Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patch Notes: September 1st, 2017

DotD Council Member

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel O'Conner View Post
    This week I didn't care for: The Gauntlet
    I didn't like it because: it's the most useless event in this game. only the top ten ( whales, obviously ) can win something useful. so for 99% of the players, it's a huge waste of time.
    Instead, let's: forget that, never make another gauntlet, and find better event to create.
    There's a quite a few good items in the shop that free players can attain. I don't mind the Gauntlet when there's legion boosts, good magics, etc. to be bought. Being anywhere near the top isn't a goal so I don't worry about it.

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by jonamse View Post
    I would be much prefer doing the single server Gauntlet or widening the level range - we need more ppl having Smite and BoM just for the sake of availability and compensating the dmg requirement on raids. Ranting.. caz I am going to lose the neck piece :P
    No to ever doing a single-server gauntlet. They will NEVER consider this because they will most likely make a special top-tier item for rank 1. The chance of us getting BoM/SMITE as a 2-server reward is so rare that it makes MP look like a valid PC gaining method...
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    At this point, Gauntlet has become more of a really boring chore instead of a fun event. The fact that we do lose what we fight for does not help it. I understand the reasoning behind it, but it has definitely lost luster with a few of us.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

Blessing of Mathala and SMITE buffs
    BoM and SMITE have been both buffed as follows:
    • Blessing of Mathala - Increased proc rate from 7% to 10%
    • SMITE - Increased proc rate from 13% to 17%

These changes will impact anyone who currently owns these Magics as well.
    since this is the 2nd time you have updated these magics and its so easy to do... Maybe we can get an update to the level magics just as easily
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Plundarr View Post
    At this point, Gauntlet has become more of a really boring chore instead of a fun event. The fact that we do lose what we fight for does not help it. I understand the reasoning behind it, but it has definitely lost luster with a few of us.
    The fact this is so true is funny as hell. Only people that really do gauntlet that aim for the prize are:
    • Dragon Tier: People who played on the oldest servers since day 1
    • Wyrm Tier: Smurfs
    • Whelping Tier: Smurfs

Kinda sucks when you start playing and try the gauntlet, but see DoctorHoo [Not trying to be rude, but THIS person is always the top Whelpling] at 120+. "Oh, so this doesn't seem worth money..." Then after that they get past Wyrm tier without much bothering in Gauntlet. Then they look about on gauntlet at 2500 "Oh, so even now I really can't compete for any tier..." I can understand someone liking the gauntlet enough to pay, but even I know they get tired of dishing out... What? Maybe 500~ or more bits of cash just to get to top 10. I still feel to make this more enjoyable you need to either: Make a set 2-server gauntlet with no magics and some other award OR Make a tier for people above 5000 and, once we get enough players, above 10k.
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    The fact this is so true is funny as hell. Only people that really do gauntlet that aim for the prize are:
    • Dragon Tier: People who played on the oldest servers since day 1
    • Wyrm Tier: Smurfs
    • Whelping Tier: Smurfs

Kinda sucks when you start playing and try the gauntlet, but see *edited out * [Not trying to be rude, but THIS person is always the top Whelpling] at 120+. "Oh, so this doesn't seem worth money..." Then after that they get past Wyrm tier without much bothering in Gauntlet. Then they look about on gauntlet at 2500 "Oh, so even now I really can't compete for any tier..." I can understand someone liking the gauntlet enough to pay, but even I know they get tired of dishing out... What? Maybe 500~ or more bits of cash just to get to top 10. I still feel to make this more enjoyable you need to either: Make a set 2-server gauntlet with no magics and some other award OR Make a tier for people above 5000 and, once we get enough players, above 10k.
    Well I am fairly certain the person mentioned has not had to pay to win Gauntlet in a while. He has great stats for a low level and probably invested in nice troops/gens.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    I liked the new battalion slots
    The infantry plow boost is pretty weak for the cost though, maybe add on a proc boost with it?

Disciple of the Traveller
    one thing that has never made sense to me, why do the daily assignments have to have a chance to not give gauntlet strikes for rewards?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Plundarr View Post
    Well I am fairly certain the person mentioned has not had to pay to win Gauntlet in a while. He has great stats for a low level and probably invested in nice troops/gens.
    This. Please don't Namedrop somebody unless you know the situation. I agree with nearly everything You're saying Raven though. But that's just not in 5pg's Rulebook, This fosters competition, and Competition = Money. And there is this nonsense going around that this Event is completely Pay to win, and its not. KegFarms said something fantastic last gauntlet about saving and you having a chance, You just have to be EFFICIENT. I've been very Vocal about it on Kong, I have 3000+ Strikes saved up and would nearly be in the running, All Free. You just have to learn not to stretch for certain rewards.

something to think about about future gauntlets.

the start and stop times need to be varied a little bit. given the nature of the gauntlet who ever gets to be on line for the last couple of hours of it gets an extra edge.

not sure if it would be practical to just add a few hours to it to move to stop time from gauntlet to gauntlet or if you would have to just change the start time and keep the same length each time.

of course ideally it should be that there is no hard set end point to it. something like there be a secondary timer that is triggered when ever someone over takes the first spot. this just last for like 5 minutes and the gauntlet can't end while this timer is going. that way if someone over takes the top spot there is a short window for someone to try to get it back. if a few people are bumping over each other this could extend the length for a semi decent amount of time as each new first would get a new 5 minute count down. considering the costs that the players on the very top are spending to fight for it, I don't see a little fuzzy extension of the time like this being a problem for 5th planet (well provided the coding can handle it) as it would just be extra income. and it would be unlikely for this to massively extend the time for the gauntlet, only way it could would be several players spending like mad to keep one upping each other back to back in a rolling fight for the top spot. and if they want to spend for it, its their money going to 5th planet willingly so few would seriously care. its not like the top few spots aren't already considerable donations to 5th planet.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    something to think about about future gauntlets.

the start and stop times need to be varied a little bit. given the nature of the gauntlet who ever gets to be on line for the last couple of hours of it gets an extra edge.
    This was asked for way back with the first or second Gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    ideally it should be that there is no hard set end point to it. something like there be a secondary timer that is triggered when ever someone over takes the first spot. this just last for like 5 minutes and the gauntlet can't end while this timer is going. that way if someone over takes the top spot there is a short window for someone to try to get it back. if a few people are bumping over each other this could extend the length for a semi decent amount of time as each new first would get a new 5 minute count down.
    I think it might need to be 10 minutes instead of 5. At the high end it take several hundred strikes each level. 5 minutes might not be enough time for someone even if they started hitting immediately after being overtaken.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    This was asked for way back with the first or second Gauntlet.

I think it might need to be 10 minutes instead of 5. At the high end it take several hundred strikes each level. 5 minutes might not be enough time for someone even if they started hitting immediately after being overtaken.
    yeah was forgetting just how long they took. just wouldn't want the extra time being such that it can make it endless is all.

and really it could be bit more involved that just a straight extra X minutes just for only the very top spot changing if they really wanted to get into it.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Previous gauntlet I joined the 2.5k+ league so I've resigned from thinking about reaching high position for now, but for me it is still a good distraction from normal "quiet" weeks, and a nice way to introduce new stuff (like magics) for players to get.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [New <honor> set]
    I liked it because: [It is good for honor raids, but I prefer for leveling Primal set]
    Maybe we could: [I would like to see in near future festival of drifting dreams. It would be awesome if there would be festival for Halloween.]

This week I didn't care for: [Incompleteness of the new set]
    I didn't like it because: [It is not full set, so not everyone will be considering to buy it]
    Instead, let's: [Create or use from mobile version some general and legion for this set; Same as you did when you reciclated the Primal set you also created general, legion and units (then we were happy for this Primal set)]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12