Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

Thread: State of the Game: June 2017

  1. #21
    Golden Garden Monk cerealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    750


    My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you sir the honor is all ours ! we're not worthy! ))

  2. #22
    Sargaash the Mighty equal
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    4,962
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Introduction
    Achievement Searching
    A small quality of life feature that is in the works: the ability to search for specific AP badges within your achievements panel. There’s a lot of updates we’d really love to do for this page but a search field is a much requested and great first step.
    It would be nice if the number killed also appeared next to the essences in the raid summoning tab.
    If you want to "ignore" someone on the forum just click their name, click profile, and beneath their avatar you'll see an ignore link. Comes in really handy at times when you don't want to deal with that certain someone's constant negativity.

  3. #23
    Disciple of the Traveller
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,810
    Rep Power
    19
    one really dumb question about the coin chests we get every year.

    why is it that there is always players mentioning massively lopsided results? in my case have like 17 brown coins piles up while trying to get 3 grey ones. kind of afraid to try for the rest almost, at least it the cheap box doing it to me. get random variance along with the gamble or else mindset, but when talking about multiple reports of 10 or even more 50/50 results being one sided, does make you wonder a bit just how stable the RNG is.



    or far more the point, why do you not allow a 2 coin to 1 conversion (hell, 3 or 5 to 1 would help some even) with the anniversary chests between the two colors of a single chest? failing that, a craft of 2 coins to make a fresh chest of that type, would still keep it random and mostly open ended but at least wouldn't see bunches of one color coin piling up.

    know of players that actually spent small amount to try to get the sets that had this keep them from getting them. as well as players that gave up trying to get the set to not deal with it. either case not particularly good for the business long term.

  4. #24
    Sister of Radiance Fiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    262
    Rep Power
    5
    one last thing to be add it is not that much but worth looking:

    Please tell the number of "owned" (not currently owned) item ie: inventory / troop / general / legion / armament / legendary whatever so when it comes to calculate specific thing (such as magic that scale) it would be easier. it can be a new statistic page. currently it seems to have only raid number counted. this can also tell crit rate you have, crit damage +% you have etc.

  5. #25
    Forum Moderator Nethlion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,718


    My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    that would be probably the simplest long term fix. been suggested lots of times. move the LSI cap to 8, to account for the 1 honor per level. then just make it a player set value like energy and stamina that you add to or don't add to each level.

    ideally if they did that should let us do a one time adjustment to honor as part of the change over. know some of the higher level particularly might want to drop their total honor down some.


    though still think probably the best fix would be to make at least two new raids. one that is energy/honor and one that is stamina/honor. even if just picked one of those would help. we all remember what the addition of Jorm did to energy on its own. if careful about the balancing of the relative value of the resources spent, that would likely solve lots of the problem by player summoning preferences. ie, in time we would adjust the rate of summoning of these raids to conveniently soak up excess honor. would let us fix the problem ourselves to our needs. if problem gets out of hand again, the devs would just need to release a new summonable honor raid, much as the elites and deadlies were done.
    Energy/honor and stamina/honor raids is a good start. I'd be content with that as a semi fix. Part of the boring part about honor is having to back out of the raid, going to a GRaid or camp, and dumping your honor, just to get back to the thing you really want to be doing. I sometimes have said forget it and just not spent my honor.

    If honor was part of the LSI formula and we chose when to add it, I probably would've stopped at 500, or maybe 1,000.

  6. #26
    Sister of Radiance KidRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    315


    My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Rep Power
    9
    Since Honor dumping is on your radar, here are a couple of suggestions that would entice me to stop overhitting ERs/WRs and camps.

    1. As suggested previously, Guild raids should automatically be summoned upon their death. This can be a Guild Leader optional setting so entry level guilds don't have players using honor on raids that likely won't die.

    2. Give an option (drop down) to summon up to 100 of the very same Guild raid, to lessen the clicks required for farming/dumping honor. (the faster we can use our resources, the sooner we would need to use leveling pots, meaning the sooner we run and need to , maybe, buy more) negligible, i know, but still in favor of the game from an income perspective and QoL thing for the players.

    3. Reduce cool-down timers on the big camps to 6 or 12 hours

  7. #27
    Sister of Radiance Thalain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    382


    My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Rep Power
    5
    I really like the idea of "Guild ERs". Even one of those would do a lot, especially if it has some marginal return from on-hits (maybe on the order of 2-5 SP per 100 invested, on par with quests). If you make high HP regular guild raids, please make sure they have very high tiers (ideally ML at least 80% of full HP) so that in guilds with just a few strong hitters, these can still die. It doesn't help to have a 5t honor sink raid if you need ten 500b hitters to be online to make efficient use of it.

    A revamp of guild raid summoning and farming is overdue. In an ideal case, an auto-summon (if enabled in the guild) would result in the killing player immediately finding a new copy of the raid in their "new" tab, but with the option to close (so you won't always have a Celeano on top of your list just because you can't avoid 1-shotting it). If that goes too far, please just make a guild tab on the raid page from which we can summon them. Most of the clickwork is the constant switching between raids and guild hall.

  8. #28
    World Mender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,036


    My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    one really dumb question about the coin chests we get every year.

    why is it that there is always players mentioning massively lopsided results? in my case have like 17 brown coins piles up while trying to get 3 grey ones. kind of afraid to try for the rest almost, at least it the cheap box doing it to me. get random variance along with the gamble or else mindset, but when talking about multiple reports of 10 or even more 50/50 results being one sided, does make you wonder a bit just how stable the RNG is.



    or far more the point, why do you not allow a 2 coin to 1 conversion (hell, 3 or 5 to 1 would help some even) with the anniversary chests between the two colors of a single chest? failing that, a craft of 2 coins to make a fresh chest of that type, would still keep it random and mostly open ended but at least wouldn't see bunches of one color coin piling up.

    know of players that actually spent small amount to try to get the sets that had this keep them from getting them. as well as players that gave up trying to get the set to not deal with it. either case not particularly good for the business long term.
    This. So much this.

    Adding in veteran versions/boosts for old WR ones is a good idea too. Should be easy to do and gives some use when newer players do hit them.

    Also, it makes me very sad that there are no plans to retro-upgrade older zones so that all areas give AP on nightmare.

  9. #29
    Town Guard
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Krasnystaw
    Posts
    87


    My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Rep Power
    4
    9 wr's in one month, now we're talking :) thank you!
    please, make it a common thing, to ,stuff' multiple wr's in every week without other event :)




    Quote Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
    It would be wonderful if older WR could be run side by side challenging WR, particularly for younger players. Some of the most recent WR releases are not new player friendly (a single hit can bring their HP to 0).
    yes, but also, please, stop make wr's hit so hard. it adds nothing good to the game, while giving new players really hard time.
    there are other raids that hit hard, theoretically adressed to already ,developed' players, people can chose to hithem or not. but wr's? they should be accesable for everyone.



    Quote Originally Posted by snowstar View Post
    one really dumb question about the coin chests we get every year.

    why is it that there is always players mentioning massively lopsided results? in my case have like 17 brown coins piles up while trying to get 3 grey ones. kind of afraid to try for the rest almost, at least it the cheap box doing it to me. get random variance along with the gamble or else mindset, but when talking about multiple reports of 10 or even more 50/50 results being one sided, does make you wonder a bit just how stable the RNG is.
    because this is prng and not rng (which doesn't mean you could not get similar result with rng, just the chance is much lower).

    when you get 3-4 unwanted ones in the row, reload, maybe even wait a bit before trying again.

  10. #30
    Golden Garden Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    638


    My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Rep Power
    5
    I see this as one of the more positive SotG we have had for a long time, even though the planned WR/ER are a bit disappointing for high level. But thank you!
    I think the whole community accepts that we can’t have completely new content every week. In the early days, we had weeks with no new content at all, and we were … … … content lol . But I would say a word of warning here, no new content for too long is deadly. And it is not as if the last six months were a fountain of progress in the development of DotD.
    I like the AP development on quests, that hitting “lower” areas gives AP. If the lower areas have good drops, should be so. Not sure I like the spreading of the zone over four weeks much. Smells of no ideas, sorry.
    There are very many threads about dumping honour. EXCELLENT that you are looking at the problem!
    The most recent thread http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...305-Honor-dump is very solid, I find.
    I personally favour the idea of a guild raid that:
    • Has very long life
    • Has very high HP
    • Does not drop any loot
    • Does have on-hit drops
    • On-hit drops to be craftable to SP
    • On-hit drops make buildable SP scaling upwards, so newbies can build a little SP after reaching only very few craftables, and biggies can hit for a month but then get a (for them) worth-while amount of SP. E.g. 1 of each colour = 10SP, 10000 of each colour = 1m SP. If the SP amount is not scalable, then either the newbies get too much or it is boring for the biggies.
    • Gives AP

    - I am trying to get a raid here which can satisfy both the newbies and the biggies, AND satisfy the old powerful established guild and the newbie guild.

    But frankly, any solution to the honour burn problem would be welcome.
    Particularly since the newest camp does not help at all. Far too weak, given that dragon gear and legion are so strong. Sorry. OK for weaker guilds, useless for older guilds.
    Please also look at the exaggerated power everyone is achieving these days with elites and then deadlies. Also a theme of many threads. Small raids are dying like flies, strong players can’t hit small raids any more. Even big raids are just ridiculous soon. It is not particularly enthralling hitting a deadly for ten minutes on auto-hit. There are enough suggestions to this subject here on forum I think.
    Whereby I really do not want that newbies in this game have trouble catching up. That would be completely wrong.
    Everybody enjoy game, Folks !

  11. #31
    Spell Slinger
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    2,382


    My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KidRock View Post
    ...3. Reduce cool-down timers on the big camps to 6 or 12 hours
    How about removing CD for campaigns completely (so i can farm BoB solo, muheh)
    Na ArmorGames hledáme členy pro naší gildu CZ+SK !

  12. #32
    Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!
    Posts
    4,934


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiel View Post
    Please tell the number of "owned" (not currently owned) item ie: inventory / troop / general / legion / armament / legendary whatever so when it comes to calculate specific thing (such as magic that scale) it would be easier. it can be a new statistic page. currently it seems to have only raid number counted. this can also tell crit rate you have, crit damage +% you have etc.
    Any of those which have AP can already be checked. Just check how many AP claims you have. AP counts all owned, even if you no longer own them.

    All we need now is to get AP categories added for any of those that don't have them yet.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

  13. #33
    Golden Garden Monk
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    857


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    A small quality of life feature that is in the works: the ability to search for specific AP badges within your achievements panel. There’s a lot of updates we’d really love to do for this page but a search field is a much requested and great first step.
    Really? I literally can't remember ever seeing anyone bring this up. I'm sure it must have come up at some point, but if this qualifies as "much requested", I have to wonder how you would describe all of the requests for adding missing AP categories that you've refused to add over the years.

    There are a lot of things I'd like to see done with the AP system, starting with the basic ability just to see the total amount of AP I've earned (whether already spent or not). Being able to immediately jump to Horgrak AP by typing in "Horgrak" rather than scrolling down to the small raids is... okay, I guess. I mean, I'm sure there's someone out there who cares about that, but it wouldn't even be in my top ten.

  14. #34
    Sargaash the Mighty equal Ahlyis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hiding in a dark corner of your mind - sure is roomy in here!
    Posts
    4,934


    My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesuji View Post
    Really? I literally can't remember ever seeing anyone bring this up. I'm sure it must have come up at some point, but if this qualifies as "much requested", I have to wonder how you would describe all of the requests for adding missing AP categories that you've refused to add over the years.

    There are a lot of things I'd like to see done with the AP system, starting with the basic ability just to see the total amount of AP I've earned (whether already spent or not). Being able to immediately jump to Horgrak AP by typing in "Horgrak" rather than scrolling down to the small raids is... okay, I guess. I mean, I'm sure there's someone out there who cares about that, but it wouldn't even be in my top ten.
    It does come up every so often, and has been doing so for years now. I'm not saying it's been a hot button issue, but it definitely has kept coming up time and time again.
    Azure Bonds on NAG has risen from the dead! We are now a level 10 guild with full guild shop access. Come join us!

  15. #35
    Golden Garden Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    985


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlyis View Post
    It does come up every so often, and has been doing so for years now. I'm not saying it's been a hot button issue, but it definitely has kept coming up time and time again.
    I have literally never seen anybody ever mention it once before the announcement.

  16. #36
    Forum Moderator Nethlion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,718


    My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegfarms View Post
    I have literally never seen anybody ever mention it once before the announcement.
    Searchable not so much. Sortable a lot more.

  17. #37
    Farmhand
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    21


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    0
    All this thank you`s and we get a crap premi for dawni...thanks...

  18. #38
    Farmhand
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1


    My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Rep Power
    0

    Updates

    Need More Guild Hall , And War , very very fun

  19. #39
    Golden Garden Monk Bridget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    536


    My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Rep Power
    4
    I have a request for the upcoming Guild WRs (and any others that come after it). Can you please put the crafts into the 'new' section of the crafting tab? It's a pain having to search out stuff we may have missed the first time around.

  20. #40
    Disciple of the Traveller
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,810
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I have a request for the upcoming Guild WRs (and any others that come after it). Can you please put the crafts into the 'new' section of the crafting tab? It's a pain having to search out stuff we may have missed the first time around.
    this is something we have asked them to do many times for all returning events. they really need to make a "current" tab since some say it can be confusing to have old formulas in the new tab though.

    honestly I think the problem is that *they* can't even find all the old formulas in any easy fashion to collect all of them to move to the new tab. at this point, it just underscores how horribly confusing the crafting pages really are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. State of the Game: May 2017
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 28th May 2017, 07:54
  2. State of the Game: April 2017
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 11th May 2017, 23:02
  3. State of the Game: March 2017
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 30th April 2017, 20:59
  4. State of the Game: February 2017
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 24th February 2017, 18:44
  5. State of the Game: January 2017
    By Mouse in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 30th January 2017, 20:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •