Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: State of the Game: September 2017

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

State of the Game: September 2017

Introduction
    Greetings and welcome to the September 2017 State of the Game post!

Gauntlet: Chalua
    This month (starting today, actually) will see the return of the Chalua Gauntlet. With the return of Chalua comes a handful of new items from the Gauntlet Shop as well as buffs for Blessing of Mathala and SMITE.

We’re adding expansion slots for each category (Commander, General, Troops, Relic, Siege and Support) which will be purchasable using Gauntlet Tokens. We’re also adding a new Legion Bonus and a boost for Infantry Plow. We’ve also reorganized the Gauntlet Shop so it’s no longer a haphazard-hamster-den.

Blessing of Mathala’s proc rate is being increased from 7% to 10% and SMITE from 13% to 17%. As the game continues to grow so too shall these magics, though we’re looking into possibly adding more growing functionality to these magics in the future so we don’t need to make these sorts of manual tweaks quite so often.

We’ll also be adding Gauntlet Strikes to Daily Logins, Daily Assignments and through a one time use, limited time promotional code. The Gauntlet calls today, adventurers!

September Raids
    The overarching theme for September is demons, demons and more demons! With this in mind there will be a handful of new raids this month as well as the return of a few classics. We’ll be kicking the month off with the return of Dasuthaad. This World Raid will be summoned at the 1t top tier (loot poster here) but we’ll be creating a new set of community tiers which will feature various rewards from the Dasuthaad’s Rising Phase 1 War Event. Alongside Dasuthaad we’ll be running double Books and Brimstone Event Raids.

Echthros, Scourge of West Kruna shall once again darken the land of West Kruna with his scourgey-wickedness during the week of the 15th. Alongside Echthros will be a brand new Event Raid: Rhaz'gahthok Maw of the Abyss which will appear September 15th as a double summon.

It wouldn’t be a demon party without Kessov: The Demon Will Rise, Lyrpan and Kevinator so you can anticipate the return of these raids as well.

In addition to these World and Event raids we’re also introducing a new player summonable raid and a new guild raid. This new guild raid will be a more traditional style of guild raid and will feature health unlike Vathik. Both raids are permanent new additions to the game.

Unleash Your Inner Demon
    With so many demonic intruders shadowing the land we’ll be bringing back the Eternal Dawn chests from the anniversary for one week and introducing the all new Inner Demon set which will be craftable using Eternal Dawn Coins.

The set will feature a full equipment set (Helm, Chest, Gloves, Pants, Boots, Ring, Main Hand, Off Hand, Mount), General, Legion, Relic and Support.

Inquisitor Marieth, Angel and Servant to the Goddess of Weapons and Warfare: Mathala

Inner Demon Set: Helm and Main Hand

While the recipes for the Inner Demon set are a permanent addition to the game, the Eternal Dawn Chests will only be available for one week so be on the lookout for their return.

New Premium: Worm-Lord
    • Troop - Unique - Goblin, Any, Any
    • Attack: 5,000
    • Defense: 5,000

Riding Dirty: 12% chance to deal 200,000 damage; Extra 10,000 damage for each unique Mount owned; Gains 30 Attack and Defense for each unique Mount owned; Whenever a mount Procs, Worm-Lord mimics 30% of that damage plus 1% for every 5 unique Mounts owned
    There are many worm riders, those goblins who can claim mastery over the giant worm selected as their steed. But only one can claim mastery over them all.
    The earth quakes as Worm-Lord’s mighty beasts traverse the caverns of Tor’gyyl’s heart. This Premium will be available for two weeks (1 week on the homepage and bazaar, 1 week just in the bazaar) and will cost 130 Planet Coins.

This is one of a handful of premiums we’ve brought over from Dawn Mobile that saw very few changes from how it was implemented over there. We went through several iterations on this premium’s design and kept returning to the core of what we felt made Worm-Lord interesting and powerful and much of his initial design remained intact.

Vathik Feedback: Followup
    The feedback regarding Vathik has been fantastic and we’re still discussing it at length internally. We intend to make changes to Vathik but are still discussing the specifics of what those changes will be in the end. SP return is certainly going to be one of the topics we focus on as that came up the most out of the full list of feedback, but we need to be cautious that we don’t end up making Vathik so good that he eclipses everything else.

We’re hopeful that we’ll have updates to this raid in the near future but will continue to keep the community up to date as progress continues.

Armor Games: Unable to find Dawn
    Awhile back we received reports that Dawn was unable to be located on the AG platform. We looked into this issue immediately and unfortunately ran into numerous issues that resulted in extensive conversations with Armor Games themselves. While the game is still accessible via a direct link, it’s nearly impossible for a new player to find Dawn naturally.

While we’re still working alongside AG to resolve this issue we wanted to let you know that progress is being made and we have reason to believe the issue will be fixed in the near future. The caveat to that is if we or AG encounters something unexpected at this stage there could still be further delays, but things look favorable so far.

We appreciate your dedication and patience as we’ve worked towards a complete resolution to this issue and look forward to getting this resolved soon.

Elite and Deadly Raids
    There are no Elite or Deadly Raids scheduled for September. Awhile back I mentioned that we wanted to continue to add these raids but also want to introduce regular raids at a steadier pace. August kicked that that off with the Pie of Bone and this month will continue the trend with the introduction of the new player summonable raid as well as the new Guild raid.

Elite and Deadly raids certainly aren’t going anywhere anytime soon and they’re something we’re going to continue to implement into the game, but they were quickly becoming more frequent than we had originally intended. We’re excited to get fresh raids into the hands of the community complete with AP and new rewards this and beyond!

Conclusion
    That concludes the September 2017 State of the Game post. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this update! Be sure to check back again next month for another SoTG.

Until next time, adventurers.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    we’ll be creating a new set of community tiers which will feature various rewards from the Dasuthaad’s Rising Phase 1 War Event.
    Thanks for listening to us!

Pie of Bone
    Funny typo.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Worm Lord...
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

Elite and Deadly Raids
    There are no Elite or Deadly Raids scheduled for September. Awhile back I mentioned that we wanted to continue to add these raids but also want to introduce regular raids at a steadier pace. August kicked that that off with the Pie of Bone and this month will continue the trend with the introduction of the new player summonable raid as well as the new Guild raid.
    Just had to snicker at the new name of PoB.

Everything else in the SotG (including the grammar/spelling ) looks great!

Looking forward to the new raids!

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I just knew Worm-Lord would be coming to web version. Nice buy.

This will help new players a ton.

Also, is Test of Strength legion bonus #3 really a 1T loot??

Because I don't see anyone hitting 1T to Test of Strength anytime soon....

Also....would you ever consider making SMITE a Top 5 or Top 10 reward, and BoM a Top 25 or Top 50 reward?

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aapje View Post
    Funny typo.
    Well, that's the new name from now on. No going back on this one.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Worm-Lord mimics 30% of that damage does that mean if my mount does 200b it will mimic 66.7b dmg=30% of 200b?

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitee View Post
    Worm-Lord mimics 30% of that damage does that mean if my mount does 200b it will mimic 66.7b dmg=30% of 200b?
    30% + 1% per 5 different mounts owned.

And yes.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    still no 5x1000 button, sad Whales need to dump resources faster

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by NoctisB View Post
    still no 5x1000 button, sad Whales need to dump resources faster
    I think you mean 250x20, right? We've long been told that we won't be getting a larger than 20 button due to how the procs are implemented.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Okay, so buttload of WR and ERs. Check. Mount-fueled premium with crazy stats. Check.

NOOOOPE, I'M HAPPY.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    What would the pie of bone look like? An empty pie pan with a few crumbs? A chicken pot pie with chicken bones in it?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Well, that's the new name from now on. No going back on this one.
    love this and i had already decided that whether or not you guys fix the typo thats what i'd be call it (if only april hadnt passed you guy coulda changed the name of the raid itself ingame for april 1st)

everything else aside, while all amazing, i am just in love with the fact that ECHTHROS IS BACK!!!!! i missed him

edit: just realized echthros is coming back on the 15th which is my birthday, you guys pretty much just accidentally gave me the best birthday present i could have hoped for (aside from actual money that is)

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Still no mention about lower health raids dying too fast like last month's State of the Game. Not to mention Worm Lord will make that even more so.

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Oh look. A major Angel/Demon gear set. It's almost like they actually read my entire quest zone, world raid, legion and generals post in suggestions... Yet we still don't have it in game...
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Worm Lord...
    yeap, half expected a new updated tausso. is interesting that they just removed the summoning aspect while making stats in line with the new generals.

Quote Originally Posted by unitedx View Post
    I just knew Worm-Lord would be coming to web version. Nice buy.

This will help new players a ton.

Also, is Test of Strength legion bonus #3 really a 1T loot??

Because I don't see anyone hitting 1T to Test of Strength anytime soon....

Also....would you ever consider making SMITE a Top 5 or Top 10 reward, and BoM a Top 25 or Top 50 reward?

actually a 1T hit is possible for some of the top whales with a one of the true boom magics. something like the level 5K magic which is 1% chance at 1200% boost coupled with magic mimicking generals and a crit with crit boosting mounts and mount mimics (notice we have one more now that makes like 4 or 5 different ones if have all of them) for the top players really could reach that far.

of course the real boom magics are all like 1% proc rates so almost never going to see them and even then you still need most of your procs to go off as well.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    actually a 1T hit is possible for some of the top whales with a one of the true boom magics. something like the level 5K magic which is 1% chance at 1200% boost coupled with magic mimicking generals and a crit with crit boosting mounts and mount mimics (notice we have one more now that makes like 4 or 5 different ones if have all of them) for the top players really could reach that far.

of course the real boom magics are all like 1% proc rates so almost never going to see them and even then you still need most of your procs to go off as well.

Only if they have like 100mil+ GP.

I had SMITE, and I only hit for ~250bil, and my GP is one of the highest in the game.

(I used 2x Eternal Dawn sets + 5 sphinxes)

Unleash Your Inner Demon
    With so many demonic intruders shadowing the land we’ll be bringing back the Eternal Dawn chests from the anniversary for one week and introducing the all new Inner Demon set which will be craftable using Eternal Dawn Coins.

ugh.. I'm having flash backs of last year's dawn chest demon set.. one of the biggest ripoffs and most regretted expenditures of PC on a gear set to date!

Dawn chest sets are fricking expensive even if you get a near perfect rng of coin drops (which never happens; i always end up with 8-12 more in one color of coins than the other). I bought the entire demon set last year assuming the massive cost would be rewarded with reasonable return and value for use in game. Yet, all we got was 2 smallish demon raids balor and e.balor that i can one hit to ML using even a decent non demon gear or legion set up?!

Here we go again?

2 new demon raids (even if they are decent size) and rerunning a few retread wr's and er's is hardly worthy the cost of a full dawn chest gear set.

Unless the new regular demon raid makes the utility and value of the new demon set mind-blowingly clear (which i cant imagine one raid would ever do), then at most, i might get a haste neck (if there is one for the set) and pass on all the rest.

5pg finally did very well this year I thought with the dawniversary TED set in terms of rewarding those that bought it with worthwhile utility and noticeable value returns with subsequent release of game content (ie multiple large, high value, raids to use them on (eg dd's, dlvs) and new guild camp etc). The poly set, which is also quite expensive, at least also has a decent number ( at least 6) and mix (regular, elite, and deadly) of raids with good return in sps that give the set utility and at least some justification of the heavy price tag.

As outlined so far, the new demon set in relation to content being developed and released is a huge step back in this regard and if so, just a big money grab.

I don't mind spending some pc on gear but please give me something worthwhile in return to use it on.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by unitedx View Post
    Only if they have like 100mil+ GP.

I had SMITE, and I only hit for ~250bil, and my GP is one of the highest in the game.

(I used 2x Eternal Dawn sets + 5 sphinxes)
    you do realize the raid has a dragon race tag on it as well right? don't ask me why but it does. so if using a general purpose legion instead of a dragon legion you probably shorting yourself a bit.

and smite is not exactly a true boom magic. the level 5K magic is normally useless for average damage, but it does make for massive spiked hits. they are just 1% chance so of course they mythic chances you ever going to get one (functionally if you use it you would get one magic proc per year in hitting the raid even hitting every chance get). and even then like said you still have to have basically every mimcing item the game has made on top of all procs going off. its going to be a something like a 1 in a million hit to get everything to line up yes, but it is possible for some of the top players already in theory. note, this is an *everything and the kitchen sink and maybe the neighbors cat* case, not an average repeatable hit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast