Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes: August 18th, 2017

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegfarms View Post
    You summoned the wrong raid. "In addition to these raids we’re also bringing back The Scaled God from a previous War event. This World Raid will be unchanged and will run with max possible tiers."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    The tiers as presented are what's intended. This is the max tier the community reached and is therefor the max possible tier.
    Max possible tiers is whatever is programmed in the game. Which in this case would be the actual max one. Even the loot tables already existed beforehand.
    It's possible that they actually only programmed in the tiers the community reached, adding the missing tiers would be more complicated than simply summoning a different raid.

That said, I think the communication here was laughable.

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrolizard View Post
    It's possible that they actually only programmed in the tiers the community reached, adding the missing tiers would be more complicated than simply summoning a different raid.

That said, I think the communication here was laughable.
    whats worse, for anyone that did max it out the last time, there is functionally nothing at all to get from it this time around. aside from the direct stats, which are useful of course.

they could have added in a community loot tier of some sort to make the missed tier loot available. even could have made the community target a true stretch if they liked.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    whats worse, for anyone that did max it out the last time, there is functionally nothing at all to get from it this time around. aside from the direct stats, which are useful of course.

they could have added in a community loot tier of some sort to make the missed tier loot available. even could have made the community target a true stretch if they liked.
    They should have added community loot to that magical creature WR, I'd of gone for 1q+.

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Ok I got it:

"In addition to these raids we’re also bringing back The Scaled God from a previous War event. This World Raid will be unchanged and will run with max possible tiers."

as opposed to

"In addition to these raids we’re also bringing back The Scaled God from a previous War event. This World Raid will be unchanged and will run with max tiers that the community reached last time."

Yeah you guys could have really said this a lot better. While we're at it, why can't we run old wars again? Why does it have to be a non-repreatable event unlike everything else about Dotd? Imo, that is the bigger issue here.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by eevee View Post
    While we're at it, why can't we run old wars again? Why does it have to be a non-repreatable event unlike everything else about Dotd? Imo, that is the bigger issue here.
    So people do not have a need to save their contributions for next time it is run... they want people to actually use them for the war.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    You summoned the wrong raid. "In addition to these raids we’re also bringing back The Scaled God from a previous War event. This World Raid will be unchanged and will run with max possible tiers."
    Nope. This is the right World Raid. And the tiers are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Flick View Post
    Since phase 1 was skipped this time around, why not make the Mirrorscale Chest a craftable from the WR's on-hit drops? Or the gear directly? Would've been nice for those that missed the War the first time you ran it, or who weren't able to get all of the pieces.
    Agreed. I want a maxed Wardcaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalain View Post
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: The game is still up
    I liked it because: We get to play for another week and there is nothing else positive to highlight
    Maybe we could: Keep this going for a long time

This week I didn't care for: The War WR resummoned without a chance to actually max it.
    I didn't like it because: It is punishing the players' failure a second time without a chance to rectify the problem
    Instead, let's: Either rerun the War itself for another chance to qualify max or just release the raid at the actual max tier.
    "Punishing the players' failure a second time without a chance to rectify the problem" Hold the damn phone. We aren't being punished because this is what the community EARNED. We didn't EARN all the tiers and they should NOT rerun a War. War, in both games and the real world, are once. You can't re-run a War that already happened the in the real world and they should not re-run a war in the game. You should be happy that you at least get a second chance at this max tier on this World Raid instead of down talking how we are being punished. This wouldn't count as punishment, this would count as torture because they would be sadistic for doing this to remind us of our "failure" after we EARNED these tiers.
    All I ever wanted was full Mirrorscale, but don't hear me complaining.
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Anklebiters is now obsolete with the new Marrow March legion (not counting the premium legions for PCs).
    I think top tier prices is too high for players who really will need it. Others will already have it from previous year or it will not help to make
    Anklebiters better than new antigiant legions.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Wow, I'm really disappointed with the whole, "You failed the first time, you've failed forever," mentality. I also have to agree that the clear statement is, "...max possible tiers." How is it possible to interpret that to mean the complete opposite?

Whatever you meant to say, this whole event feels pretty sour.

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrolizard View Post
    This is, in fact, the case. We would need to make that previously shown 4th tier "from scratch." Definitely viable to do for a future summon but not going to happen for this one.

This is the first time we've summoned a War raid like this before. The confusion surrounding the "top tier" makes sense and all I can really do is apologize that this wasn't more clear in the SoTG and that I'll strive to do better in the future.

Will collect the feedback here for future, similar War World Raid situations.

Thanks.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    This is, in fact, the case. We would need to make that previously shown 4th tier "from scratch." Definitely viable to do for a future summon but not going to happen for this one.

This is the first time we've summoned a War raid like this before. The confusion surrounding the "top tier" makes sense and all I can really do is apologize that this wasn't more clear in the SoTG and that I'll strive to do better in the future.

Thanks.
    This, I can work with. Maybe a little late, but thank you for the patient explanation and the opportunity for conductive feedback.

This also stands to clearly explain mechanics like this going forward, regardless of potential feedback.

Thanks, Mouse.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post

"Punishing the players' failure a second time without a chance to rectify the problem" Hold the damn phone. We aren't being punished because this is what the community EARNED. We didn't EARN all the tiers and they should NOT rerun a War. War, in both games and the real world, are once. You can't re-run a War that already happened the in the real world and they should not re-run a war in the game. You should be happy that you at least get a second chance at this max tier on this World Raid instead of down talking how we are being punished. This wouldn't count as punishment, this would count as torture because they would be sadistic for doing this to remind us of our "failure" after we EARNED these tiers.
    Earned? I'm sorry maybe you forget who is trying to earn who's money here with this game. The players don't earn anything, and there is certainly nothing preventing the devs from offering a more rewarding experience in the hopes of continued exchange of money from a happy playerbase into their coffers. Now, i agree punishment is a poor term as well though in this circumstance, it would probably be better to call it negative reinforcement to discourage player engagement and enjoyment. The devs don't really owe the players anything, but the players don't owe the devs anything either so they aren't ever obligated to express admiration about minimum effort re-run content.

Wars can be re-ran, most of the planet did with world war 2 after already having had a world war and it didn't stop them. Since you made this silly comparison between a game mechanic and the real world we should probably discuss how the heck we keep running the same quests, campaigns, and raids, over, and over, and over, even when many of them have been killed off in the story line. If you "can't" re-run phase 1 of a war how can we re-run phase 2? Don't compare the game to real world, its silly.
    Last edited by rgreen83; 19th August 2017 at 04:23.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Maybe in future Re-Runs of a War World Raid turn the gear Drops or Magic Boosts from that war into Crafts Utilizing on hit drops.
    This way those people who Missed the WAR can get the gear they missed out on.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is:
    1) World Raid: The Scaled God
    2) New Item Pack Update!

This week I didn't care for:
    1) -

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

Nah it's wrong. Mouse used bad grammar.

On that note I don't want repeats of War WRs if we're not getting actual Max tier. It means we can NEVER have the familiar we missed from the first war.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    "Constructive," sorry, autocorrect didn't like it.

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by rgreen83 View Post
    Earned? I'm sorry maybe you forget who is trying to earn who's money here with this game. The players don't earn anything, and there is certainly nothing preventing the devs from offering a more rewarding experience in the hopes of continued exchange of money from a happy playerbase into their coffers. Now, i agree punishment is a poor term as well though in this circumstance, it would probably be better to call it negative reinforcement to discourage player engagement and enjoyment. The devs don't really owe the players anything, but the players don't owe the devs anything either so they aren't ever obligated to express admiration about minimum effort re-run content.

Wars can be re-ran, most of the planet did with world war 2 after already having had a world war and it didn't stop them. Since you made this silly comparison between a game mechanic and the real world we should probably discuss how the heck we keep running the same quests, campaigns, and raids, over, and over, and over, even when many of them have been killed off in the story line. If you "can't" re-run phase 1 of a war how can we re-run phase 2? Don't compare the game to real world, its silly.
    1. I lack to see how we didn't earn anything. We had to work to obtain Tier 3, not work to obtain Wars in the first place. So be thankful 5PG came up with the idea of this.
    2. Yes. I know they are a business that "want" money. [I sound lack a jack saying that] Though isn't that, ya know, everyone on earth who runs a business...?
    3. Please explain how this is a negative reinforcement to discourage us from enjoying the game. Clearly we have a World Raid up so we can enjoy hitting that instead of deadlies.
    4. 5PG "owes" its loyal players content and if we want this content, some of us, not ALL but not NONE, need to help them stay alive with money. Sorry you dislike business practices like this because without this payment they would most likely pay from their own pockets if they wanted the game to stay alive.
    5. Not a silly comparison. I wouldn't want a World War 2 again, after all we don't need more genocide Even with the same "If it happened once, it can happen again" I rather not have to go to war again with someone we killed. [Because, you know, LORE WISE we have killed every single person a raid is based on, so LORE WISE we can't kill someone or something that is dead. Please think about LORE​.]
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by SEGStriker View Post
    Anklebiters is now obsolete with the new Marrow March legion (not counting the premium legions for PCs).
    I think top tier prices is too high for players who really will need it. Others will already have it from previous year or it will not help to make
    Anklebiters better than new antigiant legions.
    Totally agree. Anklebitters legion is not useful now nor the boosts.

Disciple of the Traveller
    5. Not a silly comparison. I wouldn't want a World War 2 again, after all we don't need more genocide Even with the same "If it happened once, it can happen again" I rather not have to go to war again with someone we killed. [Because, you know, LORE WISE we have killed every single person a raid is based on, so LORE WISE we can't kill someone or something that is dead. Please think about LORE​.]

umm actually lore wise, there is a bunch of necromancers running around reanimating all the raids we kill and Faustus has to find them for us. is what it says in the player intro stuff that am sure few ever actually read.

so until we find those shadowy necromancers nothing we kill is actually dead....

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Wars are effectively re-run all the time. Groups come back and fight. Who's to say we wiped them out in the first war. Since war does not have a quest story line, not sure I see what the problem is.

I would much rather have a war re-run to get another chance at a tier than what we have here.

I find just tossing the World Raid at us as we earned it long ago, just boring. It does make me want to pay less than I have in the past. In terms of business, they would probably be better suited to just run the whole event again instead of just phase 2. I do not mind paying for things in this game, but the execution of this tied into their apparent inability to communicate clearly is an issue.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I don't mind not having tier 4, but I would like it if crafts could be added for the war gear or something similar.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast