it (eg.. TED dragon gear and poly shadow gear are good examples of pricey gear but good return for reward and utility). In the future if you are going to make demon gear a dawn chest set (which is quite pricey) please make them more worthwhile/relevant/necessary.
    Last edited by gogan35; 29th September 2017 at 22:08.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by bicho View Post
    How about extending these fixes to Thayne, Worm Lord, and Bone Amalgamation as well please =P. Thank you for the weekly updates.
    or maybe fixing the couple of units that are known to not work right in invasion perhaps? merele and warlock neither one get their boost properly in invasion. at least not for the displayed value. is a few older ones that have had this issue as well, but those two are probably the main ones that would actively be used now and not working right.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Quest Event]
    I liked it because: [Chance to get something good]
    Maybe we could: [I think Lord Xax'zisz should be also Ryndor type – it is logic and there is not so much Ryndor raids]

This week I didn't care for: [Relic Pack Update!]
    I didn't like it because: [In this moment it is good only for boosting]
    Instead, let's: [-]

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Old event crafts to the "New" page... pretty please. There was a time when this was working...
    - Best equipment vs a certain raid type
    - Magic calculator
    - Expedition chances
    - Leveling and Perception summaries (made with the help if LanderZ's data)
    Keyki's Contraptions

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by gogan35 View Post
    Love vathik as an honor dump but we've been overdue for a new GR and as demon/underground it will be great for urn farming.. thank you.
    How in the world do you come to this conclusion?

I don't remember the other(s) involved, but Gallagher at least specifically states NON-guild demon raids!
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Maybe we could: Return any crit damage ( boar or Epoch ) mount for sale again or release a new crit damage mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    How in the world do you come to this conclusion?

I don't remember the other(s) involved, but Gallagher at least specifically states NON-guild demon raids!
    99% if not all of the on hit item droppers exclude guild raids. the only exceptions to that are the premiums.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    99% if not all of the on hit item droppers exclude guild raids. the only exceptions to that are the premiums.
    Non-premiums that are not limited by non-guild
    • Kiani - Kiani has a chance to discover a Corrupted Plant Maw against Gigantic Dragon or Beast raids
    • Anselm the Fallen - 16% chance to discover a Demon Bone - not limited by anything just like premiums
    • Helmsman - 5% chance to find an Abyssal Artifact on-hit against Abyssal Campaign raids - campains are kinda guild raids

And sets because why not
    • Exterminator's Set - Chance to discover a Parasite Fragment on hit against Abyssal or Insect raids when entire set is worn
    • Battle-Scarred Set - Chance to discover a Cracked Ogre Skull or Green Killer Spoils on hit when complete set is worn against Nightmare Queen raids - but it's upgrade Deathbringer Set is limited to non-guild related Nightmare Queen raids
    • Ancient Hero Set - Chance to discover a Preserved Skull on hit when complete set is worn against The Bog Bodies
    • Stinging Scorpion Set - Chance to discover a Parasite Fragment or N'rlux's Eye on-hit when complete set is worn against N'rlux or Elite Devourer

Could work but but there are no guild raids with war tag
    • Commander Basim - 20% chance to find a Hilted Spear on hit against War raids
    • Standard-bearer Set - 20% chance to discover a War Horn on hit when complete set is worn against War raids

Quote Originally Posted by Ayah View Post
    Non-premiums that are not limited by non-guild
    • Kiani - Kiani has a chance to discover a Corrupted Plant Maw against Gigantic Dragon or Beast raids
    • Anselm the Fallen - 16% chance to discover a Demon Bone - not limited by anything just like premiums
    • Helmsman - 5% chance to find an Abyssal Artifact on-hit against Abyssal Campaign raids - campains are kinda guild raids

And sets because why not
    • Exterminator's Set - Chance to discover a Parasite Fragment on hit against Abyssal or Insect raids when entire set is worn
    • Battle-Scarred Set - Chance to discover a Cracked Ogre Skull or Green Killer Spoils on hit when complete set is worn against Nightmare Queen raids - but it's upgrade Deathbringer Set is limited to non-guild related Nightmare Queen raids
    • Ancient Hero Set - Chance to discover a Preserved Skull on hit when complete set is worn against The Bog Bodies
    • Stinging Scorpion Set - Chance to discover a Parasite Fragment or N'rlux's Eye on-hit when complete set is worn against N'rlux or Elite Devourer

Could work but but there are no guild raids with war tag
    • Commander Basim - 20% chance to find a Hilted Spear on hit against War raids
    • Standard-bearer Set - 20% chance to discover a War Horn on hit when complete set is worn against War raids
    never said there wasn't a few of them. but did forgot to mention that there are a few on hit drops designed specifically for guild raids/camps, of course they tend to be only for guild raids/camps and nothing else.....

they are by far the exception to the rule by any measure.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Which just goes back to my point... I don't see how Lord X is going to make a good urn farm.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Which just goes back to my point... I don't see how Lord X is going to make a good urn farm.
    It won't neither Gallagher or torbin work on guild raids guessing they were confused
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Have to say that they should have just made all minibosses drop the confessions, restricting it to demon knights really means Camlann Hill. That's very unhelpful in keeping things straight for achievement counts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast