Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State of the Game: July 2017

Dawn of the Dragons Developer Mouse's Avatar

State of the Game: July 2017

Introduction
    Greetings and welcome to the July 2017 State of the Game!

Today we’ll cover some upcoming content for July and discuss some upcoming adjustments and quality of life additions. Without further delay let’s get to it!

Gauntlet: Karaduchi
    The Karaduchi Gauntlet returns!

With this summon of the Karaduchi Gauntlet we’re adding a boost for Balance (Support) to the Gauntlet shop. This boost will increase the Attack and the Defense of Balance by 700 and will be available for 15 Gauntlet Tokens.

The Butcher Knight is getting a Veteran version which you can upgrade via the crafting page. The Veteran version will retain the basic mechanics of the Butcher Knight itself but with improved numbers and scaling.

The Gauntlet Shop is also receiving a new magic: Deadly Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Proc
    Attacks by any raid member have a 5% chance to deal 800% damage; Extra 400% if Death Echo is cast; Extra 100% damage if Deadly Strike is owned
    This Magic will be available from the Gauntlet Shop for 75 Gauntlet Tokens.

For Rank 1 we’re adding a new item that will improve Tibius Sprightspring:

Tibius’ Family Jewels
    Increases the Attack and Defense of Tibius Sprightspring by 1,000 and proc damage by 50,000
    All the comforts and prestige of home in one convenient pile of precious gemstones.

This item has no quantity cap. So, if you own two of these then Tibius would gain the benefit of both. This is intended to be a way to improve Tibius’ strength while also providing additional long term value to Rank 1. As with Tibius himself, his Family Jewels will not be removed with each summon of the Karaduchi Gauntlet.

Special Event: Shadow's Embrace
    The Shadow Elves have had a taste of the riches that await them upon the surface and are no longer content to simply lurk within the dark recesses of Tor’gyyl.

New Event: Assault
    We’re introducing a new, modified version of the War event which we’re calling Assault. Unlike a War event this will feature only a single raid that players will have to summon. This raid will accept all three resources (Energy, Stamina and Honor) and will drop the contribution Token in addition to Stat Points.

Unlike a War event the Assault will run over the span of multiple weeks. The community board for this event will still feature Personal and Community related rewards but does not lead to unlocking tiers for a world raid.

“But we love World Raids so much!” I hear you say, and I agree! World Raids are great! That’s why we’re still adding a new World Raid near the end of the month, however its tiers will not be impacted by the Assault event in any way.

New Gear: Polymath
    With this shadowy invasion underway we’ll be introducing the Polymath equipment set which will be heavily designed towards the utter destruction of Shadow Elf raids. This set will be available for the entire month of July from the Relic Pack, but in addition to this we’re also adding it to the Gauntlet Shop. This will allow players who want to purchase the set outright to do so with PC or work towards it with Gauntlet Tokens.

To fully capitalize on the set’s power you’ll want to acquire two of each piece. And in addition to this we’ll also be adding a craftable upgrade to this set: Master Polymath. To acquire Master Polymath we’ll be selling upgrade Tokens via the Bazaar, but also adding these to the Assault event. Similar to base Polymath to fully maximize the power for Master Polymath you’ll want two sets.

With effort and perseverance you’ll be able to craft one Master Polymath set from the Assault event (again only if you’re able to reach top tier personally and the community does as well), or you can purchase these Tokens from a chest in the Bazaar as stated above.

The Shadow Elf race is new with the addition of the latest zone, so you can be sure that Shadow Elves will continue to make an appearance going forward as they continue their assault on the surface of Tor’gyyl.

New Raids: Elite, Deadly, World
    With this event we’ll be adding at least two Elite and one Deadly raid which have the Shadow Elf race tag associated with them.

As stated further above we’re also adding a brand new World Raid which will appear near the end of the month. It will feature the Shadow Elf race tag and is designed to be summoned in the future outside of this event.

We’re excited to get this event into your hands, adventurers! Assault begins on July 14th.

Guild Raid: Bigger, Badder
    Please note: this is currently in development and while our goal is to get this into your hands this month there’s the possibility it may be delayed.

The Dawn team has talked about for years about the possibility of adding a Guild raid that functions in many ways like a World or Event Raid. This raid would be healthless and simply run on a timer like a World or Event raid would, it would have loot tiers like you’re familiar with from a World or Event raid and would naturally cost Honor.

We’re in the process of testing this system out with the intention of bringing this to Guilds as of this month. The concept for this raid is it would have quite a few tiers so players of varying power will still benefit from its presence. We’re still experimenting with the cooldown and overall length of this raid as we do want it to be somewhat frequent but want to strike the right balance of making it feel special and desirable as well.

Depending on how this system goes we’ll certainly add more raids like this in the future. By its design though we wouldn’t want to add too many of these into the game too quickly. We also intend to still bring you normal style Guild raids going forward as well.

Raid Page: Active Magics
    A quality of life addition is coming to the raid page in the near future: the ability to see what Magic’s are currently applied to a raid as well as how many Magic slots exist in total. This will exist in both Basic and Advanced mode and will give raiders much better insight into what a raid needs at a glance.

New Premium
    This month we’ll be releasing a new Premium: Warbringer Bayok. While his mechanics are being polished up we did want to give you a quick heads up that he’s on his way! He will be an Oroc General and will be available for the standard period of time (one week on the homepage + bazaar and one week just in the bazaar).

Conclusion
    Thank you for reading the July 2017 State of the Game! We create a SoTG post every month so be sure to check back in August for another.

Until next time, adventurers!

This is an awesome Sotg Mouse and this is making my heart re-explode from the excitement.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    "Guild Event Raid" is probably the best concept we've seen added to the game in years. It will make things so much easier especially in guilds with a higher power gradient - run the GER in parallel with some smaller campaigns so that the lower-damage members can get their hits in without the bigger hitters needing to twiddle their thumbs or mass farm Pillagers and Whitepelts to spend their Honor. And for top guilds who easily run all nine campaigns at the same time with all challenges, it gives them something to do during the cooldown!

I hope the loot table will include some long-term goals - craftable upgrades and such.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    yet again nothing about perc2 and magic control

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    With this summon of the Karaduchi Gauntlet we’re adding a boost for Balance (Support) to the Gauntlet shop. This boost will increase the Attack and the Defense of Balance by 700 and will be available for 15 Gauntlet Tokens.
    Please tell me you will also finally FIX Balance to actually boost player stats like it claims! I reported the problem 2 Gauntlets ago and re-reported it last Gauntlet. I'm telling you again right here that THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

Please make it so.

EDIT#2: Patch notes today indicate this might be fixed. I say might, because the patch notes claim it is fixed for Gauntlet while the problem is actually in the regular game and not specific to Gauntlet.

For Rank 1 we’re adding a new item that will improve Tibius Sprightspring:

Tibius’ Family Jewels

All the comforts and prestige of home in one convenient pile of precious gemstones.

This item has no quantity cap. So, if you own two of these then Tibius would gain the benefit of both. This is intended to be a way to improve Tibius’ strength while also providing additional long term value to Rank 1. As with Tibius himself, his Family Jewels will not be removed with each summon of the Karaduchi Gauntlet.
    This is a horse**** move on your part!

This is nothing but a pure money grab attempt. The one great thing about the Karaduchi Gauntlet when you introduced it was that whoever got Rank 1 would have no need to get it again the next summon. Now you introduce this to try to get those who have Tibius competing for Rank 1 again.

It's pure horse**** and a really crappy move by you guys!

EDIT: At least have the decency to give the jewels out to the top 10 ranks, with rank 1 getting the SAME single copy of the jewels. At least that way, those who already have Tibius can get the jewels boosting him without having to take first away from someone who doesn't even have Tibius yet. After 5 years we might end up with a "problem" of too many people with Tibius competing for the top 10 spots, but I think that that will be acceptable to most of us.

Please seriously consider rethinking this aspect because as you have presented it here, I see it as a total crap move on your part!

We’re introducing a new, modified version of the War event which we’re calling Assault. Unlike a War event this will feature only a single raid that players will have to summon. This raid will accept all three resources (Energy, Stamina and Honor) and will drop the contribution Token in addition to Stat Points.

Unlike a War event the Assault will run over the span of multiple weeks. The community board for this event will still feature Personal and Community related rewards but does not lead to unlocking tiers for a world raid.
    The one raid for all stats is great and something the community has been asking for for a while now. Thank you.

Not having a WR tied to it may cause a problem though. Where's the incentive now to push push PUSH to ensure we make the highest tier possible? I'm not sure the master upgrade tokens will be enough, especially since we can get them directly if we miss any through the community loot.

Please reconsider having tiers on a WR tied to this.

The Dawn team has talked about for years about the possibility of adding a Guild raid that functions in many ways like a World or Event Raid. This raid would be healthless and simply run on a timer like a World or Event raid would, it would have loot tiers like you’re familiar with from a World or Event raid and would naturally cost Honor.

We’re in the process of testing this system out with the intention of bringing this to Guilds as of this month. The concept for this raid is it would have quite a few tiers so players of varying power will still benefit from its presence. We’re still experimenting with the cooldown and overall length of this raid as we do want it to be somewhat frequent but want to strike the right balance of making it feel special and desirable as well.
    Please be sure to add a stat craft on-hit drop as well, even if it is just the standard guild flag sets. This needs to have some benefit as an honor dump even after players have reached max tier.

This is intended to help solve the problem of honor dumping, right?

A quality of life addition is coming to the raid page in the near future: the ability to see what Magic’s are currently applied to a raid as well as how many Magic slots exist in total. This will exist in both Basic and Advanced mode and will give raiders much better insight into what a raid needs at a glance.
    This won't really matter much to me, but I know a lot of players will really appreciate this.
    Last edited by Ahlyis; 30th June 2017 at 20:16.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Regarding gauntlet..

1. Love that guantlet coins can be used to buy new gear set!

2. I like the new magic, however given the new magic's power range and that of several others (eg the enigmas) that have come out recently, I hope you will consider doing another power 'adjustment' on BoM and Smite during hte karaduchi guantlet to keep them relevant and worthwhile.

3. I like gauntlet and generally a top 10 player in most kruna gauntlets.. that said the Karaduchi gauntlet had very little incentive for going very far... I wasnt and still not going to spend $1200+ that the top contenders each individually spent last event trying to get the one top prize/troop and top 10 rewards had no stepped down equivalent reward to the top troop (ie like bom is to smite) and the only difference between top 10 and top 50 was 5% att/def/perc more on the ring.. very little incentive to spend any pc to get in top 10 for that small ring boost alone, especially when i can easily stay in top 50 for free. If you increased the ring bonus from 10% to 15%+ to att/def/perc or better yet added a troop or general reward for top 10 (with stats/ability that were very good but stepped down from karaduchi troop like bom is to smite) it would be a much better gauntlet and one you would see a lot more pc from. .

$1200+ is a crazy price to pay for the top spot as it was but I feel so much worse for the 2nd place finisher who spent $1000+ and only had a +10% att/def/perc ring to show for it. Talked to both of them after, and both had buyers remorse but especially the second place finisher. At least make top 10 somewhat worth while, especially as compensation for maybe trying to go for number 1 but not making it. Better yet expand the prize windows so top 3 get karaduchi troop and then top 15 get the next prize tier.

If this next run of karaduchi is the exact same reward table as the last, it will be an easy decision for me not to spend a single pc and just save up the free strikes for a better reward hopefully in the future.

Just some ideas.. thanks for all the work you od and considering this.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    The new assault sounds really great and im really excited also im wonder what the chances are of seeing returns of the older wars for those who, for whatever reason, missed them (i personally was unable to play for 2 years and just got back this feb)

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

Will the Cooldown timer be adjusted as there is only one raid as against three in traditional War event. If no then will you be adjusting the tiers as there will be only 33% of the raids available to the community??

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Pickering View Post

Will the Cooldown timer be adjusted as there is only one raid as against three in traditional War event. If no then will you be adjusting the tiers as there will be only 33% of the raids available to the community??
    Evant will last for few weeks so cooldown might stay same

Good sotg this month!

1.That gem should be distribute for Top 10 so who already have it can boost it while not try to take top spot for people who didn't have one.
    2.Guild Event Raid should be calculated to up 2 times per week at least with timers i think 48 hours should be sweetspot and 48 hours cooldown. Many people do ODR so they will have something to dump honor in while they hit those massive raid. I think it should feature some magic slot so people can add whatever they want, Guster , Smite , BoM etc. anddd lastly, meaningful on-hit drop. could be craft for stat and consumable and/or long term goal.

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    sploosh

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    *heavy sigh* now I have to check in during my vacation to see if a premium is available, I would not mind one month a year where new stuff does not appear. Oh well, my loss
    -=SpiderPig=-

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Another gauntlet, no war.. starting to get annoyed. did they get rid of war or something?

EDIT:

nevermind i saw

“But we love World Raids so much!” I hear you say, and I agree! World Raids are great! That’s why we’re still adding a new World Raid near the end of the month, however its tiers will not be impacted by the Assault event in any way.

im happy now yay

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Raid Page: Active Magics
    Where is the Control on what magics are cast on our raids? this was stated months back that its something we will be getting.

This is not much of a quality of life fix.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The Immortal Insurgi, 16th Drake Slayer, 12th Demigod. Insurgi's (AP, FS, OS, Max) Raid Damage Table

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    Guild Raid: Bigger, Badder
    Please note: this is currently in development and while our goal is to get this into your hands this month there’s the possibility it may be delayed.

Depending on how this system goes we’ll certainly add more raids like this in the future. By its design though we wouldn’t want to add too many of these into the game too quickly. We also intend to still bring you normal style Guild raids going forward as well.
    While i appreciate an attempt to make dumping honor easier, i really don't like to read the word "cooldown" there.
    I'm definitely one of the stronger players on Kasan when it comes to general and camp damage, but surely not one of the strongest overall.
    And i can easily solo a camp like BHH or even worse CC on a normal evening, not to speak of the lower health ones.
    Of course i can't and won't do that so everyone in our guild can join them, but that makes spending honor really annoying for me, especially as we have 2-3 more players like me in our guild.
    So we're pretty much hoping for something permanent to spend honor while waiting for lower damage players to get some damage done in camps.

Currently, honor clearly is what making the game just purely annoying for me and is part of why i'm far less active than usual and i don't want to play on like that forever.

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Hey, hey, hey. thanks for keeping this game up, its apreciated. Its been a while since the last blunder, which is kinda nice on its own, but i'm hopping the staff will bring some good laugh this month. hype!
    Omer's Collar: proof that 5pg does bait and switch. never forget!
    Guster fault: just so you know, 5pg can and will reset or modify our characters whenever they see fit.
    "we'd like you, the community, to decide which Magics should appear on this raid."... uh, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiel View Post
    Good sotg this month!

1.That gem should be distribute for Top 10 so who already have it can boost it while not try to take top spot for people who didn't have one.
    Agreed.. i could care less about another boost for top #1 spot rewards, especially given that top 10 rewards are currently extremely lacking. Fix the top 10 rewards before adding more to top single spot rewards. At a minimum tibus jewels should be added as top 10 reward but even that I dont think is enough compensation for what it takes to get there.

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    very nice very exciting

Tibius’ Family Jewels - theese are exclusive tho and will cause lots of grief why not make them 10 / 500 and reward 100 of them to top first then move them down the tier so all can get some, I am top 100 on my server but am convinced there is no way to get them and that is quite depressing, similar top spots of gauntlets are somewhat depressing no 5000+ can fight with a 10000+ lvl, these great things, necks and so on should be achievable, we need a crafting system for say top place even tho they get removed

so if you make 3-5 gauntlets top 500 craft 2 silvers or 1 gold then that gets removed. anyways just running it by you guys, great sotg regardless

Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Quote Originally Posted by cerealis View Post
    Tibius’ Family Jewels - theese are exclusive tho and will cause lots of grief why not make them 10 / 500 and reward 100 of them to top first then move them down the tier so all can get some, I am top 100 on my server but am convinced there is no way to get them and that is quite depressing, similar top spots of gauntlets are somewhat depressing no 5000+ can fight with a 10000+ lvl, these great things, necks and so on should be achievable, we need a crafting system for say top place even tho they get removed
    I think you might want to read the description for what Tibius Family Jewels does again.

Either that or please explain to me why you even want them in the first place if you don't intend to ever finish first in this Gauntlet anyway.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    his Family Jewels will not be removed with each summon of the Karaduchi Gauntlet.
    Good for him. The alternative sound quite painfull

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast