Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Patch Notes: August 25th, 2017

  1. #41
    Town Guard
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    58


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    0
    imo : att...proc...def

  2. #42
    Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!
    Posts
    4,934


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by ODragon View Post
    Since very few people will have the 60k to max, what order would you max them in. IE, Attack, then proc, then defense or some other order.
    I would do attack, then defense, then proc last. Attack and defense can be useful beyond just raiding, but the proc is only useful for raiding.

    Then again, if you never do Gauntlet or Invasion, then perhaps it doesn't matter.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

  3. #43
    Town Guard
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Krasnystaw
    Posts
    87


    My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Rep Power
    4
    Attack and defense can be useful beyond just raiding, but the proc is only useful for raiding.
    is it? lets see...
    one attack bonus (50) gives about 1500-2000 legion damage for most of us (on gp legion).
    defence one 5 times less - 300-400 ld.

    proc bonus adds 750 to average proc cap, which on non-magicked raid scales down with mounts only.
    that's like halving it even for total beginners (asuming everyone has at least soww), but for most of us it will be something between 400 and 1500 percent effective mount bonus, bringing it down to roughly 50-150. now, the bonus from mimic, max is 205% i belive.
    so, after some rounding, one proc bonus is the equivalent to about 150-450 ld on non-magicked raid, and a few times less on magicked one - say, 50-150 with 200% magic, and 25-75 with 500% typical for deadlies.
    and i would say that the second value is more infomative, since we rarely care for damage on non-magicked rads - with one notable exception, naturally.

    in the end we have something like:
    att 1500-2000
    def 300-400
    proc 50-150 (25-75 deadlies, 150-450 wr/er)
    .

    (btw. i wonder if devs realize how ,useful' are capped procs?)

    edit: sorry, made a mistake with mimic bonus initially, now it looks somewhat better.
    Last edited by czaka; 1st September 2017 at 15:36.

  4. #44
    Disciple of the Traveller
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,811
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by czaka View Post
    (btw. i wonder if devs realise how ,useful' are capped procs?)
    who ever said they meant for this general to be "useful" and not just something to collect and waste resources on?

  5. #45
    Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!
    Posts
    4,934


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by czaka View Post
    is it?
    Yes. It is.

    "How" useful it is compared to attack or defense is irrelevant to the point I was making. On the other hand, your post only makes the point even stronger.

    You should boost up attack and defense before boosting up the proc.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

  6. #46
    Silver Arrow
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    159


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    2
    i did some testing at different proc boost %
    0% proc boost = 205000
    25% proc boost = Coalesce contributed 7,892,500 damage.
    50% proc boost = Coalesce contributed 15,580,000 damage.
    75% proc boost = Coalesce contributed 23,267,500 damage.
    100% proc boost = Coalesce contributed 30,955,000 damage.

    each bone spike adds 135,750 proc dmg. This could be different based on different buffs people have.. not sure.

  7. #47
    Town Guard
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Krasnystaw
    Posts
    87


    My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by IllisShaki View Post
    0% proc boost = 205000
    25% proc boost = Coalesce contributed 7,892,500 damage.
    50% proc boost = Coalesce contributed 15,580,000 damage.
    75% proc boost = Coalesce contributed 23,267,500 damage.
    100% proc boost = Coalesce contributed 30,955,000 damage.

    each bone spike adds 135,750 proc dmg. This could be different based on different buffs people have.. not sure.
    that's not the proc in the first place, that's twenty and a half of them :)
    you have all info in the description - each spike adds 7,5k to proc cap, 20,5 times of that is 153750.
    and there no such thing as proc buffs - other than spikes in this case.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Yes. It is.

    "How" useful it is compared to attack or defense is irrelevant to the point I was making. On the other hand, your post only makes the point even stronger.

    You should boost up attack and defense before boosting up the proc.
    mind that sticking to this interpretation, you're actually cancelling said point - if the amount of usefulness is irrelevant, then the reasoning for buffs order, based on this amount, is also irrelevant :)

    but in fact, there was no irony in my question. before doing ,math' i hoped that maybe this time proc will be somewhat useful.

    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    who ever said they meant for this general to be "useful" and not just something to collect and waste resources on?
    something that keeps us busy and spending resources - isn't that exactly the definition of useful thing, from the devs perspective? :)
    still, it should theoretically cost them nothing to make it also useful to us as well. and it is - but only in ,half' as usually.

    but, i was refering to all procs, rather to the general. majority of them is so irrelevant that they could be totally removed - with almost no loss for us in terms of damage - possibly reducing lag :)
    but i guess the game would be less appealing without them.

  8. #48
    Sister of Radiance Fiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    262
    Rep Power
    5
    I get 60,000 so i have no dilemma on putting them.

    If I would choose between 30,000 craft mat it would be 20,000 to attack and the rest is proc boost. because defense is not that worth it, if i remember correctly in legion it has attack/3 value. but proc could be help you more on raid (which also help you grow faster) than just 5,000 def (1700 attack) but basically no proc. if you have mimic it help more. just my thought, not sure if it is really optimal because i am not math geek.

  9. #49
    World Mender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    1,474
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiel View Post
    If I would choose between 30,000 craft mat it would be 20,000 to attack and the rest is proc boost. because defense is not that worth it, if i remember correctly in legion it has attack/3 value. but proc could be help you more on raid (which also help you grow faster) than just 5,000 def (1700 attack) but basically no proc. if you have mimic it help more. just my thought, not sure if it is really optimal because i am not math geek.
    And this is why being informed is important.

    From the wiki:
    Legion damage for units is calculated as follows:
    Generals = 2*Attack + .4*Defense
    Troops = 1.44*Attack + .36*Defense

  10. #50
    Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!
    Posts
    4,934


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by czaka View Post
    mind that sticking to this interpretation, you're actually cancelling said point - if the amount of usefulness is irrelevant, then the reasoning for buffs order, based on this amount, is also irrelevant
    No. You've missed my point. There's a difference between raids and Gauntlet/Invasion for this General. For raiding, you can make an argument about the usefulness of the Proc vs. Att/Def. But for Gauntlet and Invasion, there's no debate. The Proc is completely useless there while Att/Def are not. So anyone that cares about Gauntlet and/or Invasion should boost Att/Def first and Proc only once Att/Def are maxed.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Patch Notes: August 18th, 2017
    By Mouse in forum Change/Update Logs
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 25th August 2017, 16:51
  2. Patch Notes: August 11th, 2017
    By Mouse in forum Change/Update Logs
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 18th August 2017, 20:43
  3. Patch Notes: August 4th, 2017
    By Mouse in forum Change/Update Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10th August 2017, 19:49
  4. Web Patch Notes: November 25th, 2015
    By Logann in forum Change/Update Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th November 2015, 20:26
  5. Web Patch Notes: September 25th, 2015
    By Logann in forum Change/Update Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th September 2015, 18:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •