Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!

Thread: UPDATE: Magic display on raid page

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

UPDATE: Magic display on raid page

Hey folks!

We've discussed this feature at length based on your feedback over the weekend and I just wanted to keep you updated on where we're at with this.

Our current plan is to fully revert this feature with the upcoming Friday build on July 14th. We still think the feature has merit and have seen a lot of community suggestions that we feel would be good compromises and we'll continue to discuss this further internally. No definitive date on when we'll add it back in with adjustments as we have a multitude of other tasks that are currently more important.

Thank you for your feedback on this and happy slaying, adventurers.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    I really like it, in theory. But in execution, it's a bit unpolished. The worst part, by far, is the unintended scroll bar bug. Thanks!

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Perhaps just take it off advanced view, as that is where the issue lies.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Thank you for listening to our feedback.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    This is Great news. Instead of adding it back please add features to the magics in raid like the summoner being able to select which magics he/she would like on their raid or show who has cast each magic. And knowing who the summoner is from inside the raid would be very handy, thanks!
    If this feature does come back in the future being able to see who shared the raid to public would be good - this way we could see who is sharing raids from events
    Ninja - Occasional Genius - Beer Taster - Air Guitar Luthier - Retired Philosoper - Member of the Ice Brigadiers

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Thank you for listening - the feature was well-intended and certainly has merit in some way, but it caused too many unwanted side effects, even without counting the scroll bug.

If I can throw in a suggestion - how about making the magics a mouseover? The game uses that in many other places for good effect and it would work on this feature as well. Hover over the summoner name, get the magic display.

Silver Arrow
    Thanks - but I'll disagree with how you think this has merit.
    If you want to implement it - just do it on the simple view and leave the advanced view uncluttered - or better still create a different toggled view that you can see all this useless information if you really want it.
    Newer changes should really factor the quality of life issue - if it doesn't make things quicker and easier - there better be a damn good reason for them

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    It does have merit. It can help weed out raids that may be doing alright, but said raid has magics you refuse to hit. Thus you could just close it instead of entering it.

Good idea. A few errors with implementation.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Thanks;

As those before me had said, it does not look that great, but the idea could be solid with some extra testing.

However, I disagree with leaving it on the simple view and taking it off the advanced view. The opposite should be the case. Simple view is just that: simple. I don't care much for which magics are on a raid. I like being able to visually see the art and hitting raids based on that sight information. Put the advanced 'see which magics' on the advanced view. It is an advanced feature.

Silver Arrow
    since I hit every raid available it has absolutely zero merit for me - but that might just be me. plus with the bug makes it hard for me to help out deadlies that are falling behind. Added to which is only half as many raids appear on the screen so it's harder to prioritise raids that are goig to die quickly -Which IS of merit to me.
    I mean seriously how much time would've been saved with this feature? and there's no game element or fun part to it. Why can't we address further lag issues, chat failing issues - or a better option than the 5x20 button so I can either dump and go or do some really serious levelling and help out more with the failing deadlies.

Silver Arrow
    apologies but no - please don't mess with the advanced feature- just create new views - like "cluttered", "OCD" or whatever - add a new one but leave advanced alone.

Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Quote Originally Posted by Claytonde View Post
    Perhaps just take it off advanced view, as that is where the issue lies.
    Agreed. It's moderately useful in the normal view. Of course a toggle would be best.
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoBandito View Post
    Agreed. It's moderately useful in the normal view. Of course a toggle would be best.
    seconding the toggle. It's neat to see if someone is taking care of their raids before you load into them, but once you've weeded out the ones you don't want to hit, it's not needed.