Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: State of the Game: August 2017

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

State of the Game: August 2017

Introduction
    Greetings and welcome to the August 2017 State of the Game Post!

Today we’ll be taking a look at some of the content that’s coming up this month and gathering some feedback on things from last month.

Without further delay let’s get to it!

Giant Problem in Little West Kruna
    This month we’re releasing content focused primarily on the Giant race tag! The big and somewhat lumbering monstrous humanoids that they are.

With the focus on Giants this month we’ll be bringing back the Gataalli Huxac World Raid but we’re adding an additional Community Tier which will provide extra Stats and Potion Satchels. In addition to this we’re also adding an upgrade to the Holy Redeemer’s set: Divine Redeemer.

Divine Redeemer Equipment
    Attack: 2,000
    Defense: 2,000
    Proc: 15% chance to deal 30,000 damage; Extra 5,000 damage for each piece of Divine Redeemer's set equipped; Set (6) Extra 200,000 damage against Gigantic raids; Set (8) Extra 250,000 damage against Giant raids

Divine Redeemer Mount
    Attack: 2,660
    Defense: 2,660
    Proc: 15% chance to deal 100% damage; Extra 10% damage for each piece of Divine Redeemer's set equipped; Set (6) Extra 400% damage against Gigantic raids; Set (8) Extra 800% damage against Giant raids

The entire set will be craftable using Redeemer troops and the Holy Redeemer set. We’re also adding a Neck piece to this set which will have the same proc and statistical information as the rest of the equipment items.

The Northern Sea Giant Event Raid will also be returning this month where we’ll be doubling up on the summons of this Event Raid. Meaning we’ll summon two at the same time but won’t be adding any other adjustments to them.

The Pit of Bone raid is being added, a brand new player summonable raid that combines the Giant and Colosseum race tags together.
    ”Those who survive the perilous fall into the Pit of Bone are faced with two choices: fight or die.

Few survive the trial by combat but those that do are rewarded with the opportunity to face the same tribulations the following day. Only this time the crowd will cheer their name instead of boo it.

Probably.” --Pitmaster Angosh”
    This raid will be acquired from the Citadel and will be classified as Gigantic.

In addition to these raids we’re also bringing back The Scaled God from a previous War event. This World Raid will be unchanged and will run with max possible tiers.

Vathik: Feedback Wanted!

We’re really excited to have added the Event Guild Raid system into the game. As this is our very first raid of this type we’re very eager to collect your extensive and passionate feedback for the future.

Please respond with any thoughts you have regarding this raid to this SoTG. You can write anything you’d like but please keep it constructive. If you’re not sure what to write here are some possible questions you could answer for us.

• How do you feel about the raid’s overall length?
    • Do you think it has the right number of Magic slots?
    • Are the race tags sufficient? Does it need more or does it need less?
    • Are the tiers good? Do you wish there were more or fewer of them?
    • Are you satisfied with the Stat Point payout?
    • Do you want more raids like this or is one enough?
    • Does this raid give you a satisfactory place to dump your Honor?

Please get as detailed as you can with your thoughts and reasons behind every answer. Again, the above is just a guideline but feel free to cover any area you’d like regarding the raid.

Conclusion

That’s it for this month’s State of the Game post! Thank you for reading. Remember we post these each month so check back in September for the next edition.

Until next time, adventurers!

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

didn't loot it yet 27 hours left but i loved it

70t is a super nice tier
    liked it overall

would like more and much more challangeing ones
    lenght is good so it doesen't go with camps to much - so it doesen't take too many resources
    Please ADD MORE of them maybe

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    • How do you feel about the raid’s overall length? too long, would rather have like 1-2q health
    • Do you think it has the right number of Magic slots? sure, maybe 1 more
    • Are the race tags sufficient? Does it need more or does it need less? good
    • Are the tiers good? Do you wish there were more or fewer of them? higher than 70t, that's a little over a bar
    • Are you satisfied with the Stat Point payout? don't know yet
    • Do you want more raids like this or is one enough?sure
    • Does this raid give you a satisfactory place to dump your Honor? sure

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    We’re really excited to have added the Event Guild Raid system into the game. As this is our very first raid of this type we’re very eager to collect your extensive and passionate feedback for the future.

Please respond with any thoughts you have regarding this raid to this SoTG. You can write anything you’d like but please keep it constructive. If you’re not sure what to write here are some possible questions you could answer for us.

• How do you feel about the raid’s overall length?
    • Do you think it has the right number of Magic slots?
    • Are the race tags sufficient? Does it need more or does it need less?
    • Are the tiers good? Do you wish there were more or fewer of them?
    • Are you satisfied with the Stat Point payout?
    • Do you want more raids like this or is one enough?
    • Does this raid give you a satisfactory place to dump your Honor?

Overall time is fine. Allows weaker players to try for high tiers and people who might complain about it being too long/wanting it to have health are most likely people who have spent a lot and don't actually need to hit it to get stronger. I think about new players more than veterans.

I think the slots are fine, but maybe make it for guilds that have at least one owner of Grimore to where the raid always has the extra slot. If possible of course.

I would love if it had magical too, because most Shadow Elves I have seen have magical.

Tiers? Good? Come back when one dies...

Se previous statement.

I think we should get a Guild World Raid [Note I said World and not Event because this raid is never leaving] with different drops? Maybe have one with a very rare drop for the Horn of Plenty and/or Swift Courier Bag? At this point these two items are kinda outdated, aside from Courier, due to Sphinx for crit, but having the ring being available would give strength to a lot of people who are not blessed by RNGesus.

Yea, I like it. Though having to wait on Shadow Charm is a pain because if it is a 10% neck I could hit for higher tiers.

Overall, boring SOTG with nothing to really be cared about. Anti-Giant upgrade? Alright... More Bakku fodder for me, but overall it's all rubbish.
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Town Guard
    cant speak for rewards yet, but I only have 2 issues.

1) either has a higher max tier, its does not need to be super rewarding but if you want ppl to use this as an honur dump, it needs way more than 70T. you want either more tiers up to a ridicolous point like 10Q, or enough new raids like this one, with perhaps 1Q as max tier, otherwise ppl will stop at 70T, rendering the intent for honour dumping pointless.

2)1 more magic slot would have been nice for lower levels to have a slight more edge.

As many different levels are in each guild i hope there are many different tiers in this, adding guild tokens was a nice touch. maybe a few pots could be in there somewhere also(thawing/cursing - other guild pots)

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by funboystu View Post
    cant speak for rewards yet, but I only have 2 issues.

1) either has a higher max tier, its does not need to be super rewarding but if you want ppl to use this as an honur dump, it needs way more than 70T. you want either more tiers up to a ridicolous point like 10Q, or enough new raids like this one, with perhaps 1Q as max tier, otherwise ppl will stop at 70T, rendering the intent for honour dumping pointless.

2)1 more magic slot would have been nice for lower levels to have a slight more edge.

As many different levels are in each guild i hope there are many different tiers in this, adding guild tokens was a nice touch. maybe a few pots could be in there somewhere also(thawing/cursing - other guild pots)
    Kinda disagree with the first half of your statement because if you are dumping into this raid and hit max tier, but stop hitting it because there is no longer a tier so you go on to Black Hand Pillagers, you give up on the exact raid meant for honor dumping. I agree with a higher tier if people really need an honor dump, but I only agree with this if we only get one of these raids every few years. The extra magic slot is a nice idea, but generally every guild has a few Grim owners, plus the DM+VR combo on it for ones summoned by users who don't own Grim will be perfect for only two slots.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    • How do you feel about the raid’s overall length? That really depends on the Tiers/Craftable drops, meaning how long will it take to craft the magic and the neck,,, none of us have a great deal of patience when it comes to waiting on the new shiny stuff
    • Do you think it has the right number of Magic slots? for this raid type, yes
    • Are the race tags sufficient? Does it need more or does it need less? I'd like to be able to use my haste necks, so maybe add Magical Creature or Dragon, or Human, or see my comment below about adding a new one
    • Are the tiers good? Do you wish there were more or fewer of them?definitely more tiers, it only took me like 3 levels to hit 70t. Also, add Community Loot for the Guild total only, it would really encourage max participation and allow the stronger players to help the lower levels increase their loot and get stronger
    • Are you satisfied with the Stat Point payout? WE'll see
    • Do you want more raids like this or is one enough? Give us one with the Lady Vas'ok raid tags, then you can stop for a while
    • Does this raid give you a satisfactory place to dump your Honor? If you make the minor adjustments I mention here, I would be satisfied

