Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes: September 1st, 2017

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

Patch Notes: September 1st, 2017

Scheduled Maintenance

Features

Limited Offers!
    Following the weekly Limited Offer rotation, the following are 20% off until September 8th, 2017.

Dawn Breaker (Main Hand)
    1. It was long ago when the Champion of Dawn strode into battle and stood against Putrefaction, the Elemental of Corruption. The battle was long, but the Champion eventually triumphed and stood victorious over Putrefaction's remains. Unknown to him, the elemental's essence coating his weapon began to twist his thoughts before he'd even left the battlefield.

And so it was that the Champion of Dawn began his fall into darkness.
    Attack: 2,900
    Defense: 3,000
    Insidious Corruption:
    • 10% chance to deal 50,000 damage; Extra 10,000 damage for each unique piece of Putrefaction set owned; Extra 32% damage against Guild raids; Increases Player's Honor by 190

Bane Blade (Off Hand)
    2. The Champion of the Dawn's behavior began to change in subtle ways. He was more irritable, fast to anger and slow to calm. It wasn't until he replaced his shield for a sword, one that inflicted the cruelest wounds anyone had ever seen, that people began to grow nervous around him.
    Attack: 2,900
    Defense: 3,000
    Insidious Corruption:
    • 10% chance to deal 50,000 damage; Extra 10,000 damage for each unique piece of Putrefaction set owned; Extra 32% damage against Guild raids; Increases Player's Honor by 190

Expedition Pack Update!
    The Mystery Pack has been updated!
    Tier 1 Type
    Enigmatic Enigma Consumable
    Mark of the Griffin Magic
    Corrode Magic
    Sar Orthena of the Griffin General
    Kaj Sizzleskin General
    Von Eldred's Notebook Relic
    Drake's Gullet Neck
    Tier 2 Type
    Mysterious Mystery Consumable
    Order of the Griffin Steed Mount
    Acidic Armor Mount Mount
    Order of the Griffin Blade Main Hand
    Acidic Armor Lash Main Hand
    Order of the Griffin Shield Off Hand
    Acidic Armor Shield Off Hand
    Tier 3 Type
    Order of the Griffin Helm Helmet
    Acidic Armor Head Helmet
    Order of the Griffin Cuirass Chest
    Acidic Armor Chest Chest
    Order of the Griffin Vambraces Gloves
    Acidic Armor Hands Gloves
    Order of the Griffin Cuisses Pants
    Tier 4 Type
    Acidic Armor Legs Pants
    Order of the Griffin Sabatons Boots
    Acidic Armor Feet Boots
    Order of the Griffin Signet Ring
    Acidic Armor Ring Ring
    Griffin's Bite Siege
    Portable Lab Siege

Promo Code
    A new promo code is now available until September 8th, 2017.
    • GCHAL0917 (Awards 10 Gauntlet Strikes)

Events

Gauntlet: Chalua
    The Chalua Gauntlet has returned! New items have been added to the Gauntlet Shop.
    • One new Commander, General, Troop (2), Siege, Relic and Support slot added
    • Legion Tactics IV
    • Infantry Plow Boost

Blessing of Mathala and SMITE buffs
    BoM and SMITE have been both buffed as follows:
    • Blessing of Mathala - Increased proc rate from 7% to 10%
    • SMITE - Increased proc rate from 13% to 17%

These changes will impact anyone who currently owns these Magics as well.

Daily Logins Updated
    40 Gauntlet Strikes have been added to each Daily Login box until September 8th, 2017.

Daily Assignments Update
    Gauntlet Strikes have been added to the pool of potential rewards for Daily Assignments until September 8th, 2017.
    • Only new Daily Assignments received since this patch have a chance to contain Gauntlet Strikes.
    • Gauntlet Strikes are not guaranteed to show up in Daily Assignments.

Fixes, Known Issues, and Updates
    • Update - The Gauntlet Shop has been rearranged so similar items are now found near each other as opposed to being arranged in a haphazard mess.
    • Update - Adjusted names of different Battalion expansion items to be more consistent
    • Fix - Balance Boost image no longer looks like a Support expansion slot

Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Insert your favorite thing]
    I liked it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Maybe we could: [Tell us if you want us to bring this event back, if you think we can do the same thing a new way, etc]

This week I didn't care for: [Insert what you didn't like]
    I didn't like it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Instead, let's: [Tell us how we can improve something like this in the future]

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    It's Legion Tactics IV, not III.

We already have 3 Legion Boosts in the Gauntlet shop.

^.^

Quote Originally Posted by unitedx View Post

^.^
    Listen...

LISTEN....

Counting is hard.

(Will fix it, thanks!)

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Listen...

LISTEN....

Counting is hard.

(Will fix it, thanks!)
    Lmao Mouse, say can we have a festival soon? Also what week will TED chests come back?

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by unitedx View Post

^.^
    I mean, come on, 5th PG just wants to rub it in Valve's face that they count that high.

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    5th commander slot is there, but cant be seen. (no scroll )

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Supply Line boosting all armaments by +250/250 still is not working properly in Battalion. It will visually add the +250/250 to all armaments but the Battalion Damage itself is not effected by it.

Quote Originally Posted by stryker62 View Post
    5th commander slot is there, but cant be seen. (no scroll )
    Working on a fix for this as we speak.

I mean, come on, 5th PG just wants to rub it in Valve's face that they count that high.
    Hope Valve has a pharmacy nearby. They'll need some cream for that buuuuuurn.

Supply Line boosting all armaments by +250/250 still is not working properly in Battalion. It will visually add the +250/250 to all armaments but the Battalion Damage itself is not effected by it.
    Will check this out, thanks.

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    This week I didn't care for: Gauntlet and MP
    I didn't like it because: Gauntlet is P2P [ZOMG F2P IZ MAD OVER GAUNTLET!!!11!!@2!!] and some of the rewards are really good for a person who doesn't really want to spend... Plus I miss my gorget from the 2-server Gauntlet [RIP 2-Server gauntlets...] and for the MP, I really don't like it only because it took you THIS LONG to make a single set of Acidic Gloves in the MP.
    Instead, let's: Make at least ONE gauntlet 2-servers instead of 4. Maybe make it where SMITE/BoM/Prem Troops/Ect. only come from 4-server while all other things come from both 4-Server and 2-Server

Now I know I will get a lot of hate for saying this... But -Ahem- the 2-server Gauntlet was the best thing this game gave to Free to Play players in a while. It gives weaker servers, such as Kasan, the chance to get stronger for the 4-server gauntlets. The gorgets also aren't that powerful unless you have millions of attack, and I am a perc build. So I only see it used for crit/questing. So please 5PG, bless your most hated player and her beloved server 2-server gauntlets...
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    This week I didn't care for: The Gauntlet
    I didn't like it because: it's the most useless event in this game. only the top ten ( whales, obviously ) can win something useful. so for 99% of the players, it's a huge waste of time.
    Instead, let's: forget that, never make another gauntlet, and find better event to create.
    Everything is relative, and this is the only absolute thing.

Thank you for the boosts to BoM and Smite! Much appreciated!

I hope in the future you will look to modify/boost voi, zes, and/or BT in a manner that makes them viable and worthwhile. Especially BT, DG is an impressive feat and would be nice to have a reward that isn't just fluff.

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel O'Conner View Post
    I didn't like it because: it's the most useless event in this game. only the top ten ( whales, obviously ) can win something useful. so for 99% of the players, it's a huge waste of time.
    Instead, let's: forget that, never make another gauntlet, and find better event to create.
    Agreed. This is why I always support the 2-Server gauntlets or single-server gauntlets [Which would be MUCH less useful and two-server]
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post

Now I know I will get a lot of hate for saying this... But -Ahem- the 2-server Gauntlet was the best thing this game gave to Free to Play players in a while.
    I concur, the 2 server-gauntlet was the best one to date. Much more reasonable achievement levels/costs and double the rewards for the overall dotd community across servers.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    This week I didn't care for: Gauntlet and MP
    I didn't like it because: Gauntlet is P2P [ZOMG F2P IZ MAD OVER GAUNTLET!!!11!!@2!!] and some of the rewards are really good for a person who doesn't really want to spend... Plus I miss my gorget from the 2-server Gauntlet [RIP 2-Server gauntlets...] and for the MP, I really don't like it only because it took you THIS LONG to make a single set of Acidic Gloves in the MP.
    Instead, let's: Make at least ONE gauntlet 2-servers instead of 4. Maybe make it where SMITE/BoM/Prem Troops/Ect. only come from 4-server while all other things come from both 4-Server and 2-Server

Now I know I will get a lot of hate for saying this... But -Ahem- the 2-server Gauntlet was the best thing this game gave to Free to Play players in a while. It gives weaker servers, such as Kasan, the chance to get stronger for the 4-server gauntlets. The gorgets also aren't that powerful unless you have millions of attack, and I am a perc build. So I only see it used for crit/questing. So please 5PG, bless your most hated player and her beloved server 2-server gauntlets...
    oh quite agree, having at least one gauntlet split up between the servers definition will boost interest in them. with them all thrown together you just have too few people with a realistic chance of getting into the top rewards. the net result is most wont even try.

if need be, they could for a 2 server gauntlet only award 5 of the 2nd place prizes instead of 9 maybe if they really worried about them being too powerful and leave the rest of the table the same perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel O'Conner View Post
    while is certainly is a pure pay to *win* event, there is still plenty of items for an established free player to get from the gauntlet with a little work. there is up to 40% legion boost. two near top tier general purpose magics. a couple of essences and a few armaments. a unique troop and somewhat nice general as well.

as a pure free player it might take some time to get all of the shinnies from the shop, but you can get the ones you most care about. just prioritize the items and get the ones you most want. like is no real need to get both magics at first, so just pick the one that you most want for yourself. likewise the essences are only really needed to be owned for a few scaling items, so there is no hurry with them either.

Quote Originally Posted by gogan35 View Post
    Thank you for the boosts to BoM and Smite! Much appreciated!

I hope in the future you will look to modify/boost voi, zes, and/or BT in a manner that makes them viable and worthwhile. Especially BT, DG is an impressive feat and would be nice to have a reward that isn't just fluff.
    have always said they should fix the level 2.5K/5K/10K magics so that the scale based off the number of players that have reached those levels. it would have to be a diminishing returns scaling and not a linear one of course. something like first 10 to reach the rank gives one boost, the next boost is at 100 reaching the rank, then a boost at 1000. just and example, the devs know the player base numbers better to make a more fitting scaling of course.

but at least for those magics, you can let the game's progression take care of them somewhat automatically. you want the level 2.5K magic bit stronger, encourage/help fellow players to reach that rank

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: None

This week I didn't care for: gauntlet but ill play along

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Since New items have been added to the Gauntlet Shop.

It has pushed some of the armaments I had previously loaded into other slots e.g I have Titan's Downfall in a Siege slot even though its a Support armament.

Will this happen to everyone buying the extra armament slots?
    Ninja - Occasional Genius - Beer Taster - Air Guitar Luthier - Retired Philosoper - Member of the Ice Brigadiers

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Since New items have been added to the Gauntlet Shop.

It has pushed some of the armaments I had previously loaded into other slots e.g I have Titan's Downfall in a Siege slot even though its a Support armament.

Will this happen to everyone buying the extra armament slots?

yes is a known "feature". basically each gauntlet you really need to clear all your armaments and reenter them each time to be sure they are actually in the proper spots.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I would be much prefer doing the single server Gauntlet or widening the level range - we need more ppl having Smite and BoM just for the sake of availability and compensating the dmg requirement on raids. Ranting.. caz I am going to lose the neck piece :P
    J_DapperChap | Officer of Kronos II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast