Like Dawn of the Dragons Community on Facebook! Like Dawn of the Dragons Mobile Community on Facebook!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: May Update: New Premium and Episodic Zones

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
    I've never complained about a prem before, but this is dawnniversary and this prem should be AMAZING to reflect another year of the game. IDC if you jack it up to 200pc, just give me an amazing prem, I've been waiting months for this day.
    Then again, if you think about it, they released two prems for this Dawni.

The question is: If you combined the stats from both Prems into one entity, would it be worth 225 PC (75+150)?

(I still think 5PG should consider 125PC or 150% magic mimic for Warlock though.)

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    I like the idea of the premium producing tokens that can eventually be turned into a random old magic. As is, it's kind of 'meh'; not bad per se, but not a Dawniversary premium.

As for the episodic zone... yeah, I don't get it either. In the last few zones, each area hasn't really stood on its own. We've had craft parts we needed to collect from each zone, and the raids themselves are typically carbon copies where there's clearly one worth summoning and the rest not so much.

If they're honestly doing something different with zones now, okay, but if it's just doing something different with the presentation, so as to drag it out to fill up the month, no thanks.

Sister of Radiance Achievements's Avatar

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesuji View Post
    I like the idea of the premium producing tokens that can eventually be turned into a random old magic. As is, it's kind of 'meh'; not bad per se, but not a Dawniversary premium.
    Strongly agreeing. Normally after you buy it, you put it into a legion and never have to look at it again since it just does its job. But on Bosso you can actively power him up by getting crafts! So I'd make Warlock drop tokens for example with same drop rate as Bosso and for every ~750 tokens you can craft a magic chest, containing all possible old magics released until a certain time. Every few months you can look forward to sth, even if it's little and useless fodder.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Sorry to join the whine train, but most of the sentiment is spot-on. The premium doesn't even feel like it's worth 150 PC--it's certainly not on par with a Dawniversary premium. My recommendations second what has been stated before--lower his cost to 75 or so PC, or give him a proc where he has a chance to drop one of the many old crap magics onto your character. Look at Bosso--who has the ability to boost himself, the ability to be boosted in the future, incredible stats, and an awesome legion bonus. Look at Tussau, admittedly dated by now, who epicly boosts his own stats, and still delivers on the damage even years later. I'll even concede to the compromise of having it drop coins that can be used to craft a chest that contains old crap magics. Grudgingly, mind you. It should be just the magics.

If it's supposed to pair in some way with Lucian's guide, they should just both be 75pc. They're both okay, but barely premiums and not very worthy of Dawniversary.

Disciple of the Traveller
    Quote Originally Posted by Than View Post
    If it's supposed to pair in some way with Lucian's guide, they should just both be 75pc. They're both okay, but barely premiums and not very worthy of Dawniversary.
    that is the odd part, these two permiums are supposedly being put out as a pair of sorts. why don't each of them boost the other somehow? like owning Lucian's guide ups warlocks 15/15 boost to 30/30. or owning warlock bumps up the crit rate for Lucian's guide to 8% instead of 6% so such.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    would be nice if they also put tags on it to be any/any/any or at least two of three but first tag has to be any

Normally World Chat, just seeing who can get upset.

My Platform(s)
    Newgrounds
    New quest zones? I feel like my quest idea was swept under the rug. Never even go Kodiak's response about it </3
    Sycall, Angel of Death of Dawn.

Quest Zone, Generals, Legion, World Raid: Created by Sycall. http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/foru...-WR-and-Legion

While this premium is not that bad but it is NOT Dawniversary premium (look at Tussao , Utym , Bosso) Grimoire is more like Anni prem to me, IDK to suggested buffing it so it has some "unique" design. such as,

- (Passive) Add 1 personal magic slot , this alone justify current price tag but i guess it takes time to develop.
    - Old Magic Summon, this is good too.
    - Add token to craft like bosso, it could be a new magic and several magic theme consumable.
    - most laziest, add crit damage +2% for each magic owned. (comparable to Tussao , that time Mount proc contribute most damage, this build on the same concept)

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiel View Post
    While this premium is not that bad but it is NOT Dawniversary premium (look at Tussao , Utym , Bosso) Grimoire is more like Anni prem to me, IDK to suggested buffing it so it has some "unique" design. such as,

- (Passive) Add 1 personal magic slot , this alone justify current price tag but i guess it takes time to develop.
    - Old Magic Summon, this is good too.
    - Add token to craft like bosso, it could be a new magic and several magic theme consumable.
    - most laziest, add crit damage +2% for each magic owned. (comparable to Tussao , that time Mount proc contribute most damage, this build on the same concept)
    The crit part seems to have to do nothing with the prem though. The old magic summon does seem like a good idea as it would give him boost for the F2Ps that do not have stacks of magics.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    World Server
    new prem - disappointment in a nutshell

Farmhand

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    As f2p, this prem is nothing special and definitely not 150 pc special. Magic is one of the hardest things to get a f2p. I personally have 38. So stat wise he'd be 2570/2570 which is good, don't game me wrong. However as is he's not going to get much bigger because free magic is pretty rare. While those stats are good, my Cornerstone is 3116/2916 and gets a small boost almost every event or world raid and he was free. My Olivia has 3X the attack and 2X the defense the Warlock would at 1/2 the price.

With an added ability to get more magics somehow, it might be worth 150 pc.

Golden Garden Monk

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    If this is the dawni premium , then it should be/feel more special than regular premiums that are released during the year.
    as of now it feels , to me, like just another premium.
    See all the comments above ( especially the one with the chance to summon a magic ) that can help to make this premium feel like a dawni one.

Thank you

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Talking about unique-feeling features for a Dawniversary premium, you could scrap Warlock's magic mimic and add a feature where he randomly boosts base damage just like a magic would do.

This would be at least a unique way for a unit to boost damage. Say 20% to double base damage. This way he'd boost damage even in situations where there are no magic slots (like WR, Camp). This uniqueness and power would befit a Dawni prem.

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    What if Warlock gained some synergy from owning Grimoire (and/or Clara)? Don't just make it a simple A/D boost, but give him something unique for also owning the other magic heavy premiums, like an apprentice learning from the masters.

~Brainstorming~
    *If Clara is owned, gain 2% legion power instead of 1 per 2 magics
    *If Grimoire is owned, gains 25 attack and defense per magic owned
    *If both are owned, adds the ability to cast a second magic on a raid

The last one is most likely a pipe dream and wont happen, but something like that could make Warlock worth being an anni released premium

Night Blade

My Platform(s)
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWeaver99 View Post
    As f2p, this prem is nothing special and definitely not 150 pc special. Magic is one of the hardest things to get a f2p. I personally have 38. So stat wise he'd be 2570/2570 which is good, don't game me wrong. However as is he's not going to get much bigger because free magic is pretty rare. While those stats are good, my Cornerstone is 3116/2916 and gets a small boost almost every event or world raid and he was free. My Olivia has 3X the attack and 2X the defense the Warlock would at 1/2 the price.

With an added ability to get more magics somehow, it might be worth 150 pc.
    Just for reference, there are currently in the game 42 free magics (including the level 1000, 2500, 5000, and 10000 magics) plus another 23 free magics from events (like WRs, Gauntlet, etc) and the AP shop (Dessicate). The remaining 62 magics are PC magics, for a grand total of 127 magics available.

So not counting the four level magics and the two Gauntlet magics, that still leaves 59 free magics.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Maybe release him at 125 with magics bags sorted by year for 15-25 pc so you give peoples an excuse and motivation to buy old magics.

Town Guard

My Platform(s)
    Armor Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken View Post
    Maybe release him at 125 with magics bags sorted by year for 15-25 pc so you give peoples an excuse and motivation to buy old magics.
    The premium is not remotely good enough, for me at least, to justify buying old magic. It's just not worth it. It's not a Dawniversary premium, either.

Sister of Radiance

My Platform(s)
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Than View Post
    The premium is not remotely good enough, for me at least, to justify buying old magic. It's just not worth it. It's not a Dawniversary premium, either.

I have 94 magics so ... , the magics bag will benefit others magic grow prem noone prevented you from buyingthe magic when they were on bazaar/nip , you did choose to not buy them dont complain about it now. i missed dak im upset about it but i dont whine.

Silver Arrow

My Platform(s)
    Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiel View Post
    This would be cool, even if the magic added were completely random. Everyone could do WR/ERs with at least one magic randomly chosen! Sometimes your Warlock gives you something useful, sometimes he gives you QM :P

I did math and came out with potential stats being 3,065/3,065. Which is not bad, don't get me wrong, but it's not WOW! He'd be my 16th biggest troop, so I'd have to click down a bit. Utym is #2. Bosso is my #2 gen. Tussao has slipped down to my #10 gen, but is still a must-have (and he's also a few years old, we all slow down with age).

Or give him the magic crafting ability. We'll get some outdated magics that boost him a little bit. It wouldn't be "I GOTTA HAVE THIS GUY IN ALL MAH LEGIONS!" like Utym, but it would be kinda cool and in theme.

Or maybe he makes all your other troops count as INT and/or WIS and/or SPC (he magically boosts them?), which might make filling some legions with bigger troops easier.

Other than being a troop not impressed with Warlock. So much like a pale imitation of Grimiore less stats per magic (and even less gain for those stats being a troop), way less magic mimic, no extra magic slot, mediocre legion boost (considering only whales would have enough magics to make in even interesting and they will likely notice it even less) and generally just meh.

Another premium tied to one of the hardest things to get (Magics) as many are found in WRs, gamble boxes and NIP. Add in the fact there is pretty much guaranteed to be at least one 'Flash Sale' full of crap magics that conveniently come out with this premium...really not feeling it.

Like others said it NEEDS to create magics one way or another (not even sure that would save it though). Tuss was released years ago and still pretty much sets the bar for premiums by being one of the top damage dealers for nearly every player that owns him and actually summoning what boosts him.

It's Dawnniversary make Warlock impressive instead of bleh.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast