Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: State of the Game: July 2017

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Gauntlet: Karaduchi
    It would be nice if the Gauntlet had SOMETHING for f2p's to fight over instead of only p2w's, especially since there is no BoM...

New Event: Assault

New Gear: Polymath
    Umm. no...
    New Raids: Elite, Deadly, World

meh?

Guild Raid: Bigger, Badder
    I think there's a chance big players will start letting camps and big guild raids fail but...

Raid Page: Active Magics
    Scrolling is broken, as you might have heard...

New Premium
    yay?
    (1:23) Mehmonkie: I still cast my vote for Sycall as mod

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Mouse it would be nice if we could get a preview of the upgraded Polymath set, so people know whether or not it's worth buying the base version.

edit: I forgot Polymath is a month long RP, so we'll just wait and see what the upgrades look like.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by microfts2 View Post
    heh no need for me to get that set good thing I decided to save my PC's
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

ok, it's done. no buying it. thx for the info.

i think the thing that pissed most ppl off would be force to use the whole set included mount/ring

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    any more info about the assault before it starts?

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    I like the new additions to the Gauntlet Shop.
    IT would be nice if the new butcher troop affected the general
    it has been 2 years since Gallagher the sinner was offered for sale for 50pc I would suggest that this august for a few days offer him for sale again for those who missed him the first time or who are newer to the game. Maybe a couple other premiums of the past kind of sale for a few days.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by SamsonII View Post
    I like the new additions to the Gauntlet Shop.
    IT would be nice if the new butcher troop affected the general.
    Agreed.

it has been 2 years since Gallagher the sinner was offered for sale for 50pc I would suggest that this august for a few days offer him for sale again for those who missed him the first time or who are newer to the game. Maybe a couple other premiums of the past kind of sale for a few days.
    Whilst I'd happily agree, can I suggest that you don't

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    why do you think that bringing back previous troop offerings would be a bad idea? Shouldn't new players or newer players have the opportunity to play the same game, the same ways as the longer term players? I am not suggesting everyone would go for it but I think the opportunity to pick up prem troops and generals and magics should be given from time to time or there is a benefit to the first players that no one else will receive. This type of thinking kills games because it creates a barrier to new players and eventually that will not be good. IMO

why do you think that bringing back previous troop offerings would be a bad idea? Shouldn't new players or newer players have the opportunity to play the same game, the same ways as the longer term players? I am not suggesting everyone would go for it but I think the opportunity to pick up prem troops and generals and magics should be given from time to time or there is a benefit to the first players that no one else will receive. This type of thinking kills games because it creates a barrier to new players and eventually that will not be good. IMO
    He's not disagreeing with you, he's telling you not to hold your breath because 5PG has made it apparent the only way any prem or semi-prem items will come back are by gamble in one of the RNG expedition packs causing you to most likely spend hundreds of dollars and still possibly not get the ones needed to make a true impact. It would be a good idea to constantly offer items like the troops for direct buy, but they've made a point not to do that because gambling for them later makes them more money and they get to preserve the "exclusivity" of the original purchase. The barrier to new players has been around for years at this point with how many full Premium items have come out that any new player will have to gamble for now. I also don't agree with it but that's how they've handled it for years and refuse to change that acquisition path.

It took almost a full riot to not have Tollo Darkgaze and other random Prems be locked out of a direct buy phase and stuck in gamble lock boxes at one point so taking away a lot of that RNG gambling for a re-release is not likely to ever happen.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    A lot of people refuse to gamble...so, i think that will be better to sell prems like Tollo for a price like 1000PC

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by microfts2 View Post
    A lot of people refuse to gamble...so, i think that will be better to sell prems like Tollo for a price like 1000PC
    it took 3ish years of lobbying to get them to finally make the hero's chest. which in fairness they made cheaper than most of us pushing for it had really expected. most were asking for a once a year spend 250PC for a random old premium offering.

of course that only gives you the first version of the hero's chest (have long said each version of the hero's chest should have a chance to drop the next higher chest), but for 10 months and effectively 178PC (based off what could get making the idols) you can get a random old premium.

how they handle the 50PC items, which aren't tagged as premiums, is what is the most baffleing.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    yes, but is not easy to get hero's chest
    it should be in bazaar...
    Also the chest with prems' boosts (was in the same time with loyalty chest).

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Still waiting for an update about the new Prem....

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by unitedx View Post
    Still waiting for an update about the new Prem....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123