Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes: August 25th, 2017

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

Patch Notes: August 25th, 2017

Scheduled Maintenance
    Features

Limited Offers!
    The following items are available for one week only!

Giant Juice (Consumable)
    You're not entirely convinced by the theory that imbibing juiced giant organs will help you slay those beings in battle. But anything's worth a try...
    • Increases critical hit chance by 5% against Giants for 12 hours

Gurston's Gargantuan Gore Gusher (Consumable)
    Most humans who fight giants end up as red smears. But Durston (and his similarly named alter egos) promised that this wouldn't happen to anyone who drank one of his potions first. And he told the absolute truth. Those individuals tend to make purplish stains instead, due to the alchemical mixture within their blood.
    • Increases Attack by 20% against Giants for 12 hours

Potion Bundles
    Volatile Stamina, Energy and Honor Bundles are available for one week only.

Promo Code
    A new promo code is now available! Act quick, this code will only work until September 1st, 2017.
    • AUG1087 (Awards 3 PC)

Events

New World Raid: Helsyph the Gravewarden
    Tales speak of great hounds roaming the afterlife in search of easy prey to satiate their hunger. Helsyph is their master and a warden for death itself. She guards the gates of the underworld and allows only the worthy to enter her esteemed halls.

When a mighty battle has reached its climax, if you listen closely you can hear the baying of Helsyph’s hounds as they eagerly anticipate the coming meal.
    This is a 120 hour, timed event, starting on Friday, August 25th.
    This raid is categorized as Colossal, World Raid, Giant, Underground, Beast, Undead
    • On Hit Drops: Red Splintered Bones
    • Common Loot: Red Splintered Bones
    • Uncommon Loot: Red Splintered Bones
    • Rare Loot: Red Splintered Bones
    • This raid also contains guaranteed drops as you make your way up the loot tiers.

Duel Event
    For one week only you can acquire Duel Tokens from Duels!
    • These Tokens are used to create items in the craft tab.
    • Tokens are not a guaranteed drop
    • The new Izot's Code Support item can now be crafted using Duel Tokens from this event

Fixes, Known Issues, and Updates
    • Update - Per this post, Pit of Bone has received the following changes:

• Max tier changed from 5t to 40t
      • OS changed from ~1t to 5t (more items will drop at 2t and 5t now)
      • In addition to normal loot, 500 SP given at 20t and 1,000 SP given at 40t
      • New tiers: 10t, 20t, 40t
    • Fix - Fixed an issue that prevented certain accounts from participating in Duels

Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Insert your favorite thing]
    I liked it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Maybe we could: [Tell us if you want us to bring this event back, if you think we can do the same thing a new way, etc]

This week I didn't care for: [Insert what you didn't like]
    I didn't like it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Instead, let's: [Tell us how we can improve something like this in the future]
    Last edited by Ayah; 25th August 2017 at 20:21.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    WR with decent top tier... Nice.

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Still not seeing the point of the 500 and 1k SP on Pit, but thx for the new tiers. the will help a lot.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    "

• Increases Attack against Construct by 3,000 for 3 hours"

Good Thing your not really seeling this to us. Bad thing you thought you would do and did not wonder about it

EDIT: Come on Devs: Do some math!!
    I did 1 T on the WR and got around 120 drops. SO i will get 10,8k at 90T! Together with the 30k i get from that tier i have around 40k. I need 60k to max out gen. I'm not the biggest hitter by far. So ppl need to go far over 90T (or hit naked) to get this gen maxed out. You must be joking. When ppl do 90T give them the maxed out Gen...

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by NoIllusion View Post
    "

Good Thing your not really seeling this to us. Bad thing you thought you would do and did not wonder about it
    Fixed

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by NoIllusion View Post
    "

EDIT: Come on Devs: Do some math!!
    I did 1 T on the WR and got around 120 drops. SO i will get 10,8k at 90T! Together with the 30k i get from that tier i have around 40k. I need 60k to max out gen. I'm not the biggest hitter by far. So ppl need to go far over 90T (or hit naked) to get this gen maxed out. You must be joking. When ppl do 90T give them the maxed out Gen...
    For a 10k attack freemium - that is a cake walk

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I don't like how a fantastic f2p mount, which could really help newer players not feel like they're weaker than infants with the power creep, is locked behind a tier which is a struggle for most people who couldn't get loot from Pit of Bones. The fact the tier is so high feels kind of like a slap in the face for those that struggle to even hit 1t

Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyhrron View Post
    I don't like how a fantastic f2p mount, which could really help newer players not feel like they're weaker than infants with the power creep, is locked behind a tier which is a struggle for most people who couldn't get loot from Pit of Bones. The fact the tier is so high feels kind of like a slap in the face for those that struggle to even hit 1t
    There's always next time. Not everything has to be handed to everyone. Grow for it and work for it.
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by TitoBandito View Post
    There's always next time. Not everything has to be handed to everyone. Grow for it and work for it.
    There is also a case for letting lower levels get something to help them out. This gives them a positive outlook on the game in that the devs help lower level players and they might be more willing to spend. Not everything has to be a "just get it next time" type of system. Sometimes it's beneficial to give something like that to everyone and inspire just a teensy bit of good will.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    To max out this raid, assuming one hit max tier (90t) with a drop rate of 40% with 20 enery/stam/honor, one would need 30 k drop.Thats 1 500 000 cumulated energy /stam /honor. I have 11440 energy/4k/2680 honor, so you want me to hit your wr for 83 time my 3 bars? really?

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyhrron View Post
    well assuming at some point the spectral bones become obtainable from something other than the mount itself, there is a way to craft the mount from them.

and really it seems kind of odd that the mount is the only thing that seems to drop the item to craft the mount. almost like someone has goofed the loot table somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by firejuggler View Post
    To max out this raid, assuming one hit max tier (90t) with a drop rate of 40% with 20 enery/stam/honor, one would need 30 k drop.Thats 1 500 000 cumulated energy /stam /honor. I have 12k energy/4.5k/2600 honor, so you want me tohit your wr for 80 time my 3 bars? really?
    why do you assume you need to max out the general first time through? at 90T, you for free have half the needed craftables. the general is nothing particularly special aside from a big number potentially one attack and defense. but even there, at just the drops from 90T, you would be able to boosts it attack to max and its defense to halfway.

so a free 10K/5K general, that can be bumped up a bit more if you willing to work at it. can tell you right now its proc even at max would not justify adding it to any of my legions, too many other generals that do other special type things (ie, boost all troops X amount or mimic other procs and the like).

so that it might take some over hitting to max it out is fairly harmless. the ones that will "have" to over hit most likely wont have a place for it in most of their legions anyway.

Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Quote Originally Posted by Driger View Post
    There is also a case for letting lower levels get something to help them out. This gives them a positive outlook on the game in that the devs help lower level players and they might be more willing to spend. Not everything has to be a "just get it next time" type of system. Sometimes it's beneficial to give something like that to everyone and inspire just a teensy bit of good will.
    Yes, and just about all the older WRs and ERs are that way. You'll find the reverse complaint about those here quite a bit - too easy. Overall I think the devs strike a good balance and you really DON'T have to get everything the first time.

Sometimes, yes. All the time, no.
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Just a suggestion:

Please add a boost to Izot's Unique Troop whenever you re-release the Duel event.

(Or just Re-vamp it whenever you re-release the Duel Event)

Maybe do it for the mount too and all the other Duel event items?

My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [New WR and fix to pit of bone raid]
    I liked it because: [increases in reward amount and ML are much much better.. i think raids will still linger a bit long but not nearly as bad as before.. thank you for your attention on this.]
    Maybe we could: Monitor performace of POB and see if there are futher adjustments needed.. thank you.

This week I didn't care for: [Mostly a good week.. thank you]

I see the chalua gauntlet will be released next week on Sept 1. This may be a little off topic for this string but.. We won't get a SoTG post in time to annouce this gauntlet and/or potential changes or updates to gauntlet rewards in time to comment on them and/or potentially influence further modification to them so i'll put my plea in now..

I hope with this gauntlet you will be giving another boost to smite and BoM since they are once again falling behind on the magic power curve. Especially for 99% of the population that does not own bom or smite, the damage from bom or smite is less or interchangable to many of the new magics that have been released over the past 3-4 months.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    i want to ask why you stopped testing the new wr's with magics? i am sure you mentioned trying out magics for future wr's

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Love the new World Raid and the upgrade to Pit of Bone's loot tiers. Oh, and the return of the duel event with new loot even.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitee View Post
    i want to ask why you stopped testing the new wr's with magics? i am sure you mentioned trying out magics for future wr's
    Well, the WR doesn't drop any magics, now does it? :P

Quote Originally Posted by gogan35 View Post
    I see the chalua gauntlet will be released next week on Sept 1. This may be a little off topic for this string but.. We won't get a SoTG post in time to annouce this gauntlet and/or potential changes or updates to gauntlet rewards in time to comment on them and/or potentially influence further modification to them so i'll put my plea in now..

I hope with this gauntlet you will be giving another boost to smite and BoM since they are once again falling behind on the magic power curve. Especially for 99% of the population that does not own bom or smite, the damage from bom or smite is less or interchangable to many of the new magics that have been released over the past 3-4 months.
    personally just hope they will look into some of the damage oddities have noticed. I tend to average 1.5% less damage than the displayed gauntlet battalion damage. its not a big deal, but do kind of wonder just what is getting processed wrong.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Also can you add a bar somewhere top/bot corner when you join a raid to see your pots bar would help a lot instead of switching back and forth that's like hardest part i think xd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast