Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patch Notes: August 11th, 2017

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Would love to see a fix for Mathias the Master as well, like you did for Tussao.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    This is not that important, and my English is definitely not the best. However, should the underlined word be "the" in this flavor text?

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Please consider allowing us to use energy in large raids like bone pit, we have like 18 failing on AG
    On this note huge raids are great but since deadly's use energy there isn't much point to use stamina
    Also perc rewards in tearms of sp are very low compared to deadly raids, i mean I can do like 10 deadly drak on a bar of E that's like 1m SP at 5T tier over like 30k sp max in quests, I believe there should be a balance between the 2 resources, after you have everything from quests there is no reason to quest anymore... similar to deadly there should be a reward for daily players rather then the deadlys, we could then chose which to do. I understand there is a issue with a possible abuse but we could tie sp return on quest to perception tiers so at 500k perc 700k and 1m perc we could get a slightly lower reward then if we hit say...5T on deadly s. The reason I bring this up is that limited number of deadly drak makes you either overhit a lot OR just not leveling passed a point... wich keeps you from the game, so I go in hit 2 deadlys and can't lvl, don't want to overhit the 5t-10t mark and i tag camp then out. Sometimes like with bone pit I will waste E just to get a refill for that raid but generally i would avoid to lvl

thank you for consideration, great update overall

World Mender

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by cerealis View Post
    Please consider allowing us to use energy in large raids like bone pit, we have like 18 failing on AG
    On this note huge raids are great but since deadly's use energy there isn't much point to use stamina
    Also perc rewards in tearms of sp are very low compared to deadly raids, i mean I can do like 10 deadly drak on a bar of E that's like 1m SP at 5T tier over like 30k sp max in quests, I believe there should be a balance between the 2 resources, after you have everything from quests there is no reason to quest anymore... similar to deadly there should be a reward for daily players rather then the deadlys, we could then chose which to do. I understand there is a issue with a possible abuse but we could tie sp return on quest to perception tiers so at 500k perc 700k and 1m perc we could get a slightly lower reward then if we hit say...5T on deadly s. The reason I bring this up is that limited number of deadly drak makes you either overhit a lot OR just not leveling passed a point... wich keeps you from the game, so I go in hit 2 deadlys and can't lvl, don't want to overhit the 5t-10t mark and i tag camp then out. Sometimes like with bone pit I will waste E just to get a refill for that raid but generally i would avoid to lvl

thank you for consideration, great update overall
    OS on Deadly Drakontos is 5 trillion...and yields 2.4M or so SP for 10. The fact that raids return about 100x the SP as questing is terrible. And then the devs do bizarre things like REDUCE the increase on the new tier of books making it even stupider. (Those new brown books are only 50% higher than the platinum instead of 2x...despite the HUGE sizes of the gold, platinum, and new brown tiers)
    They still have the quest bosses dropping garbage!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    i think there is a problem with Houndmaster.

I just did a Fooby after a raid and found that while the mount has procced 11x, HM has only procced 10x. That said, the calculation for damage was correct, in that HM hit for approximately 25% of mount damage. But this would also not account for the damage HM should generate by itself, independent of the mount.

http://www.fooby.one/dotd/log.php?id=5991a48179311

Above is a link to the saved Fooby.

Thanks.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by cerealis View Post
    Please do not!

It's bad enough that Energy can already be used for raids outside WR/ER, but at least it's been restricted to Elite and Deadly so far. Please do not start making Energy usable on every raid that gets released.

Or, if you are going to do that, then for crying out lout, make Stam usable on Questing!
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Please do not!

It's bad enough that Energy can already be used for raids outside WR/ER, but at least it's been restricted to Elite and Deadly so far. Please do not start making Energy usable on every raid that gets released.

Or, if you are going to do that, then for crying out lout, make Stam usable on Questing!
    I have to agree that many raids should stay just stam. However, I do believe this raid was poorly planned. Oh what am I saying? Many of the recent raids I have questioned.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Should of put sp with that loot on Pit of the Bone and given us tiers b/c I dont know about other servers, But in World server 800 players on one raid is not going to happen so OS rises and so does 5t ML becomes a lot more damage

GANNICUS

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Allowing bone pit to use Energy and Stam still won't stop them from failing
    its badly designed raid with OS below FS again and a Max tier of 5t on a 910t health raid.
    there is no reason for people to "want" to save these raids
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [new troop]
    I liked it because: [great stats, great damage add, and great value at 50pc.. thank you]
    ]

This week I didn't care for: [rewards and tiers for new pit of bone raid.]
    I didn't like it because: [the rewards are a bit low and should be adjusted upward slightly and more particularly the ML tier at 5T is far far too low for the number of players hitting these raids.. Overall I appreciate 5pg's attempt at something a little different with the pit of bone raid and the intent that i believe is behind it (ie create a truly community based raid that requires a large amount of players at various skill levels all contributing to take it down with decent but not excessive rewards/benefits to all players). however, as is, the raid takes way too long to fill and kill... these raid are lasting 3-4 days and still requiring many players to come in to do far more than current ML to 'save' the raid. As a result..if the raid stays as is, it will likely rarely be summoned and become a waste of a raid. ]
    Instead, let's: [At the most basic level please adjust this raid by either (1) decreasing total HP by 40-50%, (2) increasing ML to at least 20 to 30T and add a tier or two (at 10T and 20T) while making rewards at these new tiers worthwhile (currently rewards are a bit low even for 5t damage) or (3) a combination of 1 and 2.

At a bigger picture level i'd request to please think raids out and do the math (on HPs, number of raid slots, and reward tiers) a little better before release. Recently there is a pattern of releasing raids with (1) ML and rewards way too high with respect to a low total HP (eg lady vas'ok, thurm the ripper, shadow assassin etc), (2) now the complete opposite with pit of bone being way to low ML with respect to a very large total HP, and/or (3) massive underestimate of raid slots for hitters (e.g., the assualt raid). Sure we all get things wrong sometimes and fine tuning is understandable and often necessary. However, this seems to be happening more frequently lately and in the examples i've mentioned, its the degree to which these raids have been off the mark that is concerning.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: Houndmaster is cheap
    Maybe we could: Do more old ERs more often with the grand and smaller pots because I'm running out and I hate wasting vols

This week I didn't care for: Pit of Bone Raid AND the ERs
    I didn't like it because: The ML is too low, the OS is too low with respect to FS. I've been telling people in 2 servers to let them fail just to discourage oversummoning. We just don't have enough daily players for all of them to do ML and kill Pit of Bones, and we should have enough daily players to kill it with FS, which ideally should be lower than OS, maybe it could be EPIC instead of GIGANTIC and the OS and ML be brought up?
    I don't get the ER, you're summoning the SAME raid 4 times with UNIQUE boosts? If next time it doesn't have several tiers of pots I probably won't be touching it. going to ML on Solus was a sacrifice for me, which I won't be repeating.

Instead, let's: I think it would be nice if old WRs and ERs started bringing out the oldest PC stuff as fodder for those of us who can't afford to bet on the Relic Packs. Some of those year one things may have useless stats but those of us who started playing in the last 2-3-5 years would love to slowly fill out our inventory with old prems.
    (1:23) Mehmonkie: I still cast my vote for Sycall as mod

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Handy Feedback Format
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Special Troop: The Houndmaster]
    I liked it because: [Good unit for awesome price]
    Maybe we could: [Bring back Tarnished Helmets Event]

This week I didn't care for: [Relic Pack Update]
    I didn't like it because: [Nothing interesting for me]
    Instead, let's: [-]

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    a thread has been started to address the new Pit of Bone raid....be sure to comment there as well

http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...espair-discuss

Katrina's powers and origin are mysterious, and her knowledge of events to come has led some to believe
    that she has the gift of prophecy, and others to claim she hails from a far off and undiscovered land of oracles.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Summary of my post to that ^ above topic:
    why 6 tiers under AP and only 4 above it? Seems like a mistake was made or lack of planning.
    Strongly Suggest tiers 10t, 15t, 25t, 50t, and 682.5t for the 1 player that finishes off "the pits" raid.

Edit: Also consider making a giant+colosseum haste neck available in game.
    Last edited by Casillia; 16th August 2017 at 03:27.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 'Beta Nu' View Post
    This week I didn't care for: The Pit of Bone Raid
    I didn't like it because: 910t health with a Max tier of only 5t
    Instead, let's: if the raid is going to be the 3rd highest health raid in the game. at least give it a decent Max tier so people have a reason to hit it.
    I find it hard to see why I would even summon this raid let alone hit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoctisB View Post
    This week I didn't care for: [Pit of Bone]
    I didn't like it because: [910T health, 5T max tier]
    Instead, let's: [Increase max tier to 10T/20T/50T or more]
    I appreciate it having 800 hitters, but on NAG it won't even have 200 hitters, and hitting above 5T max tier to save it does not feel appealing... Please increase the max tier
    This week I didn't care for: The Pit of Bone Raid

I didn't like it because: For the reasons above.
    I am only level 1205, (I have been playing a little over a year), and because nobody was doing Elite raids, I decided to join a Pit of Bone Raid.
    I have now done 260b damage, (pitiful compared to what you high levels can do, I know, but this is probably the most damage I've ever done in a single raid), using many potions and resources to put my all into it.
    Now, with 21 hours left on the timer, it is only at 74% health and I can see it will end up as a defeat, purely because of the reasons above, (I can see that from the Top Damage list in it).

Instead, let's: Damage Control: Refund and compensate everyone that has taken part in these raids, as it's a developer-end 'mistake' that has caused this.

I am currently considering taking a break from this game, purely due to this, as it has disappointed me that much. I will wait around to see if anything is done about this.
    Last edited by Shayera; 17th August 2017 at 02:00.
    Playing since 7th April 2016
    December 3rd 2016: 887
    Current level: 1205 (August 16th 2017)

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Please do not!

Or stop babying the stamina build players and make raids that require eng only and you deal 100% normal damage. Or, even better, make a raid that takes eng and stam, but eng is 100% damage while stam is only 50%.
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    Or stop babying the stamina build players and make raids that require eng only and you deal 100% normal damage. Or, even better, make a raid that takes eng and stam, but eng is 100% damage while stam is only 50%.
    Rannveigh is 100% energy.

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    Yes. Let's punish idiots for making stam builds when energy builds are obviously the way to go. Stupid fools should have known better!

smh.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12