Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: State of the Game: August 2017

I really do hope you are now finally trying to ask us our opinions. Thank you!

Would also be nice to have a Dev on World Chat more often! Maybe they can stay and chat for more than 10 Minutes also so everyone can have a chance to get questions answered.

Some advertising would be nice if you expect to receive new players and keep this game fresh/growing. People have quit because they think the game is dying out. Maybe it is dying out because of the poor graphics and outdated game style. It is just a basic old school click the mouse game now and should be improved.

Speeding up the game play would be fantastic!

Guild Leaders should be appreciated or recognized in some sort of way. Adding another Guild ranking slot like Assistant Guild Leader above Officer rank would be helpful.

Come Join Society of Slayers - Top 3 guild in the game - Thanks
    Jhump_SoS - Leader of Society Of Slayers

Apply - Level 1500+ Daily Players Only!!

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    there is also a suggestion been made to simply make it so that if you have all the raids of one size on cool down, it would automatically make the lowest cool down zero. this would at least allow the ones that do regularly summon be able to summon more often.

and since at times they would have to summon the bigger raids it would be somewhat hard to abuse. you could of course have high level friends blast the bigger ones away for you I guess in theory, but even at that it would be helping the raid economy.
    Deadlies and elites should have also never shared the same slots as regular raids. That's another reason for a lack of them.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegfarms View Post
    Deadlies and elites should have also never shared the same slots as regular raids. That's another reason for a lack of them.
    Agreed - also people like me who rush through summoning everything as soon as one raid dies often summon deadlies by mistake (even once is one time too many), blocking summoning other raids.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Slim pickings this Sotg.
    As someone who turned into a casual player over the course of the last year and logs in for 20 minutes a day to summon some raids, Vathic is of limited appeal because I simply don't need to "dump" honor anymore. That doesn't mean it's a bad raid or I'm opposed to it in any way, but I doubt I'll get much use out it personally. The rewards range from alright to somewhat generous even for what's intended as a dump imo.
    I was kinda hoping to see festival mentioned but I guess it'll be for another month.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckmeister View Post
    Slim pickings this Sotg.
    As someone who turned into a casual player over the course of the last year and logs in for 20 minutes a day to summon some raids, Vathic is of limited appeal because I simply don't need to "dump" honor anymore. That doesn't mean it's a bad raid or I'm opposed to it in any way, but I doubt I'll get much use out it personally. The rewards range from alright to somewhat generous even for what's intended as a dump imo.
    I was kinda hoping to see festival mentioned but I guess it'll be for another month.

well there is no need actually dump honor on the raid anyway. a fairly low amount of damage to it is more than sufficient to efficiently collect the red items.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I found out one small fault: if you hit "Join Guild Raids" button on War Room screen, you join all guild raids except... Vathik.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Definitively too low sp for the Vathik graid for 70t ml tier plus the 96 hrs timer should be cut in 1/2 or even as low as 36hrs. and if your not going to give us more sp than at least gives more per tier for loot ten reds at top tier without extra loot magics are just too low b/c by time a lot of people get the loot to get magic or neck many lower levels will have forgotten about it and it would be lost somewhere in crafts. The way you have it now just promotes guild hopping. And Leaders like me will not guild hop, we can not even change leadership without going thru a Dev, so us Leaders are stuck at a slower pace than those that guild hopped. More tags would be a plus, we don't need a deadly tag either. Would I want to see another raid like this no not the way this one is set up. If I want to honor dump I would like to see another camp with lower CD's too or a raid that has tiers for the honor dumping that we could do. More sp tiers for more damage . If we are going to drop Honor bar we need some more compensation .

GANNICUS: Leader of ACE

Does this raid give you a satisfactory place to dump your Honor? Yes, it's finally what we've been asking for. Am I, along with many others, satisfied by it not having AP - I am not. Please change it so that we get AP for it. Also, have to mention that there hasn't been any AP for MAM rare node since the start, just saying...
    Take a look at my eyes and then say you don't see all the depthlessness you seek to make you feel worthless

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by MaslowskiD View Post
    The way you have it now just promotes guild hopping. And Leaders like me will not guild hop, we can not even change leadership without going thru a Dev, so us Leaders are stuck at a slower pace than those that guild hopped.
    Very true.

I'm not sure anything really can, or should, be done to try to prevent guild hopping. But making it less attractive to do so is something that should be looked at. Gannicus is right, the current setup of Vathik means that guild hopping can cut the time required to acquire the new crafts in at least half. That wouldn't be a big deal if we were only talking about a few weeks total. but with it taking 2 months without guild hopping and only 1 with, well, it's no wonder some are willing to guild hop.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Pleasant Hill California, Honollulu, Hawaii, and Albuquerque NM

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Vathik should have a higher tier, say like 100T, 150T. and more and better loot; Other than that, it is a good honor dump.
    Il buono č buono, ma il migliore č meglio.
    Good is good but best is better - an Italian proverb

Pleasant Hill California, Honollulu, Hawaii, and Albuquerque NM

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Very true.

I'm not sure anything really can, or should, be done to try to prevent guild hopping. But making it less attractive to do so is something that should be looked at. Gannicus is right, the current setup of Vathik means that guild hopping can cut the time required to acquire the new crafts in at least half. That wouldn't be a big deal if we were only talking about a few weeks total. but with it taking 2 months without guild hopping and only 1 with, well, it's no wonder some are willing to guild hop.
    It is true that this new deal with Vathik encourages guild-hopping. I haven't guild hop yet, but it is really tempting. if get more tiers, or super tiers like 500T for players who can dump that much honor to the raid, that would be better. To prevent dismay from lower levels, an elite Vathik or a deadly vathik could be introduced to allow guilds with slayers and or demi-god candidates to play with them.
    Il buono č buono, ma il migliore č meglio.
    Good is good but best is better - an Italian proverb

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Vathik Feedback:

Raid length: I think it's ok, but it could also be shorter. The longer lenght carters especially to low or medium leveled players who indeed need that much time to do a lot of damage. But for those players guild raids and camps are often enough to use honor on.

Magic/Race Tags: I don't care much. More basically means more damage per Honor. Underground seems fitting, but I don't think it needs more.

Tiers: Definitly needs more. As in higher ones. With the long time, if this is supposed to have people enjoy using their honor, it needs to yield at least a marginal reward. There's people in my guild who do 70t in less then a day. And we don't even have any Slayers. Reward increase doesnt need to be that big, just ...well... existant. You could have tiers at 150t, 300t, 500t, 1q, 2q, 5q. Each could give +1 red jewelry, +1hsb, +5gt, +30% stat points.
    The current loot is also kinda too high in the lower area (below 1t). It makes me feel as if you're supposed to only do a few (hundred) billions to it. I can do several billions, and I've been only playing this game for three month.

More raids of this kind: Yes, I think so. Not too many, but another one or two might be nice. You should try to carter them to different power levels. Probably including different timers.
    There's also other things you could do. Switch the raids periodically, like one raid being available only for one season (3 month), then another taking it's place, until the year is complete. Making it more event-like. Community loot. On-hit drops. Drops of stats (not stat points) on real high tiers.
    I think on-hit drops, shared loot and long timers are more for lower levels, while shorter timers, stat drops and insanly high tiers are aimed at high-power players.
    alea iacta est

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    Very true.

isn't there some kind of cool down timer on rejoining guilds? for some reason was thinking you couldn't join a 2nd or 3rd guild within a week of each other.

Night Blade

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Giant Problem in Little West Kruna

In addition to these raids we’re also bringing back The Scaled God from a previous War event. This World Raid will be unchanged and will run with max possible tiers.
    According to the loot poster linked in the Patch Notes, the tiers only go up to Unlock III, which is what we had for the first time. What happened to Unlock IV? I realize you said it would be unchanged, but you also said it would have max possible tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by LyreAB View Post
    According to the loot poster linked in the Patch Notes, the tiers only go up to Unlock III, which is what we had for the first time. What happened to Unlock IV? I realize you said it would be unchanged, but you also said it would have max possible tiers.
    mouse answered this in the patch notes for this week. they are taking the position that the max we achieved is the max the raid ever was meant to be.

so since we didn't earn it the first time, it wasn't "possible"

Night Blade

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    mouse answered this in the patch notes for this week. they are taking the position that the max we achieved is the max the raid ever was meant to be.

so since we didn't earn it the first time, it wasn't "possible"
    yeah, saw that after I had posted here, and then went back and reloaded the patch notes to see further comments.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    I've got an idea, why not have the higher tiers grant cool down timer reductions, say 2x 12 hour reductions for 70t, and 3x 12 hour reductions for 500t and 4x 12 hour reductions for 1Q. If u do community loot let the highest tier zero the cool down timer on a chosen camp. Not too much to throw the balance of things but it would certainly make ppl look forward to rewards. I'm not sure if 5pg coders would would have an easy or difficult time allowing us to reduce the cool down timers on raids we choose to spend our cool down reductions on. Just a thought.

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Vathik: Feedback Wanted!
    *How do you feel about the raid’s overall length?
    I guess it is ok. Its fair for the smaller levels to have more time to hit at least 1 T. For me (immortal) it's enough time to hit for 10 T without pots.
    *Do you think it has the right number of Magic slots?
    I think it should be three. I have some experience with two slots and it is a much worse to get to the tiers (1 T for beginners, 10 T+ for immo...) in time, than with three (still pretty close). So three would be best.
    *Are the race tags sufficient? Does it need more or does it need less?
    Tags are ok.
    *Are the tiers good? Do you wish there were more or fewer of them?
    Well, most of the players (from my experience) do only 1 T to 10 T. So I'm sure more than 70 T tier would be (for most players) too much.
    *Are you satisfied with the Stat Point payout?
    Yes
    *Do you want more raids like this or is one enough?
    One is enough for me. This raid distracts from other raids, or even campaigns. So more raids like this could be for some guilds difficult.
    *Does this raid give you a satisfactory place to dump your Honor?
    For me yes (this raid is good for leveling, If there is no world/event raid and you don't want to repeatedly summon raids for leveling or do campaigns solo).

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Hope we can get another assault event for the upcoming month really enjoyed the last one and i have no prob with Vathik the way it is

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234