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    • How do you feel about the raid’s overall length? - Might be a little too long. 48 or 72 hours feels more appropriate. I haven't seen that much activity in the second half.
    • Do you think it has the right number of Magic slots? - I would appreciate a higher number (scaling the damage needed accordingly) to lessen the impact of Grim. See below.
    • Are the race tags sufficient? Does it need more or does it need less? - Feels right. Two tags, thereof one with excellent support from this WR, plus guild.
    • Are the tiers good? Do you wish there were more or fewer of them? - Not looted yet. We'll see.
    • Are you satisfied with the Stat Point payout? - Ditto.
    • Do you want more raids like this or is one enough? - Having several helps variety and the dumping aspect.
    • Does this raid give you a satisfactory place to dump your Honor? - I don't really need an Honor dump; in spite of Chivalrous, that's normally the resource I am shortest on thanks to FM and Ether nodes.

The main issue with this raid is really Grimoire. When this is summoned by a member without Grim (and as a leader, I cannot restrict it without taking away summon privileges at large), the raid loses a significant amount of attractiveness and can cause bad blood in the guild. It's also easy to misclick into a summon when you call a bunch of guild raids at once even when you don't actually want to make one. This "oops" issue will become more pronounced in the future when this raid is no longer the last on the list but somewhere in the middle.

Some possible fixes for this:

(a) More magic slots (with an appropriate tier change to keep the SP per resource level). The impact of a missing slot is much lower if you already have a lot. 2 versus 3 slots makes the difference of adding HKiss to one of the two-magic combos, quite a huge gap. 5 versus 6 would just mean something like GF or Gag on top of great magics.
    (b) Let leaders/officers override a non-Grim summon. A guild leader or officer with Grimoire would be able to apply their extra slot when they come into the raid. This might however be difficult to code.
    (c) Have the summon permissions for guild event raids look at the "summon campaigns" privilege instead of the "summon raids" one. That puts it into the hands of officers only (at default settings) who will hopefully be responsible enough to summon properly in most cases.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    I love the suggestion for Community Loot added to these Guild ERs. Would love to see that added to the next one.

Switching these to follow the Summon Campaign privileges is another great suggestion. That should be done for Vathik as well as any future additions.

These Guild ERs would be a perfect place to introduce infinite tiers. If you truly want this to be an honor dump, then you need to put in the code to handle infinite tiers. Let Vathik have 70T as the max tier for varying loot. Then have it drop repeating loot for every multiple of X done above and beyond 70T. The repeating loot can just be a set amount of SP. It doesn't have to be anything fantastic. But in order for these to really work as honor dumps, they need to have infinite repeating tiers.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Thank you 5PG!!! Thank you! You are bringing back a War World Raid (Scaled God)!

I already did that WR completely, but now I am hoping for older War World Raids (Abyssal War WR/Dasuuthaad War WR, etc.)

This means that I can max Beach magic now (I was too weak to get Max personal tier last time it came). And get Dasuthaad's set/Raise Dead magic (I missed this War WR).

Please don't disappoint me.

Edit: oh wait, the Beach magic boosts were from Phase 1 of the war.....Please, if you re-release Metkulu (Abyssal War WR), please add higher community tiers and add the Beach boosts to community tiers.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Facebook

77707 stats
    7 stat bags
    12 red
    42 tokens.

i'd say the payout is too low for the expenditure of resources
    My suggestion is simple. add a direct stats payout topping at 100 attack 100 defense and 100 perc at 70t its small but its worth more to alot of people then stats and it would feel a little less of a waste to get some direct stats instead. possibly add a couple of vampire lockboxes into the mix too, the chance to get tollo for those who don't have should help keep it interesting (i do have him)

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    The rewards from loot at 13.25t is WAY too low for the effort imo. Even with BoM, this is going to take WAY too long to get the new neck, not to mention the magic...

Town Guard
    i tkae it back the scaling of rewards is truly awful, not enough rewards for effort , even with half pointless consumables like guild tokens which i have maxed out. so basically, 3 months to get the magic and the necklace, 70T a pop. then after ward no point in hitting at all. it needs to have balanced rewards for dumping or im better off hitting guild raids for AP

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games

• How do you feel about the raid’s overall length? 4 days is a good length, gives us time to run hard camps without everyone focusing on the guild raid.
    • Do you think it has the right number of Magic slots? Would be nice with at least 3 magic slots (it's colossal so 4-5 would make more sense?), so eventually we can run Volatile Rune+deathmark combo, but right now it's useless since death echo+deadly strike is better.
    • Are the race tags sufficient? Does it need more or does it need less? Tags are good
    • Are the tiers good? Do you wish there were more or fewer of them? As far as I see, and the general feeling about it from the community it's pretty negative regarding the amount of red ancient jewelry. Would be nice if it dropped more of them at both lower and especially at higher tiers. Why add stat bags? why not just add a bit more SP, nobody likes to open bags when we don't have to.
    • Are you satisfied with the Stat Point payout? A bit low on higher tiers. As someone said, maxing every node the 2 newest camps take roughly the same level and gives close to 1m SP
    • Do you want more raids like this or is one enough? Possibly a deadly version, that gives decent SP, as this one doesn't
    • Does this raid give you a satisfactory place to dump your Honor? With the 2 new camps this isn't really a problem for my server (Roland, which is the smallest)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Great concept , but the raid needs much higher tier and much higher SP rewards. For the same amount of honor spent max tier on every node on BHH or CC will net over a million sp. I don't think I broke 100k sp for 165t damage. The shadow elf haste neck was a nice bonus. Overall I am happy you are listening to us it still needs major tweaking though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joke rode.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	9117

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    70B
    - 166 SP
    - 3 SP BAGS
    - 5 RED J
    - 21 GC

Idk what to say, everyone thinks that the rewards are too low.

• How do you feel about the raid’s overall length? Its ok, plenty of time for the low tier guys to hit it.
    • Do you think it has the right number of Magic slots? One more would be nice.
    • Are the race tags sufficient? Does it need more or does it need less? Yes its okay.
    • Are the tiers good? Do you wish there were more or fewer of them? Well, the loot is bad honestly.
    • Are you satisfied with the Stat Point payout? Not really.
    • Do you want more raids like this or is one enough? More would be nice, but with better loot.
    • Does this raid give you a satisfactory place to dump your Honor? Cant comment here, not high enough to need a honor dumb raid.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by unitedx View Post
    Edit: oh wait, the Beach magic boosts were from Phase 1 of the war.....Please, if you re-release Metkulu (Abyssal War WR), please add higher community tiers and add the Beach boosts to community tiers.
    +1 Please add these boosts to community tiers or crafts or whatever.

Also, will The Scaled God get the same magics as the earlier run?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games

Unhappy Vahtic loot return needs work and General suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    The rewards from loot at 13.25t is WAY too low for the effort imo. Even with BoM, this is going to take WAY too long to get the new neck, not to mention the magic...
    The stat point return for 50t or more at 55501 stat points (with Mortharu) is just pathetic (you can do about 1t or so on Deadly Drakantos [sic] to get the same stat point return or similar return)...total disappointment in the stat point return for very high damage . I expected something more in the 800k+ range stat-point-wise for doing that amount of damage (or something similar to doing the same amount of damage on a Deadly Drakantos [sic])...I understand the low red jewelry drop rate (but maybe increase the number of heavy stat bag drops to help make it worth putting all that effort in).

Otherwise, the length of time is sufficient along with the Tags (though a list of tiers up to 70 trillion along with perhaps just maybe an additional magic/debuff slot pre-Grimore could help). Still, I think this is an awesome raid to dump excess honor (but let's wait a while to see if additional raids like this are necessary...or to be really trolly, you could add another one that lasts precisely one minute or has 1 HP but requires 1,000,000+ items to loot just to craft everything or just one thing...or even better yet, call that new raid Lagitus Griefus, the Trolly Master of Lags (Size = Gigantic, slots = 5+ pre-Grimore, Tags besides Guild = Construct, Human, Giant, and Demon) and have players in the artwork [especially Guster...give him a break already!] attacking Lagitus for causing lag as the raid winds down and perhaps have a General called Guster's Redemption with lore saying (but not limited to): it's not always my fault, its my evil nephew Lagitus who framed me for everything, put the fault on him!).

As for this General, he could have a chance (say at maximum 2%-5% per 20-hit [even if applying to Honor only but not Stamina or Energy]) of dropping red ATK/DEF/PER consumables and other consumables you cannot get via Questing once your Perception gets too high) (e.g.: if you have a chance to get Silver and Gold ATK/DEF/PER consumables via Questing, he creates only Red and Bronze ATK/DEF/PER consumables; but if through Questing you can find Gold and Platinum ATK/DEF/PER consumables, then this General has the chance to make Red, Bronze, and Silver ATK/DEF/PER consumables only, etc. etc.). That way, it will help recover some of those consumables to make it a bit easier to do high damage to very high tier WRs.

Tell me what you think about these suggestions below, thanks for taking your time.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by funboystu View Post
    i tkae it back the scaling of rewards is truly awful, not enough rewards for effort , even with half pointless consumables like guild tokens which i have maxed out. so basically, 3 months to get the magic and the necklace, 70T a pop. then after ward no point in hitting at all. it needs to have balanced rewards for dumping or im better off hitting guild raids for AP
    Not a one to disagree with Stu - actually strike that I am I've hit three on different servers covering 357B, 7.503T and 70T the rewards at the lower end actually look okay at the higher end they are poor but when compared to the less recent camps still better than them.

Chances are folks might be missing the point to this raid - it was a place to drop honour without soloing camps or trying to zap a zillion guild raids. Keeping that in mind it seems to do what it was intended to do. Would I like more sp or even better some direct a/d/p absolutely, but is it needed to do what it was supposed to do? I don't think so.

Ideally I'd like to see a couple of these so that a guild can always have one up - just as a quick place to drop honour.

Overall I'm fine with how this worked.
    Just an edit to respond to a post further down.

Quote Originally Posted by n78c4pA56wd3 View Post
    The stat point return for 50t or more at 55501 stat points (with Mortharu) is just pathetic (you can do about 1t or so on Deadly Drakantos [sic] to get the same stat point return or similar return)...
    Not using honour you cann't which again points to why the raid was developed e.g not as a Deadly for honour but as an honour dump - not brilliant returns - just quick ones

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

• How do you feel about the raid’s overall length? 4 days is perfect.
    • Do you think it has the right number of Magic slots? No. I would like to see at least 3 base magic slots, preferably 4.
    • Are the race tags sufficient? Does it need more or does it need less? Race tags are good.
    • Are the tiers good? Do you wish there were more or fewer of them? Would like to see more tiers for big hitters.
    • Are you satisfied with the Stat Point payout? Not at all. The stat payout is miniscule, and makes me want to hit other guild raids and camps instead of this Guild ER. If this is not addressed, I will never hit it again after I get magic/neck.
    • Do you want more raids like this or is one enough? More, or more tiers - maybe infinite tiers on this, scaling every 20T or so beyond 70T. Stat point rewards will have to be massively increased to make it worth hitting.
    • Does this raid give you a satisfactory place to dump your Honor? Not as configured. I am only hitting to get the neck and magic. Will never touch it again afterward, unless stat rewards are hugely upgraded.

Please get as detailed as you can with your thoughts and reasons behind every answer. Again, the above is just a guideline but feel free to cover any area you’d like regarding the raid.
    Seriously, the stat rewards as-is... are laughable. Would love to see this addressed. Love the concept of this raid, and it has potential.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast