Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes: July 28th, 2017

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by unitedx View Post
    Also, 1T should be what new players should be aiming for anyways---for the general (if 8t is too difficult). Otherwise even 50bil is fine for the legion (itll be a good legion for new players who don't already have one of the more recent legions).
    Yep, 1T for the freemium is a great call. Much better than past WRs.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrolizard View Post
    Ah, would the zero HP give you a divide by 0 situation?
    the health would be on top of the fraction, but it would make the AP mark 0 by default though. 0/100 = 0

could see the AP being zero breaking a few logic tests easily

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    8T gets you all of the actually loot tied to the WR anyway.

the tiers past that are just for showing off mostly.
    yeah but still i don't see any harm giving weaker players a chance to push more when big players can reach that in hours and past the whole idea is for the game to have as many people as possible to progress and when the gap is that big it's impossible to motivate any new player to play more than few months at most and then leave

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitee View Post
    yeah but still i don't see any harm giving weaker players a chance to push more when big players can reach that in hours and past the whole idea is for the game to have as many people as possible to progress and when the gap is that big it's impossible to motivate any new player to play more than few months at most and then leave
    You shouldn't be able to get everything as a "new player." Why does everything have to cater to everyone? 1T gives you a strong freemium. Get stronger, and hit it again later once you've gotten stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    the health would be on top of the fraction, but it would make the AP mark 0 by default though. 0/100 = 0

could see the AP being zero breaking a few logic tests easily
    You could get around that by having it reward a single vanity or "collection" item every kill and then have the AP tracker for the raid go off of how many of those are found in the player inventory. Unless the coding is so strict that they can't include an if/else type function for an item check to then grant AP credit but I doubt an if/else would break it and not half a dozen other more limited things I've messed with on my own projects.

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlion View Post
    You shouldn't be able to get everything as a "new player." Why does everything have to cater to everyone? 1T gives you a strong freemium. Get stronger, and hit it again later once you've gotten stronger.
    Gotta agree. It's actually one of the most well-thought out WRs I've seen in a while.
    1. Free craftable set with on-hits.
    2. 50B tier for a legion is ideal. Legion is always the most important, kinda glad people can get it with that low amount of damage.
    3. 1T for a freemium is super. Just look at how hard it is to get Cornerstone and Coax and there's no reason anyone should complain here.
    4. 8T to get everything, especially the last one being just some bonus Armament (bonus sort of because ppl who can easily do 8T probably won't need it anyway)
    5. 90T for some Pitchforks is totally ok. It feels like a "community" tier but just that everyone is on his own and not dependant on others, or the need to overhit just to get the community tier done.

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    I agree 100% with Nethlion and Eevee.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: WR and guild raid rewards
    I liked it because: ONE SINGLE COLOR CRAFTABLE! And tons of craftables for new player to hit hard on the WR! The general rewarded at 1T instead of 8T! An haste neck with crit bonus! A new free magic! What's not to love?
    Maybe we could: for the future, keep the single color cratable policy for any new release and -dare I dream?- apply retroactively to all the craftable crap already around

This week I didn't care for: just a minor complain, the troops being rewarded with the tier system, instead of being a random drop and/or a craftable (as was for most WR in the past)
    I didn't like it because: I can't reach the top tier
    Instead, let's: make them a random drop/craftable

Also, I think that the top tier should reward more pitchfork tokens, maybe around 20

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

Cool do you even hate

Thanks for keeping dawn up, its apreciated.
    By the way, i'm calling BS on 'shadow charm' description. it has 'a chance to trigger', instead of giving actual % proc... oh well, hope we will all be back next week!
    Last edited by Namagderas; 28th July 2017 at 23:51. Reason: changing the meaning of my post
    Omer's Collar: proof that 5pg does bait and switch. never forget!
    Guster fault: just so you know, 5pg can and will reset or modify our characters whenever they see fit.
    "we'd like you, the community, to decide which Magics should appear on this raid."... uh, huh.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    This week I didn't care for: Shadow Charm (UNIQUE - Neck)
    I didn't like it because: It makes Emblem of the Lightbringer obsolete
    Instead, let's: Not make PC gear obsolete ONE WEEK after it comes out.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Love it!

keep it up guys!

Awesome raid with awesome tiers and 2 OF THEM!!!!!

NICE NICE NICE, love IT! I hope whoever made this gets a raise!

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Heh, thought 90T would be a challenge, blew through it in less than 15 Lvls. The new graid is more of a challenge, lol.

Within our solar system there is a gap in the ordinal positioning of the planets. That gap is currently occupied by the asteroid belt. It has been hypothesized there was once a planet and some extraordinary cosmic event caused it to explode. The genesis, lore, and�history of our game takes place on that mythical planet
    . -Steve Pladson(Lead Developer for 5th Planet Games)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitee View Post
    I really dream to get at least 1 magic on that WR 90t is insane for me and my guildmates even 8t seems like 3-4 days
    You are in luck, it's up for 5 days.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: Freemium gen at 1T
    I liked it because: My newbie in Solus appreciates it.
    Maybe we could: Come up with a way to pin certain raids we're working on, I.E., The WR, the GER and something I'm hitting with my stam to help level, or at least designate certain raids as "tier reached for now" so I don't have to look at them and figure out what I'm going up to next on tiers [and of course, at some point erase the distinction if I'm out of DDrakontos and I'm looking for raids to do 10T on.

This week I didn't care for: No familiar.
    Instead, let's:
    Bring back the Cowladrian Raids with the 10% pots. :3
    Last edited by Geela; 29th July 2017 at 07:18. Reason: cows!
    (1:23) Mehmonkie: I still cast my vote for Sycall as mod

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    This week I didn't care for: World Raid
    I didn't like it because: No community loot, Max Tier is 90T, HEAVILY P2P World Raid meant for people who dished out on Relic Pack
    Instead, let's: Make all WRs that rely on a Relic Pack/New Item Pack for their high tiers have community loot and not deal extremely high damage to care about new players.

I mean come on. If you can say to me with a straight face this ISN'T a WR meant to be maxed by people who own full Master Poly, you are out of your mind.
    straight face: i've spent maybe 50 bucks on this game for starbolt ages ago.... and i will have zero problems hitting max tier with only excess honour. kind of sad it's not more tbh.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by eevee View Post
    Gotta agree. It's actually one of the most well-thought out WRs I've seen in a while.
    1. Free craftable set with on-hits.
    2. 50B tier for a legion is ideal. Legion is always the most important, kinda glad people can get it with that low amount of damage.
    3. 1T for a freemium is super. Just look at how hard it is to get Cornerstone and Coax and there's no reason anyone should complain here.
    4. 8T to get everything, especially the last one being just some bonus Armament (bonus sort of because ppl who can easily do 8T probably won't need it anyway)
    5. 90T for some Pitchforks is totally ok. It feels like a "community" tier but just that everyone is on his own and not dependant on others, or the need to overhit just to get the community tier done.
    100% agreed, especially considering how badly thought out tiers have been on past iconic theme wr's

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    is the wr 30k of the crafting mats all together or 10k?? theres 3 colums of it with 10k each at 90t, makes it seem like we get 30k?

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Still waiting for the perception from runes not counting while questing bug fixing... as well as several other quest perception related bugs.
    Dawn of the... demons, aquatic creatures, beasts, terrors, plants, magical creatures, mysterious nightmare queens, wars, insects and whatnot! Aww yeah! <3

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    My very favorite thing about this week's update is: 90T MT on the WR.
    I liked it because: While still obtainable fairly quickly - it is head and shoulders above other wr's that typically have a MT less than we hit the average deadly raid for even AP. Thanks for this ~ It makes the wr actually feel like an event again.
    Maybe we could: Make a 1Q tier for whales who are going to hit that high anyway.

This week I didn't care for: Nothing - great job! The guild event raid is sweet too I think given the scope of the guild raid a loot tier like a wr should be released; however, Mouse giving the MT after the fact was nice enough.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by nine1two View Post
    This week I didn't care for: Shadow Charm (UNIQUE - Neck)
    I didn't like it because: It makes Emblem of the Lightbringer obsolete
    Instead, let's: Not make PC gear obsolete ONE WEEK after it comes out.
    Shadow Charm is unique. Wear it on yourself and the Emblem on your legion, or vice-versa. It's also the ONLY Shadow Elf neck in the game, so players who didn't buy into the gamble box still have a shot at getting a themed neck item for this race.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast