Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes: August 25th, 2017

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Ahhhh, the old i'm a free player and you should give me best stuff immediately

Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Quote Originally Posted by machete1 View Post
    Ahhhh, the old i'm a free player and you should give me best stuff immediately
    If it was easy we'd all be free players and if we were all free players then there would be no game left to play.

Overall I think the devs have struck a pretty good balance what with all the pot give aways, PC for AP and pitchfork tokens, etc.
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitee View Post
    Also can you add a bar somewhere top/bot corner when you join a raid to see your pots bar would help a lot instead of switching back and forth that's like hardest part i think xd

Why?? is it too much of a hassle to click the green arrow under your portrait and use that pot bar?? No need to switch from raid to profile to use pots.. there is that bar in the buff display. I have stayed in single raids for several levels using that pot bar in the buff display.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitee View Post
    Also can you add a bar somewhere top/bot corner when you join a raid to see your pots bar would help a lot instead of switching back and forth that's like hardest part i think xd
    it would be more useful if they would fix it so that you could click on the race tags inside a raid to change gears to the sets you have already preselected for that race.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    so a free 10K/5K general... too many other generals that do other special type things (ie, boost all troops X amount
    Why would you use a weak general that boosts your troops over a 10k/5k general?

Even at +100/100 A/D to all troops in the legion, that only adds at most 7k A/D, and does it through troops, which don't contribute as much as generals to begin with.

I can understand keeping weaker generals with strong procs, but why keep a weak general that only adds A/D and does so to a lesser degree than just keeping the stronger general would.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Think the on-hit drops on the WR need to be adjusted. They're not dropping very often which means only high lvl players with lots of pots will be able to max the general. Or possibly, slightly reduce number of bones needed for each boost. Seems unfair.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    20K done... 10K more to go (expecting 30K on the loot) I feel that I am averaging 1000-1200 per level so total 30 lvl give and take to max the gen. it about 2 pot to level so not too bad.... but time consuming because of large bar. We NEED hit key above 20*5, like 20*50 :P
    J_DapperChap | Officer of Kronos II

Quote Originally Posted by Bagan View Post
    Think the on-hit drops on the WR need to be adjusted. They're not dropping very often which means only high lvl players with lots of pots will be able to max the general. Or possibly, slightly reduce number of bones needed for each boost. Seems unfair.
    really they should have made sure that at max loot you would have enough bones to craft everything.

and really level has nothing much to do with it. it will take roughly 75K 20 hits to get 30K bones. it is raw resources consumed that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by jonamse View Post
    20K done... 10K more to go (expecting 30K on the loot) I feel that I am averaging 1000-1200 per level so total 30 lvl give and take to max the gen. it about 2 pot to level so not too bad.... but time consuming because of large bar. We NEED hit key above 20*5, like 20*50 :P
    there has been a standing request, at least for WRs, to have an option to in one or two clicks dump an entire bar. since they are just timed events, it doesn't matter how slow or fast the damage gets processed. the game should be able to calculate a normal average hit damage. then just count how many 20 hits would consume the whole bar. and just multiple the average hit by the number of hits and in one lump sum add that to the WR damage.

in the process they should be able to give the player the normal average return from on hit drop items.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagan View Post
    The drops appear to be weighted by hit size. Just hit with 20's. It's not efficient to farm with 1's on this WR.

With 20's, they drop at a pretty good clip. Think I read 40% drop rate with 20's.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    My level bracket and duel rank has zero other players in it. the duel event is content that i literally cannot participate in.

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Really the worst thing about this entire patch is the WR and Bone Amalg. The cost to upgrade it to maxed is pretty mad unless you hit max tier, but even then still high... Really just want Community tiers back instead of these tiers.
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    Really the worst thing about this entire patch is the WR and Bone Amalg. The cost to upgrade it to maxed is pretty mad unless you hit max tier, but even then still high... Really just want Community tiers back instead of these tiers.
    My issue with these types of comments is the assumption that max tier will get the max return from the craftables. I am sitting at 90t with a total of 2900 plus or minus at most 30.

Yep, I will have to overhit like crazy to get this maxed. XD Yay..
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Plundarr View Post
    My issue with these types of comments is the assumption that max tier will get the max return from the craftables. I am sitting at 90t with a total of 2900 plus or minus at most 30.

Yep, I will have to overhit like crazy to get this maxed. XD Yay..
    Or, you know, just wait until it runs a 2nd time.

This wouldn't be the first WR that even at max tier needed multiple runs to be able to get everything. At least this time, if you don't want to wait for the 2nd run sometime in the future, you have the option to massively overhit and get everything right now.

Personally, I don't like how much we need to overhit to get everything right now, but I don't really have a problem with it either.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Or, you know, just wait until it runs a 2nd time.

This wouldn't be the first WR that even at max tier needed multiple runs to be able to get everything. At least this time, if you don't want to wait for the 2nd run sometime in the future, you have the option to massively overhit and get everything right now.

Personally, I don't like how much we need to overhit to get everything right now, but I don't really have a problem with it either.
    The problem with waiting for a re-run Ahlyis, is that he will be much stronger than today.
    Thus he will need less resources to get max tier, meaning less drops and way more re-runs.

How is that any better than the [bad,annoying,illogical] option to massively over-hit ?

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooktook View Post
    The problem with waiting for a re-run Ahlyis, is that he will be much stronger than today.
    Thus he will need less resources to get max tier, meaning less drops and way more re-runs.

How is that any better than the [bad,annoying,illogical] option to massively over-hit ?
    At max tier you get 30k drops in end loot. It only takes 60k to completely max out the general... so how exactly will it take him MORE than 2 runs regardless of how strong he is?

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    [SIZE=200]
    Fixes, Known Issues, and Updates
    [LIST][*] Update - Per this post, Pit of Bone has received the following changes:

• Max tier changed from 5t to 40t
    • OS changed from ~1t to 5t (more items will drop at 2t and 5t now)
    • In addition to normal loot, 500 SP given at 20t and 1,000 SP given at 40t
    • New tiers: 10t, 20t, 40t
    what are defining as OS?
    Starting 10/10/2010
    Immortal 5/18/2015
    Duel r44-Colosseum r40-Invasion r32
    P.B. 23,68b

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Promo code]
    I liked it because: [Free PC]
    Maybe we could: [Relax ]

This week I didn't care for: [New World Raid: Helsyph the Gravewarden]
    I didn't like it because: [Last tiers are insane (only for few players). Same is boosting the loot general.]
    Instead, let's: [Community tiers would be fine.]

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    At max tier you get 30k drops in end loot. It only takes 60k to completely max out the general... so how exactly will it take him MORE than 2 runs regardless of how strong he is?
    Well I have no real issue with how the World Raid is set up, so you found an issue that was not there.

However, I do prefer this over the forced wait on some other World Raids.

We do have the issue of the re-run as you mention though. It is entirely possible given how stats have grown on troops and generals recently that even maxed this one may be fodder by the time a re-run occurs. So in the short term, maxing it out now would be the wise decision due to the bang it comes with in stats and such.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

World Mender
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Plundarr View Post
    So in the short term, maxing it out now would be the wise decision due to the bang it comes with in stats and such.
    Since very few people will have the 60k to max, what order would you max them in. IE, Attack, then proc, then defense or some other order.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast