Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: State of the Game: July 2017

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Raid Page: Active Magics
    Whatever happened to the plan to add a filter to the raid system, so you can define a list of raids that you didn't want to show up in the public raid list?

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Wow! I like everything about this SotG!

I'm excited to try this Assault event, the update to the Gauntlet for the gear/magic/troop/etc., and hopefully the guild raid thing if it comes this month.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Will the raven set ever get a neck piece? Would be nice to have a generic 2-4% haste neck vs camps.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Any plans to fix BHP's 2 reversed loot tiers???

Specifically 100b and 200b
    50b 475/432/216/180 720 69.44m/sp
    100b 739/672/336/280 1120 89.28m/sp
    200b 664/604/302/252 1008 198.41m/sp
    300b 999/908/454/378 1512 198.41m/sp

Discussion here:
    http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...illagers-Tiers

is Polymath set is permanent in Gauntlet shop ?

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Everything in Gauntlet shop is permanent.

Guild Raid: Bigger, Badder
    Please note: this is currently in development and while our goal is to get this into your hands this month there’s the possibility it may be delayed.

The Dawn team has talked about for years about the possibility of adding a Guild raid that functions in many ways like a World or Event Raid. This raid would be healthless and simply run on a timer like a World or Event raid would, it would have loot tiers like you’re familiar with from a World or Event raid and would naturally cost Honor.

We’re in the process of testing this system out with the intention of bringing this to Guilds as of this month. The concept for this raid is it would have quite a few tiers so players of varying power will still benefit from its presence. We’re still experimenting with the cooldown and overall length of this raid as we do want it to be somewhat frequent but want to strike the right balance of making it feel special and desirable as well.

Depending on how this system goes we’ll certainly add more raids like this in the future. By its design though we wouldn’t want to add too many of these into the game too quickly. We also intend to still bring you normal style Guild raids going forward as well.
    Thank you for working on resolutions for much needed honor expenditure solution. I love the concept of having a zero health/timed guild raid. I hope the high reward tiers are quite high and worthwhil because we have some fairly heavy hitters in the guild, but mostly glad to have some place to dump honor as its becoming a very frequent issue that all our camps are down and no big grs to absorb the hits.

I am also glad to hear you are intending to develop/release additional regular styel guild raids, especially with the zero health guild raid likely to have some amount of cool down (which is understandable given hopefully decent reward tiers and wr/er feel) we will need other honor use options during the cool down.

As far as new regular style guild raid options, we are overdue I feel and i would love to see a sizeable elite (like e.marius, e.waywarden, or e.cw or bigger) and/or as many of my guild mates and others i've talked to are really hoping for a guild deadly.

Thanks again for you work to make the game better.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Will there be duel event in this month?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    just want to comment on a small thing on gauntlet that annoys me in particular.

My character is level 1300 or so and is in the top tier in duel and quite high in colosseum. As such with my combination of level and pvp rank I haven't had a duel or colosseum opponent in months. You give us one reroll on the daily assignments but even last gauntlet i had to forfeit gauntlet strikes twice because of assignments that i literally cannot complete. giving me more assignment rerolls (easy solution) or making a permanent duel/colly dummy (technical solution) for me to burn my daily hits on would be really nice.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    With this shadowy invasion underway we’ll be introducing the Polymath equipment set which will be heavily designed towards the utter destruction of Shadow Elf raids. This set will be available for the entire month of July from the Relic Pack, (...)
    7'th july, still not available
    i call it a lie

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    New Event: Assault
    I wonder if assault raid will have war tag

New Gear: Polymath
    I super afraid this set will be no were near to free set and if it will cost around 10 tokens per item which means it will cost 90 token or 180 because you want to chave 2 copies of that and maybe this set will have general, troop, legion and armaments

New Premium
    Any chance for a price range? becuase without announcing price I don't expect him to cost more than 150

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    As stated by others, Gauntlet: Karaduchi isn't worthwhile except for those who are competitive. Its main value for me is its a nice token farming event. So if you want to really entice me in making it valuable (where i may invest PC to it), how about the following changes which could make this more exciting

1. Make this gauntlet monthly (part of the regular events players can expect).
    Since none of the prizes that matter are removed, perhaps making this monthly could make this fun

2. Reward Top players on each server, not the whole community
    honestly, I can't come up with a good reason why the rewards should be limited to all servers, but have server independent leaderboards. It would certainly get mid-tier players like me to step up my game once in a while

3. Consider changing the family jewels awarded to the following
    1. 5x family jewels
    2-10 3x family jewels
    11-50 2x family jewels
    51-100 1 family jewels

Since we're paying to max out his buff, I see no harm in upping the number of players who can get him it release. If consider offering the family jewels at 100 gauntlet tokens for 1 to encourage more players to (and 500 gauntlet tokens for the Tiberius Sprightspring himself), this gauntlet could very well be the most profitable for dotd.

The premium has some concerns, being a general, but I'll look forward to when we have more details
    Q: How can a workaholic play DoTD?
    A: DoTD is more work than play.
    I don't play anymore

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    For Rank 1 we’re adding a new item that will improve Tibius Sprightspring:
    Tibius’ Family Jewels
    All the comforts and prestige of home in one convenient pile of precious gemstones. This item has no quantity cap. So, if you own two of these then Tibius would gain the benefit of both.
    This is intended to be a way to improve Tibius’ strength while also providing additional long term value to Rank 1. As with Tibius himself, his Family Jewels will not be removed with each summon of the Karaduchi Gauntlet.

This is a horse**** move on your part!

This is nothing but a pure money grab attempt. The one great thing about the Karaduchi Gauntlet when you introduced it was that whoever got Rank 1 would have no need to get it again the next summon. Now you introduce this to try to get those who have Tibius competing for Rank 1 again.

It's pure horse**** and a really crappy move by you guys!

EDIT: At least have the decency to give the jewels out to the top 10 ranks, with rank 1 getting the SAME single copy of the jewels. At least that way, those who already have Tibius can get the jewels boosting him without having to take first away from someone who doesn't even have Tibius yet. After 5 years we might end up with a "problem" of too many people with Tibius competing for the top 10 spots, but I think that that will be acceptable to most of us.

Please seriously consider rethinking this aspect because as you have presented it here, I see it as a total crap move on your part!
    Wow. Not the only one who knows when bull **** is lurking. I agree with this 100%. You make Rank 1 have more "long term value" by making it a fight over who gets Tibius' Family Jewels, but in doing so you make Tibius even harder to obtain. The fact we all knew gauntlet would start out as a cash grab and now you make one gauntlet a 100% "Pay To Win" battle between all the strongest players in their brackets, you now make it completely screwed for anyone who could attempt Rank 1 BEFORE these jewels were added. Adding on the fact they do not have a cap, you have just made this the, in my opinion, strongest unit in the entire game. Sure he is weak now, but give it a few reruns of this gauntlet and you will have people who have him at a base 10000 attack and 10000 defense. Many other will and have said this, but instead of making a cash grab like this after the Shadow Cash Grab Chest you make some good craftables from gauntlet? Maybe make a few things that are cheap in the gauntlet shop and then we can craft useful things. Another thing with gauntlets that makes this an issue, the Jewels, is the fact we have three tiers. Sure three tiers is nice. Got your pre-luminary tier, pre-immortal tier and... No pre-IDS tier. We Immortals have to fight for a chance that isn't even visible unless you look into your wallet. These jewels have made the Immortal+ tier into a Demi/IDS battle that no immortal can truly fight in. We need to fix this. We need a pre-IDS tier, we need better things for cheap and free that are useful to the weaker players who do not spend cash, we need more consideration on the new players to keep them playing and spending and we need a way to make gauntlet more balanced even though it is a Pay To Play area. Please fix this mess before you ruin one of the greatest games... So many people love this game and they would hate for it to go.
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
    As stated by others, Gauntlet: Karaduchi isn't worthwhile except for those who are competitive. Its main value for me is its a nice token farming event. So if you want to really entice me in making it valuable (where i may invest PC to it), how about the following changes which could make this more exciting

1. Make this gauntlet monthly (part of the regular events players can expect).
    Since none of the prizes that matter are removed, perhaps making this monthly could make this fun

2. Reward Top players on each server, not the whole community
    honestly, I can't come up with a good reason why the rewards should be limited to all servers, but have server independent leaderboards. It would certainly get mid-tier players like me to step up my game once in a while

3. Consider changing the family jewels awarded to the following
    1. 5x family jewels
    2-10 3x family jewels
    11-50 2x family jewels
    51-100 1 family jewels

Since we're paying to max out his buff, I see no harm in upping the number of players who can get him it release. If consider offering the family jewels at 100 gauntlet tokens for 1 to encourage more players to (and 500 gauntlet tokens for the Tiberius Sprightspring himself), this gauntlet could very well be the most profitable for dotd.

The premium has some concerns, being a general, but I'll look forward to when we have more details
    I agree with spreading the tiers out, but not how you see. 5000 attack and 5000 defense for Rank 1 is way too high. He is already the best scaling troop you can own in the game. If the tiers were made 3 Jewels at Rank 1, 2 Jewels at rank 2-10 and 1 Jewel at 11-50 it would be more reasonable.
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRaven View Post
    I agree with spreading the tiers out, but not how you see. 5000 attack and 5000 defense for Rank 1 is way too high. He is already the best scaling troop you can own in the game. If the tiers were made 3 Jewels at Rank 1, 2 Jewels at rank 2-10 and 1 Jewel at 11-50 it would be more reasonable.
    pretty sure the thinking is if they made rank 1 5x jewels that they would also reduce the boost of the jewels by a factor of 5 or so to keep the top spot with more or less the same boost.

Night Blade

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Best thing would be to keep the top rank reward 1 jewel, but make the troop itself purchaseable for coins. That way you still have competition for the top spot, but don't have to make #1 to get the troop, just need to grind for it.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Sooo....when can we expect an update on the New Premium for this month?

Would like to know the procs and the price.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    So now that the Raven set has entered the crit realm, can we get an anti ethereal potion? Pretty please?

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlion View Post
    So now that the Raven set has entered the crit realm, can we get an anti ethereal potion? Pretty please?
    Wimp

Adding my voice to the anti-QoL magic update, no issues if you want to leave on the basic set-up but we loose a lot of raid space on the advanced set-up. It appears to be shoe-horned in with little thought to UX. Ideally a toggle to switch it off would be good, or at a minimum zap it from advanced.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Does anyone else think the cost of polymath is a bit to high? One total set does cost 630 tokens
    Mouse said in his first post that for full power you would need 2 sets, so that would mean 1260 tokens

I agree that there should be something to work for, but this is to much for a free player (without relic pack)
    Conclusion: For a paying player doesn´t help that much and for free player nearly not reachable goal

Lets say you reach level 140 on each gauntlet = 4 1/2 gauntlets per set = 9 total gauntlets for both sets

Even with 1 gauntlet each month this would be 9 months to get both sets, at this moment this set will be useless because of power growth not thinking about new items coming with next gauntlets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast